LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Jungle Shootout, Seawatch

Jungle Shootout, Seawatch

Following a successful meeting with General Alonzo of the Weelond 2nd Battalion, Major Brickford along with the small detachment of Marines from the 45th Regiment of Foot began to make the short trek back to Corrie Headquarters.

At a bend in the road flanked by a short fence and dense brush, Major Brickford got the feeling of being watched. It was well known the Lotii are masters of stealth and were not pleased by the formation of joint forces of the Seawatch Campaign.

52603050217_711ca1fa2a_b.jpgJungle Shootout 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Not moments later shots began to ring out from within the jungle. It seemed to be an evenly matched fight.

52603797394_36bcbb07dd_b.jpgJungle Shootout 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Quickly dismounting his horse and sending it running towards the Corrie encampment, Major Brickford formed a defensive position with what cover was available and ordered his men to return fire on the Lotii Skirmishers barely visible through the brush.

52603972880_955c3638a4_b.jpgJungle Shootout 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

When shots were heard in the distance at Corrie HQ followed by Major Brickford's horse with no rider, a detachment of the 18th Hussars 'The Lightfoot' quickly mounted up and rushed to aid the pinned down Major and his men.

52603050297_59ef39ae77_b.jpgJungle Shootout 5 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Adept at riding in through the jungle terrain with speed after many months of patrols, the gallant hussars of the 18th charged through a gap in the brush with swords drawn. In the end one Lotii lay dead in the grass and the remaining skirmishers ran at the sight of 'The Lightfoot' charging in.

---------------------------------------

A small firefight between the Corrington Marines and the Lotii. A build to depict some action in the war and to include some of my new parts from AE. Namely the Chinese and British minifigs as well as kneeling legs and Brickarms Perfect Caliber Muskets.

C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Great action scene in the lush green jungle. Good to see our troops are getting used to fighting colonial style and aren't trying to line up and blast the jungle to bits with volley fire!!! The marine sitting down reloading is a really nice detail!  Good to see some action started!

One story related thing, my understanding is that the Royal Marines are not a regiment of foot (which is an army thing), they part of the Royal Navy. In the British example, they had around 50 companies of Marines split into three divisions, Chatham, Plymouth and Portsmouth for service on Royal Navy vessels and establishments and even to garrison colonies (indeed the first British garrison in Australia were Royal Marines). If we follow the British example (which we generally do), styling them as a 'Regiment of Foot' doesn't make a lot of sense, maybe the 45th Company of Marines? Detachments of Marines would definitely fight alongside the army, so it everything makes perfect sense, just the name doesn't fit in my mind... although of course we can call our units anything we want!! Just a thought. 

This is a very nice built ambush scene in the jungle. I like how the path was built through the vegetation. The positioning and movements of the soldiers are well represented.

On 1/4/2023 at 8:52 AM, Fraunces said:

nice fight

Thanks!

On 1/4/2023 at 10:31 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Lovely build. Its great to see the Corries getting stuck in

Thank you! Looking forward to some more battle dioramas with the Seawatch Campaign.

14 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Great action scene in the lush green jungle. Good to see our troops are getting used to fighting colonial style and aren't trying to line up and blast the jungle to bits with volley fire!!! The marine sitting down reloading is a really nice detail!  Good to see some action started!

One story related thing, my understanding is that the Royal Marines are not a regiment of foot (which is an army thing), they part of the Royal Navy. In the British example, they had around 50 companies of Marines split into three divisions, Chatham, Plymouth and Portsmouth for service on Royal Navy vessels and establishments and even to garrison colonies (indeed the first British garrison in Australia were Royal Marines). If we follow the British example (which we generally do), styling them as a 'Regiment of Foot' doesn't make a lot of sense, maybe the 45th Company of Marines? Detachments of Marines would definitely fight alongside the army, so it everything makes perfect sense, just the name doesn't fit in my mind... although of course we can call our units anything we want!! Just a thought. 

Thanks! I'm sure the volley fire will still come later but not during an ambush! :pir-triumph: I tried to pack as much action in a tight area as I could!

I pulled the 45th Regiment of foot info off of this list of British Regiments of Foot. They were first raised during the War of Jenkins' Ear in 1739. Around 1741 they were ranked as 45th Foot or the 2nd Marines. I've also got the 45th listed in the Compendium. However, I do think you are right on the nomenclature. I can very easily adjust them to the 45th Company of Marines which would be better for organizing purposes in our growing ranks! :sweet:

13 hours ago, NOD said:

This is a very nice built ambush scene in the jungle. I like how the path was built through the vegetation. The positioning and movements of the soldiers are well represented.

Thank you! 

Nice action scene! The curved palm tree is an interesting design, does it contain a flexible tube?
The story is interesting too, it's nice seeing the reds back into action!

On 1/7/2023 at 6:28 AM, Keymonus said:

Nice action scene! The curved palm tree is an interesting design, does it contain a flexible tube?
The story is interesting too, it's nice seeing the reds back into action!

Thanks! Yes, the palm tree has one of the large flex tubes in the center.

Looking forward to some more battle scenes as the war heats up on El Oleonda!