1 hour ago, T Lego said:

They fit, but don't work. Not too much an issue for most collectors, since I have seen tons of people equiping it with Daytona wheels anyway, moreover the current CaDa wheels don't really work on this model either 

So they fit in the wheelarch, as long as you don't steer or want them to rotate? :laugh:

But the Cada wheels do rotate, don't they? But they don't look as good.

Hello Everyone :-)  I have created a detailed EXCEL File with the LaFerrari parts list (Part Image, Part Number, Part Color, Part Description and Quantity.

Since I cannot load it here due to size limit, you can send me a request by email to: shlomi@gondabi.com and I will sent it to you :-)

By the way, where can I find building instructions for this set?

Edited by Shlomi-Gondabi

Hello

Which tires do I need for the rims from technic-rims.com. Or what tires did brunoj use. Does anyone know the item no. by Lego.

On 4/17/2023 at 3:25 PM, Shlomi-Gondabi said:

I have created a detailed EXCEL File with the LaFerrari parts list (Part Image, Part Number, Part Color, Part Description and Quantity.

How do you create a parts list if you don't have assembly instructions?
Could you convert your list to csv format that could be used to upload to rebrickable? This file would be more useful and compact to upload here.
By the way, an instruction for C61505 in 8 volumes appeared on the CADA website.

This model has many modified parts. If the frames cut in half 64179 and beam 14720 can be easily replaced with uncut ones, then with JX41xx panels it will be much more difficult. Does Lego really protect its rights to every detail so strongly? Or is it copy protection? Or both at once? CADA Fantasma/Jesko C61048 is less complicated in terms of details, but has a more interesting design in terms of mechanics.

Edited by Sokolov Edward

1 hour ago, Sokolov Edward said:

By the way, an instruction for C61505 in 8 volumes appeared on the CADA website.

Where? Cannt find it. 

Could anyone please confirm that the back suspension, while their height does allow for movement with the steering, appear to move very little compared to the front? 

Edited by nerdsforprez

3 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Could anyone please confirm that the back suspension, while their height does allow for movement with the steering, appear to move very little compared to the front? 

Do you mean the suspension travel is small, or the leaning travel is small?

Edit: I do recall that, during building, I also thought that the rear axle movement was rather small. But when finished, at full weight, the amount of movement was good and appropriate. 

Edited by astyanax

3 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Once load is applied on the rear axle, the movement of the rear setup increases significantly. If the car is not standing on its wheels and you turn the knob, movement is very little. With the full weight it should about as much as the front.

2 hours ago, astyanax said:

Do you mean the suspension travel is small, or the leaning travel is small?

Edit: I do recall that, during building, I also thought that the rear axle movement was rather small. But when finished, at full weight, the amount of movement was good and appropriate. 

2 hours ago, T Lego said:

Once load is applied on the rear axle, the movement of the rear setup increases significantly. If the car is not standing on its wheels and you turn the knob, movement is very little. With the full weight it should about as much as the front.

Thanks to you both for the responses.  Indeed, I thought this was the case, but just thought I would reach out to others who already built the model for verification.  

For what it is worth this is one of my favorite builds.  It sure is a challenge, which I mean in the best of terms.  I love that it is modular.  I will provide more opinion once I am finished.  I am putting in some of my own cosmetic changes, so I will post them as well.  

One last word is that this build confirms that I can't see me ever purchasing an official Lego UCS ever again, at least not for the build (parts perhaps, but not to build and display).  This set, along with other MOCs I have built from others, are just so vastly superior.  Additionally, I am convinced that with all the safety, difficulty restrictions, etc. TLG, even if their designers were to come up with something like this would never approve it for production.  This is just too difficult to see them producing on a mass level and expecting the Lego Mass audience to actually be able to build.  Once again, I mean this in the best possible way... good stuff.  

@T Lego

The instructions for the CADA-C61505W can be downloaded free of charge from CADA.

Because the differences are not insignificant, I use the model with original Lego bricks and your build is much more consistent, is it possible to download your instructions as a PDF?

Of course against payment to support your excellent work....

I am not sure if comments on the CADA build should be posted here or on the CADA thread.  Oh well.  

Almost done with mine.  Have to say, while things are fresh on my mind, what a wonderful build.  Usually I detest building standard models, at least from TLG I do.  After building this, and @Lipko's lightweight airplane, building others' MOCS has restored my faith in building.  They are more than simply assembling a bunch of parts together.  You have to use deductive logic at times, even inductive (though rarely) to get things correct.  Also, you really, really have to pay attention.  Usually I like to build with music on or a show in the background, but lately I have just focused on the build; the aesthetic, sensory and cognitive experience of it all.  

Usually I also dislike building body panels, really any part of the body.  The chassis and drive train have typically been the meat and potatoes part of any build for me.  But I found myself loving building the body of this model.  The angles and part usage is just so creative and practiced.  I can tell so much effort went into this model.  I am sure I will share pics when done, but just had to comment a few thoughts on the model.  

Edited by nerdsforprez

@nerdsforprez Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I am glad you like the challenge. Not everyone can enjoy such complex design, in fact it sometimes suprises me people complain about the difficulty eventough the set is clearly labeled 'Master' (admittedly the age number is contradicting though). Anyway it doesn't hurt to focus more on build intuition and building process for my future MOCs.Keep me updated:thumbup:

@Michel1980 Thank you for the update. I will check if that's ok with CaDa. I must point out they are preliminary PDF instructions and should be seen more as a detailed instruction on the rough building order. However It should give more than enough details to perfectly reproduce my original lego version.

Edited by T Lego

I've built this set in the last few weeks and on features, construction and aesthetics this set is far superior to any 1:8 car I've built to date (even many of the awesome MOCs out there that I have built). I was a little worried for the fragility of this set, after building your awesome Centenario, but the LaFerrari is really sturdy when finished.

One minor thing I've changed is replacing the CADA gearbox parts with Lego wave selectors, since the orange CADA parts make aweful 'screeching' noises when driving the car.

Thank you T-Lego for creating this impressive MOC en giving us the opportunity to build it! 10 out of 10 for me... the best brick build set of the year for me 👍🏻

(Here is me hoping you, Bruno, etc keep making awesome mocs so my collection can keep growing 😁)

Edited by Psyx88

The same, but different - a couple of @T Lego’s Italian brothers together. 🇮🇹

A work in progress… The build so far has been a bit of a challenge - with no instructions initially I started out slowly building the main monocoque cabin like others using speed build videos and photographs. Now that I have built sixteen 1/8 scale cars the reverse engineering is getting better, but not perfect! Also trying keep track of the running design changes and work arounds with using Lego parts. The LaFerrari’s monocoques construction has a few design cues from the Lamborghini Centenario that I built a couple of years ago.
Using all the new 12t and 20t gears like in the recently built Pagani Huayra BC gearbox, it really smooths gearbox and steering. The best mechanical feature of @T Lego’s LaFerrari the ‘Dynamic Steering’ that is integrated in the suspension - inducing body roll into car as it steers, something that hasn’t featured in previous cars built. The LaFerarri appears to dance as moves along steering left to right. The front end lift is smooth in operation too.

800x600.jpeg

Over next few weeks hopefully get the rest the build complete, along with the Hero Factory Armour dash and couple of my own changes/modifications. 

Can anyone tell me the rationale behind the carbon fiber axles?  I love the CADA provided them, not complaints here, but as far as I can tell they aren't really needed.  I am tempted to just use regular axles, and keep the carbon fiber ones for a build that truly needs them.  

On 5/27/2023 at 4:01 AM, nerdsforprez said:

Can anyone tell me the rationale behind the carbon fiber axles?  I love the CADA provided them, not complaints here, but as far as I can tell they aren't really needed.  I am tempted to just use regular axles, and keep the carbon fiber ones for a build that truly needs them.  

I think it can be use in some high tension area. But since this car is static i think you can just keep it. I have to use all carbon one on the Apollo because of the torque is too high for the motor and wear out some of the axle

6 hours ago, Ethan0080 said:

I think it can be use in some high tension area. But since this car is static i think you can just keep it. I have to use all carbon one on the Apollo because of the torque is too high for the motor and wear out some of the axle

Yea... thanks for the reply. I should have specified I obviously meant my question directed to this set, not the rationale for the CF axles in the first place. 

As far as I understand, they are not needed for this set.  Without having the instructions handy, I know there are three.  Two for just under the doors (which carry no load and are not under stress) and the third I cannot remember without the instructions.  I have decided to keep them and use them in a motorized model or at least something that will need the strength of CF over ABS axles

Building-Log 5

Hello All,

aftter a break due to another Lego project, I resumed the LaFerrari. In the meantime, Cada has uploaded all the PDF instructions and it seems also incoorperated the corrections.

Therefore, I will change a little bit the approach using the PDF Files instead of the YouTubes Videos and try to adapt here and there where the Lego Model is different.

I made progress though different modules of the LaFarreri, and will go in chronological order through the building, presenting the final submodels.

The Cockpit and the Frontaxle is done, pictures below and some parts that are requiered to attach the gauge cluster are described.

Changing Gears, steering and hight adjustment works perfectly fine. Fun part of the section was submodel from Step 89, which finally leads to small panel 22 come below the big panel, finetuning the look of the interior.

Adaptions:

For the original gauge cluster:

- Step 98: Do not attach the 1x5 Beam in front of the steering wheel

- Step 99/100: Prior to attach the 1x15 beam, concentrate to assembly the different parts of the gauge cluster, using: 2x 60483 x 1x 6536 attached to the axle 55013.

- attach both sides of 90640 with an assembly of 36840+3024, attached to 60483

- use for the center part with the black bush red pin 89678, because it provides friction

- Step 154 does not work for me, it does not hold to the bar of 85940 - changed the direction with the half part to the bar

- Step 159: the technic gears used (black and tan) match with the Lego Partlist, but in the picture shared by T-Lego, blue gears were used

Building - Section Cockpit and Front Axle | Finished

52957526206_c2c80b1a10.jpgA5 by N2 KAr, auf Flickr

52957673489_a17db0e7c2.jpgA6 by N2 KAr, auf Flickr

52957983458_b13e0774b5.jpgA7 by N2 KAr, auf Flickr

52957526066_f3d1e5c72a.jpgA8 by N2 KAr, auf Flickr

Edited by n2kar_jw

Building-Log 6

Hello All,

Continueing with the Seats, as a preheader to the Monocoque

Adaptions:

The provided Lego Partlist misses some parts here, or at least less quantities. You can find a picture of all required parts for the 2 seats below.

- e.g. plate 3623 must be 2 instead of 1, plate with hole 18677 must be 4 instead of 2

- use 8x red 32828 Plate Round 1 x 1 as indicated in the pictures from T-Lego (I used black and it does not have so much negative effect)

- replace technix pin 1/2 at steps 153 / 162 with 39888 Technic Pin Long to provide friction for the 65578 Bar, Angled with Stud on End

- 65578 Bar, Angled with Stud on End is only available in transparent for Lego purists

Building - Seats | Finished

52958014659_efebb57182.jpgUnbenannt by N2 KAr, auf Flickr

52958340268_f0d9b2ed99.jpgSeat by N2 KAr, auf Flickr

Building-Log 7

Hello All,

For the Monocoque, there was not so much left, right hand side was to be finished.

Adaptions:

- cut 5c32 Hose Rigid 3mm for 2x 5L for Step B99

- use 2x 41677 Technic Beam 1 x 2 Thin at B224 & B248 (Cads part not exists in Lego)

- use directly panel 64683 & 64391 at steps B232 & B256 instead of 71708 Technic Beam 2 x 3 L-Shape  - dont get confused due to Cadas Panel variation

Building - Monocoque | Finished

52958047789_482ac44bf8.jpgMonocoque_11 by N2 KAr, auf Flickr

52958283295_8fa228afa2.jpgMonocoque_12 by N2 KAr, auf Flickr

52957302802_a151e791d2.jpgMonocoque_13 by N2 KAr, auf Flickr

1 hour ago, n2kar_jw said:

use 8x red 32828 Plate Round 1 x 1

(...)

65578 Bar, Angled with Stud on End is only available in transparent for Lego puristS

Both those part usages were my idea, happy to see they got incorporated! :excited:

[[insert sound of triumphant chest-beating]]