Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

I noticed the artwork in the visitor centre set had a parasaurolophus in Lego form

hint at future dino maybe šŸ¤”Ā 

also love the dinos in the sets but I hope they do a bigger brachiosaurus one day and a new spino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pre-ordered the Visitor Center for $120.00 on Amazon.com in the US, but it's out of stock now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swing and a massive miss, STRIKE OUT!

This is the worst wave of 4+ sets I have ever seen. Oh? MostĀ aren't 4+ sets? Could have fooled me by how simple they are.

I get that big dinosaurs are like $30 a pieces, but still, these are not good! The center is a wall. TheĀ Brachiosaurus tree is a mess. I don't understand why LEGO can't make trees. The biggest issue out of all of them is theĀ Brachiosaurus itself. It's legs don't move! LEGO could do that 20-25 years ago but not now? The whole point of the scene is it lifts it's legs up (which no way was realistic)Ā  and eat, the LEGO version can't do that because LEGO cheaped out?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the brachiosaurus well enough. I am glad it has a jaw and the neck looks good. I expected moveable legs though. If this was a giraffe I would say lego outdone themselves, however it's not a normal animal it's a dinosaur and at such a large scale I really expected leg articulation. Who knows I might change my mind when I get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The minifigures are good (love the hairpiece for Ellie, but Alan should've used Indy's new hat mould), but the distribution is really weird ā€” like really,Ā four Ellies?Ā 

I will say, in Legos defense, they did at least give her 3 different torso variations across her 4 appearances (clean pink shirt, muddy pink shirt and blue tank top).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maple said:

Swing and a massive miss, STRIKE OUT!

This is the worst wave of 4+ sets I have ever seen. Oh? MostĀ aren't 4+ sets? Could have fooled me by how simple they are.

I get that big dinosaurs are like $30 a pieces, but still, these are not good! The center is a wall. TheĀ Brachiosaurus tree is a mess. I don't understand why LEGO can't make trees. The biggest issue out of all of them is theĀ Brachiosaurus itself. It's legs don't move! LEGO could do that 20-25 years ago but not now? The whole point of the scene is it lifts it's legs up (which no way was realistic)Ā  and eat, the LEGO version can't do that because LEGO cheaped out?!

I think the brachiosaurus is still the best dinosaur mold ever alongside the ankylosaurus I donā€™t care itā€™s legs donā€™t move, itā€™s beautifulĀ 

Does anyone know if the brachiosaurus set will be available in the US? Iā€™m worried it wonā€™t be available cause itā€™s not on lego shop us. Anyone know why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this is pretty much my dream Jurrasic Park wave. The first time I'm actually interested in all the sets. The only thing that would've made this wave evenĀ better would be to include the gate and the toilet somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maple said:

I don't understand why LEGO can't make trees.

Lol yeah Lego needs to hire a tree consultant or something, some of their recent trees have been a bit iffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Newman has TWO minifigs now! What a time to be alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, danth said:

Wow, Newman has TWO minifigs now! What a time to be alive.

There's been a Nedry minifig since 2019, but it'll beĀ nice to have himĀ more widely available!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

There's been a Nedry ļ»æļ»æminifig since 2019, but it'll beĀ nice to have himĀ more widely available!

Ahh, maybe I got confused, is it Muldoon that never had a minifig?

So three Newmans. šŸ˜²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, the set pictures make them look better than the box art, so may go for a few more. Not convinced by the tree with the brachiosaurus (although it's nice that it works well for both the initial scene and the later scene with Grant and the children.

Want to see some reviews of these to get into the details a bit more. Especially the visitor centre and how that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice cheeky little reference - each of the new sets has a frog in it.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iā€™mnot sure why i donā€™t see Discovery of the Brachiosaurus on Lego S@H? Anyways, from what I read about Bracioaurusā€™ immobie legs. In that case, take a look at elephant from 2021.Ā 

Iā€™m not quite sure why Lego decide to not give us a sauropod with movable legs just like they did with elephant? Of course big cats donā€™t have movable legs.

But Iā€™m okay with it without movable legs - I will collet that one for my animal kingdom anyways.Ā Iā€™m just happy that we are getting nice dinosaurus, minifigures and that Jeep.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Do I see two or three different heads for Ellie? Weird that she doesn't include the dual moulded boots in any set though, when the part already exists. It surely can't add THAT much to LEGO's costs when it isn't even new.

Yeah, across the sets Ellie uses three different heads weirdly enough, though it should be noted none of them are new. In the Triceratops Research and Visitor's Center she has her 2018 head, in the Brachiosaurus Discovery she has the head for Phoebe from Friends (which was clearly designed for Ellie so it's great to FINALLY see on her), and then in the 4+ set she uses Rachel's head from the Friends Apartments set (which doesn't really fit with the other two imo but I suppose it's cool to get a previously rare head in a much cheaper 4+ set).

And yeah, the lack of the molded boots is really cheap and disappointing. They just came in one of the Avatar sets last year, so it's not like they're discontinued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thatā€™s little odd - we have Gallimimus from 2020 wave bu it doesnā€™t show up in the new wave.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad we're finally getting a proper wave of Jurassic Park toys. I plan to byĀ 76958Ā Dilophosaurus Ambush andĀ 75960 Brachiosaurus Discovery. I've been waiting over twenty yearsĀ for LEGO to make the Jeeps. It's about time.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrickWaters said:

Glad we're finally getting a proper wave of Jurassic Park toys. I plan to byĀ 76958Ā Dilophosaurus Ambush andĀ 75960 Brachiosaurus Discovery. I've been waiting over twenty yearsĀ for LEGO to make the Jeeps. It's about time.Ā 

Same. Well, at least I'll buy the Nedry set on day one and Bricklink/eBay just the Jeep from the Brachio set.

The Triceratops set is a bit tougher...how badly do I need another complete Explorer? And getting two Minifigures, a Trike, and one big pile of Megablocks as a bonus...

I simply can't afford the Visitor Center on top of other sets this year,Ā and I don't care about Muldoon enough to track him down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really liking the Jeeps and a cheaper way to get an Explorer, which looks a little different in it's build, especially the bumpers look different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Matichado said:

I think the brachiosaurus is still the best dinosaur mold ever alongside the ankylosaurus I donā€™t care itā€™s legs donā€™t move, itā€™s beautifulĀ 

Does anyone know if the brachiosaurus set will be available in the US? Iā€™m worried it wonā€™t be available cause itā€™s not on lego shop us. Anyone know why?

The brachiosaurus from 20 years ago looks a lot better, and had movable legs which are insanely important to the scene of the movie.

9 hours ago, Portal Out said:

Lol yeah Lego needs to hire a tree consultant or something, some of their recent trees have been a bit iffy.

They can make Christmas trees for sets, and the BlackSmith one is okay enough but not great. Literally every other tree LEGO has made in the last 10 years needs more leaves or a complete redesign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.