Sign in to follow this  
Bricksbypidy

[COR-FB] Primary School, Queenston

Peter Nash (architect) just arrived at Queenston. After a stormy journey by sea he sets foot on land. He breathed the salty sea air and and began his exploration of the city. "This is a great place to stay!" he thought. The city was colorful and lively. There was plenty to see. But after a while he was missing something. There was no place for the youngest inhabitants of the city; he had not yet been able to discover a primary school! "I need to change this!", he thought.   

After a pleasant conversation with the mayor, he started making his first sketches. It was quite difficult to adapt to this unfamiliar architectural style. He took a good look at the existing buildings in the city to finish his final own design. The barracks (by @Ayrlego) in particular were his source of inspiration. "I should thank him for this source of inspiration", he thought. 

After a few months the construction was completed and Peter decided to take a look at the final result. 

BoBS - Primary School

"Wow, this is even better than i expected", he thought. "Nice to see all those happy children playing!"

BoBS - Primary School

Peter looked around and saw some children building a sandcastle...and a redcoat who 'fought' a pirate...

BoBS - Primary School

...some children played football, and two other guys played 'hoops' with old metal barrel hoops by rolling them along the ground like a wheel with a stick. "Magnificent!"

BoBS - Primary SchoolBoBS - Primary School

...and when he looked up at the indoor balcony he knew "it was right". There stood the headmistress enjoying her view. So with a joyful heart of finishing his first task he continued on his way to new challenges. "Maybe I should put my OWN signature on the next one a bit more", he thought. 

---

Dimensions: 82 x 66 studs

Total parts: ~7,700

Oh damn! You just casually led with this? Who are you? Corrington bringing in another ringer here? Hats off to you!

22 minutes ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Peter Nash (architect)

I'm also very up for you always introducing him like this. Every post. Keep it running. See how long it will last. 

What a magnificent introduction- a spectacular build!!

18 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I'm also very up for you always introducing him like this. Every post. Keep it running. See how long it will last. 

I'm now thinking there is another Peter Nash that he really doesn't want to be associated with.

"Nash, Peter Nash, no not him"

If this is how you build and present... you're gonna fit right in with Corrington! Lovely presentation, and the build itself is really well made. I'm a big fan of good figure posing, especially in digital builds, and you nailed it. :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing Peter Nash (architect), and his story develop. If you ever find yourself in Quinnsville, Mayor Brickford will welcome the quality craftsmanship!

Impressive build all around! That's a formidable school building and minifig posing is amazing. I also like the vegetation and the renders with the background :thumbup:

And Peter still carries his drawing with him, almost like it is a running gag already. Love it! :pir_laugh2:

This is a very beautiful diorama! :pir-love:  I like the architecture of the building. I like the green landscape with lots of trees and plants. The children have a very nice place to take a break. Great minifigure selection and placement.

You're sure setting a high bar for yourself! :pir-grin:  Great build, I really like your sunset presentation on the close-ups too!  The red flowers on the vines add a nice splash of color and I love the variety of activities the children are engaging in!

OMFG ! What an intro.

Amazing one !

Errrr... You're a clone of @Ayrlego ? (a multi account perhaps ? I  will have to inquire )

I like that your first build is a school -> very corrish. (the kids play :pir-love: ! Rhaaa lovely ! )

For the build itself, I have nothing to say (perfect, a true masterpiece), so like for @Ayrlego, I will just display a :thumbup:.

great first post, as the others have said, we are very exited for your career on the brick seas.

A great start!

At this point, I guess we can say that COR as a faction has a distinct architectural style.

Wow, special to get so many positive reactions. I am impressed by this warm welcome! Hopefully I can surprise you again next time!

Thank you all!

--

Is it possible to license this building? If so, how can I do that?

Welcome to the game and welcome to Corrington!

This an amazing build and your timing couldn't be better, as Queenston was planing the construction of a school as soon as possible! Now we won't have to for another while, thank you.

You can licence the build via the licencing forms which you can find in the Master Index. However as a new player you don't have the funds to licence such a large build for yourself, but with your permission I would love to licence the property directly to Queenston as we were planning to do with my (currently nonexistent) school. This means the revenue goes directly to Queenston's coffers which will be used to grow the settlement and defend it with forts, ships and guards. 

But you can still make profits with it by registering it as a free build (this you should do for every single moc you make, as it will give you 10dbs each time)

You can also submit the property for task 14 in the Glory of Corrington  thread, this way the Crown will pay you ×2 the licencing fee of the build (essentially you sell the school to Queenston).

As Mayor of Queenston I would be happy to fill out the licencing forms for you. Don't hesitate in contacting me if you have any questions :)

10 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

I would love to licence the property directly to Queenston as we were planning to do with my (currently nonexistent) school.

Hi mayor @Justsomebrix,

I would like to license the school as you suggest. Hereby my permission to place this, as mayor, in Queenston and place the proceeds in the Queenston's coffers.
I have registered the build as a freebuild using the corresponding form.

11 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

You can also submit the property for task 14 in the Glory of Corrington  thread, this way the Crown will pay you ×2 the licencing fee of the build (essentially you sell the school to Queenston).

I would like to register the property for the GoC - task! I will post a link to the appropriate GoC-thread. Is that enough?

Another question about earning money. Do I have to keep track of how much money I've earned, by myself? I already have a 1) first sigfig post (with small moc around it) - 2) freebuild education Queenston - 3) task 14 GoC (large education building)... 

I'll licence the property asap, thank you for your contribution.

1 hour ago, Bricksbypidy said:

I would like to register the property for the GoC - task! I will post a link to the appropriate GoC-thread. Is that enough?

That's correct, posting a link in the appropriate GoC thread is all you have to do.

1 hour ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Another question about earning money. Do I have to keep track of how much money I've earned, by myself? I already have a 1) first sigfig post (with small moc around it) - 2) freebuild education Queenston - 3) task 14 GoC (large education building)... 

There are excel scheets that get updated by Ayrlego every month to keep everyone updated about their profits/investment/ etc

So you won't need to keep track of that yourself, the link to the sheet is posted in the summary account thread :pir-thumb:

14 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

this way the Crown will pay you ×2 the licencing fee of the build

Could you explain this a bit more, please? I can't find this 'rule'...

How much DB's would I make with this? 

Itsm's in task 14, I see you submited it to task 5, but that task dosen't earn you any money. If I were you I would submit it to task 14 which states that the crown will purchase the building for twice the licence value, in your case that will earn you 150dbs!