Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm afraid that you're just going to have to not get all of them. Probably drop the Dilophosaurus Ambush to make it more affordable...

Man, now you're starting to sound like my wife.. :cry_sad:

I'm surprisingly more looking forward to the vehicles than the dinosaurs. The Roberta T-rex, a couple different Triceratops, a couple of JP Velociraptors and several Dilophosaurus, both oversized and more to scale, are already in my collection. I'm very much looking forward to the Brachiosaurus but I'm prepared for it to be a bit undersized. 

But I've been looking forward to a Jeep (or two!) for ages as well as a Ford Explorer since I passed on 76956 (I knew the separate vehicle would get a release eventually but maybe not this soon).

It's already been mentioned but it will not be much of a surprise if Grant has the new Indy hat/hair combo but now having seen the new Indy minifigure I'm not enamoured with it. But I am looking forward to seeing if Malcolm gets a recoloured black hair piece since the one they've used before is not ideal. I was thinking the Jerry Seinfeld mullet or maybe the new Obi Wan hair from the Disney+ series.   

1 hour ago, Time Dragon said:

The way the descriptions said shaving cream can and not Barbasol can makes me think it won't be a printed piece. Fingers crossed.

The shaving cream can has been in 75936 already, I can't imagine it being printed in 75958.

edit: Also in 75932.

There's a bit of disappoint there's no Gennaro but considering these are toys aimed at children I can't imagine they'll be much disappointment from kids that there's no random lawyer figure in 76960.

Unless there's a Gennaro and toilet cubicle build in an upcoming polybag, Lego loves doing JW polybags :P

Edited by rebelpilot

7 minutes ago, rebelpilot said:

The shaving cream can has been in 75936 already, I can't imagine it being printed in 75958.

It's also in 75932 next to the cold storage

This is the sticker I made for it.

Screenshot_20230223-225125.png

The following is a compilation of what information I can find, most of it comes from a translation of the Promobricks link provided by SketchBrick and the descriptions provided by Lego_Minecraft_Goat. I have removed what to me sounds speculative, filler, or confirmed in a description.
Release date for all is June 1, 2023

Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary
76957: The Velociraptor Escape [4+] (35€, 137 pcs)
US $35 , €37.99 German?
Minifigures: 2 (Both Unknown but probably Muldoon and a workman)
Description:
Inspired by a classic scene from Jurassic Park, this LEGO Jurassic World Velociraptor Escape  set has a dinosaur enclosure with a tower, a function of escape and a winch to lower the food to the velociraptor. The set also includes a buildable off-road vehicle, 2 minifigures and accessories for creative play. Dinosaur tower and enclosure, inspired by the Jurassic Park movie, stands over 6” (17cm) tall,
Observations:
The set looks only slightly similar to the enclosure in the film. The two-story observation tower is built, which, however, is open at the front and back and is more like two arches placed one on top of the other, and only one side of the enclosure wall. Part of the wall can also fall over to simulate the Raptor's escape. The observation tower roof features a 2×2 circular tile with the Jurassic Park logo, as well as a small winch to lower a basket of dino food into the enclosure. Additionally, on the ground floor of the tower there is a small nest with an egg and a quad that fits a minifigure.

76958: The Dilophosaurus Ambush [6+] (20€, 211 pcs)
US $20 , €26.99 German?
Minifigures: 1  (Dennis Nedry)
Description:
A classic Jurassic Park scene, it includes a dilophosaurus and buildable Jurassic Park Jeep, with a seat for Dennis Nedry, a muddy minifigure and a dinosaur footprint. The set also includes a mini jungle build with a panel that the Jeep smashes into like in the movie, and a bottle of shaving foam.
Observations:
This set is based on Dennis Nedry's escape and subsequent death at the hands of the Dilophosaurus. Dennis Nedry will likely be a similar, if not the same, figure that appeared in 2019's 75936 Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage , complete with turning face with the dinosaur's venom. The Jeep Wrangler is eight-stud wide with a roof its similar in size to the Speed Champions vehicles. There is also a very rudimentary sidebuild showing the signpost to the east dock surrounded by some plant elements.

76959: The Search for the Triceratops [8+] (50€, 281 pcs)
US $50 , €52.99 German?
Minifigures: 2 (Ellie Sattler, Ian Malcolm)
Description:
This set includes a Jurassic Park Ford Explorer rich in authentic detail, with on-board navigation to search for dinosaurs and seating for Dr. Ellie Sattler and Ian Malcolm. The set also includes a poseable triceratops, buildable dinosaur poo containing poisonous berries, and a shovel that lets kids role-play the famous Jurassic Park scene that inspired this set. Observations:
The pile is made of brown slopes and cheese wedges. The Ford Explorer is similar to the one that was in 76956 T. Rex Breakout, its largely identical in construction, but there are also tiny differences such as missing wipers.

76959:  The Discovery of the Brachiosaurus [9+] (80€, 512 pcs)
US $80 ,  €84.99 German?
Minifigures: 3 (Dr Alan Grant, Dr Ellie Sattler, John Hammond)
Description:
Recreates the awe felt by Dr. Ellie Sattler and Dr. Alan Grant upon seeing a majestic Brachiosaurus for the first time. Included is an articulated brachiosaurus, the biggest LEGO dinosaur ever, plus a Jeep Wrangler for the 3 minifigures and a tree with a viewing platform and detachable leaves to "feed" the brachiosaurus. A brick-built Jeep Wrangler – Authentically detailed Jeep can accommodate all 3 standing or seated minifigures, as seen in the Jurassic Park scene when you first encounter the Brachiosaurus - Buildable Tree - The tree includes a viewing platform for the 3 minifigures and detachable leaves to 'feed' the Brachiosaurus. A warning sign is placed next to the tree - Brachiosaurus measures over 9” (24cm) high, 10” (27cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
Observations:
The Brachiosaurus consists of large molded parts for the head, neck, tail, body and legs. you can move the neck and tail to alow it to stand on its hind legs. The Jeep Wrangler has an open roof.
My Analysis:
The Brachiosaurus's measurements suggest it will be as long and wide as the t-rex, but almost twice as tall

76960: Visitor Center: Attack of the T. rex [12+] (120€, 693 pcs)
US $120 , €119.99 German?
Minifigures: 6 (Ellie Sattler, Alan Grant, Ray Arnold, Dr. Henry Wu, Lex Murphy, Tim Murphy)
Description:
Relive the awe-inspiring scenes of Jurassic Park with The LEGO Visitor Center: T. rex and Raptor Attack, The architecture of the center is reproduced in LEGO bricks and translucent panels adorned with dinosaur motifs separate the hall, the dining area and the lab. Place the T. rex skeleton in the entrance and bring down the banner with a press of a trigger during fights between the T. rex and the velociraptor. The set includes 6 minifigures with lots of playful accessories. the Visitor Center measures over 6” (16cm) high, 12” (32cm) wide and 6” (17cm) deep.
Observations:
A large T-Rex and a Raptor are included in this set.

So this might be obvious but the 4+ set will have only one raptor and the T-Rex one will have another? That does kinda make sense as I always thought of them as a pair in the film. 

I wonder then if they will have identical printing or slightly different changes between them. I think the closest comparison might be the the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom wave where the same Blue figure was included in two sets. 

Also I hope the T-Rex doesn't have the lip printing they have been using for Rexes in the last few years - it's a personal preference but I feel that it sticks out too much. 

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I wonder then if they will have identical printing or slightly different changes between them.

Also I hope the T-Rex doesn't have the lip printing they have been using for Rexes in the last few years 

I'm pretty sure they'll be very similar, but have differences. Maybe nougat+dark brown, like the kitchen raptor from JP 2018. That would give us all of Jurassic Park's raptors. 

In terms of Rexy I hope she has hip printing. To my knowledge, no T. rex ever had that since Dino 2012. And I find that disappointing 

a.jpg

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I wonder then if they will have identical printing or slightly different changes between them. I think the closest comparison might be the the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom wave where the same Blue figure was included in two sets. 

I have no problem if they want to make the raptor look slightly different, I hope they look good next to the one form the velocoraptor chase. I do however believe I heard somewhere that the raptors they made in the movie are identical despite the big one being the larger one.

I can’t wait to see more about Brachiosaurus! Its size doesn’t bother me at all - i would treat it as “teenage” Brachiosaurus, lol.

So I made a size comparision of existing dinos with brachi, and I'm a bit disappointed. The red one are the rumoured dimensions, while green is minifig scale. I hope the size turns out at least slightly larger. Maybe the link works: https://imgur.com/a/bL1NBoT Wanted to upload here, but can only attach up to 0.05MB size images XD.

Also it's supposedly "the biggest LEGO dinosaur ever", but it doesn't seem to beat the mutant T.rex.

Edited by Dilox

2 hours ago, Dilox said:

So I made a size comparision of existing dinos with brachi, and I'm a bit disappointed.

Personally, I think this scale works great! Sure, it’s not in scale with minifigs or other dinos, but that’s always the case with LEGO. I’m just glad we’ll finally have a Brachiosaurus. Can’t wait to see pictures of it :classic: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

42 minutes ago, Dilox said:

So I made a size comparision of existing dinos with brachi, and I'm a bit disappointed. The red one are the rumoured dimensions, while green is minifig scale. I hope the size turns out at least slightly larger. Maybe the link works: https://imgur.com/a/bL1NBoT Wanted to upload here, but can only attach up to 0.05MB size images XD.

Also it's supposedly "the biggest LEGO dinosaur ever", but it doesn't seem to beat the mutant T.rex.

Thats really cool, thank you for creating and sharing this!

Though personally, and similarly to Brickbob Studpants, I am not disappointed, i think we got the realistic best case scenario with this figure, and the size seems alright to me, it may not be perfectly in scale with the others but it never needed to be, i just hope it'll still be a cool figure with a decent colour scheme and print, btw it can stand on its hind legs apparently so it would be taller than that mutant t.rex lol, but anyways, nice work mate!! 

I really hope the brachiosaurus has a jaw piece, something in the indoraptor scale could work, but I don't want the brachi's head to be velocoraptor scale. I hope it looks good and hybrids well with the other dinosaurs.

1 minute ago, Time Dragon said:

I really hope the brachiosaurus has a jaw piece […]

Given that “feeding” it is advertised as a play feature, it’d better have a jaw piece :laugh_hard:

4 hours ago, Dilox said:

Thanks for making this! I agree with the others in that this is probably about as big as we can expect from LEGO unfortunately, but I still think it'll look really cool in relation to other dinos/figs :)

2 hours ago, Time Dragon said:

The Therizinosaurus had a jaw and it's a herbivore and so does the gali now that I think of it.

I hope that the Brachio's head will atleast be slightly bigger than the Theri one. A seperate neck piece is a must too.

I expect the brachiosaurus will be thicker then a normal t.rex probably 6 or 8 studs wide.

16 minutes ago, JLR said:

I expect the brachiosaurus will be thicker then a normal t.rex probably 6 or 8 studs wide.

At max it can only be 8 studs wide because that is 6cm which is as wide as the trex's feet according to the dimensions we have seen.

So I took the silhouette of the brachiosaurus from Dilox photo and scaled it to the correct dimensions and compared some parts, the hind legs are about the same size as the rex's legs and it's tail matches the brachi's pretty closely. I believe lego will make the head bigger as on the silhouette it's smaller than even the raptor's head.

35 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Do we know when the new sets will be released? April? May? June?

It's belived to be June 1.

44 minutes ago, Time Dragon said:

It's belived to be June 1.

Okay so we may see offical reveals approx one month prior to the release - hopefully.