Marooned Marin

[MOC] TRITON

This is absolutely a masterpiece. Really nice mix between playable model and display model. 
Simply epic!!

Now on „sail“!

19 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

That's the King's emissary, sent from the cold and damp Europe to Caribbean to witness and ensures that Triton is in capable hands.

Ah, so he's flesh-toned because he has not yet received a golden tan? :pir_laugh2:

23 hours ago, NOD said:

I like the photo and the comparison to the Barracuda ship.

Thank you @NOD , as you are both ship and MOC expert, your words of praise mean a lot to and I'm glad you like it.

I'm making the series of images of comparison with other ships which I plan to post on Instagram, maybe even on Flickr (I have to make account). :pir-triumph:

6 hours ago, Filibbooo said:

nice mix between playable model and display model.

Thank you @Filibbooo

As I knew this will end up in the hands of 10 year old, I was striving to hit that sweet spot just in the middle, playable but serious.

When I compared the first version to Barracuda I saw it was way too big, and thus not likely very playable since children need to move the ship with somewhat ease. So I downsized it.

I think it would look good anchored outside of the Treasure Island :pir-huzzah2:

5 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

so he's flesh-toned because he has not yet received a golden tan? :pir_laugh2:

Precisely! :pir-grin::pir-grin:

I just love Triton.

Great build and I know the hard work that you have put in it. Love the colors ;)

One of the most beautiful bluecoat ship I've ever seen! :pir-love:

If the bow was a little bit more realistic (my opinion), it would be perfect!

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Beautiful ship as the others have said. I read the small comic then and it was really good. You have got good writing skills so I hope you finish this New comic soon for us to enjoy! Thanks for sharing and congrats on reaching the Front Page

On 1/22/2023 at 3:37 PM, Piraten said:

Love the colors ;)

I had some '2x10K club member' help with those :pir-triumph:

On 1/22/2023 at 11:53 PM, Viper Knight said:

The color coordination of the sails and the ship, keep marveling me.

Funny thing is, I'm partially colour blind :pir-grin: so I guess I've nailed it right this time.

Thank ye for positive feedback. :pir-huzzah2:

8 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

One of the best beautiful bluecoat I've ever seen! :pir-love:

Thank Ye! I'm really honoured with such a high praise :pir-huzzah2:

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

I read the small comic then and it was really good. You have got good writing skills so I hope you finish this New comic soon for us to enjoy!

Thank Ye Fraunces, I'm glad you like the premise of the story, and comments like these motivate me to find extra time and energy to work on the darn thing! :pir-huzzah2:

28 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

I finally got around to make digital 'size' comparison series of Triton against (new) Barracuda.

Where are the sails? :pir-oh3:

On 1/29/2023 at 3:02 PM, Mister Phes said:

Where are the sails? :pir-oh3:

Sails tend to block a clear view at both ships... but truth be told, I was lazy to make custom digital sails for Barracuda so I found convenient excuse instead :pir-grin:

This is great.  It’s got a classic feel to it which I really like.  One of my favorite parts is the blue sails.  They match Lego stock sails so well in their shape and the material you used.

On 2/4/2023 at 6:57 PM, Mr. Townsend said:

This is great.  It’s got a classic feel to it which I really like.  One of my favorite parts is the blue sails.

A big thanks to you kind Sir! I'm glad you find it pleasing to the eye. :pir-huzzah2:

On to another topic. I found time and played around with the new 10320 Eldorado Fortress, trying to see how Triton would fair around her waters... 

Mind you, Triton sails under Governor Broadside's command, who might have a question or two for the Admiral sitting in his office back at the fort!

Triton-Eldorado-01-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-02-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-03-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-04-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-05-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-06-Marooned-Marin

Get instructions!

Fantastic ship! Love the mix of the solid shell and the built-up sides. Great use of posts and forks for the trident designs. 

3 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

A big thanks to you kind Sir! I'm glad you find it pleasing to the eye. :pir-huzzah2:

On to another topic. I found time and played around with the new 10320 Eldorado Fortress, trying to see how Triton would fair around her waters... 

Mind you, Triton sails under Governor Broadside's command, who might have a question or two for the Admiral sitting in his office back at the fort!

Triton-Eldorado-01-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-02-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-03-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-04-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-05-Marooned-Marin

Triton-Eldorado-06-Marooned-Marin

Get instructions!

Your ship is a jewel, my friend:pir-stareyes: