Bricksbypidy

[COR-FB] Whisky Distillery, Wullham

After the completion of his first design assignment (Queenston Primary School), Peter Nash (architect) was overwhelmed with congratulations and positive messages. "What a warm welcome to the New World!", he thought. At the opening party he got into a conversation with the mayor of Wullham, @evancelt. Mayor Major Sir Jonathan Brickleton invited him to come to Wullham. So he did...

A few days later, Peter left for Wullham with an old friend, Doug MacIver ("He is a little bit weird, he is wearing a skirt..."] After arriving on the island, Peter was surprised by the landscape. It looked completely different here than in Queenston. The landscape was barren and rougher; it was hilly and there were many sheep. Above all, the temperature was a lot lower and the wind was blowing very hard. It reminded them of where Doug came from.

A while later, while taking a walk on the island with Doug, Doug had a great idea. "This island is a great location to start a whiskey distillery!" he said. "Rum is sewage for pirates, people of our stature drink whisky!" Peter agreed and a few days later he started making the first sketches.

BoBS - Factory Wullham

He designed a main building (distillery) and a first storagehouse. The mayor checked the drawings carefully and approved the construction of the distillery. So construction could begin! See the final result here!

BoBS - Factory WullhamBoBS - Factory WullhamBoBS - Factory WullhamBoBS - Factory Wullham

---

Licensed in Wullham as a large factory, by @Bricksbypidy.

Dimensions: 98 x 130 studs

Total parts: ~13,600

Edited by Bricksbypidy

Excellent job @Bricksbypidy! I love how the lavenders that you integrated into the landscape make it look all highland-y.

I will license this as a large factory for Wullham, which should be the final license needed to move Wullham up to the next town size! Thanks

Make sure you fill out the build submittal form so that you get some build DB during the next accounting!

That is a wonderful build. I live the color scheme and subject matter... whiskey...

Jeez what are you rendering it with!? Are you using studio or something else to build? Are you editing after the fact to add the background and the flag? If you are using studio, what are the settings you use to render because this "looks" really great?!

4 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Rum is sewage for pirates, people of our stature drink whisky!" Peter agreed

Is this a declaration of war against the Sea Rats? 

great build however , love the architecture  and the feeling of it 

5 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Well this is awkward. He's good and he's prolific!

Yeap, I was shocked too!!!!!:pir-laugh::pir-laugh::pir-laugh:

Plain beauty and glad to have you with us!!! :pir-love: I particularly like the terrain and the distorted vision behind the glass windows (how did you achieve this btw?).

Edited by blackdeathgr

Welcome to the forum, the game, and the faction. :classic:

This is another beautiful design. I like your architecture so far and the ground textures are nice. The inside lighting and background really bring it to life, and the hat blown off with that hairpiece is excellent. I would love to see an interior pic sometime if that's possible.

I'm also curious as to what you're using for your renders. They're not quite as photo-realistic as the best that I've seen but they're still extremely good.

6 hours ago, evancelt said:

I will license this as a large factory for Wullham

I've contacted @Ayrlego and @evancelt. Ayrlego is going to adjust the paperwork. The large factory will be placed in Wullham, but licensed by @Bricksbypidy.

6 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Jeez what are you rendering it with!?

3 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

I'm also curious as to what you're using for your renders.

I'm using Bricklink Stud.io for renders. I lighten the shadows with photoshop and add a background. The flag (and some other parts) are custom parts, made with PartsDesigner.

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

@NOD @CapOnBOBS @evancelt let's face it, you're getting Nanu-Na-old

I have no idea what this means, but I take it as a compliment! 

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

how did you achieve this btw?

I used trans glass, which creates this automatically with rendering, actually.

4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Is this a declaration of war against the Sea Rats? 

I eat pirates for breakfast! :pir_laugh2:

In the recent weeks i was watching some wiskey (and cigar) tasting videos at YT and this looks like the place they were talking about! Superb Distillery, a masterpiece :wub:

I love that gag with the flying hair and hat and of course Peter is carrying his papers with him :pir_laugh2:

8 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

In the recent weeks i was watching some wiskey (and cigar) tasting videos at YT and this looks like the place they were talking about! Superb Distillery, a masterpiece :wub:

I love that gag with the flying hair and hat and of course Peter is carrying his papers with him :pir_laugh2:

Thanks @Yperio_Bricks. Nice that you recognize the 'whisky-vibe'! :pir-huzzah1:

This is very good and very big!!  I really like the combination of med lavender, dark green, and olive for the landscape, and the roof technique you used looks great.  Nice lighting inside the building too, makes it look warm and inviting. 

Thanks guys for your positive feedback! 

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Is there more to the buildings?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. But if you mean if there are more interior pics... No, there are none. I have placed a few objects (boilers, tanks, minifigs and lighting) to create a nice ambience. But the interior is not fully worked out.

This is a great diorama! :pir-stareyes:The whiskey distillery and the storagehouse are well built. I especially like the beautiful landscape. The photo of Peter Nash's hat flying off is great.

Because I haven't done it on the forum yet, welcome to BoBS Pidy - it's great to have you as part of the community.

This build is lovely! The aesthetic fits Wullham perfectly! The landscaping is just so good and the lavender highlights work so well. The buildings are really well done and the sand green and olive highlights are perfect with the white and bley 'slate' roof. Really great job here!

On 1/18/2023 at 8:08 AM, Bricksbypidy said:

Thanks guys for your positive feedback! 

I'm not sure what you mean by this. But if you mean if there are more interior pics... No, there are none. I have placed a few objects (boilers, tanks, minifigs and lighting) to create a nice ambience. But the interior is not fully worked out.

Would love to see it when you finish I'm a sucker for distilleries lol

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Would love to see it when you finish I'm a sucker for distilleries lol

I have no plans to further develop the interior. :pir-grin: