Reli

[MOC] Lego Fast and Furious Tokyo drift Mazda rx7 Fortune

This is my recreation of Han's Mazda rx7 from FaF3. This is my frist car moc and I think some of solutions I came up with coul'd be better but I'm very happy with how it tured out. Unfortunately it doesn't have interior yet but I will work on that in the future. Hope you like it.

Renders are here beacuse of large file sizes: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sz18l2lgedxnt/Photos

After looking at the real car, I think you captured the recognizable shapes.

I think the hood area could stand to look more bulbous, at least the spot over the tires.

Not sure how the lights are attached but they look cool.

Maybe flatten the curve in the rear by using these bits instead

DzXixRG.jpg

17 hours ago, Henchmen4Hire said:

After looking at the real car, I think you captured the recognizable shapes.

I think the hood area could stand to look more bulbous, at least the spot over the tires.

Not sure how the lights are attached but they look cool.

Maybe flatten the curve in the rear by using these bits instead

DzXixRG.jpg

The lights are attached with this really simple hinge.

Thanks for the tip on the rear. It looks a bit more acurate.

Front lights-min.PNG

5 hours ago, Reli said:

The lights are attached with this really simple hinge.

If that's how you attached the lights I don't think it would work in an actual physical build—the front section of that 2x1 bow with the cut corner doesn't actually have clutch in the front for the 2x2 wedges to be attached by only that part.

Edited by Lyichir

16 hours ago, Lyichir said:

If that's how you attached the lights I don't think it would work in an actual physical build—the front section of that 2x1 bow with the cut corner doesn't actually have clutch in the front for the 2x2 wedges to be attached by only that part.

Yeah I noticed that too. I was thinking about solutions like flatening the hood wich woul'd be kind of more acurate too but i think you could also squeze it in there. But I'm not a big fun of doing that.

8 hours ago, Reli said:

Yeah I noticed that too. I was thinking about solutions like flatening the hood wich woul'd be kind of more acurate too but i think you could also squeze it in there. But I'm not a big fun of doing that.

You could simply replace the 1x1 slope and corner tile with a 1x2 curved slope, but then you would need a little piece of black tape or something to get the rounded corner again.

So frustrating when you get a really nice shape and then have to rework it haha

Personally I'd just use a dot of white glue and call it a day, but I'm a monster like that.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire