I made a fast size comparison, I don't know that, if the suspesion has any suspension travel limiter, but nowdays I remember only in Defender about suspension travel limiter (but there was also Milan the designer), all other supercars (based on my knowledge) have sadly only the ground as limiter.
So the first suspension is ca. 1-1,1 stud (marked with yellow) travel (the gap between the tyre and the fender is in hight is ca. equals to the height of the pin in the background) the nose section is a bit closer to the ground, but if the rear suspension is comperessed it could be 1 stud. 
The rear suspension travel is ca. 1,5-1,75 stud (marked with red), but there the rear bumper section have parts lower than that, so there is the limit by ca. 1,25 stud.
 ride_hight.gif.c8a494d5967e3cc6bc5e78e486d293f8.gif
So, basically this version is made with the 1 stud travel, only in the rear the gap between the wheel and the fender could be smaller.

Model is wrongly scaled. That's all. Even basic dimensions are wrong, not to mention the details and angles.

I've made a quick comparison, using two points for reference:

42154dim.jpg

First, the commonly used wheel diameter. As you can see the blue picture shows that both height and length of the model exceeds the proportions of real GT.
Second, red picture is scaled down to the rear wheel arch. Height is almost perfect, but wheels look like from a skateboard, and overal length is decreased.

It could be an awesome set, like the 42110. Yet many compromises has been made.

18 hours ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

A fair point with respect to ride height, though my concern was more about the actual size of the wheels. Adjustable ride height would have been a great feature, and perhaps a better one here than suspension.

I think an interesting solution would be to add adjustable ride height with suspension - the lowest point would give us the proper look for display, and then if anyone wants to play with the vehicle and actually use the suspension then the ride height could be increased. 

Just now, kbalage said:

I think an interesting solution would be to add adjustable ride height with suspension - the lowest point would give us the proper look for display, and then if anyone wants to play with the vehicle and actually use the suspension then the ride height could be increased. 

Sounds like 8297 ;)

Just now, M_longer said:

Sounds like 8297 ;)

It worked on an off-roader, why wouldn't it work on a supercar? :)  

I really like this set, -  based only on this photos, I will wait with my end verdict the release - maybe because I'm not a huge fan of the original car. I liked the 2006 GT version that was  for me unique, but the after 2016 version GT is for me too common, just an another supercar from this area. This Lego version reminds me about the Ford GT40 Mk IV trough the headlamp pieces, and the overall shape of the front reminds me a bit about the Ford GT90 also.  If I'm 100% honest, I like this iteration more like the orginal vehicle, but that obviously not denies your concerns :)

2 hours ago, M_longer said:

42154dim.jpg

First, the commonly used wheel diameter. As you can see the blue picture shows that both height and length of the model exceeds the proportions of real GT.

As I see, the main difference with the blue picture is the height, and this is the 1 stud what we like to see avoided by the gap between wheels and fenders, and also from under to have ground clearance after all.
The length difference is in this profile is there, but from another angles maybe this is the best compromise (I like very well the headlamps, as I said). Maybe in Mods and improvements topic we will se a better iteration after release :) 

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

I think an interesting solution would be to add adjustable ride height with suspension - the lowest point would give us the proper look for display, and then if anyone wants to play with the vehicle and actually use the suspension then the ride height could be increased

That would be awesome! And then everyones wish fulfilled :)

Yeah it looks nothing like the Ford GT. Still a nice looking set and model on the shelf, but not a GT.

They should have done the classic GT40 as I feel the shape could have more easily been replicated. That, or make it a proper 1:10 scale car.

I like it. If Ford agreed that it'll look that way - so be it. The raptor had hideous headlights which we hated here, yet it sold.

If you squint hard enough you'll see the sulhouette of the rally Ferrari with the swoops of the 11l spoiler/fender panel. It's a limitation of the medium until we get another fancy panels or return to the wireframes of the eons before I got into Technic.

Also - I bet the first F1 moc out of this car will be available in 2-4 days of release. For the Bugatti Bolide it took 2. And I know of at least one more in the works :)

Everybody seemed to like this one until the picture of it in profile appeared.  I bet the profile view and color looks better in person

@kbalage with this Ford GT set, there is the answer, why the color of the 42126 Ford Raptor was changed in the develpoment process to orange, intsead of the blue prototype :)

10 hours ago, jura93 said:

@kbalage with this Ford GT set, there is the answer, why the color of the 42126 Ford Raptor was changed in the develpoment process to orange, intsead of the blue prototype :)

It is possible, I wonder how an orange Ford GT looked like :) 

16 hours ago, GTS said:

I bet the first F1 moc out of this car will be available in 2-4 days of release.

Rule 0937 : Every wheeled lego technic set has F1 alternative. If not, someone will do soon.
Anyway, I hope someone make classic GT as alternative this set.

If you look at the rear axle on this set, you can see the way they have it set up with current pieces is impossible. This is because no matter how you place cv joints or u joints, you cannot get it into a the space provided with 5l beams. I think we may be getting a non planetary version of the racing hubs and a double sided male cv joint, or 2 new shorter ones to fit within the space they have used. Here is a link to the picture i am referring to:Ford gt partially assembled

Edited by Technic tango

28 minutes ago, Technic tango said:

If you look at the rear axle on this set, you can see the way they have it set up with current pieces is impossible. This is because no matter how you place cv joints or u joints, you cannot get it into a the space provided with 5l beams. I think we may be getting a non planetary version of the racing hubs and a double sided male cv joint, or 2 new shorter ones to fit within the space they have used. Here is a link to the picture i am referring to:Ford gt partially assembled

We already talked about that few pages ago. Yes that is new parts.

2 hours ago, Technic tango said:

Here is a link to the picture i am referring to:Ford gt partially assembled

Oh, I haven't seen this picture before. This definately tells, that there is new part, which we concluded from 21L witdth.

3 hours ago, Technic tango said:

I doubt, because in order to fit the large CV joint, you also need the female CV joint which is 1 stud longer than normal CV female joint and that simply does not fit. We are either gettting a shorter male CV joint or a new U joint which uses 2L axles.

Also I just noticed yesterday that the rear body and fenders are offset by half a stud on each side in order to lay flush with the rear wheels.

I would love to see some new element, which will allow to build some narrower double wishbone or just independent front suspension with drive. Because at the moment the narrowest independent suspension (with drive!) I can imagine can be build within 15 studs, which is far to much for small scale models. And even this I'm not sure because I didn't even try to do this due to part size limitation.

Edited by keymaker

1 hour ago, keymaker said:

I would love to see some new element, which will allow to build some narrower double wishbone or just independent front suspension with drive. Because at the moment the narrowest independent suspension (with drive!) I can imagine can be build within 15 studs, which is far to much for small scale models. And even this I'm not sure because I didn't even try to do this due to part size limitation.

This will be 15 wide, the current minimum is 17 wide, unless you go for a floating differential, which is somewhat flimsy I guess. Building a (geometrically correct) 13 wide would probably require a 4L wishbone, and a 4L double CV joint (though in principle, a the hypothesized male CV joint with a 2L axle could be cut to 1L axle length, and put into the currently existing male part with an axle hole).. But I don't think we'd get a 4L wishbone any time soon unfortunately. Soo much potential left on the table by lego by not introducing these drivetrain parts in various lengths..

30 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

This will be 15 wide, the current minimum is 17 wide, unless you go for a floating differential, which is somewhat flimsy I guess. Building a (geometrically correct) 13 wide would probably require a 4L wishbone, and a 4L double CV joint (though in principle, a the hypothesized male CV joint with a 2L axle could be cut to 1L axle length, and put into the currently existing male part with an axle hole).. But I don't think we'd get a 4L wishbone any time soon unfortunately. Soo much potential left on the table by lego by not introducing these drivetrain parts in various lengths..

Yeah... And without it if you want to build somehow reliable front driven axle, the solid (for example live) axle is what you are forced to use. It's pity we don't have access to some smaller technic parts with tow ball holder. Such small part could be used with various standard technic parts to create whatever size of suspension you need.

1 hour ago, keymaker said:

Yeah... And without it if you want to build somehow reliable front driven axle, the solid (for example live) axle is what you are forced to use. It's pity we don't have access to some smaller technic parts with tow ball holder. Such small part could be used with various standard technic parts to create whatever size of suspension you need.

Indeed, I totally agree. In this spirit, I have started a new thread that I have been thinking about for a while to organize our new part ideas and keep track of the potential left on the table by the technic system. Take a look and post your ideas, you surely have some :)

Problem is that you will have very little suspension travel then. I think what we'd need is a redesign of fenders, wheels and suspension geometry which would allow the wheels to actually go under the fenders just like in the real cars.

Random thought but since its completely possible to fit the standard 1:8 scale tyres/rims inside the 1:10 scale fender pieces without rubbing... Do we think it would be possible to fit the 1:10 scale tyres/rims inside these new 1:12 scale fender pieces? If so I think one could make a pretty cool and more accurately looking 1:10 Ford Gt using all the new dark blue pieces. Not to mention other 1:10 scale cars in dark blue.