Sign in to follow this  
zinnn

What elements/accessories/minifigs you’d like to see in a future Pirates CMF series?

And I’m talking anything and everything.

Alternative headgear, new weapons, new or recoloured clothing, unique sea-related accessories, colour pairings for clothing that weren’t used much, new face expressions, animals, etc.

so far we've had 4 pirates in the series, but I feel like there's room for more.

Edited by zinnn

56 minutes ago, zinnn said:

so far we had 4 pirates in the series, but I feel like there room for more.

Right you are!

I've been pondering a Voodoo Shaman minifigure with a traditional skull head and the voodoo doll could be the one used for Jack Sparrow but with a more generic pirate print.

Something along the lines of this...

image.png

image.pngimage.png

interesting, I'm not a PoC fan, so never really considered the voodoo aspect to the Pirates' adventure.

That being said I love the headgear pieces from Jack Sparrow - and would love to see them re-done in more classic pirates fashion - so brighter colours and smaller in size - the ones in PoC sets are ridiculously oversized.

Also a hair piece that is bald on top and has long hair on sides would be great sort of like this dude on the right (actually both looks great for pirate models):

hAwpN59.jpg

I guess my main issue with PoC minifigs is that they have quite washed, dark and realistic colours - I like the original Lego Pirates with their more vibrant vibe.

On top of that I'd love to see more diverse torsos for your 'average' sea mates, i.e.

a classic green version of this torso:

973pb1932c01.jpg

and some new colour variants of the bandana piece (classic green and black would be awesome)

18927.png

Edited by zinnn

5 hours ago, zinnn said:

I guess my main issue with PoC minifigs is that they have quite washed, dark and realistic colours - I like the original Lego Pirates with their more vibrant vibe.

Aye, I also prefer the traditional yellow minifigs and haven't really been a fan of the flesh tones used in licenced themes.

11 hours ago, zinnn said:

so far we had 4 pirates in the series, but I feel like there room for more.

So what are those 4 pirate minifigs?

Let's put them altogether to provide a more perspective on what's already been released:

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

I'd just like to see them mix up the classic bicorn and tricorn with more color variations: light and dark gray, blue, red, green, white, etc. Also a scruffier red coat for pirates without a ruff. Blue and red parrots with old school prints. And there haven't been nearly enough sets/minifigures with powdered wigs.

Edited by TalonCard

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

image.png

IMHO, nostalgia aside, Scallywag Pirate is the best Lego Pirate design of all time. Lego absolutely nailed it. The updated Redbeard from the PoBB is close second, but I just love the updated take on the classic Pirates. Not a single weak element in this minifig.

It'd be awesome to get new recolours of those legs, and also more tattoo variants for arms and chest (a mermaid tattoo would be awesome!)

Edited by zinnn

You missed one; 

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB8Dta_Qfm9JlJTL5I31spcWPuBT99YAa3W8HjaIqutpW_k8wIKTPC4vtEOXix-MXGn7TH2q6x5TYj36qbUTUk-ClN5Xa0C9vw6_AuC_l1&usqp=CAc

Saying that, The only thing I'm really hoping Lego will do in the future is release an updated version of Captain Iron Hook (at the very least, an updated version of the tattered shirt and belt with a knife through it, with back printing!)

I'd personally like to see a (perhaps more tasteful) new take on the islander faction. Take away any notions of cannibalism and general hostility that we saw in POTC especially, perhaps lean heavier into the mysticism and masks :pir-laugh:

As for pirates themselves, I would love to see a Stede Bonnet / "gentleman pirate" type character, with fancy clothes and a powdered wig + hat mould.

1 hour ago, zinnn said:

The updated Redbeard from the PoBB is close second

Is this the one?

image.png

34 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

I'd personally like to see a (perhaps more tasteful) new take on the islander faction.

What was distasteful about the original islander faction?

Wasn't the Island Warrior from Series 11 an updated take on the Islanders?

image.png

30 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

I'd personally like to see a (perhaps more tasteful) new take on the islander faction. Take away any notions of cannibalism and general hostility that we saw in POTC especially, perhaps lean heavier into the mysticism and masks :pir-laugh:

ahhh, totally forgot about the brilliant Island Warrior CMF (the only minus for me with him is lack of back printing, really odd choice for Lego):

71002-5.jpg

technically I should also count it as a Pirate-adjacent minifig...

s ago, Mister Phes said:

Is this the one?

image.png

Close, this one, with a touch of grey in his beard:

idea065.png

55 minutes ago, JeffBuilds said:

updated version of Captain Iron Hook (at the very least, an updated version of the tattered shirt and belt with a knife through it, with back printing!)

I've been saying that for ages! That torso was my fav Lego torso for years when I was a kid, such a badass with the knife tucked in there. Definitely a re-do would be most welcome!

57 minutes ago, JeffBuilds said:

You missed one; 

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB8Dta_Qfm9JlJTL5I31spcWPuBT99YAa3W8HjaIqutpW_k8wIKTPC4vtEOXix-MXGn7TH2q6x5TYj36qbUTUk-ClN5Xa0C9vw6_AuC_l1&usqp=CAc

Technically he's not a pirate, though.  He's more of the protagonist to the pirate antagonists. I.e. a non Imperial "good guy"

Although, he does fit in very well with the LEGO Pirates theme.

11 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

What was distasteful about the original islander faction?

Wasn't the Island Warrior from Series 11 an updated take on the original Islanders?

image.png

Might just be personal preference, I guess. I'm not educated enough on the topic to make any actual observations :tongue: The mask in that figure is excellent though and I wish he was a bit cheaper to get. I just wish we got some friendlier looking islanders

Edited by AstroFalcon
prematurely sent the reply without finishing what i was writing :P

1 minute ago, AstroFalcon said:

Might just be personal preference, I guess. I'm not educated enough on the topic to make any actual analysis :tongue:

Well, in your personal opinion, does the Island Warrior make a suitable update to the Indigo Islanders? Or did you have something else in mind?

5 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Well, in your personal opinion, does the Island Warrior make a suitable update to the Indigo Islanders? Or did you have something else in mind?

To be fair, looking back at the original islander sets, there doesn't actually seem to be much wrong with them. The POTC cannibal set is the one that came to mind, which I didn't like much at all. The indigo islanders actually looked quite friendly, as they are only defending themselves from the pirates.

7 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

The POTC cannibal set is the one that came to mind

You mean 4182 The Cannibal Escape?

image.png

6 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

You mean 4182 The Cannibal Escape?

image.png

Yep, a great set by all means, but I just don't like the idea of cannibalism as a whole. :pir-laugh: 

24 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

Yep, a great set by all means, but I just don't like the idea of cannibalism as a whole. :pir-laugh: 

It is a rather curious set concept to market towards young children given cannibalism is literally murdering people and eating their remains.

Ironically the set is aimed towards 6-12 year olds but wasn't the film rated PG13?

Oh, I have an Idea, A Dandy/Gentleman Pirate, dressed in the height of 17-18th century fashion, complete with S7 Judge's powdered wig, maybe combined with a hat. Accessories would be a walking cane, and a rapier or pistol.

Something like these:

The Pirate Empire: Henry Morgan – an Explosive Career

image.jpeg.29770d6fafb7d2d61c6b50fc22828164.jpeg

image.jpeg.2af7f137fb8921e9c07e84fde6dd42a8.jpeg

image.jpeg.6b7620d96794dcfcd38e2957e830c553.jpeg

image.jpeg.ac2a39dc6ec3643d7254eeb9e53357b2.jpeg

image.jpeg.75a55adf4b24d3e5c5babf3eb6509ca2.jpeg

Baroque Fashion | History, Style & Characteristics - Video & Lesson  Transcript | Study.com

Edited by Eggyslav

That would be a great minifigure! What i would like to see in a future CMF, would be just some random civilians with detailed printing, that could be used for various historic themes.

And hopefully they would come without a yellow neckline :pir-grin:

Another minifig idea: Ships cook. We already got one in Brick Bounty, but alternative design would be nice. He could even have a pegleg as a nod to Long John Silver, and since in real life sailors who lost their limbs were often made cooks. Or actually, an amputated leg and arm mould would generally be nice. TLG did the arm variant for minidolls in newest friends sets, so why not minifigs? And speaking of amputations, why not a ship's medic minifig with bonesaw accessory?

Edited by Eggyslav

3 hours ago, chofus said:

It's not totaly connected to pirates, but for blue/red coats (which are part of pirates:) ). I would like to see drum piece for army marching band.

https://www.brushwiz.com/images/paintings/a/An_English_Drummer_Boy_by_George_W._Joy_L91.jpg

I would also like bayonets (the one from brickforge are perfect) for flintlocks.

Yeah, such a drum piece is long overdue. It could be attached between the legs and body like the tail pieces.

One very pirate-y piece I'd love to see in the future would be some sort of neck accessory that allows a parrot one of the new monkeys to sit on a pirate's shoulder. Granted, to work with minifigs' wonky proportions, its design might have to be somewhat more cartoony/fantastical than a lot of folks here tend to prefer, and it probably wouldn't work with some larger hat pieces, but I still often find myself wishing something like that existed.

19 hours ago, Aanchir said:

One very pirate-y piece I'd love to see in the future would be some sort of neck accessory that allows a parrot one of the new monkeys to sit on a pirate's shoulder. Granted, to work with minifigs' wonky proportions, its design might have to be somewhat more cartoony/fantastical than a lot of folks here tend to prefer, and it probably wouldn't work with some larger hat pieces, but I still often find myself wishing something like that existed.

Ooooooohh!! That would be an awesome piece!