4 hours ago, Citromon said:

It looks nice, but too many details are made with stickers, and when I think of Ford GT - is definitely not this model.

It is Ford GT 2022 which is significantly different from the original one from 1964 ("Ford vs Ferrari" movie).
The Lego set is not Ford GT'64 at all, for sure...

Interesting, while I hate the new GT from 2022 (only '64 exists for me), I like this model! 

I like it as a set, but from the front it doesn’t really look like a Ford GT to me. Looks more like a Maserati MC12

So, I've been carefully spying on this set and ust look at the recolors and new parts!:

New / returning recolors (inclusive of new parts):

1 x 1 x 1   Beam                      in dark blue   {18654}
[New] 1 x 2 x 3   Panel left                in dark blue   {2387}
[New] 1 x 2 x 3   Panel right               in dark blue   {2389}
[New] 1 x 2 x 3   Panel left                in black       {2387}
[New] 1 x 2 x 3   Panel right               in black       {2389}
      1 x 2 x 5   Panel left                in dark blue   {11947} (last seen in 2021)
      1 x 2 x 5   Panel right               in dark blue   {11946} (last seen in 2021)
      1 x 3 x 5   Parralelegram panel left  in dark blue   {80267}
      1 x 3 x 5   Parralelegram panel right in dark blue   {80268}
      2 x 3 x 5   Panel left                in dark blue   {87080} (last seen in 2018)
      2 x 3 x 5   Panel right               in dark blue   {87086} (last seen in 2018)
      2 x 3 x 11  Curved panel smooth       in dark blue   {62531}  
      1 x 1 x 2   Comma panel               in dark blue   {89679}  
      1 x 2 x 3   Comma panel               in dark blue   {71682}  
      1 x 2 x 5   Curved panel extension    in dark blue   {80286}  
      1 x 3 x 7   Panel                     in dark blue   {71709}  
      2 x 3 x 7   Curved panel              in dark blue   {24119}
      2 x 3 x 11  Panel left                in dark blue   {64681} (last seen in 2018)
      2 x 3 x 11  Panel right               in dark blue   {64393} (last seen in 2018)
[New] 2 x 5 x 11  Rear wheel arch           in dark blue   {TBA}    
[New] 2 x 5 x 11  Front wheel arch          in dark blue   {TBA}    
      1 x x x 2   Pin with pinhole          in dark blue   {15100}  
      1 x 1 x 2   Axle with pinhole         in dark blue   {22961}  
      1 x 3 x 3   Biscuit joint             in dark blue   {39793}  
[New] 2 x 3 x 5   Left corner panel         in trans clear {TBA}  
[New] 2 x 3 x 5   Right corner panel        in trans clear {TBA}  
      0.5 x 1 x 2 Beam                      in dark blue   {41677} (last seen in 2004)
      1 x 1 x 2   Beam with axle hole       in dark blue   {60483} (last seen in 2020)
      0.5 x 1 x 3 Beam                      in dark blue   {6632}  (last seen in 2004)
      1 x 1 x 3   Beam                      in dark blue   {32523} (last seen in 2020)
      1 x 2 x 4   Beam bent                 in dark blue   {32140} (last seen in 2022)
      0.5 x 1 x 5 Beam with axle holes      in dark blue   {11478}
      1 x 1 x 5   Beam                      in dark blue   {32316} (last seen in 2020)
      1 x 3 x 5   Bent beam                 in dark blue   {32526} (last seen in 2020)
      1 x 1 x 7   Beam                      in dark blue   {32524} (last seen in 2020)
      1 x 4 x 6   Beam bent diagonally      in dark blue   {6629}  (last seen in 2020)
      1 x 1 x 9   Beam                      in dark blue   {40490}
      1 x 1 x 2   Connector 1x2             in dark blue   {6536}  (last seen in 2004)
      1 x 2 x 2   Connector open centre     in dark blue   {69819}
      1 x 1 x 3   Connector #5              in dark blue   {32015}
      1 x 1 x 3   Bionicle tooth            in dark blue   {41669}
      1 x 1 x 6.5 Shock absorber extra hard in Black       {731c07}

Possible re-released colors / returning rare colors:

1 x 1 x 11  Beam                      in dark blue   {32525} (last seen in 2022)
      1 x 1 x 13  Beam                      in dark blue   {41239} (last seen in 2018)
      1 x 1 x 15  Beam                      in dark blue   {32278} (last seen in 2018)
      2 x 3 x 6   Left panel                in dark blue   {64683}
      2 x 3 x 6   Right panel               in dark blue   {64391}

Note that some of the above information may be inforrect, but from the images at hand it looks to be pretty much on the money

Edited by SNIPE

I'm looking at a ford GT calendar on my wall. The wheels need to be nearer to the wheel arch and the spoiler needs to be higher, again its lacking the aggressive muscle car look. if I had the money I would buy it just to try improve it.

H

Now just needs a Technic Jeremy Clarkson fig that barely fits, as he's known for his dark blue ford GT  , and then someday have a Lambo Tractor set :thumbup:

Edited by TeriXeri

29 minutes ago, jura93 said:

If I see correct, this are the classic cylinder block bricks in transparent

If so, that’s cool that they are including those in more realistic sets. It makes it easier to see the pistons move if the top of the blocks are covered or the engine is in a hard-to-see area.

16 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Now just needs a Technic Jeremy Clarkson fig that barely fits, as he's known for his dark blue ford GT  , and then someday have a Lambo Tractor set :thumbup:

This makes me think, is this set roughly the same scale as the old Technic figures?

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

This makes me think, is this set roughly the same scale as the old Technic figures?

No, technic figures are approximately 1:20.

12 hours ago, Jurss said:

I rechecked, and it seems, that with these wheels width would be ~23L. Maybe counted wrong, or there finally is some axle with specific end, that can be connected to something, that goes in to differential?

Also counted it several times, but always got 21 studs. 

I was counting by the front end of the car and also by it's spoiler...

I wonder if they should rather use new parts for it or floating diff suspension.

Given that the description says 18cm width, that works out to 22.5 studs. So, 23 studs is probably the width. 

I count 21 studs wide as well. It looks like the mirrors extend out past the body another 1 stud on each side, 23 studs wide.

Edited by deehtha
Counted studs instead of just doing math.

And wheels also doesn't seem to be much out of wheelarches, or also suspension is not so much up, so that there could be one stud more. So, there is small hope :D

10 minutes ago, dabo said:

What other car sets is this the same scale as?

Dom’s Charger, “The Batman” Batmobile and Ford Raptor.

6 hours ago, deehtha said:

Given that the description says 18cm width, that works out to 22.5 studs. So, 23 studs is probably the width. 

I count 21 studs wide as well. It looks like the mirrors extend out past the body another 1 stud on each side, 23 studs wide.

It seems to me you forgot about rearview mirrors

9 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

Also counted it several times, but always got 21 studs. 

I wonder if they should rather use new parts for it or floating diff suspension.

Are you guys saying that at this body width the suspension needs to be 15 studs wide, at which it would not be possible to build a driven independent suspension with current joints, only with a floating differential, which may not be the way to go in an official set so we are hoping for new CV joints that would allow for narrower suspension? :) I am really holding my breath for this, because I figured that the upcoming Audi may also need such a setup for its (hopefully driven) front independent suspension, which may also need to be 15 wide with buggy wheels..

5 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Are you guys saying that at this body width the suspension needs to be 15 studs wide, at which it would not be possible to build a driven independent suspension with current joints, only with a floating differential, which may not be the way to go in an official set so we are hoping for new CV joints that would allow for narrower suspension? :) I am really holding my breath for this, because I figured that the upcoming Audi may also need such a setup for its (hopefully driven) front independent suspension, which may also need to be 15 wide with buggy wheels..

Sort of, any single way to create this suspension with currently available parts is not in lego style. I am personally waiting for something like this:

KjhtBLxbmgM.jpg

Also to be honest, I will be happy even without these parts, at least it should be interesting to build :)

1 minute ago, NoEXIST said:

I am personally waiting for something like this

Exactly, that's what I am waiting for as well! Though it would be great to have a variant of this with the newer CV joint with a 2L axle on both the female and the male part (but this older one would be interesting and better than nothing as well, those Cada ones have 2.5L axles if I'm not mistaken).

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Dom’s Charger, “The Batman” Batmobile and Ford Raptor.

Thank you suspected it was different from the sets I have.

4 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

KjhtBLxbmgM.jpg

Or TLG make 2L CV joint which has male part on both end. I hope shorter suspension arm/shorter link come in here.

Edited by msk6003

2 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Or TLG make 2L CV joint which has male part on both end. I hope shorter suspension arm/shorter link come in here.

something like that definitely since TLC used thin 6L liftarms for independent suspension before