Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

You're being overly dramatic based on pure speculation...

How is it insulating they are starting a new line? I don't follow.

Yes the interior on this one looks fantastic! And people were so quick to complain about it based on an exterior shot...

What do you mean?

I don’t think I’m being dramatic at all. Look at the decisions of the lego HP team since 2021. Does they scream “competent” to you? They certainly don’t to me. Everybody is wanted a Gringotts set since 2020 because it was left out of the Diagon Alley D2C. If they make one now that isn’t compatible, then yes, it’s insulting. And now they’ve come out with a completely redesigned Diagon Alley setup with this WWW set the same year Gringotts is supposed to happen. It’s not that far of a stretch that Gringotts will be compatible with this new design rather than the 2020 one. Look what they did to Hogwarts since 2021. 
 

As to people saying Gringotts isn’t connected anyway so it doesn’t matter, I don’t agree. While the building isn’t connected to other buildings, the display still needs to be compatible with the other display, and should be able to connect in some way. Best way to do it is probably to have some objects on the street with technic pin holes like the Sanctum. So the Gringotts building stands alone but the street can still connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I like the DA set, this new WWW set has so many neat additions it makes it worth getting nonetheless :classic:

One thing I don’t like here though is Ginny’s faceprint. Why did they go back to using the Claire face after having introduced a unique print for her in CMF S2? CMF prints are not necessarily exclusive anymore.

I’m afraid this means they’re also gonna reuse Mantis’ faceprint for Bellatrix :hmpf_bad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think I’m being dramatic at all. Look at the decisions of the lego HP team since 2021. Does they scream “competent” to you? They certainly don’t to me. Everybody is wanted a Gringotts set since 2020 because it was left out of the Diagon Alley D2C. If they make one now that isn’t compatible, then yes, it’s insulting. And now they’ve come out with a completely redesigned Diagon Alley setup with this WWW set the same year Gringotts is supposed to happen. It’s not that far of a stretch that Gringotts will be compatible with this new design rather than the 2020 one. Look what they did to Hogwarts since 2021. 
 

As to people saying Gringotts isn’t connected anyway so it doesn’t matter, I don’t agree. While the building isn’t connected to other buildings, the display still needs to be compatible with the other display, and should be able to connect in some way. Best way to do it is probably to have some objects on the street with technic pin holes like the Sanctum. So the Gringotts building stands alone but the street can still connect

You're not alone in your thoughts. No matter what the rumours are or what other may say, I also can't help thinking the exact same thing as you. Considering the original 2018 Hogwarts line was dumped in its tracks rather incomplete for the new rubbish square system at the drop of a hat, I can see them doing the same thing with Diagon Alley, and they wouldn't care in the slightest. And yes, while the building is not necessarily connected, it can greatly impair the way people feel about something if it's not specifically designed to go with something they've been waiting for, for 3 years.

I understand that it's not a FACT, but the release of WWW just a couple of months prior to Gringotts release is definitely concerning to some people. I'm eagerly awaiting hopefully very positive news, but will always feel this stupid WWW should have been a 2024 release. 

And lets be honest, while rumoured to connect by Promobricks to connect, it's not exactly concrete evidence when they don't even know HOW  it connnects? Lol. It's going to be a long couple of months for some of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

You're not alone in your thoughts. No matter what the rumours are or what other may say, I also can't help thinking the exact same thing as you. Considering the original 2018 Hogwarts line was dumped in its tracks rather incomplete for the new rubbish square system at the drop of a hat, I can see them doing the same thing with Diagon Alley, and they wouldn't care in the slightest. And yes, while the building is not necessarily connected, it can greatly impair the way people feel about something if it's not specifically designed to go with something they've been waiting for, for 3 years.

I understand that it's not a FACT, but the release of WWW just a couple of months prior to Gringotts release is definitely concerning to some people. I'm eagerly awaiting hopefully very positive news, but will always feel this stupid WWW should have been a 2024 release. 

And lets be honest, while rumoured to connect by Promobricks to connect, it's not exactly concrete evidence when they don't even know HOW  it connnects? Lol. It's going to be a long couple of months for some of us.

And let’s not forget that Promobricks does not always get their facts straight, especially with HP, a franchise they have shown time and time again they don’t know much about and don’t always bother to pay attention to the details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new set leaks, they look pretty good

 

looks like the new wand attachment is very versatile, with a parts pack being included in the battle of hogwarts set, excited to see the rest of those

 

think im just gonna get the dobby set then bricklink that new voldy

 

hope one day we get a battle of hogwarts ron too

also loveeee the hoods in the quidditch set!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that they've introduced a new entrance to the Great Hall but it's double the height of this castle system's existing Great hall module. Curious to see how they will integrate together. Entrances and courtyards modules are always welcome though!

New Hogwarts Express with Hogsmead Station is a really nice update of the 2004 motorized set. Good to have a train option for those that didn't have the 2018 one and were staying away from the misguided Collectors Edition.

Edited by Ferder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are they doing this to me?! *huh* A third pants color for Quidditch players?! Unnecessary for them, but the new colored hood accessory is welcomed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly just extremely whelmed by these sets. Last year really blew it out of the water with the newness. This year the sets are just fine. There isn't enough newness to grab me as a long-time fan and make me want to buy into the bigger sets.

The second task set already released actually has the most cool stuff per capita. And once again I'm baffled why they go to lengths to make new prints for random characters (in the banners for instance) and not give Bellatrix a new head or printed dress piece.

I think the second task might be the only HP set I buy in full this year, and I'll put big set money towards the new Republic Gunship if that turns out cool.

Again, not bad sets, just not interesting enough to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the new Hogwarts Express and Hogsmeade station. Otherwise, nothing feels like an improvement over anything in the past. Once again the Hogwarts section kind of disappoints, given the scale of it. I'm glad they're doing playsets for those that want them, but also pleased that we got the 2018-20 ones, which is what I'll stick with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Sadly just extremely whelmed by these sets.

You're not joking about being whelmed. Looked through them and thought, "oh, is that it?"

Think my wife might like Hogsmeade Station, but other than that, i'm stoked that it's going to be easier to save up for Gringott's! :iamded_lol:

Also for those saying that Promobricks said that Gringott's is compatible with the old DA. This is exactly why some of us are concerned... Where's this Black Dress McGonagall and Stone Soldier that everyone was drooling over the idea of? If they can't even get that right, pretty sure they could get the Gringott's compatibility wrong. These pictures has only increased my concern unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I do like these sets, there is a lot of missed potential. No McGonagall, no statue, no Fang, no printed dress for Bellatrix. And the minifig selection in the HE is so bland it hurts. 8 minifigs and the only exclusive thing is a recoloured hairpiece :hmpf_bad:

The BoH is still the clear stand-out, even with the false/outdated information we were given

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expecto Patronum is a huge skip for me.  So much for it being brick built with lots of transparent parts.  Yes there are a few but it's mostly just a big blue stag.  Need to see more pictures of the rest.  Not sure about that hood/cape piece in the Quidditch trunk and an awful lot of stickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, that Hogwarts Express is a must buy if I can persuade the wife ...

... I haven't had to persuade the wife before, this is new to me ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

And once again I'm baffled why they go to lengths to make new prints for random characters (in the banners for instance) and not give Bellatrix a new head or printed dress piece.

Honestly you don't even have to go that far for astoundingly bad decisions. The Battle of Hogwarts gave Voldy a new face that looks almost identical to his 2019 version and a new face to Neville even though his older face was already specifically based on expressions from DHII, and it looks like his torso is also slightly different for no discernible reason? (The details are in all grey instead of being more colorful last year.)

Bella is disappointing, but at least she has double-molded arms which are a nice touch. Imo they should've just not included Molly, her torso and dress are nice but the head and hair are such a consistent eyesore I just see her as a wasted spot that would've been better filled by McGonagall. Definitely a set I'll skip, which is really disappointing because of how long we've all been waiting for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patronus stag looks ugly and awful. Nothing transparent is just insult to injury. 
 

HE with Hogsmeade looks pretty cool, along with BoH. I stopped "completion collecting" HP a little while back and I'm liking the choice more and more with each successive wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patronus looks crappy (trans blue should be all or nothing and having it just sprinkled around looks really bad imo), the HE is a great example of a set that's both fantastic and wholly uninteresting but I do like it (hopefully it stays on shelves until the franchise crashes and burns with the reboot, lol), and the trunk is fine and I'll probably pick it up on clearance if it has good minifig parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s really funny to me that the best sets are the two brick built creatures this year when I usually prefer the play sets. Harry got new arm printing on his signature blue jacket and Lupin’s grey outfit is finally done justice. And the Patronus build is really cool. Dobby is great as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why I don't like this early information about set descriptions. I want to see the other side of the Battle Set. The statue can still be there xD. Just a little confused about the connections between the outer parts with these clips. The Brickheadz should also be revealed today. They are already listed in the instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Xcube said:

That's why I don't like this early information about set descriptions. I want to see the other side of the Battle Set. The statue can still be there xD. Just a little confused about the connections between the outer parts with these clips. The Brickheadz should also be revealed today. They are already listed in the instructions.

I've just been sitting looking at the set myself wondering if it's even actually part of the modular Hogwarts line-up. It all just looks odd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow … putting only reused minifigures into Hogwarts Express is brutal.  That’s like the first time I see it in this theme which is sad, because in terms of minifigures they always suprised me how they were able to put at least few new exclusive minifigures into every single set. Also why some people thought it’s gonna be motorized? It wasn’t rumored by any relevant leaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Wow … putting only reused minifigures into Hogwarts Express is brutal.  

It's really weird that even the random student looks to be Gryffindor too after they have gone to such welcome trouble to include the other houses lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Dobby my favourite? Wasn't expecting that.

The Patronus is ugly and not trans, it's a dirty blue. A trans version with a light feature would have been cool.

I think the quidditch set is good for what it is. I'm sick of these books, banners and cases sets but it has all the teams colours and capes. 

The train station look lovely and the train looks good, Are the carriages smaller than the last one? I might just build the station from my own parts. Shame we don't get some better figures in it and Hagrid's dog. 

WWW is ok, an unnecessary set that has some cool stickers. If you got the sticker sheet and a few of the new figures off bricklink you could easily skip this set if you have diagon alley already.

I like the battle of Hogwarts, Its a bit messy design wise but I think its fixable and with some editing it would make a much better entrance to the great hall 2018 set. The door clock part is nice but the sides of the courtyard are all wrong. I'll probably get it to redesign it. 

All in all, not a very exciting line up, spoiled by repeat sets like the train and www, repeat design ideas like the trunk, a trans build that's not trans and a not very exciting line up of new figures.

If the train was the Drumstrang ship, the patrons was trans and lit up and www was some new shops that we didn't get in Diagon alley set i think the excitement level would be high this summer. Shame. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's really weird that even the random student looks to be Gryffindor too after they have gone to such welcome trouble to include the other houses lately.

I think the random gryffindor is Lee Jordan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.