YourLocalB2

What was your first LEGO Star Wars set?

As a TFOL, mine was the 2010 Luke’s Landspeeder. Crazy to think I was four years old when that era of sets were coming out. I missed out on some of the best!

I think I got a couple of the '02 wave sets at the same time, but probably the 7163 Republic Gunship. I just rebuilt it out of the parts bucket when Covid hit, and although half the clones are missing, the B2s have long since shattered, and the parts aren't in the best condition, I still love it!

7110: Landspeeder , 1999, almost a quarter-century ago, my only Star Wars set.

Edited by TeriXeri

4475 - Jabba's Message, sadly I don't have the other two sets in the collection. 

Hmm. I think the first SW set I remember owning was 8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack, and shortly after, it's sister set 8083 rebel trooper battle pack. I remember loving that rocket launcher in the snowtrooper set, and using it as a homing missile. At the time I was a young kid, and while I liked star wars, it was one theme among many. 

It wasn't until 2015, when I saw the Force Awakens, that I really fell in love with Star Wars. Say what you will about the movie, but it was the first one I saw in theatres, and I remember walking out of the theatre with the scene where Poe's X-wing shoots down all those TIEs on Takodana. The second I got out of the theatre I hastily added 75102 Poe's X-wing Fighter to my christmas list, and while it's $80 price was high for a christmas present (especially since I added it after seeing the film on the 15th and I'm sure my parents had already purchased some presents by then), I was surprised christmas night with it, and it was my favorite set for years. After that, Star Wars became the main and almost only theme I collected, and my love for the franchise went from "cool movies" to being able to recite the specific name of all canon rebel and imperial ships in middle school. 

So long story short, 8084 is technically my first SW set, but 75102 is really what I would consider my first set and the birth of my love of lego star wars.

I think mine was the 6295 V-Wing in 2005. Then I didn't get another SW set until the Clone battle pack in 2008.

Technicallty, the first one I remember playing with (or, more accurately, with its constituent parts) is the original vulture droid, 7111 Droid Fighter. I was too young to really know what Star Wars was by that point though, so I consider 7250 Clone Scout Walker to be my first.

That said, I think I had played the original LEGO Star Wars video game with my brother before getting that set, so maybe that counts?

7141 Naboo Fighter and 3340 Star Wars #1 (Sith Minifigure Pack) from Legoland Windsor. Must have been 3 or 4 at the time and that trip will always be a cherished memory.

I didn't really buy any Star Wars sets until 2011, as the theme didn't interest me much before. First one I ever got was  7913: Clone Trooper Battle Pack. After that I realised just how fun these sets are, therefore started buying quite a handful of them.

Lego introduced me to Star Wars back when I was nine years old, so I can't be too sure but I think it was 7101 Lightsaber Duel. And if not that one, 7128 Speeder Bikes.

When i left my Dark Ages 2018/19 i was randomly buying sets from all themes. My first Lego Star Was set was the 75160 U-wing microfighter which i picked up at the local supermarket lol :laugh:

Technically, my first Star Wars sets were probably some of the polybags I got for free from Lego KidsFest (I believe I got a TIE Fighter and Z-95 Headhunter, both of which I probably just used for pieces), but I don’t really count those of course.

I didn’t really get into Star Wars until I started watching Rebels in 2014 and it wasn’t until the buildup to TFA during the fall of 2015 that I really, really got into it by watching all the films for the first time. It was that following Christmas that I got my first LEGO Star Wars sets. I received 75093 Death Star Final Duel and 75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter, and I’ve been collecting LEGO Star Wars for the seven years ever since, which is kinda crazy to think about.

For me, it was either 7110: Landspeeder or 7128: Speeder Bikes. Probably the former :tongue: 
The only other set I own from LEGO Star Wars' first year is 7101: Lightsaber Duel.

My God, the nostalgia. I was so impressed with and excited about Star Wars being 'LEGOfied', I played with them for hours and hours :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

9 hours ago, The Stud said:

It was that following Christmas that I got my first LEGO Star Wars sets. I received 75093 Death Star Final Duel and 75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter, and I’ve been collecting LEGO Star Wars for the seven years ever since, which is kinda crazy to think about.

Both were incredible sets in their own right and are a solid start to this theme. To this day, I don’t think Lego has ever nailed a TIE design the way they did with the Special Forces variant, and it’s been 7 years since that released! Meanwhile the Death Star Final Duel was the perfect mix of displayable and playable whilst being fun to build. I’m always hoping we get more location-based playsets like it, a Bespin Duel set in that sort of format would be brilliant.

Edited by Kaijumeister

7140 and the other 4 original sets got them from lego shop at home  when the were first released, and still have them

Edited by Mattallica

My first two SW sets were 7130 Snowspeeder and 7140 X-Wing, which I received as a gift from my dad. After seeing the OT for the first time, I wanted some toys based on it but wasn’t aware that LEGO sets were on the horizon, until my dad surprised me with them. On that fateful day, I instantly turned into a collector :laugh_hard:

On my side, it was 75192 UCS Millenium Falcon, to celebrate my 40yo... When I was child, Lego was my favourite toys and I stopped to play with it when I was 16 yo around (my new passions => Sega Megadrive, girls and then cars...)

@ 40yo, I decided to return a little bit in the past with this original gift for myself (cost 750€, my wife had difficulties to understand this choice)... after that, my collection considerably grew up, and some of my friends decided to follow me also!