Redrado

[MOC] Lego Hitachi Zefiro Frecciarossa 1000

Hi everyone! 

This is my MOC for the real life high speed train Frecciarossa 1000, a train made by the Bombardier-Hitachi consortium, which they call the “V300 Zefiro”. It currently runs in the Italian high speed network (operated by Trenitalia) and on the Spanish one too (operated by Iryo). The train itself is simply a well designed and made high speed train, with an operational speed of up to 360 km/h (although they never reach those speeds commercially) with a maximum designed speed of 400 km/h. The Italian national railway operator names it the “Frecciarossa 1000”.

A6294-AF4-CC1-A-43-EE-B41-C-F45902-C653-

AA141-F9-F-F912-407-D-8174-DE30447-B7-F0

As of the MOC, it’s a 7 stud model. The nose was pretty challenging but with some very interesting techniques I managed to make it work. Sadly though, I cannot make the full livery on the nose (with bricks) as its design doesn’t allow it. 

7-CDE5-C7-F-585-E-4-BC0-8237-D244-F55-FA

F4-CCFCAB-F525-4-AB6-9-B8-C-7-D552415255

Edited by Redrado
Mistakes

Bellissimo! Even with the minor variation on the nose, you captured the look of the Frecciarossa brilliantly. I rode on one a few years ago out of Roma and enjoyed it.

looking good! very well built. youd think such a high speed train is rather flat and doesnt have many details but it does! and you captured all of them nicely 

Thanks all for your comments! In regard to the nose, the only way to make the livery in it would be replacing the 1x2 and 2x2 curved slopes to plates and 1x2 cheese slopes. It's not as smooth, but the livery looks more like the real thing. Despite that, I always do my lego models thinking first on design rather than its color or livery it will have, which causes these small issues, so will try to combine both methods next time!

Trenitalia-Iryo-FIX.png

... If you are willing to "cheat" a little, you can use the red curved slopes, and make some grey stickers for the grey accent ;))

But I can only agree that overall, it looks amazing!

If I were to add a smal detail, that would be opening the passage in the coupling and maybe add the gangway doors :D

Looking forward to see it built with real bricks one day!

On 1/8/2023 at 9:24 PM, Nikonissen said:

... If you are willing to "cheat" a little, you can use the red curved slopes, and make some grey stickers for the grey accent ;))

But I can only agree that overall, it looks amazing!

If I were to add a smal detail, that would be opening the passage in the coupling and maybe add the gangway doors :D

Looking forward to see it built with real bricks one day!

Yeah a sticker would totally solve the issue, but I personally don't like stickers in Lego models (unless they are logos or prints impossible to make with bricks). As of the coaches, I will try to make what you say if I ever build it!