Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

76962: $24.99, 358 pieces

76965: $64.99, 420 pieces

76966: $89.99, 588 pieces

June 2024 releases, from maxbautde (posted by 1414falconfan)

1 hour ago, Time Dragon said:

76952 - 76955 Anyone know what happens to these set numbers. It's between the pyroraptor set and the trex breakout set.

Gaps like that are perfectly normal. You can find them in a lot of themes :laugh:

Only 3 sets? Interesting. Maybe they’re based on Chaos Theory?

4 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

76962: $24.99, 358 pieces

76965: $64.99, 420 pieces

76966: $89.99, 588 pieces

June 2024 releases, from maxbautde (posted by 1414falconfan)

Okay, I hope we will get a few new dinosaur molds! 

3 hours ago, Time Dragon said:

76962 feels a bit odd because its price to part ratio is high especially for this theme.

Does it? Compare it to 76964 (the T-rex fossil) and we got almost the same price per piece. So I would guess we will either see another buildable Fossil, which would be a likely guess - or they come up with a buildable skeleton or something (which I think is less likely). Given price and partnumber are quite a bit lower, I would expect something with less size, like a raptor maybe? Though it kinda feels hard to do that since less parts would basically also mean less details and certain parts like teeth could look to big. Well and aside from that I would have expected something more different from the T-Rex would be next, like the Triceratops - but for that one the part count seems to low - unless they only make the skull without the footprint.

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

Does it? Compare it to 76964 (the T-rex fossil) and we got almost the same price per piece. So I would guess we will either see another buildable Fossil, which would be a likely guess - or they come up with a buildable skeleton or something (which I think is less likely). 

You bring up a good point. It's probably won't have any big dinos.

Would love to be wrong.

Hell yeah! I'm so glad that we are getting more sets later this year, the couple sets that have released today are alright but weren't too exciting, hopefully these sets have some good builds, figures and dinosaurs! Stegosaurus pleasseee haha!

Tandnbricks seems to think the two more expensive sets look fun. Wondering if either will have new moulds? 🤞 

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Hell yeah! I'm so glad that we are getting more sets later this year, the couple sets that have released today are alright but weren't too exciting, hopefully these sets have some good builds, figures and dinosaurs! Stegosaurus pleasseee haha!

I am so glad that we are getting more sets too! But I’m not looking forward for figures. We will see more Owen and Claire figures for sure… I only care for dinosuaurs :) 

By the way, happy new year from USA!

I understand price to piece ratios arent a good indicator but, the ratios for the last two sets are quite extreme in my opinion, so hopefully that means there is something big and new! Im quite excited to know what it is!

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Um, you got the wrong account there :laugh_hard:

Fixed! Lol

Really hoping there is at least one new molded dino - recolours are fine for a new adult Anky for example but I'm really hoping this year's sets feel a bit more new and exciting then the year with just the recoloured Camp Cretaceous dinos. 

14 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Does it? Compare it to 76964 (the T-rex fossil) and we got almost the same price per piece. So I would guess we will either see another buildable Fossil, which would be a likely guess - or they come up with a buildable skeleton or something (which I think is less likely). Given price and partnumber are quite a bit lower, I would expect something with less size, like a raptor maybe? Though it kinda feels hard to do that since less parts would basically also mean less details and certain parts like teeth could look to big. Well and aside from that I would have expected something more different from the T-Rex would be next, like the Triceratops - but for that one the part count seems to low - unless they only make the skull without the footprint.

I wonder if it's possible to make a good-sized Triceratops skull for 358 pieces, one which could stand equal next to the Rex skull. Triceratops as the next fossil definitely makes sense - a raptor skull wouldn't be as distinctive and the only other really iconic skeleton I can think of would be a pterodactyl's, which would probably not look as good unless it is the whole skeleton. 

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Really hoping there is at least one new molded dino - recolours are fine for a new adult Anky for example but I'm really hoping this year's sets feel a bit more new and exciting then the year with just the recoloured Camp Cretaceous dinos. 

I wonder if it's possible to make a good-sized Triceratops skull for 358 pieces, one which could stand equal next to the Rex skull. Triceratops as the next fossil definitely makes sense - a raptor skull wouldn't be as distinctive and the only other really iconic skeleton I can think of would be a pterodactyl's, which would probably not look as good unless it is the whole skeleton. 

Pteranodon*

Im really hoping for a new ankylosaurus color scheme and maybe parasaurolophus, stegosaurus or apatosaurus in the 85$ set 

9 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Fingers crossed for a Ceratosaurus one day

Anything would be nice honestly, buy i have a feeling we might see the Allosaurus in one of those sets, hopefully the other 2 missing Atrociraptors as well lol

3 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Anything would be nice honestly, buy i have a feeling we might see the Allosaurus in one of those sets, hopefully the other 2 missing Atrociraptors as well lol

We will see! No set names yet but I know they will tell us about what dinosaurus we would have. Like “Trex Breakout” or “Baryonyx Ambush” etc. 

7 hours ago, Lion King said:

We will see! No set names yet but I know they will tell us about what dinosaurus we would have. Like “Trex Breakout” or “Baryonyx Ambush” etc. 

Yeah haha, well hopefully we get more info soon, im dyibg at the bit for it lol!

On 1/2/2024 at 2:08 AM, Lion King said:

@Clone OPatra

when will you make a new thread for this? It’s 2024 now. 

I've been away (non online life, y'know). I'll be setting them all up soon.