Sign in to follow this  
mihao

[MOC] 1:8 Lamborghini Huracan V2

I recently created the topic below, and got many good advices and suggestions for improvement. 

After hard working for many days, here is the V2 version, and I'd like to share with you guys.

1280x720.JPG

1280x720.JPG

1280x960.JPG

1280x960.JPG

1280x720.JPG

1280x720.JPG

1280x960.JPG

1280x960.JPG

I built it in red this time, so you can see more details from the pictures. (Used black last time, and it doesn't seem to be a good choice.)

Just to clarify, the model I am trying to replicate is the one below, Lamborghini Huracan 2017

content.homenetiol.com_2001243_2130496_0

Ok, now I am open to criticism. :head_back: Thank you!

Edited by mihao

No criticism from my side, correct improvement! Congrats, you nailed it!

The side view is absolutely splendid! I would think you should use Lox's Huracan solution for the headlights,  as it seems to be the most faithful one to the real car. 

To be fair, the front is not up to the standard of the rest on the build, mainly the headlights and the front intakes. I believe you can do even better.

Overall, even with the mentioned critiques, it is a cool car and good  representation in lego 👍

I like the improvment you made the huracan is definitly more recognizable here. However i find disturbing the fact that the wheels are a bit too much offset compared to the bodywork. I don't know if you get what i am trying to say. The wheels do not match the width of the bodywork.

Still a great job though. Would be cool to see picture of the inner frame.

Nice! I like this one a lot more than your V1. But I still see areas that could be better.

I'm still not sure on the rear, particularly the diffuser which is too bulky. The tail lights would also look better if they were on the same line (angle) as those #1 and #2 panels above them.
Maybe it's possible to close off the gap just above the rear wheel arches using a 2x3 elliptical liftarm in red in between the #3/#4 panel and #1 and #2 panel.
I agree with @Alex Ilea that the area around the headlights is a bit cluttered.
I also think the front end slopes down maybe a stud too much.

Very minor complaint, but as far as I know the Huracan has no special doors. But it looks cooler so I don't really care.  

All in all a really nice looking MOC. I am definitely considering building this, but that might be late(r) this year with my current backlog :grin: 

Edited by LvdH

12 hours ago, Aleh said:

No criticism from my side, correct improvement! Congrats, you nailed it!

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Celeri said:

Definitely magnificent! 👍

Thanks!

11 hours ago, emielroumen said:

Looking sharp!

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Alex Ilea said:

The side view is absolutely splendid! I would think you should use Lox's Huracan solution for the headlights,  as it seems to be the most faithful one to the real car. 

To be fair, the front is not up to the standard of the rest on the build, mainly the headlights and the front intakes. I believe you can do even better.

Overall, even with the mentioned critiques, it is a cool car and good  representation in lego 👍

Thank you for the comments. Agree with you that the front intake and the headlights can be improved. Lox's Huracan is good, it is just that I don't quite like to use soft axles to shape the body, (nothing wrong with soft axle, just personal preference.) Let me see if there is another way out.

1 hour ago, sebulba56 said:

I like the improvment you made the huracan is definitly more recognizable here. However i find disturbing the fact that the wheels are a bit too much offset compared to the bodywork. I don't know if you get what i am trying to say. The wheels do not match the width of the bodywork.

Still a great job though. Would be cool to see picture of the inner frame.

Yes, I totally understand. You are right about the offset.

Actually, I was struggling with this during designing. The thing is, it is hard (if not impossible) to get a perfect combination of suspension, wheel width and rotation clearance (for the front wheel) at the same time. Sacrificing the wheel width seem to be the optimal approach. If extruding the wheel arm .5 stud, it will be perfectly matching with the body width, but 1) the wheel arm will be super chunky and not sturdy (by combining many smaller parts) 2) as the wheels get closer to the fender, it is much easier for the tire to hit the fender when rotating or being pushed. So in the end, I decided to live with it. :(

I'll take some pictures for the inner frame next time when I dismantle it.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

Nice! I like this one a lot more than your V1. But I still see areas that could be better.

I'm still not sure on the rear, particularly the diffuser which is too bulky. The tail lights would also look better if they were on the same line (angle) as those #1 and #2 panels above them.
Maybe it's possible to close off the gap just above the rear wheel arches using a 2x3 elliptical liftarm in red in between the #3/#4 panel and #1 and #2 panel.
I agree with @Alex Ilea that the area around the headlights is a bit cluttered.
I also think the front end slopes down maybe a stud too much.

Very minor complaint, but as far as I know the Huracan has no special doors. But it looks cooler so I don't really care.  

All in all a really nice looking MOC. I am definitely considering building this, but that might be late(r) this year with my current backlog :grin: 

Thank you for your comments! For the tail light, there is no space to move it up further due to the connection hole of the panels, as below. I tried to use a larger panel to avoid the connection hole, but it doesn't fit. Building with LEGO is all about compromise, isn't it?

800x528.png

Believe it or not, I did try the 2x3 elliptical when designing the area above the rear wheel arch, but the #3/#4 collides as below, although in the real build, it doesn't really matter, but I didn't do it eventually to keep whole MOC "legal". :)

800x614.png

Now, let me see how I can improve the front and report back later. For the scissor doors, I'll keep them no matter what. That's what Lamborghini supposes to have.

Well done for taking all the feedback on board and looking at improving the model, this version indeed looks much nicer.

Overall I think the lines and shape look pretty good. The only exception is the rear sticking out to much when looking at it from the side view. Although reducing that to look more like the original could be quite difficult as you won’t have nearly as much space to work with... I don’t think it’s an ugly looking model as it though. 

The biggest problem for me though is the bodywork sticking out past the wheels. That doesn’t look right at all.

Apart from that some minor details like the headlights, gaps in the top of the door and side mirrors could be improved. Take T-legos centenario mirrors as a nice looking example, just because LEGO uses small panel doesn’t mean we have to.

Also maybe next time just post this in the original thread? I don’t think one needs a new post every time one updates a model. It makes it easier for everyone to follow along the journey so to speak. 

On 1/6/2023 at 1:22 PM, langko said:

Well done for taking all the feedback on board and looking at improving the model, this version indeed looks much nicer.

Overall I think the lines and shape look pretty good. The only exception is the rear sticking out to much when looking at it from the side view. Although reducing that to look more like the original could be quite difficult as you won’t have nearly as much space to work with... I don’t think it’s an ugly looking model as it though. 

The biggest problem for me though is the bodywork sticking out past the wheels. That doesn’t look right at all.

Apart from that some minor details like the headlights, gaps in the top of the door and side mirrors could be improved. Take T-legos centenario mirrors as a nice looking example, just because LEGO uses small panel doesn’t mean we have to.

Also maybe next time just post this in the original thread? I don’t think one needs a new post every time one updates a model. It makes it easier for everyone to follow along the journey so to speak. 

Thank for your comments!

For rear issue you mentioned, I took some deeper look. The red part does have the correct length from the side view (6 stud), the reason it looks sticking out is because the black part above it. I can try to extrude the black part further out to make the red part not as outstanding as this.

800x284.png

For the biggest problem you mentioned, I am still looking for solution, it seems to be hard at the moment if I want to keep the wheel arm simple and sturdy. But I notice that some Lamborghini car does have the wheel inward a bit to the body like the one below. Hope someone with more car knowledge can help to explain a bit here.

IMG_65940-large.jpg

About the mirror, I did copy what LEGO does for its supercars, I think that it is not a bad choice as a matter of fact, though I'll try some other option as you suggested there. For any further update I will stick to this topic, no plan to create a V3 anyway.