Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Well, I actually likes new raptor molds. I don’t mind them. But i thin you mi s understand me. I was not very sure if a raptor body can be used for a t-rex teenage… 

And I am entirely sure it won´t. ;) I mean they are just too different. As for the moulds, I kinda like the beta one. But I like the old Raptor moulds better than the new ones. I mean I think there is a reason they still use the old one for Blue. It is just so much better in playability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

And I am entirely sure it won´t. ;) I mean they are just too different. As for the moulds, I kinda like the beta one. But I like the old Raptor moulds better than the new ones. I mean I think there is a reason they still use the old one for Blue. It is just so much better in playability. 

Agreed.

Although original raptor mold is way oversized next to minifigure, I agree that it’s note playable.  But I like new raptor molds form last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Agreed.

Although original raptor mold is way oversized next to minifigure, I agree that it’s note playable.  But I like new raptor molds form last year.

Well given the Raptors in the movies are already pretty oversized, I don´t really care about that. Though I don´t see why they couldn´t have done the same mould with movable parts just not that big ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2023 at 1:06 PM, Black Falcon said:

Well given the Raptors in the movies are already pretty oversized, I don´t really care about that. Though I don´t see why they couldn´t have done the same mould with movable parts just not that big ;)

Exactly what Lego should have done with the Atrociraptors. Hell, I saw a knockoff company do something like that once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is this new Lego Jurassic Park animated special coming out? Also it says that its an unofficial retelling but its been posted by the Jurassic World instagram account as well as Peacock (a streaming service thats hosting this), does anyone have any more information about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2023 at 12:48 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

What is this new Lego Jurassic Park animated special coming out? Also it says that its an unofficial retelling but its been posted by the Jurassic World instagram account as well as Peacock (a streaming service thats hosting this), does anyone have any more information about this?

I don’t know anything about that animated speical stuff but i wonder if one unknown set would be relating to that animation? I doubt it becuase we just got Jurasic Park sets this year so…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lion King said:

I don’t know anything about that animated speical stuff but i wonder if one unknown set would be relating to that animation? I doubt it becuase we just got Jurasic Park sets this year so…

Yeah nah, it would be interesting to see, my best bet for that baby dinosaur rescue centre, is that it's based off that (Legos own random creation), or based off of Dominions DFW scene.

But just cause we got classic jurassic last year doesnt mean we cant get them again, i mean technically we got one last year as well lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2023 at 5:40 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah nah, it would be interesting to see, my best bet for that baby dinosaur rescue centre, is that it's based off that (Legos own random creation), or based off of Dominions DFW scene.

But just cause we got classic jurassic last year doesnt mean we cant get them again, i mean technically we got one last year as well lol

I think they will do a make-up set but we shall see.

I still find the Jurassic Park diorama strange to be released along with Dominion last year. whatever their reason, I am so glad we got the original Jurasic Park sets this year. 

I would be delighted if we get another wave next year. It means more dinosaurus for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2023 at 10:18 PM, Lion King said:

I think they will do a make-up set but we shall see.

I still find the Jurassic Park diorama strange to be released along with Dominion last year. whatever their reason, I am so glad we got the original Jurasic Park sets this year. 

I would be delighted if we get another wave next year. It means more dinosaurus for us. 

Well another possibility is that there could be a new Jurassic World show all together, i have seen rumours around but im not too sure how trustworthy they are, and god if these janurary sets are camp cretaceous, i hope we dont get those weird Spinoceratops' lmao 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Well another possibility is that there could be a new Jurassic World show all together, i have seen rumours around but im not too sure how trustworthy they are, and god if these janurary sets are camp cretaceous, i hope we dont get those weird Spinoceratops' lmao 😂

Another show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, dont take my words 100% because im not even sure if i believe what i saw but at the same time, theres no way Universal will just stop producing content for s franchise that returns them generously, so hopefully we can get something beautiful, perhaps adventures of the jurassic world lol (and by that i mean basically that dinotrackers website haha)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah, dont take my words 100% because im not even sure if i believe what i saw but at the same time, theres no way Universal will just stop producing content for s franchise that returns them generously, so hopefully we can get something beautiful, perhaps adventures of the jurassic world lol (and by that i mean basically that dinotrackers website haha)

I think I did hear that a live-action Jurasic World tv show some years ago but there is no solid information on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lion King said:

I think I did hear that a live-action Jurasic World tv show some years ago but there is no solid information on it. 

Yeah, something like that, but perhaps if thats in the works and we could be getting some sets based off of that? It'd be cool, hopefully we are getting another wave later in 2024 alongside the january ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah, something like that, but perhaps if thats in the works and we could be getting some sets based off of that? It'd be cool, hopefully we are getting another wave later in 2024 alongside the january ones

I hope we get a later wave as well. My assumption is that the theme is making enough money to justify more sets, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Rumors for any potential summer sets probably wouldn't drop for another couple of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

I hope we get a later wave as well. My assumption is that the theme is making enough money to justify more sets, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Rumors for any potential summer sets probably wouldn't drop for another couple of months.

Agreed, summer wave rumors usually turn up in January or February. 2022 and 223 waves were released in April but I doubt we would see another wave in spring after the January wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah righto, thank you for that info guys, i suppose that isnt too bad, best of luck that is the case in which we can hopefully get a stegosaurus lol! But yeah nah, what, would you all expect to see this year if we get more sets hypothetically?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant watch it at the moment, but Swrve posted a video about an Allosaurus render for a new animated Jurassic World show, isnt that a funny coincidence lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2023 at 9:19 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

Ah righto, thank you for that info guys, i suppose that isnt too bad, best of luck that is the case in which we can hopefully get a stegosaurus lol! But yeah nah, what, would you all expect to see this year if we get more sets hypothetically?

Your signature suggests that you never give up on Stegosaurus until you get it at last! The Lost World set would be perfect for Stegosaurus and her baby along with Sarah and Ian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lion King said:

Your signature suggests that you never give up on Stegosaurus until you get it at last! The Lost World set would be perfect for Stegosaurus and her baby along with Sarah and Ian. 

Haha of course! It is my favourite dinosaur and i desire it in Lego form lol, im surprised we still havent gotten it yet to be honest lol, but that would probably be my dream set!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lion King said:

Your signature suggests that you never give up on Stegosaurus until you get it at last! The Lost World set would be perfect for Stegosaurus and her baby along with Sarah and Ian. 

Literally the set I’ve been dreaming about for so long. TLW has to be one of my favorites. Crazy how we got dinosaurs like Stygimoloch, pyroraptor, therizinosaur, etc. before such an authentic creature like the Stego. No to mention the absence of a molded Parasaurolophus aswell. What baffles me the most is they’ve got the most beautiful designs for them in the Lego game but they don’t really utilize them. I’m guessing the sticker in the Visitor center set is teasing something. Really hope this theme won’t die and becomes similar in consistency to SW and HP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new rumored sets don't interest me at all, but If the Baby Dinosaur Rescue Center comes with a new baby t-rex mould, then I'd get really excited.

The reasons why that is should be pretty obvious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mantax said:

The new rumored sets don't interest me at all, but If the Baby Dinosaur Rescue Center comes with a new baby t-rex mould, then I'd get really excited.

I don’t know if they will reuse Atrociraptor body as a baby T-rex (ignoring sickle toes). But I’m ve interested in new dinosaur babies. I have been waiting for baby versions for Pteranodon, T-rex, and some more.  We already hae a few existing babies:

Velociraptor baby - checked

Ankylosaurus baby - checked

Triceratops baby - checked 

Do I forget somethin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2023 at 11:28 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

I cant watch it at the moment, but Swrve posted a video about an Allosaurus render for a new animated Jurassic World show, isnt that a funny coincidence lol

if you only care about Lego don’t read this part lol
Swrve is just your typical click bait YouTuber. He literally starts off that video by saying “poor me I spent ages making these two videos but they performed so badly, please go watch them x” - he comes off like he has a superiority complex and deserves everything.

I used to be a really big fan of him. His content was unique and interesting. He was really good a few years back, but since Dominion released, he’s just been creating theories from whatever he can find, and then pulling a video together treating it as fact. He’ll draw his own conclusions and then throw around buzz words like CONFIRMED and EXCLUSIVE just to try get revenue.

The Alosaurus is literally just new merchandise they’re releasing (you know, like every company does), and he’s throwing around that it confirms new details for an animated series? He jumps to the most illogical conclusions and doesn’t take things logically. If this was a new design for an animated series, it would leak as a LQ image first, not HQ direct from Mattel. 

I wouldn’t take anything he says as factual or evidence towards anything, and I certainly wouldn’t correlate that to Lego. He knows people are hungry for what’s next for the JP franchise, so he’ll do whatever he can to make content on that to get some coin

if you’re here for the Lego start reading from here
I’m not an insider by any means, but I am someone with autism who will literally OBSESS over stuff I’m interested in, one of those being Jurassic park. So this is currently what’s (supposed) the works and how that could relate to LEGO

There is no live action series in the works. One of as announced in mid 2020, but from what I know, that got outright cancelled, or merged into Camp Cretaceous.

There IS at least one animated series in production, if not 2. One is called “Jurassic Park Explorers” that’s meant to aimed at children. I believe this one is coming out this year (or early 2024), and this is the one I wouldn’t be surprised is what the Q1 2024 Lego sets are based off. The fact one of these is under the working title of baby dinosaur rescue centre and a 4+ set make me think it’s connected to this series

tps://jurassicoutpost.com/it-appears-a-new-jurassic-world-animated-series-is-inbound/

As for the second series, that one isn’t believed to debut until mid 2024 at the earliest. They have had casting calls for the series which

 

 will feature a character named Sydney who is missing an arm from a dinosaur attack. 

Casting started around mid 2022. Typically, voice actors record their lines before animation starts.

For reference, Camp Cretaceous started production in 2017, I believe casting was late 2018 / early 2019 and debuted mid 2020, so mid 2024 is on track with CC’s development cycle.

This is all just speculation, of course 

Edited by Bobdapeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobdapeach said:

There IS at least one animated series in production, if not 2. One is called “Jurassic Park Explorers” that’s meant to aimed at children. I believe this one is coming out this year (or early 2024), and this is the one I wouldn’t be surprised is what the Q1 2024 Lego sets are based off. The fact one of these is under the working title of baby dinosaur rescue centre and a 4+ set make me think it’s connected to this series

tps://jurassicoutpost.com/it-appears-a-new-jurassic-world-animated-series-is-inbound/

As for the second series, that one isn’t believed to debut until mid 2024 at the earliest. They have had casting calls for the series which

 

Thank you so much for the information, hopefully Lego will be able to do something with this.

Also, not really JW-related, but yall have seen what happened to just2good? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.