Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

A bit worried about Gringotts.... but we will see with more details. A lot of people already assuming its not gonna be compatibile with 2020 Diagon Alley D2C which I think would be really stupid for them to do. I see two solution how they could make it work even with undergroud system of railway and vaults. One is to make the underground section modular (like Rancor pit) so you can display it separately or put behind Gringotts when you want to connect it to the rest of Diagon Alley. Other solution would be to elevate ground floor of Gringotts and put railways system with vaults under it so there is no need to make entire underground section under the building.

Overall very satysfied with the wave because most of it is trash (trunk, brickheads, bus, dobby) so I am gonna save a lot of money to buy Gringotts and other playsets :DDD

Edited by Textorix

5 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

LEGO Harry Potter 2023

(76414) Expecto Patronum $64.99 (754 рс.)

(76415) The Battle of Hogwarts $84.99 (730 рс.)

(76416) Quidditch Trunk $64.99 (599 рс.)

(76417) Gringotts $429.99

(76418) Advent Calendar $44.99 (227 pc.)

(76419) Knight Bus 2260 pc.

(76420) Dobby the House Elf $39.99 (403 pc.)

(76422) ???? $89.99 (834 pc.)

(76423) ???? $129.99 (1074 pc.)

promo bricks were just speculating with the Knight Bus 

Based on what Promobricks shared, it looks like we are still missing the price for the Knight Bus and the parts count for Gringott’s.

And what could the $89.99 set and the $129.99 set be??? My bet is on the Durmstrang ship and either Malfoy Manor or the Lovegood house.

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

LEGO Harry Potter 2023

(76414) Expecto Patronum $64.99 (754 рс.)

(76415) The Battle of Hogwarts $84.99 (730 рс.)

(76416) Quidditch Trunk $64.99 (599 рс.)

(76417) Gringotts $429.99

(76418) Advent Calendar $44.99 (227 pc.)

(76419) Knight Bus 2260 pc.

(76420) Dobby the House Elf $39.99 (403 pc.)

(76422) ???? $89.99 (834 pc.)

(76423) ???? $129.99 (1074 pc.)

Can’t wait to see 76145! I do hope we get some exclusive Voldemort army figures, and maybe some Brickbuilt Hogwarts stone soldiers…

I have no idea what 76422/23 could be. Any idea guys? 

edit - just seen some of the ideas for above, and I’d love a Durmstrang ship. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

8 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Overall all, a really exiting wave and if the designers do read these forums at all then I want to express my appreciation that they seemed to have listened to feedback and really expanded i to the later movies with the sets. I'm genuinely shocked how few small sets and early movie sets there are in this wave. I was definitely expecting some sort of Final Challenge, Troll bathroom or Winged Keys castle module, but there doesn't appear to be a cheap set in this wave.

My thoughts exactly. I am really stoked for every set in this wave, even the Quidditch trunk and Dobby.

I'm honestly quite underwhelmed. For now, it's: 2 W's, 3 L's, and 4 "we'll sees".

The Battle of Hogwarts and Gringotts sound great, but the amount of unnecessarily oversized builds (Trunk, Dobby, Knight Bus) is too high yet again. Expecto Patronum could be a DH2 set, but I don't think they'd title it that honestly.

So yeah, I expected more. But I absolutely love the March sets, and I'll definitely get the Room of Requirement and the Second Task.

My mother hated Dobby in the CoS book and film so much she actually was happy when I told her he died in Book 7. (He is annoying to me, but he's not worse than Jar Jar from SW) Thus, I've got to get her that buildable Dobby for Christmas!

Also, disappointed there is no Hogsmeade add-on.

Edited by Murdoch17

An interesting list. I actually managed to predict something *almost* right. There’s a quidditch set, a battle of Hogwarts set, a buildable creature, and Gringott’s.

If the Expecto Patronum set is the 14+ one, I reckon it  is going to be a diorama-like set with a buildable patronus stag. Gringott’s is exciting but the price is a bit annoying. Would’ve preferred a max 200€ set but I guess I’ll have to bite the bullet to complete Diagon Alley. I just hope it’s not on a large baseplate… Also, the two missing sets are very intriguing. I reckon a building and Durmstrang ship. The prices are probably too high for Hagrid’s hut (unless they include a bunch of trees lol)

My guess on Gringotts':

The exterior is compatible with the current Diagon Alley so the entrance matches up to ground level and everything. But...the back doesn't line up with the exterior entrance. 

That would allow them to still have the lobby on a "higher" level in the functional play area, set above all of the vault goodness below.

Additional thought on the Knight Bus. Could the extra price/piece count be coming from a façade of The Leaky Cauldron and/or the brick wall outside of Diagon? 

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm honestly quite underwhelmed.

Me too. But I remember how I felt last year when the summer '22 sets were leaked and I thought they sounded awful, but I ended up loving them. Remember that there are two unknown - last year the unknown set ended up being spectacular (Grimmauld Place). I am so happy for Gringotts and The Battle of Hogwarts, and Dobby is one of my favourite characters. But I was hoping for a couple of really great playsets that fill in some holes we're missing - The Final Challenges, a PS/CoS set with Fang, the Wedding, the tent, the Lovegood house. But at least this shows Lego is happy to spread this theme out and try to appeal to everyone. I bet I will end up adoring this wave. :) 

54 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Is the Knight bus confirmed? On insta the promobricks video says ‘pure speculation’ 

Apparently it's not confirmed.

Oof. Excellent to hear we'll be seeing the Battle of Hogwarts (25th anniversary of the BoH, it would have been odd for them not to capitalise on it) and the GWP sounds good, but most left me disinterested. 

I hope there are more than one shop / building in the Gringotts set. I couldn't care in the least about a track system, and would rather not have the dragon included. Nothing to do but wait. The price is making me nervous. I honestly didn't expect them to gate keep such a key set behind that price point. 

Edited by krimimimi
clarity

That sounds like an epic line up. It's great to see we're fi ally going to be getting a proper battle of Hogwarts after so long! I know there were a few sets back in 2011 that were sort of based on it but there were a few inaccuracies here and there.

Gringotts sounds brilliant. I'm assuming we'll be getting a proper facade, the dragon and hopefully a small roller coaster. 

I think there's a good chance the Expecto Patronum set will be a DH one. That way you could maybe display it with the Battle of Hogwarts set.

Intrigued to see what the last two sets are. Buildable Horcruxes maybe? (Other than Nagini and Harry obviously :tongue:). 

OMG, HollyonFilm just said what if Expecto Patronum is the lake and tent with the Doe. Imagine that, with an Always sign. I would cry. :cry_happy:

Edited by NostalgicBricks

I think the only two sets that I’m 100% buying is the buildable Dobby and Gringotts. It’s confirmed that it’s compatible with DA so I’m very curious how they pull off the underground track portion. Bet it comes with the dragon and Leaky Cauldron for that price tag which would be perfect.
Still think that the $130 is the Lovegood home, feels like the same price range as Grimmauld and Burrow sets. The $90 set I’m putting money on it being the bridge that Neville collapses. 

I blame ALL OF YOU for memeing Dobby's sock into existence :laugh_hard:

D2C Gringotts is awesome, everything else pales in comparison for me beyond this - it was THE set that was missing.

Battle for Hogwarts is also really good news.

And personally I like getting non-minifig scale sets mainly because it saves me money!  But also because they do a good job of them and it clearly appeal to other people.

Yikes. Looking at the complete rumor list, the total cost for all 2023 HP sets - not including the ones without a rumored price - is $1,235. 

I'll be skipping many of them, like the brickheadz and house banners, but completionists are in for a rough year. I never hope for poor quality sets, but I wouldn't be upset if some were duds to make my choices of what to purchase easier.

Quick question, not sure if it was stated, but will we get both D2C at the same time, like September? 

Or will they be available at different times? I‘m not so familiar with the Lego Star Wars franchise, but aren‘t they always getting a bigger D2C in both winter and summer wave?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

the Knight Bus is unnecessary

May still not happen. They've been good about alternating things as the D2C sets go, we've only just seen the super expensive Hogwarts Express, so next year seems more probable than this one for an expensive Knight Bus. 

32 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

OMG, HollyonFilm just said what if Expecto Patronum is the lake and tent with the Doe. Imagine that, with an Always sign. I would cry. :cry_happy:

I've thought of that, because I still think it's a scene we'll see eventually, but consider it less likely they'd name it from Snape's perspective, if that makes sense? He'd be the one casting the spell after all. Like I don't even know if they'd be likely to even include him in a set of the scene, so naming it after a spell he'd cast feels... off. 

I think a PoA Expecto Patronum lesson, perhaps with a chance to see Snape take over the class (page 394!) giving us an excuse to see him somewhere in this wave.

I suspect we also need to have Dumbledore in there somewhere. 

Still hoping we'll see a Hogsmeade set as one of the two remaining unknowns. Those are proving reliably good. 

Absolutely can't believe there are no inexpensive sets except for Brickheadz. "Bloody hell!" as Ron would say. 

35 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

What at time to be alive - Dobby's SOCK and Gringotts in the same year? 

Nature is healing.

25 minutes ago, Yope said:

I blame ALL OF YOU for memeing Dobby's sock into existence :laugh_hard:

Imagine if we actually morbed this set into existence :laugh_hard:

Since we now know that a REAL Battle of Hogwarts set is coming (sorry, not sorry, 2011 set), what new minifigs do you expect there? As for new characters, hoping for Aberforth and/or Narcissa, the rest will most likely be new versions of existing characters :shrug_oh_well:

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since we now know that a REAL Battle of Hogwarts set is coming (sorry, not sorry, 2011 set), what new minifigs do you expect there? As for new characters, hoping for Aberforth and/or Narcissa, the rest will most likely be new versions of existing characters :shrug_oh_well:

I'm guessing not Neville since he was in the advent calendar. I would expect the trio and I wouldn't be surprised if Luna found her way in there. But I would love Narcissa and Bill as two characters to yet be done in this new reboot, and then after that Aberforth, DH McGonagall, Arthur, Molly, Fleur, Ginny etc. 

I wonder if @bRICKbRAT has any more information to share? Their predictions were unbelievably accurate, so I’m wondering if they have some concrete evidence pointing to the $129.99 76423 set being the Durmstrang ship. I just watched a LEGO YouTuber reference @bRICKbRAT ‘s predictions and theorize that we might be able to take that as confirmation of a forthcoming Durmstrang ship set. 

23 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I wonder if @bRICKbRAT has any more information to share? Their predictions were unbelievably accurate [...]

You're absolutely correct. Statistically speaking, there is no way someone got all of them right *huh*