Sign in to follow this  
zinnn

What elements/accessories/minifigs you’d like to see in a future Pirates CMF series?

On 1/26/2023 at 2:27 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yeah, such a drum piece is long overdue. It could be attached between the legs and body like the tail pieces.

I guess this could work as a epaulette-like piece that's dual molded with the mini-parrot attached to it. I doubt attaching the exisitng parrots would work when taking into the account the size of the head + hair/or hat piece.

I was talking about a potential drum piece that could be attached like the tail pieces.

15504.jpg

I guess technicaly it is possible to attach parrots using these pieces that fit around a minifigures neck and give you one or two studs on the back and then use some additional pieces to make the parrot fit but (a) it would look good only from certain angles and (b) the parrots are to big (especially when you have them right next to a minifigures head :pir_laugh2:

On 1/27/2023 at 9:11 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

I was talking about a potential drum piece that could be attached like the tail pieces.

15504.jpg

Yea that kind of connection would be nice. I hope we will see some kind of drum in the future.

On 1/27/2023 at 8:11 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

I clicked the wrong quote button, was meant to reply to this:

On 1/26/2023 at 9:36 PM, Aanchir said:

One very pirate-y piece I'd love to see in the future would be some sort of neck accessory that allows a parrot one of the new monkeys to sit on a pirate's shoulder. Granted, to work with minifigs' wonky proportions, its design might have to be somewhat more cartoony/fantastical than a lot of folks here tend to prefer, and it probably wouldn't work with some larger hat pieces, but I still often find myself wishing something like that existed.

:)

On 1/27/2023 at 8:36 AM, Aanchir said:

One very pirate-y piece I'd love to see in the future would be some sort of neck accessory that allows a parrot one of the new monkeys to sit on a pirate's shoulder.

This is an interesting idea!

Maybe it could work with an epaulette-like piece with a stud on one of the shoulders that a parrot could connect to.

image.png

Although, the traditional LEGO parrots proportion may be too large and they parrot would probably tower over the minfigs head.

I'm loving all of the parrot and monkey perch ideas, though minifigure shoulders and head make it difficult no matter what. Maybe a combination of a smaller parrot mold and a new hat with a stud on top would do as an alternative?

3 hours ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Especially the gentleman with the top hat. (Dr. Facilier)

No idea who Dr. Facilier is but we're getting closer to that Voodoo Shaman minifig I suggested a while back...

Pocahontas, Mulan, Dr. Facilier and Tiana are my favorites. The hat of Jiminy Cricket and the legs of Pinocchio also look useful :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank ye, kindly!

I did turn to Google and look up the good doctor after I wrote my previous post.

Seems I'm a couple of decades behind in my Disney movies! :pir-grin:

You are very welcome Governor :pir-huzzah2:

Me too, i learned of him couple of days ago. My Girlfriend is a real Disney Geek.

@Lion King posted this idea of a Pirate-themed CMF series, I'd LOVE this to happen:

On 6/17/2023 at 7:52 PM, Lion King said:

Yeah, that would be cool to get more pirate mini figs in the regular CMF series! 

Maybe a pirate-themed CMF Series!

1.) Captian Pirate (female)

2.) Sketeal Pirate (only one sketal arm, one regular minifigure arm)

3.) Bluecoat Commander 

4.) Governor 

5.) Zombie Pirate (not captian from S15)

6.) Pirate Fairy

7.) Pirate Ship Costume

8.) Stranded Pirate (with a goat)

9.) Bluecoat Soldier

10.) Female Pirate (with a new braided hair piece that goes down front of toros )

11.) Mermaid

12.) Islander 

Ooo, I like this thread for ideal pirate elements from CMF! Thanks for tagging me here, @zinnn!

i like this idea!

I would love to see a wing-spreading parrot going with a pirate character in future CMF. And yes, I did came up with ideas for pirate-themed CMF series aboe. :)

This is fun! Here is my list of my most wanted minifigures. Since it is possible to have 18 figs (i am looking at you Disney CMF) i'll post 18 suggestions:

1. Opera general with flamboyant uniform, bicorne and cape
  2. Mermaid with corals and fish
  3. Vodoo priestess with vodoo doll and needles
  4. Swashbuckler with wanted poster printed tile
  5. Pirate captain with parrot and map printed tile
  6. Fisherman with net and fish
  7. Lady with light yellow dress and flowers (Camilla)
  8. Pirate with pistol and monkey (Will & Spinoza)
  9. Indigenious warrior with club and spear
  10. Female indigenious archer
  11. Vodoo baron with hat and cape, tarot card printed tile
  12. Female pirate captain with treasure chest and coins
  13. Imperial soldier (blue) with sword and musket
  14. Female tavern owner with 2 pints of beer
  15. Street vendor with goods
  16. Castaway with fur cape and goat
  17. Sailor with rope and anchor
  18. Milkmaid in light blue dress with calf and bucket

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

@Yperio_Bricks, your suggestions are much fun, I love it! These ideal accessories sound amazing! 

I think we need some new pistol mold? And maybe new fish mold. Of course, we need GOAT!

And minifigures sound sooooo good that I wish Lego produce them!

9 hours ago, Lion King said:

@Yperio_Bricks, your suggestions are much fun, I love it! These ideal accessories sound amazing! 

I think we need some new pistol mold? And maybe new fish mold. Of course, we need GOAT!

And minifigures sound sooooo good that I wish Lego produce them!

Yeah, the fish looks like it is stiff like some wooden stick. I am ok with the pistol mold though. But maybe they could produce a bayonet?

14 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yeah, the fish looks like it is stiff like some wooden stick. I am ok with the pistol mold though. But maybe they could produce a bayonet?

Hmm fish on a stick? Not like just sticking a bar into a fish’s mouth, yeah? Or make a fish more hollowed so just slide a stick into  its mouth little more deeper?

I just think it would be cool a few old-styled weapons like revolver or one you just mentioend. Revolver had been seen in Pirate of the Caribbean: the Curse of Black Pearl. That revolver is quite longer than pistol. 

And I think we need a jug piece! 

Honestly I'm fine with the current fish mold for "generic" fish (alive or dead). Even the molded, unprinted eyes don't really bug me like they do on the parrot or classic monkey. And it'd be hard to make a less rigid-looking fish that's as versatile in terms of size and connection points.

That said, I appreciate when LEGO introduces alternative molds for fish with more specific body shapes. The butterfly fish and seahorse from the marine life accessory pack are some good examples. Some future possibilities along those lines that could be neat for pirate builds would be a flatfish mold, swordfish/marlin mold, and eel mold.

Not sure if this is an unpopular ida among Pirate fans but I wold like to see a pirate captain’s bicorn printed with a minifigure skull instead of a realistic one since pirates are in the lego world, not ours. 

Maybe we could get some new parts for merpeople, such as shark tail, shell-tangled hair (not a crown-type), a coral-styled spear. We need some evil merpeople also! Plus, not sure if we wouuld see Ursula’s octopus tentacle bottoms coming in CMF since it’s a licensed part. 

Maybe we need a new beard piece for a male pirate? Like two-braidd beard? I don’t know how to describe it - one man with beard that split into two, tied up

34 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Not sure if this is an unpopular ida among Pirate fans but I wold like to see a pirate captain’s bicorn printed with a minifigure skull instead of a realistic one since pirates are in the lego world, not ours. 

LEGO did that with the skull prints in 21322: Pirates of Barracuda Bay , and the hats and small flags from the Pirates VIP polybag, and Eldorado also uses this flattened skull print with same features as a minifig skull head.

Very different from previous skull prints, including the original, the 2009 print, and the 2015 print ,which are all different from the Barracuda Bay design.

The 2020 3-in-1 Pirate Ship captain also uses the old 2009 design hat print.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

shell-tangled hair (not a crown-type)

two-braidd beard

I love those two suggestions in particular!

On 6/23/2023 at 10:06 AM, TeriXeri said:

LEGO did that with the skull prints in 21322: Pirates of Barracuda Bay , and the hats and small flags from the Pirates VIP polybag, and Eldorado also uses this flattened skull print with same features as a minifig skull head.

Very different from previous skull prints, including the original, the 2009 print, and the 2015 print ,which are all different from the Barracuda Bay design.

The 2020 3-in-1 Pirate Ship captain also uses the old 2009 design hat print.

I’m not sure. If we are on the same page - I looked up PoBB set and I saw that it’s not a minifigure skull head on Captian RedBeard’s bicorn. 

I was talking about a minifigure skull head,  not a “realistic” one. Just take a look. At Spooky Boy’s toros. From CMF series. That’s one I was referring to.  

Like Metalbeard's hat from the LEGO Movie? Always would have loved to see that one used more widely.