Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Not at all 2023 news but it IS a 2023 friends hair piece being used for Kayla Watts. 

Custom Lego Kayla Watts

It’s so perfect

33 minutes ago, vstat05 said:

Not at all 2023 news but it IS a 2023 friends hair piece being used for Kayla Watts. 

Custom Lego Kayla Watts

It’s so perfect

Wow, that looks so much better! The background and scenery is stunning aswell. Glad you're back on eurobricks, always loved your content and posts, keep up the great work!

26 minutes ago, Csc167 said:

Do we know when these are supposed to come out?

All we know is that they are coming out in summer, but we can speculate that since this year there is no Jurassic content, like in 2019 and 2020, they will probably release in June or July, but JW has always been inconsistent with their releases.

EDIT: JJP confirmed the new wave is releasing in June.

Edited by CodFather1

52 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

All we know is that they are coming out in summer, but we can speculate that since this year there is no Jurassic content, like in 2019 and 2020, they will probably release in June or July, but JW has always been inconsistent with their releases.

EDIT: JJP confirmed the new wave is releasing in June.

Do we know when the set leaks/reveals will be? Like February or around that time?

Edited by StegoLover

11 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Do we know when the set leaks/reveals will be? Like February or around that time?

More like Late April/Early May. while in 2019 they were revealed in February, that was only because of a Toy Fair, so unless Toy Fairs become a big thing again, it is unlikely we will see them that early.

3 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

More like Late April/Early May. while in 2019 they were revealed in February, that was only because of a Toy Fair, so unless Toy Fairs become a big thing again, it is unlikely we will see them that early.

This year, NYTF is scheduled for September and the other two fairs don’t allow pictures. Even if they did, they now mostly have 1HY sets on display anyway. In short: don’t expect anything out of the toy fairs this year (or ever again, for that matter) :snicker:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This year, NYTF is scheduled for September and the other two fairs don’t allow pictures. Even if they did, they now mostly have 1HY sets on display anyway. In short: don’t expect anything out of the toy fairs this year (or ever again, for that matter) :snicker:

Ah thats a shame, I suppose we'll just have to rely on leaks and reveals then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlsRFCu0LqE

This doesn't have anything to do with the upcoming wave but I just wanted to share this amazing video showing a JW moc based of Blue's squad raptor paddock.

It's really one of the best MOC's that i've ever seen which I recently discovered and I honestly think he deserves a raise and more recognision. Yes, he is spanish but it's worth the watch, all credits to him!

I haven't been on eurobricks for a while so i'm not up to date with the most recent news on the new JP/JW sets lol. Based off what I know from the rumors, I'm wondering if the new brachiosaurus is going to have all brand new pieces for the legs, body, neck, head, and tail. It's going to be really interesting to see since Lego doesn't like to create new pieces for their dinosaurs.

11 minutes ago, JLR said:

It's going to be really interesting to see since Lego doesn't like to create new pieces for their dinosaurs.

Since when? 

2 hours ago, JLR said:

It's going to be really interesting to see since Lego doesn't like to create new pieces for their dinosaurs.

We got multiple new dinosaur pieces in the Dominion wave of sets 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Maple said:

Since when? 

I think he means that Lego will always try to look for ways to reuse any pieces for new dinosaurs if they can so they don’t have to make new ones, for budget reasons obviously. But, I do think the Brachio will be an exception because of it’s proportions and mass, so it might be one of the few to have all-new molds

Edited by StegoLover

Idk if it's unnecessary, but I just noticed that Dustin's hat-hairpiece from the Lego stranger things set would have looked absolutely perfect on Josh (the gyrosphere operator guy) from the 2020 Indo vs Anky set, for if they would ever remake that set in someway or make that character return lol

Bricker - Part LEGO - 53980pb01 Minifigure, Hair Combo, Hair with Hat,  Bushy Hair with Blue Ball Cap with White Front and Red Bill Pattern

Jurassic World (2015)

It would look perfect if they recolored the piece

Hi new here.

So I have been trying to predict the new sets. I want to know what you guys think about this?

I counted the pieces of the rex from the t.rex breakout and got 404 pieces. if I use that as a rough guide for brick built dinosaurs it would leave 108 pieces left to add to the brachiosaurus to make up the size difference and still make a Jeep, Grant, Ellie, and Hammond. The latter three most likely will eat up 15 pieces, if you give Hammond his staff. So that's 93 pieces to work with and I don't think Lego can make a Jeep with that kind of piece budget.

6 hours ago, Time Dragon said:

Hi new here.

So I have been trying to predict the new sets. I want to know what you guys think about this?

I counted the pieces of the rex from the t.rex breakout and got 404 pieces. if I use that as a rough guide for brick built dinosaurs it would leave 108 pieces left to add to the brachiosaurus to make up the size difference and still make a Jeep, Grant, Ellie, and Hammond. The latter three most likely will eat up 15 pieces, if you give Hammond his staff. So that's 93 pieces to work with and I don't think Lego can make a Jeep with that kind of piece budget.

The Ford Explorer uses 238 bricks. I can see the Jeep being a 150 pieces build (no roof and shorter).

8 hours ago, hachiroku said:

The Ford Explorer uses 238 bricks. I can see the Jeep being a 150 pieces build (no roof and shorter).

Thanks for the estimate.

I tried to remove assumed parts to guess the remaining piece count.

Velociraptor Escape 137 pcs

raptor 8 pcs

Remaining 129 pcs

Dilophosaurus Ambush 211 pcs

juvenile dilo 2 pcs

Nedry 4 pcs

Jeep 150 pcs

soft top 10 pcs

dock sign ? pcs

Remaining 45 pcs

Search for the Triceratops 281 pcs

Lex 4 pcs

Tim 4 pcs

Grant 4 pcs

Ellie 4 pcs

Harding 4 pcs

Ian 4 pcs

Triceratops 6 pcs

Jeep 150 pcs

dung pile ? pcs

Remaining 101 pcs

Discovery of the Brachiosaurus 512 pcs

Jeep 150 pcs

Grant 4 pcs

Ellie 4 pcs

Hammond 7 pcs

Brachiosaurus ? pcs

Remaining 347 pcs

-Possible addition-

Genaro 4 pcs

Ian 4 pcs

2nd Jeep? 150 pcs

Remaining 189 pcs

Visitor Center: Attack of the T. rex 693 pcs

Rex 8 pcs

Lex 4 pcs

Tim 4 pcs

Grant 4 pcs

Ellie 4 pcs

Banner ? pcs

Interior build ? pcs

Remaining 669 

I think it's safe to say we won't be getting another tour vehicle this wave. Because the triceratops set is the only one I can imagine it could be in, and it's piece count is 281, if the Ford Explorer is 238 pieces like it was last time, that's 43 pieces for the triceratops and minifigs

I think there's a solid chance we do get the Ford Explorer in the Triceratops set. Lego loves doing dino/vehicle combo sets, and they probably expect the tour vehicles are a pretty popular design for kids and adults alike, especially given how well the 2022 diorama was received. They may not want to include the Jeep here as that is likely to be in two other sets already (dilophosaurus and brachiosaurus).

If we use the Dominion triceratops set as a reference - since it has a similar price tag - I think it's fair to expect a 238 piece tour vehicle alongside the trike, and probably 4ish minifigs. Since that leaves about 20 pieces or so, my guess would be a tiny sidebuild, maybe some foliage/fencing/accessories.

10 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

If we use the Dominion triceratops set as a reference - since it has a similar price tag - I think it's fair to expect a 238 piece tour vehicle alongside the trike, and probably 4ish minifigs. Since that leaves about 20 pieces or so, my guess would be a tiny sidebuild, maybe some foliage/fencing/accessories.

Ok, if you're right, which 4 minifigs do you think will be in the set? The characters in the scene are Dr.Harding, Grant, Ellie, Tim, Lex, Ian, and Genaro. I just rewatched the scene. I think fans will be a little disappointed if it doesn't come with a quote "big pile of shit".

I'm still hoping for a moulded brachiosaurus, but 512 pieces has me worried.
I think LEGO knows how much fans want a humongous sauropod mold? Just imagine the 4x4 (4x6?) studs on the back. 
They ARE capable of producing such big moulds. Just look at the 2005 Dino Attack mutant Rex. Interestingly, despite having a GIANT dino and mutant ptera, that set comes with 605 pcs. 
And every wave so far (except for 2021 due to unexpected Dominion postponement) has given us at least 2 new molds. (Dino-5; JW-2; JW:FK-4; Legend of Nublar-2; 2020-4; Dominion-6).
This year, the only new possible mold is brachi. It would make sense, that they produce one BIG figure instead of a couple smaller ones. Besides, the only new JP molds they could do are para and brachi, seeing as we have every other species from JP. And I'm quite certain para isn't happening this year.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting both a raptor ("the Big One") and T.rex in the largest set. I REALLY want a Gerry Harding minifig. He played such a big role in JP: The Game. Ed Regis would be nice too with the lovely pink shirt.

An idea. Something like a Star Wars battle pack would be amazing. A tiny set - Gallimimus, JP worker (pinkshirt) and a bush would be just ideal to make a flock.

Edited by Dilox

Yeah I really want a molded brachiosaurus. I made one out of cardboard using the game as a guide. I quickly learned that I needed to make it half scale, without the down scaling it would have been 10 in x 3 ft x 3 ft / 25.4 cm x 91.44 cm x 91.44 cm.

6 minutes ago, Time Dragon said:

without the down scaling it would have been 10 in x 3 ft x 3 ft / 25.4 cm x 91.44 cm x 91.44 cm.

Are you sure? In my experience minifig scale is about 1:43. Brachiosaurus being ~20m tall, equals a 46,5 cm (18,3 inches) tall figure. I think the game massively exaggerates the brachi. It's kaiju sized like the lovely mosa in JW films 

3 minutes ago, Dilox said:

Are you sure? In my experience minifig scale is about 1:43. Brachiosaurus being ~20m tall, equals a 46,5 cm (18,3 inches) tall figure. I think the game massively exaggerates the brachi. It's kaiju sized like the lovely mosa in JW films 

Well I tried to scale down the one from the game and it's been a while since I made it. Your measurement fits pretty well to my cardboard one. the 10 in x 3 ft x 3 ft / 25.4 cm x 91.44 cm x 91.44 cm is more a rough guess based on trying to measure the one in game.

But to be honest it's hard to be sure on something like this.

11 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

I think there's a solid chance we do get the Ford Explorer in the Triceratops set. Lego loves doing dino/vehicle combo sets, and they probably expect the tour vehicles are a pretty popular design for kids and adults alike, especially given how well the 2022 diorama was received. They may not want to include the Jeep here as that is likely to be in two other sets already (dilophosaurus and brachiosaurus).

(Long post ahead). The Ford Explorer being included in the Trike set is of course a good assumption, but just to remind that the Ford Explorer was incredibly detailed in last years JP set and is an 18+ build, and they'd have to scale it down for the set which wouldn't do it justice at all. I'd see the rest of the pieces being sidebuilds, like trees, rocks and a possible (detailed) fence which obviously wasn't directly shown in the movie but was in the game, but that probably doesn't mean its canon? Idk. What I'd really like to see being in it is the most famous big pile of shit, that would be hilarious 

1 hour ago, Time Dragon said:

Ok, if you're right, which 4 minifigs do you think will be in the set? The characters in the scene are Dr.Harding, Grant, Ellie, Tim, Lex, Ian, and Genaro. I just rewatched the scene. I think fans will be a little disappointed if it doesn't come with a quote "big pile of shit".

Yes, I'd like that too as well, but those quote piece only come in few 18+ diorama sets so that isn't happening, maybe it could be somehow put into the building instuctions itself when you finish builing it. In my opinion the best combination of minifigs would be Harding, Grant, Ellie (with dual-modled arms for gloves) and Ian. It's really eird to me that Gennaro was absent in the T. Rex Breakout set as a fifth minifig in the first place

1 hour ago, Dilox said:

They ARE capable of producing such big moulds. Just look at the 2005 Dino Attack mutant Rex. Interestingly, despite having a GIANT dino and mutant ptera, that set comes with 605 pcs. 

This year, the only new possible mold is brachi. It would make sense, that they produce one BIG figure instead of a couple smaller ones. Besides, the only new JP molds they could do are para and brachi, seeing as we have every other species from JP. And I'm quite certain para isn't happening this year.

An idea. Something like a Star Wars battle pack would be amazing. A tiny set - Gallimimus, JP worker (pinkshirt) and a bush would be just ideal to make a flock.

I really like your callback to the Dino attack theme and I agree

Maybe if they choose to make waves based on the other movies from the first trilogy, we may be seeing like in 2024 a wave based on TLW with a dinosaur chase set with the InGen hunters and a Parasaurolophus, I think that would fit perfectly, and maybe a (18+?) set of Ian and Sarah's discovery of the Stegosauri

Just imagine a battle pack with Dieter Stark desperately trying to escape from a pack of Compsognathus :jollyroger: