3 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

It was first released in Green in the one Monster Jam set this year, but are you seeing it in a more neutral color in this set?

They are in Dark Bluish gray, you can see them at the top at 2:19.. They are directly between seats and hold the engine in place.

Watching that video, it kind of looks like all the frictionless stud-pins are white. Is that correct? I hope that doesn't become a standard replacement for the LBG ones, though it would be better than the blue ones.

3 minutes ago, astyanax said:

So, 5x 7L flip-flip beams in DBG, nice!

I think theyre black

And a new part at the rear for the suspension.  Some kind of axle with two cross shaped end. See the video at the beginning. Second page of the partlist in the lighg bluish gray section...

4 minutes ago, steph77 said:

And a new part at the rear for the suspension.  Some kind of axle with two cross shaped end. See the video at the beginning. Second page of the partlist in the lighg bluish gray section...

It's like this one I 3D printed a couple of weeks ago:

400x138.jpg

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

I think theyre black

They're DBG, see the top left corner of the second inventory page at 0:46.

We can get the new piece cutting half axle to two 32494 steering cv joints and using a 2 axle inside them, I am purist but Lego pushes me to not to be.

1 minute ago, jorgeopesi said:

We can get the new piece cutting half axle to two 32494 steering cv joints and using a 2 axle inside them, I am purist but Lego pushes me to not to be.

Exactly, a CV with a 1,5 stud axle would be so useful, you could use it to make suspension arms only 4 studs long. I have no idea why they didn't just make a half version and use an axle joiner. Seems like they didn't really think much ahead and were only looking at the current solution. Not to mention new wheels with a 1 stud deeper offset would negate the need for a new part alltogether and would probably look better than the current (2001) design.

7L flipflops are very welcome, I could already have used several in my TC24 entry. Too bad I'll still have to wait at least months before getting my hands on those.

@Zerobricks the answer is pretty easy -> one piece instead of many = more rigid and sturdy. Plus I assume they will really do the 1:12 series a thing and each year we will get one of them - 1:8 and 1:12, so the new piece will be used more.

EDIT: 1:12 not 1:10.. I knew I did not write it as it should be :D

Edited by blondasek

55 minutes ago, blondasek said:

@Zerobricks the answer is pretty easy -> one piece instead of many = more rigid and sturdy. Plus I assume they will really do the 1:10 series a thing and each year we will get one of them - 1:8 and 1:10, so the new piece will be used more.

Yeah, and not just the 1:8 and 1:10, but the 1:12 (Ford GT, Dom Charger, and Batmobile) and the McLaren Senna-Bugatti Bolide scale:wink: Actually, I'm curious when we'll see a series of same scaled boats... as it's quite rare  in Technic

13 hours ago, LvdH said:

Not having an axle end on that new CV joint really limits its usefulness.

Agree completely, it should have been 4 studs long (axle end 3 studs long)

12 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Or maybe even shorter to stick it into the other similar part we already have 

My thoughts exaclty! 2.5 studs would enable multiple lengths with axle connectors and a smaller config with its counterpart. 

I think axle length of 2 studs would have been the optimal choice, also allowing it to slide into the existing counterpart a bit if required. It has been discussed and rendered in the General Parts thread already, towards the bottom of this page:

BTW, the model itself looks quite nice, I love the scale, the great amount of dark blue panels and the function density!

On 2/21/2023 at 6:56 AM, Polarlicht said:

Or maybe even shorter to stick it into the other similar part we already have 

somehow I have a feeling that this 5L woth CV joints at both end would be used on 42160 Audi RS Q e-tron

Edited by 1gor

I could see that happening too, it would make sense for TLG to use the same part in several licensed cars in the same scale this year. This double CV joint reminds me a lot of similar parts used in RC cars. 

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

somehow I have a feeling that this 5L woth CV joints at both end would be used on 42160 Audi RS Q e-tron

I am hoping for that too! And also that that will be a C+ set, so we'll see how it works in a motorized build. Furthermore, if they do it properly, it should be AWD, so it will have to work in a steered front axle as well, in which case a 5L steering link should accompany it to have correct geometry. I really hope that in an RC model the 6L link causing tow out would not fly, so they'd be forced to use a 5L. But maybe I'm dreaming too much..

Well, I guess someone has to complain about it so here we go....

No working steering wheel? Oh my poor sensibilities! Smaller brick based cars can have a working steering wheel but not a Technic set? Triggered! 

I also wouldn't say that I prefer the clear cylinder blocks over the bluish grey ones. Heck I prefer the old light grey blocks with the dark grey cylinders! But the clear ones don't seem too bad in this smaller set.

Still it does look very nice and I still like the dark blue colour. It also feels a bit like the colour coding is nicer, perhaps a few too many bright red pieces and I wonder if he's trolling us with the random lime green part lol! I also suspect that I'd feel differently had the set had more gears and wave selectors which would have been green, more red, orange and so on. But overall the colour coding does look much better than previous sets. Those new 7 long flip flop beams come in a useful colour and I'm very happy to see the still quite rare 3x19 frames.

Normally I'd skip right past these 1:10 and 1:12 scale cars but I might actually get this one :thumbup:

Edited by allanp

15 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

I am hoping for that too! And also that that will be a C+ set, so we'll see how it works in a motorized build. Furthermore, if they do it properly, it should be AWD, so it will have to work in a steered front axle as well, in which case a 5L steering link should accompany it to have correct geometry. I really hope that in an RC model the 6L link causing tow out would not fly, so they'd be forced to use a 5L. But maybe I'm dreaming too much..

it is not forbidden to dream and sometimes dreams came true...but as you pointed out it us good question how much torque can those new double joints handle... 

Edited by 1gor