Clone OPatra

Jurassic Park/World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Jurassic World 2023 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Jurassic World & Park discussion throughout 2023--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Jurassic World discussion. 

Enjoy! 

2023 Jurassic Park sets:

76957: The Velociraptor Escape [4+] (35€, 137 pcs)

76958: The Dilophosaurus Ambush (20€, 211 pcs)

76959: The Search for the Triceratops (50€, 281 pcs)

76959:  The Discovery of the Brachiosaurus (80€, 512 pcs)

76960: Visitor Center: Attack of the T. rex [12+, NOT 18+] (120€, 693 pcs)

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

76960 not being a diorama after all is quite a surprising development! Wonder what it‘ll look like with a low piece count like that :shrug_oh_well:

I guess instead of detailed builds it would just have a larhe flat piece for like a wall with stickers, that could go for the fossil door etc, i am very intrigued to see this wave

What's interesting to me is the relatively high piece counts of 76959, which seems to pretty much confirm that the brachiosaurus is at least partially brickbuild. The dilophosaurus ambush seems to present amazing value for something containing a relatively large animal, and the search for the Triceratops is about what is to be expected for a trike set. The piece count on the visitor's centre is extremely disappointing though, I would have liked for it to have had at least 200 pieces more, so we could have a decent interior.

I wonder what all the sets are going to look like. 

Velociraptor Escape: Muldoon, a generic worker, and a single Velociraptor with a cage and some scenery

Dilophosaurus Ambush: Nedry and a Dilophosaurus with a grey-and-red Jurassic Park car, and perhaps some scenery

Search for the Triceratops: Ellie, Ian, Gennaro, a generic worker (not sure about those, as all the main characters appear in this scene), and a Triceratops with... a big pile of dung? (no idea what they could include honestly, for 50€ at that)

Discovery of the Brachiosaurus: Alan, Ellie, Ian, Hammond, and a Brachiosaurus with another grey-and red car (I guess?), and probably a lot of scenery (with at least one tall tree)

The Visitor Center: Alan, Ellie, Lex, Tim, T. rex, and a Velociraptor with the Visitor Center (not sure how good it'll look tho, definitely just the façade)

Not to be a party pooper, but come to think of it, has it actually been confirmed that all of the sets are going to be based on the first JP movie? I mean 76960 undoubtedly is, and while some of the other names suggest that as well, others are pretty generic :laugh: It would totally make sense for all of them to be based on JP to celebrate the anniversary, but TLG work in mysterious ways sometimes :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

47 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not to be a party pooper, but come to think of it, has it actually been confirmed that all of the sets are going to be based on the first JP movie? I mean 76960 undoubtedly is, and while some of the other names suggest that as well, others are pretty generic :laugh: It would totally make sense for all of them to be based on JP to celebrate the anniversary, but TLG work in mysterious ways sometimes :tongue:

From Promobricks:

After completing the storyline of the Jurassic World trilogy last year, the Jurassic Park franchise celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2023. LEGO is releasing several sets based on the first film to mark the anniversary.

Well, seems it has by multiple websites since like a month :jollyroger:

Edited by StegoLover

59 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

LEGO is releasing several sets based on the first film to mark the anniversary.

Well, that statement would still be true if one or two sets were not based on JP :tongue: I’m not saying they aren’t, but we’ve seen some pretty wild stuff from this theme :laugh:

If I were to hazard some guesses. The Velociraptor set will feature the open roof car (the one they escape the T-Rex in), the Dilophosaurus set will be the Nedry scene, but include the newer, smaller Dilophosaurus mould. The Triceratops set will feature a tour car. Not sure about the brachiosaurus set, they’re just in the same cars as Nedry would have, so maybe the build is the body of the Brachiosaurus and a big tree? The Visitor centre will be a very thin facade, and I’m betting will include Rexy and a Raptor, leading to the bonus of getting all 3 Raptors if you’ve collected all the JP sets they’ve done

I'm hoping we see the Dilophosaurus with updated printing, and am curious if they will make a "smaller" Velociraptor piece (around the same size as the atrociraptors) or if they will stick to the same huge scale as before (I'll collect them either way; I have a bit of a raptor obsession with this theme)

23 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

I'm hoping we see the Dilophosaurus with updated printing, and am curious if they will make a "smaller" Velociraptor piece (around the same size as the atrociraptors) or if they will stick to the same huge scale as before (I'll collect them either way; I have a bit of a raptor obsession with this theme)

I too wish we get a smaller Velociraptor mold

Based on the piece count and price, I’m not sure if Brachiosaurus will be a brick-built dinosaur? It may not be enough to build a large sauropod if there are one Jeep and one tree included.  

22 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I too wish we get a smaller Velociraptor mold

Same here

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Based on the piece count and price, I’m not sure if Brachiosaurus will be a brick-built dinosaur? It may not be enough to build a large sauropod if there are one Jeep and one tree included.  

Same here

Apparently it's moulded (every dinosaur in this wave is).

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you have a source to provide credibility for that? Personally as an educated guess, i reckon that ~200 pieces will be allocated for a jeep anf the remainder for the bulk of the brachiosaurus with moulding for things like its head and maybe neck and legs, but thats just me personally

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I sure hope so, mostly for the sake of consistency. I don’t mind hybrid builds like the Avatar creatures, but it’d very weird if the Brachio ended up being the only hybrid in the entire theme :wacko:

I sure hope so, mostly for the sake of consistency. I don’t mind hybrid builds like the Avatar creatures, but it’d very weird if the Brachio ended up being the only hybrid in the entire theme :wacko:

Yeah, i hope so too, though i suppose if the Brachiosaurus is a brickbuilt and mould hybrid, other species such as the Apatosaurus or Mosasaurus could follow a similar style, though for the Mosasaurus it should probably be moulded in case kids put it in water, it'd stay together better, although the avatar sets you've mentioned oppose my thoughts there lol, guess we'll see though it would be really nice if it were fully moulded

I think molded and brick-built hybrid may make sense for Brachiosaurus but personally, I prefer it as a fully molded dinosaur.!

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think molded and brick-built hybrid may make sense for Brachiosaurus but personally, I prefer it as a fully molded dinosaur.!

I think everyone would prefer it that way, if only for the sake of consistency with the rest of the theme, but that uncharacteristically good Price to Part Ratio seems to seal the deal on that front. I think that we can expect the same for the inevitable Mosasaurus, but at least there happening, which was in severe doubt beforehand.

6 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

I think everyone would prefer it that way, if only for the sake of consistency with the rest of the theme, but that uncharacteristically good Price to Part Ratio seems to seal the deal on that front. I think that we can expect the same for the inevitable Mosasaurus, but at least there happening, which was in severe doubt beforehand.

Yeah, i dont know who would prefer a brickbuilt hybrid lol, though it is unfortunate that it seems thats the case

Although comparing the price to piece ratios to the dilophosaurus set for example (also just rounding these numbers), 200 pieces for $20 would give us that jeep and figures, maybe if we are lucky a small mud side build with the barbasol can and an east dock sign or something, we'll see, whereas the brachiosaurus set has 500 pieces for $80 (so only 2 and a half times more pieces for 4 times the price), i suppose it is still possible for some new large molds, perhaps the head, legs, neck and tail? 

Also! I was thinking about the visitors centre set, perhaps the disappointingly low piece count and highish price could mean larger pieces for like the bulky parts of the structure, kinda like what the juniors sets are like, and then we could have hundreds of pieces spared for detailed builds around, of course the T.rex and Velociraptor(/s) would cost a bit, but I'm not too sure, is this plausible in any way?

3 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah, i dont know who would prefer a brickbuilt hybrid lol, though it is unfortunate that it seems thats the case

Although comparing the price to piece ratios to the dilophosaurus set for example (also just rounding these numbers), 200 pieces for $20 would give us that jeep and figures, maybe if we are lucky a small mud side build with the barbasol can and an east dock sign or something, we'll see, whereas the brachiosaurus set has 500 pieces for $80 (so only 2 and a half times more pieces for 4 times the price), i suppose it is still possible for some new large molds, perhaps the head, legs, neck and tail? 

If the Brachio really were to be a hybrid and have large molded pieces they probably all should be new ones, like I said I just don't see Lego reusing any molds from past dinosaurs because of his humongous size, and if it would be all-bricktbuilt, I'd feel like we've all been trolled by Lego... I'm just hoping for atleast a new head mold.

I've seen lots of fanmade Dilo set mocs across the internet; I think the ideal one would be Nedry with maybe some mud printing, like on the figs from last years (yes 2022) JP set, a jeep wrangler ( maybe some mud stickers aswell), a very small tree surrounded by some mud with the sign next to it, and maybe the newer Dilo mold but with exclusive updated printing, like the frills being red and yellow, and a more darker tone of green, although that could be a little too much for a 20$ set hahaha

4 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Also! I was thinking about the visitors centre set, perhaps the disappointingly low piece count and highish price could mean larger pieces for like the bulky parts of the structure, kinda like what the juniors sets are like, and then we could have hundreds of pieces spared for detailed builds around, of course the T.rex and Velociraptor(/s) would cost a bit, but I'm not too sure, is this plausible in any way?

What's also weird about the low piece count of the visitors centre is the 12+ rating with such a low piece count. Usually they reserve that for sets with mostly small pieces, like the new Christmas Tree. The fact they are doing it for a set with such a low piece count that simultaneously has to cover so much ground is perplexing to me.

4 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I think this makes the most sense. The Visitor's Center is still under construction in the movie, so there's a lot of blank walls and windows, so large panel and window pieces making up most of the structure would make sense. I imagine the more complicated, part intensive, builds will be the fossils, rocks, stairs and railing. I'm thinking we'll just get the interior rotunda from the building with a plastic banner to drape across the front of it to recreate the final scene with the T-rex.

7 hours ago, StegoLover said:

If the Brachio really were to be a hybrid and have large molded pieces they probably all should be new ones, like I said I just don't see Lego reusing any molds from past dinosaurs because of his humongous size, and if it would be all-bricktbuilt, I'd feel like we've all been trolled by Lego... I'm just hoping for atleast a new head mold.

I've seen lots of fanmade Dilo set mocs across the internet; I think the ideal one would be Nedry with maybe some mud printing, like on the figs from last years (yes 2022) JP set, a jeep wrangler ( maybe some mud stickers aswell), a very small tree surrounded by some mud with the sign next to it, and maybe the newer Dilo mold but with exclusive updated printing, like the frills being red and yellow, and a more darker tone of green, although that could be a little too much for a 20$ set hahaha

I believe everything you've said as I also believe that to be the case lol, I am excited to see this new wave, this could possibly be the best wave Lego has ever created for the Jurassic World theme, but we'll have to see lol

Also, perhaps the Triceratops set comes with a fence? Maybe thats what the mysterious build is haha

7 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

What's also weird about the low piece count of the visitors centre is the 12+ rating with such a low piece count. Usually they reserve that for sets with mostly small pieces, like the new Christmas Tree. The fact they are doing it for a set with such a low piece count that simultaneously has to cover so much ground is perplexing to me.

Hmm, good point, I'm not too knowledgable about Lego too far outside of the Jurassic World theme, so things like this are oblivious to me lol, so thank you for mentioning this because now its very compelling, or well, perplexing as you so put it lol

I'm not sure how it'll be pulled off if it can't use bigger pieces for the bulk of the structure but as you said, Lego has to follow the rules so, as a 12+ set, it usually would need to be made of generally smaller pieces? This set is so weird lol, i just hope it turns out ok, i am very intruiged to see this, although i guess that goes for like all of the sets lol

7 hours ago, strangely said:

I think this makes the most sense. The Visitor's Center is still under construction in the movie, so there's a lot of blank walls and windows, so large panel and window pieces making up most of the structure would make sense. I imagine the more complicated, part intensive, builds will be the fossils, rocks, stairs and railing. I'm thinking we'll just get the interior rotunda from the building with a plastic banner to drape across the front of it to recreate the final scene with the T-rex.

That would be the best scenario I think, for the low piece count restriction anyways, but as I've said before, i only hope it turns out well, hopefully we can find out soon, i am very excited for this wave