Mandalorianknight

Rogue One MOC Wave.

First off, this was supposed to include a Zeta Shuttle (Sorry, @ForgedInLego, maybe once I get back to college I'll find the motivation) and release on the 16th of December, but my motivation absolutely tanked after I finished my finals and throughout winter break I made no progress. I've decided to just release the wave now instead of continuing to fail to design said shuttle.

Small GWP: Death Star Plans: 115 pieces

GWP%20Death%20Star%20Plans.png

I dunno, I like it.

Large GWP: Yavin IV: 284 pieces (Suggested by @TeddytheSpoon)

GWP%20Yavin%20Diorama.png

A combination of the exclusive figs and the diorama sets. The temple isn't perfect, but I like my Y-wing designs. Figure is Mon Mothma.

Microfighter 1: Imperial Tank: 100 pieces

Hovertank%20Micro.png

Not much to say about it, it's a small tx-225 (Not hovering, since they changed it shortly before the film) tank. You'll note some of the helmets are wrong, stud.io has a limited inventory. The figure is meant to be a tank pilot.

Microfighter 2: U-wing: 100 pieces

U-wing%20micro.png

At first it looks similar to the official one, but the chassis is different and the wings are longer, as well as different engines. Figure would be a rebel pilot.

Microfighter Duel Pack: TIE Reaper VS X-wing microfighters: 201 pieces

TIE%20Reaper%20vs%20X-wing%20Micro.png

The X-wing was hard to make different from the official ones, though I think I made some solid changes. I think my TIE Reaper microfighter is nice. Figures are a Death Trooper and Antoc Merrick.

Scarif Rebels Battle Pack: 133 pieces

ScarifRebelBattlePack.png

Alright, so we're starting to get into the meat of the wave. Some of the smaller sets come with pin connections to create different Scarif layouts. The builds here are a crate, a small bit of landing pad, and some ferns with a function to open and unveil an attacking rebel. The fern can be removed from the landing pad bit since it's just attached with pins. Figs are four rebels.

Shoretroopers Battle Pack: 124 pieces

ScarifImperialBattlePack.png

Another part of the scarif layout. Here we've got another bit of landing pad, a palm tree, and an E-web, alongside 2 shoretroopers, a shoretrooper squad leader, and a stormtrooper.

Scarif Master Switch Battle: 345 pieces: (Suggested by @YourLocalB2)

Scarif%20Master%20Switch%20Attack.png

Scarif%20Master%20Switch%20Attack_2.png

The final part of the scarif layout. The build isn't the most exciting, but with the action features (exploding switch, trooper being "shot"), and the places for the troops to lie in cover, I think it'd be solid. Figs are a stormtrooper, death trooper, Colonel Tonc, and Chirrut Imwe.

Rebel X-wing 2-in-1: 735 pieces: (Suggested by @Omand)

X-wing%20blue2.png

Oh man, now we're getting into the good ones. This set (Specifically in the blue squadron colors) is my favorite in the wave. I combined elements of the 2021, 2018, and 2012 X-wings to create one that's sized about the same as the 2021 x-wing and contains an s-foil feature, but without that horrific function of the 2021 one where the entire back fuselage just crunches when it's in attack position. (the set would use rubber bands). Figs are Antoc Merrick, General Draven, Saw Guerrera, and Benthic Two-Tubes.

XwingBlack2.png

And it's a two-in-one, containing parts to build it into a partisan X-wing. Not as big of a fan of this color scheme but this was built only a few weeks after Andor and people seemed to love that partisan x-wing cameo.

X-wingBlue.png

Man I do love those blue squadron colors.

XwingBlack.png

The partisan skin should have been an x-wing skin for squadrons. Actually, it probably was, and I just forgot because the game was so bland.

Imperial Assault Tank: 800 pieces

Tank1.png

It's definately different than the 2016 one... the tank (and crates) alone clocks in at almost double the part count of that set, and is significantly larger and more detailed. 

Tank2.png

The set can fit the canon crew of three, and features spring shooters on the bottom activated by pressing the 2x2 tile on the roof of the tank.

Tank3.png

Not very interesting below the crates, but here it is.

TankL.png

Some Jedha area with an explode feature on the first floor of the building, as well as showing off the kyber crystal inside the crate.

TankL2.png

Figures are three hovertank crew, a Jedha stormtrooper with backpack, and three disguised partisans (one with a thermal detonator)

...I'm just realizing this is basically "guerrilla tactics: Ages 6-12" and we would not get this as a set, at least not with partisans. But hey, it's my list. I can do what I want.

TIE Reaper: 848 pieces

TIE%20Reaper.png

Another one I'm pretty happy with. (ignore the failed clips on the wings, they never attach right when I do this in stud.io but generally work IRL). You can see the spring shooters launching from the sides of the ship.

TIE%20Reaper3.png

Of course, what's a Reaper without it's troop capacity? The set comfortably holds 10 death troopers, but can probably hold more if you really pack em in.

TIE%20Reaper4.png

The design of the ship means you can't really put in the cockpit at the front at this size, so I moved it to the back. The two TIE pilots have a moniter in front of them that would ideally have a printed tile showing a view from the Reaper's front sensors.

TIE%20Reaper2.png

Ramp open. The TIE Reaper kinda looks hungry.

TIE%20ReaperL.png

The set would come with 4 death troopers, 2 TIE pilots, Baze Malbus, and Melshi.

U-wing starfighter: 901 pieces

U-wing1.png

I really tried to get two pilot sitting side-by-side, but it just doesn't work with a 4-wide cockpit, and the larger cockpits are hilariously oversized, so they sit sort of diagonal like in the lambda set from 2015.

U-Wing3.png

Here it is wings open, with Bistan firing the pintle-mounted turret.

U-wingC.png

Here you can see the cockpit, ladder, and trooper hold. Only 4 seats, but you can fit more figures in front of and behind the seating area.

U-wingL.png

The set would come with 2 rebel pilots, Bistan, Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Bodhi Rook, and K-2SO

Eadu Confrontation Diorama: 555 pieces: (Suggested by @TeddytheSpoon and @YourLocalB2)

Eadu%20Diorama.png

Qoute is "Farming, Really? Man of your talents?" -Director Orson Krennic. There's not a ton to the scene, but I think I captured the dreariness of Eadu well. Figs are 4 death troopers, Krennic (with cap) and Galen.

Vader's Rage Diorama: 641 pieces

Vader%20Hallway%20Diorama.png

(Not sure why this image is so small, sorry). Qoute is "TAKE IT!!!" -Rebel Trooper. Not much to say about this one. Neck brackets allow for Vader's victims to be put in some painful poses, and there's a sliding door to allow the troopers to "TAKE IT!!!"

Vader%20Hallway%20Diorama_2.png

Had to have some fun with the empty space at the back. Just a little easter egg.

Also-and feel free to skip this part, here's my plan for 1hy 2023 (In spoiler for space):

Spoiler

Early February: The Brick Knight returns wave 2, Rogue One wave DLC (Hammerhead corvette diorama and maybe the Zeta Shuttle. I will try.)

Late February/early March: Megatron!  A companion to the Optimus Prime set that should be able to transform into the iconic walther p38. (Side note: The fact that megatron's G1 transformation was... a pistol-sized pistol... it's just the funniest thing to me. Like, the leader of the villains needs to be held and fired by his second-in-command when he transforms. I love it.)

Late March-Early May: I'm not sure. I'm thinking either a bad batch wave or an "icons" wave featuring the sigils of each franchise and some of their iconic vehicles.

Summer 2023: YOUR Wishlist MOC Wave 3.

Also also, and I hate to plug this, but I have started selling instructions (Ironically, my first sale was instructions for the Daredevil modular building I posted here awhile back that wasn't very popular on Eurobricks). If anything from this wave happens to jump out at you (which I don't believe will happen, some of those smaller sets especially are pretty weak IMO) let me know and we can negotiate a price. 

Anyways, thanks for listening to me ramble for almost an entire forum page, Let me know what you thought of the wave! Personally, I thought my microfighters and some of the other smaller sets were pretty weak this time, but I really liked my larger starfighters and the tank.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Cool stuff!  I've really wanted a set similar to the Hovertank set you made for a while now (with a section of Jedha City).  I also like how the U-Wing has the ladder to connect the cockpit to the troop bay area.  I have the official version, and while I love the set, I have to say that's one thing I wish they'd manage to incorporate.

21 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Cool stuff!  I've really wanted a set similar to the Hovertank set you made for a while now (with a section of Jedha City).  I also like how the U-Wing has the ladder to connect the cockpit to the troop bay area.  I have the official version, and while I love the set, I have to say that's one thing I wish they'd manage to incorporate.

Thanks! I've wanted a Hovertank set like that forever as well, I remember my friends and I talked about how we wished the 2016 one had a section of the city when it came out over 6 years ago.

I'm glad that the ladder detail is being enjoyed. I have the official version too, and it looks great from the exterior, but doesn't work very well as a troop transport IMO.

16 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Nice work, as always! I like the idea of a modular Scarif across different sets.

Thanks! I don't think I executed it perfectly, but I think in concept it's the ideal way to make scarif terrain sets interesting to kids.

8 hours ago, YourLocalB2 said:

I like the way these turned out. Really want LEGO to make a TIE Reaper. 

Thank you! It's definately something they need to make. The TIE line makes it visually recognizable enough, the death troopers would be a huge draw for kids, and the troop transport archtype is one of the most fun vehicle types they put out. 

5 hours ago, eric_son_of_joseph said:

Impressive designs!  I really like your GWPs and TIE Reaper.

Thank you! The Reaper is definately a wave highlight, and I think these GWPs are a design improvement over my last wave's.

Nice series of designs. The title was a little disappointing though. I thought I'd be seeing a MOC of the colossal wave bearing down upon the heroes at the end of the movie. That partisan X-Wing scheme looks great to me, even if you aren't a fan. The Yavin IV GWP is spot on.

Brilliant series of MOCs @Mandalorianknight! Really nice work all around, the geometry of the TIE Reaper looks so satisfying. Also appreciate how you’ve approached the wing mechanism for the X-Wings.

If Lego do ever revisit Rogue One, a Partisan / Cavern Angels X-Wing with Saw and Two-Tubes would be awesome. Hell, throw Luthen in there and it can even work as an Andor tie-in.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:40 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Nice series of designs. The title was a little disappointing though. I thought I'd be seeing a MOC of the colossal wave bearing down upon the heroes at the end of the movie. That partisan X-Wing scheme looks great to me, even if you aren't a fan. The Yavin IV GWP is spot on.

Hahaha, I wish.

Thanks. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the partisan color scheme, I just prefer the blue squadron. (Well, I prefer classic red, but out of the two I made..)

7 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Brilliant series of MOCs @Mandalorianknight! Really nice work all around, the geometry of the TIE Reaper looks so satisfying. Also appreciate how you’ve approached the wing mechanism for the X-Wings.

If Lego do ever revisit Rogue One, a Partisan / Cavern Angels X-Wing with Saw and Two-Tubes would be awesome. Hell, throw Luthen in there and it can even work as an Andor tie-in.

Thank you! The Reaper is a favorite of mine as well.

Aw man, I totally should have put Luthen in it. 

6 hours ago, Omand said:

Love these ideas.  Thanks for using one of my suggestions.

Cheers :)

No problem, I always love the suggestions. Coming up with what to make is one of the harder parts of making these (except for consistently failing to make the largest set of the wave. I think my community wishlist ones are the only ones I've done the biggest set for), so I always like to get ideas from people.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I missed this when you first posted it. But yeah it's another great wave, my favourites are the U-Wing and Tie reaper. Glad to see more of your wishlist waves.

On 1/13/2023 at 12:59 PM, Agent Kallus said:

I missed this when you first posted it. But yeah it's another great wave, my favourites are the U-Wing and Tie reaper. Glad to see more of your wishlist waves.

Thanks, those are my favorites too! Here's my (slightly updated) planned schedule for 1hy 2023:

Late January: The Brick Knight returns wave 2

Early February: Rogue One wave DLC: Hammerhead corvette diorama, The Legend of the Bionicle sets (Sets for Takanuva and the rest of the Toa Mata in the style of the 2023 GWP.)

Late February/early March: Megatron!  A companion to the Optimus Prime set that should be able to transform into the iconic walther p38. (Side note: The fact that megatron's G1 transformation was... a pistol-sized pistol... it's just the funniest thing to me. Like, the leader of the villains needs to be held and fired by his second-in-command when he transforms. I love it.)

Late March-Early May: I'm not sure. I'm thinking either a bad batch wave or an "icons" wave featuring the sigils of each franchise and some of their iconic vehicles.

Nothing will ever beat the 1999 X-wing for me, in part because of the smaller scale. The 2021 version had the scale right but almost everything else was just off. What I'm trying to say is, I like your version more than almost any X-wing TLG has released. Great job!

1 hour ago, Nevermorethan12 said:

Signed up so I could contact you and I still can’t contact you. If you could message me, I would love to get your ship plans! Thanks!

Welcome to Eurobricks! I'll send you a PM that you can respond to. Love the username, by the way.

1 hour ago, Big_Daddy said:

Nothing will ever beat the 1999 X-wing for me, in part because of the smaller scale. The 2021 version had the scale right but almost everything else was just off. What I'm trying to say is, I like your version more than almost any X-wing TLG has released. Great job!

High praise indeed. I have to agree that the larger scale is an issue with a lot of the official x-wings.

7 hours ago, Brickshipyard said:

I love the Taintive IV hallway fight! Super dynamic and it captures the Rebel trooper's fear and domination by Vader quite accurately.

Thank you! I honestly was a little worried people would find it underwhelming. I'm glad you like it!

A small update on future plans: 1: X-wing instructions should be out later today, and Reaper instructions should be out later this week/next week (hopefully). On the other hand, after building the optimus prime set I'm really motivated to build more transformers in that scale, so unless someone was looking forewards to the Hammerhead corvette scene diorama I'll be putting that on the backburner.

On 1/5/2023 at 12:12 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

First off, this was supposed to include a Zeta Shuttle (Sorry, @ForgedInLego, maybe once I get back to college I'll find the motivation) and release on the 16th of December, but my motivation absolutely tanked after I finished my finals and throughout winter break I made no progress. I've decided to just release the wave now instead of continuing to fail to design said shuttle.

Small GWP: Death Star Plans: 115 pieces

GWP%20Death%20Star%20Plans.png

I dunno, I like it.

Large GWP: Yavin IV: 284 pieces (Suggested by @TeddytheSpoon)

GWP%20Yavin%20Diorama.png

A combination of the exclusive figs and the diorama sets. The temple isn't perfect, but I like my Y-wing designs. Figure is Mon Mothma.

Microfighter 1: Imperial Tank: 100 pieces

Hovertank%20Micro.png

Not much to say about it, it's a small tx-225 (Not hovering, since they changed it shortly before the film) tank. You'll note some of the helmets are wrong, stud.io has a limited inventory. The figure is meant to be a tank pilot.

Microfighter 2: U-wing: 100 pieces

U-wing%20micro.png

At first it looks similar to the official one, but the chassis is different and the wings are longer, as well as different engines. Figure would be a rebel pilot.

Microfighter Duel Pack: TIE Reaper VS X-wing microfighters: 201 pieces

TIE%20Reaper%20vs%20X-wing%20Micro.png

The X-wing was hard to make different from the official ones, though I think I made some solid changes. I think my TIE Reaper microfighter is nice. Figures are a Death Trooper and Antoc Merrick.

Scarif Rebels Battle Pack: 133 pieces

ScarifRebelBattlePack.png

Alright, so we're starting to get into the meat of the wave. Some of the smaller sets come with pin connections to create different Scarif layouts. The builds here are a crate, a small bit of landing pad, and some ferns with a function to open and unveil an attacking rebel. The fern can be removed from the landing pad bit since it's just attached with pins. Figs are four rebels.

Shoretroopers Battle Pack: 124 pieces

ScarifImperialBattlePack.png

Another part of the scarif layout. Here we've got another bit of landing pad, a palm tree, and an E-web, alongside 2 shoretroopers, a shoretrooper squad leader, and a stormtrooper.

Scarif Master Switch Battle: 345 pieces: (Suggested by @YourLocalB2)

Scarif%20Master%20Switch%20Attack.png

Scarif%20Master%20Switch%20Attack_2.png

The final part of the scarif layout. The build isn't the most exciting, but with the action features (exploding switch, trooper being "shot"), and the places for the troops to lie in cover, I think it'd be solid. Figs are a stormtrooper, death trooper, Colonel Tonc, and Chirrut Imwe.

Rebel X-wing 2-in-1: 735 pieces: (Suggested by @Omand)

X-wing%20blue2.png

Oh man, now we're getting into the good ones. This set (Specifically in the blue squadron colors) is my favorite in the wave. I combined elements of the 2021, 2018, and 2012 X-wings to create one that's sized about the same as the 2021 x-wing and contains an s-foil feature, but without that horrific function of the 2021 one where the entire back fuselage just crunches when it's in attack position. (the set would use rubber bands). Figs are Antoc Merrick, General Draven, Saw Guerrera, and Benthic Two-Tubes.

XwingBlack2.png

And it's a two-in-one, containing parts to build it into a partisan X-wing. Not as big of a fan of this color scheme but this was built only a few weeks after Andor and people seemed to love that partisan x-wing cameo.

X-wingBlue.png

Man I do love those blue squadron colors.

XwingBlack.png

The partisan skin should have been an x-wing skin for squadrons. Actually, it probably was, and I just forgot because the game was so bland.

Imperial Assault Tank: 800 pieces

Tank1.png

It's definately different than the 2016 one... the tank (and crates) alone clocks in at almost double the part count of that set, and is significantly larger and more detailed. 

Tank2.png

The set can fit the canon crew of three, and features spring shooters on the bottom activated by pressing the 2x2 tile on the roof of the tank.

Tank3.png

Not very interesting below the crates, but here it is.

TankL.png

Some Jedha area with an explode feature on the first floor of the building, as well as showing off the kyber crystal inside the crate.

TankL2.png

Figures are three hovertank crew, a Jedha stormtrooper with backpack, and three disguised partisans (one with a thermal detonator)

...I'm just realizing this is basically "guerrilla tactics: Ages 6-12" and we would not get this as a set, at least not with partisans. But hey, it's my list. I can do what I want.

TIE Reaper: 848 pieces

TIE%20Reaper.png

Another one I'm pretty happy with. (ignore the failed clips on the wings, they never attach right when I do this in stud.io but generally work IRL). You can see the spring shooters launching from the sides of the ship.

TIE%20Reaper3.png

Of course, what's a Reaper without it's troop capacity? The set comfortably holds 10 death troopers, but can probably hold more if you really pack em in.

TIE%20Reaper4.png

The design of the ship means you can't really put in the cockpit at the front at this size, so I moved it to the back. The two TIE pilots have a moniter in front of them that would ideally have a printed tile showing a view from the Reaper's front sensors.

TIE%20Reaper2.png

Ramp open. The TIE Reaper kinda looks hungry.

TIE%20ReaperL.png

The set would come with 4 death troopers, 2 TIE pilots, Baze Malbus, and Melshi.

U-wing starfighter: 901 pieces

U-wing1.png

I really tried to get two pilot sitting side-by-side, but it just doesn't work with a 4-wide cockpit, and the larger cockpits are hilariously oversized, so they sit sort of diagonal like in the lambda set from 2015.

U-Wing3.png

Here it is wings open, with Bistan firing the pintle-mounted turret.

U-wingC.png

Here you can see the cockpit, ladder, and trooper hold. Only 4 seats, but you can fit more figures in front of and behind the seating area.

U-wingL.png

The set would come with 2 rebel pilots, Bistan, Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Bodhi Rook, and K-2SO

Eadu Confrontation Diorama: 555 pieces: (Suggested by @TeddytheSpoon and @YourLocalB2)

Eadu%20Diorama.png

Qoute is "Farming, Really? Man of your talents?" -Director Orson Krennic. There's not a ton to the scene, but I think I captured the dreariness of Eadu well. Figs are 4 death troopers, Krennic (with cap) and Galen.

Vader's Rage Diorama: 641 pieces

Vader%20Hallway%20Diorama.png

(Not sure why this image is so small, sorry). Qoute is "TAKE IT!!!" -Rebel Trooper. Not much to say about this one. Neck brackets allow for Vader's victims to be put in some painful poses, and there's a sliding door to allow the troopers to "TAKE IT!!!"

Vader%20Hallway%20Diorama_2.png

Had to have some fun with the empty space at the back. Just a little easter egg.

Also-and feel free to skip this part, here's my plan for 1hy 2023 (In spoiler for space):

Reveal hidden contents

Early February: The Brick Knight returns wave 2, Rogue One wave DLC (Hammerhead corvette diorama and maybe the Zeta Shuttle. I will try.)

Also also, and I hate to plug this, but I have started selling instructions (Ironically, my first sale was instructions for the Daredevil modular building I posted here awhile back that wasn't very popular on Eurobricks). If anything from this wave happens to jump out at you (which I don't believe will happen, some of those smaller sets especially are pretty weak IMO) let me know and we can negotiate a price. 

Anyways, thanks for listening to me ramble for almost an entire forum page, Let me know what you thought of the wave! Personally, I thought my microfighters and some of the other smaller sets were pretty weak this time, but I really liked my larger starfighters and the tank.

I really love it, I am saying it from the bottom of my heart. Your work is so neat, I haven't seen lego set like yours before. Amazing.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:24 AM, AdaStephen said:

I really love it, I am saying it from the bottom of my heart. Your work is so neat, I haven't seen lego set like yours before. Amazing.

Thank you, that's very nice. I'm glad you like them.

8 hours ago, Thena said:

Why does an imperial tanker have a welder's mask?

Because the tank driver helmet part isn't in stud.io

On 2/23/2023 at 5:26 PM, ArrowBricks said:

Big fan of the dioramas - great job. 

Thank you!

59 minutes ago, The Stud said:

These are all fantastic, I could definitely see Lego making that Darth Vader diorama.

Thank you! That diorama's got to be coming in some form, the tantive IV hallway is just too iconic to ignore.