Izzynufc-2

Super Mario 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the 2023 Super Mario discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Super Mario discussion throughout 2023--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Super Mario discussion. 

Enjoy! 

Summer 2023

Revealed by @lego_minecraft_goat on Instagram 

71420 7+ 106 pieces 

71421 7+ 174 pieces 

71422 6+ 259 pieces 

71423 8+ 1321 pieces 

71424 8+ 554 pieces 

71425 8+ 1157 pieces 

It also says no sets box is shaped like the starter pack and Collectable figure series, so it’s interesting what’s going to happen, 

19 hours ago, Killian said:

RashOnAss

One way of saying it (?) 

I do wonder, why is he so hated? I am aware of the LEGO YouTuber cycle which he is part of, and frankly, don't care much about it, but he seems to be the hated one.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:58 AM, Izzynufc-2 said:

It also says no sets box is shaped like the starter pack and Collectable figure series, so it’s interesting what’s going to happen,

Perhaps something to do with change of material for packaging?

3 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I do wonder, why is he so hated? I am aware of the LEGO YouTuber cycle which he is part of, and frankly, don't care much about it, but he seems to be the hated one.

I for one never understood why lego youtubers have any popularity,I always found them boring and annoying.

5 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I don't hate him, he seems sweet mostly. The way he calls everything Lego produces Awesome, and barely ever criticises their products can feel like he's pandering to The Lego Group rather than being fully honest, but I watch his videos to make my own decision on the sets anyway.

I've noticed he can sometimes reply to comments on his videos quite sarcastically with an attitude he doesn't show in his videos, but people are usually the worst version of themselves through the anonymity of the internet; just look at the Licenced Theme chat on here, or any thread where anyone dares to have an unpopular opinion lol :roflmao:

I've seen videos on YT from his Lego discussing/reviewing enemies accusing him of reporting other LAN members to Lego for leaking pictures/info but they tend to angrily rant a lot (one of them calls him "AshNRat"), so I just block them. I don't need negativity in my Lego experience.

The way Ash comes across in his review of Zane's Ice Dragon Creature didn't sit well with me. He refused to build/review the alternate build which felt like he was just in it for notoriety and free Lego rather than putting in the effort to give the fans a proper overview of the product. That's the only real gripe I've ever had with his content. He did seem a bit burnt out and unenthusiastic in a lot of his December content, so maybe he's been a bit depressed. That's understandable.

On the whole he seems like a decent, well mannered guy to me.

2 hours ago, Killian said:

I don't hate him, he seems sweet mostly. The way he calls everything Lego produces Awesome, and barely ever criticises their products can feel like he's pandering to The Lego Group rather than being fully honest, but I watch his videos to make my own decision on the sets anyway.

I've noticed he can sometimes reply to comments on his videos quite sarcastically with an attitude he doesn't show in his videos, but people are usually the worst version of themselves through the anonymity of the internet; just look at the Licenced Theme chat on here, or any thread where anyone dares to have an unpopular opinion lol :roflmao:

I've seen videos on YT from his Lego discussing/reviewing enemies accusing him of reporting other LAN members to Lego for leaking pictures/info but they tend to angrily rant a lot (one of them calls him "AshNRat"), so I just block them. I don't need negativity in my Lego experience.

The way Ash comes across in his review of Zane's Ice Dragon Creature didn't sit well with me. He refused to build/review the alternate build which felt like he was just in it for notoriety and free Lego rather than putting in the effort to give the fans a proper overview of the product. That's the only real gripe I've ever had with his content. He did seem a bit burnt out and unenthusiastic in a lot of his December content, so maybe he's been a bit depressed. That's understandable.

Anyways how about those Mario rumors eh?

50 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Hehe.  I think it was a certain LAN member who said that once the initial planned run of the current style of Super Mario was complete, there's a chance of the theme switching to minifigures. 

6 hours ago, Killian said:

Alright, well, thank ye for the detailed answer.

4 hours ago, Portal Out said:

Yes, forgive me for going off-track.

3 hours ago, Killian said:

there's a chance of the theme switching to minifigures. 

Now that sounds rather interesting, similar to those Sonic sets.

On 12/30/2022 at 12:54 PM, Jack Sassy said:

I am aware of the LEGO YouTuber cycle which he is part of,

I am extremely curious about this.

I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely would like to know what you mean.

On 12/30/2022 at 9:19 PM, Killian said:

Hehe.  I think it was a certain LAN member who said that once the initial planned run of the current style of Super Mario was complete, there's a chance of the theme switching to minifigures. 

You know? We've been chasing those Mario Minifigures for 2 years at this point, but now that they actually seem likely, I'm curious about how they'd look.

Would they have a molded head? At the very least he'd need a new molded hat, so at that point what difference does it make from a financial pov? A new mold is a new mold no matter how different, right?

I'm extremely curious about what you all think. Mario has a fairly prominent nose, so I can't imagine him having a regular head.

10 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely would like to know what you mean.

There seems to be a group of LEGO YouTubers that create this 'cycle': Ashnflash, MandRproductions and just2good. They have this very similar format and what's more - they often collaborate or quote one another. So I think it's safe to say that they are friends (at least they treat each other like it).

Now, back to the topic:

10 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Would they have a molded head?

I am expecting these figures to be similar to Sonic in a way, so it would make sense if they have moulded heads. One thing I am wondering about, would the set style and builds be the same?

10 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So is this the year we finally get minifigures for the Mario Theme? 

There is no evidence to support this :tongue: Just because there is no starter course - shaped box doesn’t mean we’re getting minifigs. Maybe they simply switched to normal boxes for the next digifig (after all, those do exist for the previous three characters, sold at certain retailers like Costco). Besides, we’re still missing two Koopalings!

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There is no evidence to support this :tongue: Just because there is no starter course - shaped box doesn’t mean we’re getting minifigs. Maybe they simply switched to normal boxes for the next digifig (after all, those do exist for the previous three characters, sold at certain retailers like Costco). Besides, we’re still missing two Koopalings!

There's just as much evidence to support as not. As for missing two Koopalings, you seem to be under the misunderstanding that Lego are competent in the ways of completing subsets of themes.

Found a case at target. The order on the left side was 

Spike, Sumo, Ice Bro, Bramball, Bloopers, Cat Goomba, Birdo, Toad

Edited by Capybara554321

On 1/1/2023 at 11:58 PM, PGBQW said:

You know? We've been chasing those Mario Minifigures for 2 years at this point, but now that they actually seem likely, I'm curious about how they'd look.

Would they have a molded head? At the very least he'd need a new molded hat, so at that point what difference does it make from a financial pov? A new mold is a new mold no matter how different, right?

I'm extremely curious about what you all think. Mario has a fairly prominent nose, so I can't imagine him having a regular head.

I think the brothers, Princess and Goombas I bought on evilbay do the job just fine and probably are a good reflection of how Lego would actually make them.

!                                                                                                                                                                                s-l500

If we ever got Mario minifigs using normal minifig heads then they could reuse the past cmf minifig animal head masks such as the fox or make new molds that cmf collectors would like to have. The mushroom people could have custom mushroom hats that you could easily use with bricks to make plantlife as well. The turtles would be built with similar TMNT shell backpacks etc. I think they made a neat series of megs figures that are east to play with, but they would go much further with the brand in minifig scale. The castle, ships, etc could still work with the figures if they use a similar tech like lego dimensions. That is where they could use chips in there that read with a sound display box or interact with some electronic hub inside plants or a pipe instead of making the figures the electronic device. 

If they ever do minifigs, moulded heads or bust :tongue: I don’t ever want to go back to the bad old days of printed noses :sick: It just looks so cheap and stupid to me, and the countless bootlegs that have done exactly that show why it doesn’t work

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

bad old days of printed noses

Like Lego does now in at least 2 themes

A diorama of 1-1 SMB with Minifigures, that’s my prediction and it’ll be the start of Minifigures 

Edited by Izzynufc-2

I’d love it if we finally get minifigures this summer. Shame that there’s seemingly no tie-in wave for the film given how much promising content we’ve already seen in the trailers.

So updated Lego Mario summer 2023

71420 $9.99 106 pieces 

71421 $24.99 174 pieces 

71422 $34.99 259 pieces 

71423 $99.99 1321 pieces

71424 $59.99 554 pieces 

71425 $99.99 1157 pieces 

71426 18+ $59.99 tbc piece number 

this is interesting, no starter course or character packs.

Some parts of me think it’s a start of a Mario Kart wave or Mini-figures or movie sets even 

Is a lot of rumour surrounding potential minifigure release this year then?  Personally I hope so as this would interest me in collecting this theme.  

EDIT: I would hope to get a Bowser Jr.:grin:

Edited by Legoman123