For this challenge, I decided to build Amalia and her favorite little brother, my main character Ásgeir Di Cioto, at a scale which we rarely see attempted in LEGO. It was a daunting endeavor, and one not to be entered upon lightly! I hope you like it, although I know it's flawed, and I welcome any advice or criticism :) . 

Ásgeir and Amalia

52605485080_fcc14389b1.jpg

Ásgeir Venerio Di Cioto
The youngest child of a poor gentleman from the wasteland city of Ilesole, Ásgeir is a wild, impetuous boy, thoughtful and keen at times, but far too guided by his own rash impulses and his friends’ bad ways.  Afraid of his father, fond of his sister, and condescending at best to his ailing brother, he is used to defying his father’s laws and bearing the consequences if he must, staying away from the house in spite of all his father has threatened and not daring to come back until is far into the night, hoping to sneak upstairs unnoticed although the darker it grows the angrier his father becomes.  Ásgeir tries to “be good” as his sister entreats of him, but he cannot bear the poor and wretched hovel they live in and often slips unnoticed out from the upper floors where his father rarely comes.  When he stumbles into a secret he never wanted to know, he pushes on with daring curiosity… never dreaming how far he would go for it in the end. 

Amalia Di Cioto
Ásgeir’s only sister and the oldest child of the family, Amalia is a charming and strong-willed daughter and the only one who can stop her father in his wrath.  She has always cared for Ásgeir since their mother died and loves him dearly, striving to bring him up in good ways, and willing to do anything in the world for him.  Because her father dares not call a doctor, who would make them pay the last of all they have, she is left to tend her sick brother Horus almost night and day, while she waits and hopes that Ásgeir will come home safely.  When she loses all of what she holds dearest she is driven to desperation and distrust, and perhaps in the end her own cleverness will be all that can save her heart’s treasure: and her own heart also.

You can follow the Saga from its beginning here.

An epic build in every sense! I won’t take the lords name in vain here since I already fell into that pit of vocabulary on flickr :-) very well done!

14 hours ago, T-86(swe) said:

An epic build in every sense! I won’t take the lords name in vain here since I already fell into that pit of vocabulary on flickr :-) very well done!

Thank you very much mate! I wish I had more time to build for GoH, it's really fun and exciting to build and write together :) . We'll see if I get back into it soon, I appreciate it and look forward to your work!

So impressive!  You pretty much know what I think about all the parts, but have I mentioned the eyebrows yet?  Brilliant!

this is amazing! there are so many nice details. I like the gold buttons. and also the border of the dark brown clothing. very well done :D. of course the faces are also top notch. the eyes look nice and the overall sculping came out very well. congrats on a very nice build :D

Wow, W Navarre, what a beautiful piece of Art you've created! Great! Is it a full scale figure or a torso that you build? I can't figure out from this photo. 👏🏻👍

You don't really get a sense of how big this must be till  you look closely! Its really cool to see something built at this scale, and have it end up looking great! The different angled sections of the chest and the hair stand out as some of the best sections.

On 1/7/2023 at 1:38 AM, Kai NRG said:

So impressive!  You pretty much know what I think about all the parts, but have I mentioned the eyebrows yet?  Brilliant!

Thank you! It took a while to decide what to do there!

On 1/8/2023 at 11:27 PM, Simon_S said:

this is amazing! there are so many nice details. I like the gold buttons. and also the border of the dark brown clothing. very well done :D. of course the faces are also top notch. the eyes look nice and the overall sculping came out very well. congrats on a very nice build :D

Thank you! The eyes were partly the inspiration here, I actually came to regret building this later, because it took so much time! But I'm glad it got finished :) !

On 1/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Truly a masterpiece! :wub:

Yay, thanks for saying that :laugh: !

On 1/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, Vliebricker said:

Wow, W Navarre, what a beautiful piece of Art you've created! Great! Is it a full scale figure or a torso that you build? I can't figure out from this photo. 👏🏻👍

Thank you indeed! Yeah, this is all that was built. With enough pieces I have no doubt the whole figure could be done, although there would be some challenges for sure regarding stability. But if I try this again, I suspect I would try for a smaller scale.

On 3/23/2023 at 9:28 PM, LordDan said:

You don't really get a sense of how big this must be till  you look closely! Its really cool to see something built at this scale, and have it end up looking great! The different angled sections of the chest and the hair stand out as some of the best sections.

Haha, that's kind of true! Thank you, I think I have proved myself able to build clothing at this scale very well, but facial features are such a challenge. I needed more time than I had to work with! 

Bold choice of scale that really paid off! Beautiful color use and great shaping of the clothes.

Faces and hands are notoriously tricky to build in any scale, but I think you managed quite well there too :classic:

You really went for it at this scale and it paid off! Every piece of clothing feels organic but they all have so many distinct textures. 

Extraordinary model, and surely a monumental design challenge to tackle! I'm amazed by the realism of the apparel especially.
Little details like the fur edging, different ties and buttons, and drape of different materials all captured brilliantly :thumbup:

On 4/7/2023 at 11:56 AM, Gideon said:

Bold choice of scale that really paid off! Beautiful color use and great shaping of the clothes.

Faces and hands are notoriously tricky to build in any scale, but I think you managed quite well there too :classic:

Thank you! Those are the aspects I most focused on, glad you think I managed well, and I trust I learned some things about the process as well!

On 4/7/2023 at 7:41 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

You really went for it at this scale and it paid off! Every piece of clothing feels organic but they all have so many distinct textures. 

Thank you, haha. It was certainly an intense build, it was hard to do it in the time frame I had, and hard to do it at all! Thanks! 

On 4/10/2023 at 5:29 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Extraordinary model, and surely a monumental design challenge to tackle! I'm amazed by the realism of the apparel especially.
Little details like the fur edging, different ties and buttons, and drape of different materials all captured brilliantly :thumbup:

Thanks Isaac! Apparel was something that I discovered I had some talent for, rather than facial features... but you'd be amazed at how challenging arms and legs were, I had to rebuild those many times, and it really took a ton of time to get them right!

Incredibly well made, especially on this scale. But it's executed perfectly, faces are hard to make but you've nailed it. Also clever details like the clips and hands as texture on the rim of the clothing!