Izzynufc-2

Super Mario 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

Oh man this could go two very different ways...

Hopefully Minifigures or a Lego Super Mario video game?

Or this would be a minifig thing (where so many people are waiting for) or maybe a more diorama kinda thing with a brickbuild mario, or maybe mario brickheadz?

One thing I could think of a "Big Reveal" would be sets related to The Super Mario Bros. Movie , which has an April release date.

Edited by TeriXeri

23 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

One thing I could think of a "Big Reveal" would be sets related to The Super Mario Bros. Movie , which has an April release date.

If movie sets were a thing, we would've heard about them ages ago. And releasing sets four months after its debut wouldn't make much sense. Let alone eight, since the movie was initially scheduled for last December :laugh:

3 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Hopefully Minifigures or a Lego Super Mario video game?

No way they do a Super Mario videogame.

Like there is exactly 0 chance Nintendo lets TT do a game with the Mario IP.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Without a doubt. Plus, what’s the point of a Lego Mario game when the whole course builder system exists in the first place? It just seems redundant. Although to be honest I’m shocked we haven’t had a sequel to Odyssey yet, I do hope that another Mario title is in the pipeline from Nintendo.

Fingers crossed for minifigure scaled sets being announced, that’ll finally get me into collecting this theme. I feel like the course builder system has had a good run, and there is no doubt a sizeable wing of potential fans waiting for minifigures to enter the fray.

Edited by Kaijumeister

On 3/2/2023 at 11:19 PM, PGBQW said:

You never know though, they could be doing it as we currently speaking

48 minutes ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

You never know though, they could be doing it as we currently speaking

I mean, sure.

I guess if we were to get a Lego Mario game it would be developed by a different company. Mario is Nintendo's mascot, so they'd want a developer closer to them, especially considering TT's track record.

First time in a while I’ve been excited for something Lego Mario related. Have they ever done a special presentation like this devoted to an already existing theme?

They wouldn't do a big reveal like this for one set when the rest of the summer wave has yet to be revealed as well, would they? :look:

I’m trying to temper my expectations but can’t lie, feeling very excited with all this anticipation from Lego! Despite my best efforts I’m starting to genuinely think we’ll get System-scaled sets this summer.

Mildly off-topic but I built the ? Block over the weekend and justâ€Ĥwow. Brilliant set in concept and execution. As someone who grew up with Super Mario 64 DS, it was lovely to recognise the various details from the 4 levels despite the high level of abstraction offered by the mini dioramas.

Welp dry bowser with his castle is coming but it’s not a minifigure set or anything :(

Lego make minifigure based sets (impossible) challenge 

5 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Welp dry bowser with his castle is coming but it’s not a minifigure set or anything :(

I told y’all that just because there is apparently no fourth starter set nor a new character series you couldn’t conclude that minifig sets are coming :laugh_hard:

I like the look of this! Dry Browser, Dry Piranha Plant and the Blarrg (?) all look great!

On 2/20/2023 at 5:55 PM, TheOneLuxembourgerLEGOfan said:

Alrightïğż, y'all are never going to believe me, but I'm going to share this anyway.

I got news of the new LEGO Super Mario sets a couple of weeks ago from a friend of mine who works at the local LEGO store. 

She told me that there is indeed a new lego mario series coming with Donkey Kong sets. This includes a starter pack with Donkey Kong, and mostly Jungle sets (I specifically asked about this as I was afraid it was just gonna be some weird NES/Pauline Donkey Kong stuff like the Smash Bros stage but this isn't the case).

She had no info regarding a new figure series, so either they didn't tell her about it or a new one isn't coming. Personally, we think it's the former, as with major Starter Set releases there is always a new figure series to support them.

Can't believe you were right! lol.

Aside, this is extremely disappointing and I won't be buying anything from this wave. It's really terrible and I can't believe they're still fumbling lego mario this hard.

Bummer, it really looked like this was going to be the year we get minifigures.

See you guys next year when we do this same thing over again.

23 minutes ago, SlimyGhoul said:

Can't believe you were right! lol.

Nah. The teaser clearly shows this is a brick built character, so I expect Donkey Kong to be a boss character for mario to fight, which makes since given his role in the mario film. The existence of the dry browser castle also goes against that rumor, since it proves it's not entirely a "jungle wave" as that rumor suggested.

As for the set itself, I really like the look for this new castle! The giant chains are great, and the large browser face is much more detailed than the first one. With the technic liftarms underneath the chin, I wonder what the function is? I guess we'll find out Tomorrow.

I'm also curious about the other two 1000+ part sets. It would be very uncharacteristic of lego to release that many large standard retail sets at one, so I expect at least one of them to be something different.

Dry Bowsers castle looks neat! A bit the same as the first castle but with a better Bowser statuethingy. I think i want it!

Man Lego avoids Mario figures like the plague, even though they have the perfect opportunity with the Mario movie, and having both the Nintendo and Illumination license...

Edited by kevkipo