Aurore

[Minifigs] Hademar's Household (Chronicles of Embervale Digression #3)

My entry to the "Farmstead Figures" category of this year's edition of Brickscalibur - and a handful of hard-working citizens for Avalonia!

---

Hademar Half-Dwarf had lost two fingers and half a leg to war. Yet he deemed himself fortunate, for when peace had come the Baron had granted him several acres of fertile land and a few heads of cattle. 
This enabled him to marry his long-time sweetheart.
They were blessed with five healthy and hard-working daughters. 
And for years their little farm kept thriving nicely.

Until one day an old friend of his, a former brother in arms, showed up at the gates with a frightened young girl. An orphan, he said. A poor little thing he had rescued from brigands. 

They talked about the old times, they talked about their fallen fellows and about the ones who lived, and his comrade soon talked Hademar into welcoming the girl in his household.
And while he welcomed her with warm words and open arms, Hademar felt deep in his heart that this meant trouble for his farm and his family.

52615391275_092584ca55_b.jpg
From left to right: Hersent, Heloïse, Hildegard with baby Hemma, Heilwig, Hademar Half-Dwarf, his old comrade Renart, the orphan girl, and Hermine with her horse Hero.

Edited by Aurore

I absolutely love the figs and am curious if this story is getting a sequal, the one thing that slightly confused me at first was that all the characters including the orphan girl have the same hair colour so I initially assumed they were all related.

what a nice collection of dark orange hair pieces :-). the figs look great, you have some very cool and creative combinations which I've never seen this way before... especially the legs of hademar are remarkable :D

17 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

I absolutely love the figs and am curious if this story is getting a sequal, the one thing that slightly confused me at first was that all the characters including the orphan girl have the same hair colour so I initially assumed they were all related.

Thank you very much! I do plan to integrate a follow-up of the story within my main Embervale storyline.
And concerning the fact that the orphan is a redhead as well...it's all part of the plot...  :devil_laugh:

12 hours ago, Simon_S said:

what a nice collection of dark orange hair pieces :-). the figs look great, you have some very cool and creative combinations which I've never seen this way before... especially the legs of hademar are remarkable :D

Thank you so much! I have to admit I was rather surprised by the variety of available female ginger hairstyles. 

I love how all of these... even the one not related... are redheads :laugh:  It really does give them all a cohesive look.  The half-leg is a really intriguing idea, works very well.  Not sure I could bring myself to tear apart a pair of short legs though.  And oh, what a nice way to present them, all in one shot... I photographed all mine separately and am now editing them and I am sick of it.  Wise choice. :tongue:

Lovely figures all around! I love how you depicted Hademar's "half leg". The orphan girl also reminds me that I need to BrickLink those new Friends hair pieces - so much potential with those new molds!

That ending has me intrigued - I can't wait to see where this story goes!

@Kai NRG Thank you! It's quite amazing how many readhead options there are for minifigs...and not only thanks to the HP Weasleys'! 

@socalbricks Thank you so much! Their story will be integrated in my main Embervale storyline, but in a few episodes only. I've had some kind of writer's block lately, and now I have many ideas but not enough time to build! :laugh:

The ginger hair theme is great. Love it paired with the browns. The old brown forestman hat works well here too.  Matching the patchwork bag with the patchwork pants is genius! I like how you match accent colors, too, like the dark brown sleeves and skirt highlights.  The gimpy leg and crutch are great!  I like the foreboding of the short story too. Amazing minifig work, as usual!