Ngoc Nguyen

42155 - THE BATMAN – BATCYCLE™

LEGO_42155.jpg

LEGO_42155_WEB_SEC05_NOBG.jpg

Protect the streets of GOTHAM CITY™ with the LEGO® Technic THE BATMAN – BATCYCLE™. Assemble authentic features like the handlebars, suspension and chain drive that transfers the power of the motor to the rear wheel to capture the spirit of the superhero. Then recreate your favorite scenes with Batman™. When you display your model on the stand, you bring the magic of the film into your home.

Build BATCYCLE™: LEGO® Technic THE BATMAN - BATCYCLE (42155) is a build-and-play set that lets kids ages 9 and up faithfully recreate the iconic superhero's bike
Just like in THE BATMAN movie, this buildable model is a scale LEGO® Technic replica of the BATCYCLE™ from the 2022 movie
A model to explore: Take a close look at all the features such as the handlebars, the suspension and the chain drive that transmits the power of the H4 engine to the rear wheel
Model for play and display: With this bike, superhero fans can show their enthusiasm for Batman™. The stand allows the model to be placed on a shelf or desk
Batman™ Gift for Kids Aged 9+ This toy motorcycle makes a great gift idea for kids who love Batman
Dimensions: The LEGO® Technic BATCYCLE™ is 16 cm high, 33 cm long and 11 cm wide
Intuitive Instructions: The LEGO® Builder app takes you and your child on an intuitive building adventure. Cool functions let you zoom and rotate 3D views of the models, save sets and track your construction progress
Introduction to the world of technology: LEGO® Technic building sets realistically represent the movements and mechanics of the models to introduce young LEGO builders to the world of technology
High Quality: LEGO® Technic elements meet strict industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and snap together reliably every time
Safety first: LEGO® Technic elements are drop, heat, pressure and torsion tested and analyzed to meet strict global safety standards

More photos at: https://www.lego.com/en-in/kids/sets/technic/the-batman-batcycle-a76c8787b4316bc53f48110c953e0401

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Harley Davidson rims now in Black! Building 10269 as a 'blackie' should now be a possibility!
The Bricklink value of the wide tire on the rear wheel should also go down.

7 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Black (presumably) hard 6.5 long shocks in the back :laugh: 

yes, it looks so...but wait for reviews to see what other possible interesting parts are in new sets ...

I'll quote myself here :D

On 9/28/2022 at 11:26 AM, Jundis said:

Just looked at the list again and the BatCycle could be a cool looking model and a great parts pack for bike enthusiasts. I also found this article, whicht quotes:

"The engine is actually two BMW boxer motors, deconstructed and stacked on top of each other." 

But I don't even expect a gearbox in the Lego model as there simple is not enough room. I think the rear tire and black rims from the 10269 would fit nicely. Also black shock absorbers can be expected. I wonder if TLC will do the scaffolded frame under the seat.

Really nice parts pack! I'll get this with a decent discount.

Black, or pearl dark gray front shocks

Black rear 6.5L hard shocks

Black harley rims

What more could I ask for? :grin:

Edited by SNIPE

Huw on Brickset should be happy that the chain is on the inside of the swing arm, unlike on the Ducati. Rear suspension geometry also looks better than on the Ducati. But unlike the Ducati, this one doesn’t seem to have a two speed gearbox with wave shifter. It’s also about a hundred pieces fewer. As a movie licensed bike made for road use, this breaks the pattern of alternating releases of road bikes and dirt bikes that has been pretty consistent since the earliest Technic motorcycles in this general scale.

Nice set. I don't care for the licence, but as a bike it seems pretty decent. Also nice as a parts pack with the new black panels, the macaroni tubes in good quantity, and the gray chain, blue gear and black shocks.

1 minute ago, amorti said:

Is the triangle panel by the headlight new?

They’re in the Bugatti Bolide.

Like this one and hopefully can pick it up depending on $$

primary colour pins equate to vomit but the rest is very nicely gray scaled :thumbup:

It looks kind of "meh.." to me. As far as I can see no new ideas.

And you have ro rember that I am a big fan of Lego bikes...

(but I will probably get it anyway..)

Like many licensed Technic sets I only see disadvantages through the license. It looks boring in all black and I'm sure the Lego designers could have come up with more interesting shapes on their own.

Aahahahahahahahahahaha, the video exactly mirrors my beliefs of their conceptions of their ideal customers... 8yo boys who will find the model boring after 30 seconds, as the boy in the promo shots did... 🤷‍♂️

The fact that the boy has to keep the front wheel in place to prevent the front fork from bending even more than it does in the video doesn't look good.

The kickstand function looks reasonably useful (and potentially spring-loaded), though

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

3 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Parts pack only.  

full ack - I can't really understand what drives their decision process most of the times for the things they agree on producing..

btw, did I remember correctly that the bat-bike was only shown in last scenes of the movie?
If so, may it be like "We need something to fill our agreed left model within their IP which has already been payed with our longterm contract with DC" - at least for me it feels somehow like that.

Edit: Also from my exp not investing into some R&D for better RC-capability leaves them out plenty of potential new customers - if people would know how much fun RC Bikes can offer - but shutting up with this opinion, don't want to pollute this thread with discussions about this..

Edited by aFrInaTi0n

4 hours ago, LvdH said:

in the video doesn't look good

As @aFrInaTi0n said ... it appears as if they have lost it entirely - who counsels them? The poor guy does "this" and "that" with it - regardless of true functionality. With all that vibrant enthusiasm reflected in his face. And then just let it sit there, because he has other fish to fry. Dad may enjoy it - at least, he did not break anything, nor were sections falling apart.

Phew. Have you seen the videos @Coder Shah is putting up? There is a bold difference.

Whatever. Not even parts pack; saving up.

Best,
Thorsten

8 hours ago, Toastie said:

it appears as if they have lost it entirely - who counsels them?

I think this is according to some guys in the management: "Ah and the technic team is gonna build some technical Bat stuff, too! Ehm ... the ... ehm BatCycle!" Technic Department: *rollseyes*

Hello, regarding the front suspension. I don't think it's too far off. If you push a motorcycle from the top down (I don't know how to explain it better), the suspension would also bend, because it doesn't work that way. If you drive the motorcycle over a small obstacle or hole, the suspension will compress or push out. The suspension is there to absorb shocks from the road in order to function properly. At least that's how I think it works :) On a motorcycle the suspension doesn't bend when the rider gets on, or it's pushed down a little from above, as it is freakin' rigit an not made of ABS.