Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

Lurker's Bay

On 1/22/2023 at 1:40 AM, Ross Fisher said:

We've let that slip for a while now. No-one is in a leadership position who can take responsibility for the ranks anymore :pir-bawling:

Hoping now that @CapOnBOBS is back posting builds that means there is a return of leadership!

On 1/21/2023 at 9:13 AM, TribunM said:

I really like the flair of Oleon with it's binding to the state/ king and its emodiement, e.g. in the rank system. They seem to have an abundance of players.

@TribunM gets it! I have found the dynamics of the absolute monarchy to be really fun in coloring my own contributions. While Oleon has some awesome, creative, and active players today, we are actually the scrapy underdog compared to Corrington and Eslandola. Obviously we are eager to recruit and no start is too small to help the brave blue coats check the red menace. 

The theme of an absolute state (strong central govt) has played well for us to institute a bunch of team internal mechanics that can jumpstart a new player. We have an active military campaign, two trade companies to participate in, and rank and titles of a couple varieties. Lots of places to jump in and start building a story. Of course the other factions offer cheap imitations of all those same things.... just kidding... but not really...

Final thought: I was intimidated starting out two years ago, and realized very quickly that what EVERYONE'S real motivation is to enjoy building together. No matter the faction or story you want to create, the direction you want to go, everyone works together to help you do it.(Oleon is best though)

7 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

We have an active military campaign, two trade companies to participate in, and rank and titles of a couple varieties. Lots of places to jump in and start building a story. 

Let's not forget the religious juggernaut at the heart of everything with a military arm and a fierce hatred of heretics!

18 minutes ago, TribunM said:

There is no easy way into this, is it

I've often thought players should be allowed to just launch a ship, build a revenue stream, maybe get a letter of marque. Test the waters, if you will (pun intended), and only then declare for a specific nation. It would probably be a lot harder to manage that, though. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

I started in BoBS about a year ago after my own fair share of lurking. I have rarely encountered a warmer or more supportive hobby group on the web. The faction's all have their own pm chats, so most of the voluminous support for new players is hidden in those chats but the people here are on the spot with answers for newbies.

As to part count concerns, well I've been making my diminished collection work for me just fine here; 

_IMG_000000_000000

Also, having just been through it, feel free to use my brain as a directory  and PM me with any questions! I don't have all the answers but I know where they are😂

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

This seems an appropriate place to mention an issue we are having in Oleon. @Alexander Duvall. Idk why that isn't proccing. Who still need admittance to Oleon's faction thread.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs