Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

It really seems like lego likes to reuse molds whenever possible. I don't see why lego doesn't either modify the baby raptor piece or just make it green with a compy decal. They could make several dinos like this pachycephalosaurusjust take the stygimoloch and give it a new head. Or an allosaurus by taking the indoraptor body, tail, legs, (hopefully without the raptor sickle claw) and just give it a new head and jaw, like in legend of isla nublar. sinoceratops / torosaurus just triceratops body and legs with a new head

10 hours ago, Time Dragon said:

Well I tried to scale down the one from the game and it's been a while since I made it. Your measurement fits pretty well to my cardboard one. the 10 in x 3 ft x 3 ft / 25.4 cm x 91.44 cm x 91.44 cm is more a rough guess based on trying to measure the one in game.

But to be honest it's hard to be sure on something like this.

I'm very much hoping we get the fully moulded Brachi, even if it's likely to be somewhat downsized from what would be "accurate minifig scale". The piece count doesn't really hint at this, but here's how I think they COULD do it:

Brachiosaurus being ~8ish pieces

Let's say 4 minifigs at ~20 pieces total (includes Hammond with his cane)

Park jeep at ~150 pieces

Out of 512 pieces, that leaves ~334, which is a lot considering much of the set's budget will inevitably go towards the big dino.

What they might do here is a simple but detailed tree build, for the Brachi to eat from. Picture a very skinny, tall tree with a lot of foliage at the top and some basic terrain/grass at the bottom (as seen in the movie). This would go well with a vertical box style like they've done recently with the Star Wars Hoth AT-ST, and I think would round out the set visually.

The reason I think that could work from a budget perspective is that a set like the Icons Bonsai Tree is nearly 900 pieces and just $50, so if you rearranged something like that to be one third the mass, you could build a ~300 piece reasonably detailed tree for under $20 (again much taller and narrower to match the trees in the movie).

This is my hope, but I'm interested to see if anyone else thinks it's realistic?

18 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Brachiosaurus being ~8ish pieces

If they make it in the same number of pieces from the game it would have 10 pcs head, jaw, neck 1, neck 2, body, tail, and 4 legs. I am not certain but I wonder if they could reuse the rex tail.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if they made it in the style of the ankilosuraus. If they did, and if the body splits open you could make the joke. How do you know the brachiosaurus is a herbivore, (Opens brachiosaurus) because it's full of leaves.

One fear I had is that lego would just have just a big wall with a brachiosaurus on it. I am fairly certain that won't happen at this piece count. I hope.

Of the characters from jurassic park we haven't gotten in a set yet, these are my guesses as to where we'll get them this wave.

Genaro, triceratops or brachiosaurus sets

Dr. Harding, triceratops set

Muldoon, raptor escape set, assuming its the raptor loading scene or the restoring power scene.

Dodgson, I don't think we've even seen a lego version of this guy, but please correct me if I am wrong.

11 hours ago, Time Dragon said:

Genaro, triceratops or brachiosaurus sets

Dr. Harding, triceratops set

Muldoon, raptor escape set, assuming its the raptor loading scene or the restoring power scene.

Dodgson, I don't think we've even seen a lego version of this guy, but please correct me if I am wrong.

I’m really just hoping that we’ll get a young JP version of Henry Wu, but there is a slight change he may be in the Visitor Center set because I don’t think they have a lot of options of minifigs to include there; unless they’re planning on including Alan, Ellie and the kids again, lol

On 2/18/2023 at 7:35 PM, StegoLover said:

I’m really just hoping that we’ll get a young JP version of Henry Wu, but there is a slight change he may be in the Visitor Center set because I don’t think they have a lot of options of minifigs to include there; unless they’re planning on including Alan, Ellie and the kids again, lol

I think its inevitable for Alan, Ellie, Lex and Tim to be in the Visitors Centre set, and hopefully they are a survivor variant so that would be cool

Set description spam coming 

The LEGO® Jurassic World Brachiosaurus Discovery (76960) recreates the awe felt by Dr. Ellie Sattler and Dr. Alan Grant upon seeing a majestic Brachiosaurus for the first time. A great gift idea for Jurassic Park fans aged 9 and up, it includes an articulated brachiosaurus, the biggest LEGO dinosaur ever, plus a Jeep® Wrangler for the 3 minifigures (Dr Alan Grant, Dr Ellie Sattler and John Hammond ) and a tree with a viewing platform and detachable leaves to "feed" the brachiosaurus, as Alan Grant does in the movie. Brick-built Jeep® Wrangler – Authentically detailed Jeep can accommodate all 3 standing or seated minifigures, as seen in the Jurassic Park scene when you first encounter the Brachiosaurus - Buildable Tree - The tree includes a viewing platform for the 3 minifigures and detachable leaves to 'feed' the Brachiosaurus. A warning sign is placed next to the tree - Brachiosaurus measures over 9” (24cm) high, 10” (27cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide - 512 pieces -

Inspired by a classic scene from Jurassic Park, this LEGO® Jurassic World Velociraptor Escape (76957) set teaches children from 4 years old to build and play with a dinosaur enclosure with a tower, a function of escape and a winch to lower the food to the velociraptor. A great gift idea, the set also includes a buildable off-road vehicle, 2 minifigures and accessories for creative play. Digital Instructions Illustrated instructions are perfect for kids learning to read. The LEGO Builder app adds fun with intuitive zoom and rotate tools that help kids visualize their model as they build. Dinosaur tower and enclosure, inspired by the Jurassic Park movie, stands over 6” (17cm) tall,

Kids with a passion for dinosaurs and cute vehicles will love LEGO® Jurassic World's Search for the Triceratops (76959). A great gift for ages 8 and up, it includes the Jurassic Park Ford Explorer rich in authentic detail, with on-board navigation to search for dinosaurs and seating for Dr. Ellie Sattler and Ian Malcolm. The set also includes a poseable triceratops, buildable dinosaur poo containing poisonous berries, and a shovel that lets kids role-play the famous Jurassic Park scene that inspired this set. LEGO Builder - The LEGO Builder app offers an intuitive building adventure: kids can zoom, rotate 3D models, save their sets and track their progress.

Relive the awe-inspiring scenes of Jurassic Park with The LEGO® Visitor Center: T. rex and Raptor Attack (76961), a collector's set for play or display for ages 12 and up. The architecture of the center is reproduced in LEGO® bricks and translucent panels adorned with dinosaur motifs separate the hall, the dining area and the lab. Place the T. rex skeleton in the entrance and bring down the banner with a press of a trigger during fights between the T. rex and the velociraptor. A great gift for Jurassic Park fans, the set includes 6 minifigures (Dr Ellie Sattler, Dr Alan Grant, Ray Arnold, Dr Henry Wu, Lex Murphy and Tim Murphy) as well as lots of playful accessories. This 693-piece set - Visitor Center measures over 6” (16cm) high, 12” (32cm) wide and 6” (17cm) deep.

Edited by Lego_Minecraft_Goat

Youngsters can role-play a classic Jurassic Park scene or make up scenarios with LEGO® Jurassic World Dilophosaurus Ambush (76958), a collectible building set. A great gift for kids aged 6 and up, it includes a dilophosaurus and buildable Jurassic Park Jeep®, with a seat for Dennis Nedry, a muddy minifigure and a dinosaur footprint. The set also includes a mini jungle build with a panel that the Jeep smashes into like in the movie, and a bottle of shaving foam that inspires creative play. LEGO Builder - The LEGO Builder app offers an intuitive building experience, with tools for zooming and rotating 3D models, saving sets and tracking progress. A set to carry to play everywhere,

So assuming the descriptions are accurate the brachiosaurus is as wide and long as the T.rex but almost twice as tall.

Thank you Lego_Minecraft_Goat.

These sound pretty awesome, though I don't tend to get Jurassic sets unless discounted, being based on the original film is a definite boon. Do we have UK prices for these? 

4 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

These sound pretty awesome, though I don't tend to get Jurassic sets unless discounted, being based on the original film is a definite boon. Do we have UK prices for these? 

All I remember seeing is canadian and american prices but you might check last year's forum.

Very excited to see the Brachiosaurus! Overall these descriptions sound good, it'll be interesting to see what the visitor's centre looks like considering it sounds like much more of an interior playset split between the different rooms (remember there's still possibilities open in the future for an 18+ style diorama of the building exterior).

I can see that they've aimed on the low side for minifigures in most of these sets (i.e. the previous Dominion triceratops set had 4 minifigs and it sounds like this one will have just 2). I hope all the builds look as good as we're imagining to justify some of the prices.

These sets sound awesome! It's nice to finally have an idea of what they'll be like, though I can't help but notice the absense of Muldoon and Genaro? I guess the Velociraptor set said theres two minifigures but i have no idea why Genaro would be included there lol

But definitely excited for set pictures and also, the Brachiosaurus might be moulded because of the all the buildings that would take the piece count up which is exciting to have hope again

Muldoon is very likely turning up for the Velociraptor set, but I am a bit disappointed that him and Wu might be the only JP93 minifigures in this wave that we didn't already get in a previous set.  Gennaro and Dr. Harding should have been included too.  I'm hoping that the second minifigure in the Velociraptor set is Gennaro, or at least a generic park worker.  Basically anything other than another Alan Grant.

It looks like we aren't getting a Dr. Harding or Genaro this wave, unless there are more minifigs in the triceratops set then implied, which seems unlikely.

1 minute ago, Time Dragon said:

It looks like we aren't getting a Dr. Harding or Genaro this wave, unless there are more minifigs in the triceratops set then implied, which seems unlikely.

The description only mentions Sattler and Malcom, but I feel like Alan is pretty important/iconic in that scene, too, so I would think that he’d also be included. If he is and just not mentioned, there is a possibility for Harding and Genaro, as well. I’m not sure, but I’m optimistic. This wave sounds great. 

If we don't I think it would be kinda cool if they made a small set with a kinda porta potty that opens in halves to Genaro on the pot. Kinda weird to get a toilet in the gate but no Genaro.

I'm interested to see if the Ford Explorer in the Triceratops set will be different from the one in the 18+ set from last year. It's also great to hear that we're also getting the Jeep as well, sounds like we will will be getting both the open style and the closed soft top versions.

Edited by LB2341

All sounds fantastic. I got rid of all my Jurassic park/world stuff a while ago, but kept the Park gates and the velociraptor set. These all sounds great and I can’t wait to get them all. Sounds like between the two sets with Raptors and the 2017 set, you’ll get all 3 of the Raptors! So happy we’ll get all the cars too. Hopefully one of the minifigs in the 4+ is Muldoon, really need him to complete the cast. The Visitor centre honestly sounds pretty bad, tiny and shallow, but I’m happy with a little facade for shelf space. Will probably end up buying all of these.

Haha, amazing to finally hear some descriptions! Assuming they're accurate, enjoy my long essay. InGenEral (heh) it's great that they're all JP sets like predicted. I feel that lego needed some proper original movie sets.

In terms of minifigures, I'm both satisfied and a bit disappointed. Alan, Ellie, Ian and kids had to make a return obviously and ok. Two Alans sounds fine, but three Ellies seems like too much. Having not gotten the gate, It's great to see Hammond, Nedry and even Arnold! Didn't expect him in the sets. I didn't expect young Dr Wu either, so that's nice! I still expect Muldoon in raptor set, hopefully with Jophery Brown. At the same time, the lack of Ed Regis is a bit disappointing. No Genarro is really surprising. And I ESPECIALLY wanted Gerry Harding. I guess until we get some images I'm still gonna hope for their inclusion. 

In the raptor set "a winch to lower the food" made me wish that the set comes with a cow. But I don't think that's happening. Also there's no mention of a cage so the set could be a bit lacking. But is should have seen that coming, as its just a 4+ (A little insulting for Muldoon to be included there XD) 

I hope the Ford in trike set isn't too different from 18+ set, because I want them to fit together. But I'm worried it's gonna be the explorer 05 again. We need 04 because they only gave us half in trex set. But I'm happy that we do get a one big pile of... Bricks. Wasn't sure if lego felt comfortable putting that in a set. 

Dilophosaurus seems like what expected and that's great! Together with brachi set, we'll be getting jeeps 12 and I'm guessing 29 (or instead maybe 18?). I'm wondering if I'll be able to somehow edit those numbers in post production when making stop motions with the sets. 

Looks like the visitor center will have no exterior wall, just the interior playset. And the dimensions seem small. I'll have to see it to know what to think about it. 

Finally, this sounds like confirmation that brachiosaurus IS moulded, yayy! Interested to see the whole tree build. It does sadly seem that brachi is quite downsized tho. But compared to a T. Rex 27cm long and 24 cm tall, while not accurate, seems like enough to convey the size difference. But 6cm wide??? That is super skinny! To me, already giga seems one stud too thin. Unless the given measurement is just the body width, without the legs attached, but that's doubtful. Again, I'll have to see it before making a judgement, but this is super exciting stuff! 

29 minutes ago, Dilox said:

Two Alans sounds fine, but three Ellies seems like too much.

For me, it depends on whether or not the three will be distinct variations. For instance, if they give us regular Ellie, raincoat Ellie, and then battle damaged Ellie, I'm all for 3 Ellies.

If it's 3 identical Ellies it will be a waste.

The only wish I had for this wave was for a cheap classic Jurassic Park Jeep I can display on my Speed Champions shelf, and I'm just a teensy bit worried it's going to end up undersized.

Hearing that 76958 comes with a jungle build and some accessories isn't a particularly great sign. I think as many of those 211 pieces as possible need to go into the jeep in order to reach that magical Speed Champions scale.

The set being 6+ usually isn't too good of a sign either, but I guess it's better to wait and see than to preemptively disappoint myself! The new Indiana Jones fighter plane set is only 8+ and the car in it looks awesome, so here's to hoping!

The minifig selection is not as exciting as I was hoping for, especially since they have omitted Gennaro AGAIN. Granted (:tongue:), he is mostly known for his funny death scene, which may factor in, but still. At least Muldoon is likely coming in the Clever Girl set!