Jim

[TC24] Space Police Contest - Information Topic

2 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

So, where are all of you? :classic:

Working on it. Doing photos and a video now. 

Phew, thanks for the reminder! I've been putting off putting mine in the entry topic, but I guess I'd better get it up now!

I will leave the entry topic open for a couple of days more.

Sorry I can not finish mine. Time is too absent for me since the end of January. I was enjoying it but will have to build a space ship another time 😕

50 minutes ago, MangaNOID said:

Sorry I can not finish mine. Time is too absent for me since the end of January. I was enjoying it but will have to build a space ship another time 😕

Same for me :|

20 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

So, where are all of you? :classic:

Thanks for the heads up, time flies and haven't been able to work on it as much as I'd like.

In any case, I did an entry post :pir-triumph: , I'll see if I can add something to it.

I haven't been building at all for a long while, and couldn't gather the interest to actually finish my entry. I was really excited about it in the beginning but somewhere along the line I lost the enthusiasm towards it, perhaps partly due to the technical difficulties, and partly due to my somewhat busy other life, which makes it hard to get anything demanding done. It's a shame I couldn't finish my entry but can't really help it at this point.

14 minutes ago, Agent 00381 said:

Is the use of homemade stickers allowed?

Please don't quote the entire intro topic, especially not in Russian :tongue:

15 minutes ago, Agent 00381 said:

No home made stickers. I will add that to future contest. This will give you an unfair advantage.

26 minutes ago, Jim said:

No home made stickers. I will add that to future contest. This will give you an unfair advantage.

Wait, I thought that was normally allowed! In the current entries, @Berthil and I have both used some custom stickers. Mine aren't particularly important to the model, but the whole model has been taken apart, so there's no opportunity for me to take new pictures without them.

Do you think this is alright, given that it wasn't especially clear?

2 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Wait, I thought that was normally allowed! In the current entries, @Berthil and I have both used some custom stickers. Mine aren't particularly important to the model, but the whole model has been taken apart, so there's no opportunity for me to take new pictures without them.

Do you think this is alright, given that it wasn't especially clear?

I wasn't really sure. If people already used custom stickers, they are allowed. Not fair to disallow them at this point. Sorry for the confusion.

47 minutes ago, Agent 00381 said:

You can use them for this contest.

Since TLG uses tons of stickers (especially on Technic models) and disallow wasn't mentioned, I assumed it was allowed. Mine are also not so important for the model but I also have taken it apart as the whole setup with elevation rig took up a lot of space. Sorry for that.

Edited by Berthil
typos

No worries. Let’s not make a big deal about it.

And maybe we should keep allowing them in future contests.

11 hours ago, Jim said:

I wasn't really sure. If people already used custom stickers, they are allowed. Not fair to disallow them at this point. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok, thank you!

On 3/27/2023 at 9:57 AM, Jim said:

I will leave the entry topic open for a couple of days more.

Can I have until Saturday to finish my Thunderbird? There are still some rough edges and a clear deadline helps :)

Sure. Let’s close next Monday.

I will close the contest tomorrow.

I have closed the entry topic. Voting will begin shortly.

I might be a bit stupid, with this question. (And I'm okay with that), but how do I know if I have the required 50 posts? And does those posts mean started threads or topics, or does it include replies and what not ? 

And thanks for any help or direction. 

1 minute ago, 2ndgen said:

I might be a bit stupid, with this question. (And I'm okay with that), but how do I know if I have the required 50 posts? And does those posts mean started threads or topics, or does it include replies and what not ? 

And thanks for any help or direction. 

Your post count is visible on the left, below your profile picture with some other information. As of typing this, you have 61 posts, so you're eligible for voting.

8 hours ago, howitzer said:

Your post count is visible on the left, below your profile picture with some other information. As of typing this, you have 61 posts, so you're eligible for voting.

Oh cool. Okay thanks. 

Contest voting on EB could definitely be a subject of sociocultural study...
The votes being public, I'm always amazed to see how criteria are chosen; how creativity, build quality, features, photography, model size, builder's track record, etc. get weighted.