Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

There's one picture with a 3 by 2 array of visible logos with five minifigs on the six squares. One of them is Rosmerta, she appears to be the same as the version included in the Hogsmeade set. (Hashtag legoleaks, if we're permitted to say that?)

I haven't seen the Aberforth fig at all though. (I'm assuming the one that looks a little like it could be him is actually Gandalf.)

Thanks I've just seen it. Cannot find the post I originally saw, but I don't believe it's Gandalf.

Aberforth Dumbledore | harry-potter

I think the torso is meant to be this. The purple is like Stan Shunpike's purple colour and it's been paired with plain purple legs so not sure if he'll get the lower tartan.

Most of the torso is covered by the beard piece, but it looks quite plain with thick black lines.

Edited by BacktoBricks

19 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Those hat/hair combo pieces are great. Hope that they come to PAB and aren't license locked.

They're recolours of existing pieces, so I suppose there's a chance, fingers crossed.

I'm glad I made screenshots of the leaks before they got taken down xD.

18 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Thanks I've just seen it. Cannot find the post I originally saw, but I don't believe it's Gandalf.

Aberforth Dumbledore | harry-potter

I think the torso is meant to be this. The purple is like Stan Shunpike's purple colour and it's been paired with plain purple legs so not sure if he'll get the lower tartan.

Most of the torso is covered by the beard piece, but it looks quite plain with thick black lines.

No I definitely didn't see anything remotely like that. That would be a fig well worth having. What a great outfit. Thanks. 

Just now, krimimimi said:

No I definitely didn't see anything remotely like that. That would be a fig well worth having. What a great outfit. Thanks. 

I've sent you a PM :)

So what are the chances we get an invisibility cloak with the Harry figure?  Hoping the missing figure is for Katie Bell.  I don't remember ever seeing Luna in a Hogsmeade scene.  If this AC is Hogsmeade themed & these are the Minifigs included I'll be back to buying two copies.

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I've sent you a PM :)

May I ask you to send me leaks in PM, please? Thanks a lot!

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Aberforth is a pretty weak figure tbh.

Too much purple. The hair doesn't really work, looks like another Dumbledore variant.

Ach, well, technically it is... 😆

18 minutes ago, Len said:

May I ask you to send me leaks in PM, please?

Sent.

Isn't Harry the same (apart hood) in Hogwarts Express Collector's Edition? 

Edited by BrickMatit

1 minute ago, BrickMatit said:

Sent.

Believe so. Didn't think they'd leave that torso exclusive for very long what with it being a general young Harry variant, not after what happened with DA and the Silencio Harry torso.

34 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Sent.

Good catch, that brings the new parts in this leak to:

Torsos- 1. Ron 2. Hermione 3. Draco 4. Aberforth 

Heads- 1. Draco 2. Aberforth 

Recolors- 1. Ron hair 2. Hermione hair and maybe Draco’s hat? (My knowledge of the current winter wear is a bit weak so someone feel free to weigh in there)

Rosmerta is a complete repeat and Harry has only swapped out his usual hair for a hood in an already available color, so as far as the budget is concerned he’s a repeat too. 

1 hour ago, karrit said:

So what are the chances we get an invisibility cloak with the Harry figure?  Hoping the missing figure is for Katie Bell.  I don't remember ever seeing Luna in a Hogsmeade scene.  If this AC is Hogsmeade themed & these are the Minifigs included I'll be back to buying two copies.

Luna turns up with the rest of the original DA members in the first meeting at the Hog’s Head. Doesn’t really fit with the PoA theme most of the figs follow, but Aberforth doesn’t either and he’s confirmed so…

Personally, I don’t think there’s any use in speculating based off minifig parts seen cropped out at the edges on any pictures. It’s hardly uncommon for leakers to get mixed batches of minifigs from multiple sets/themes, so it’s entirely possible that they were cropped out of the Harry Potter photos because they’re entirely unrelated the photographer doesn’t know anymore than we do. 

It’s worth noting that with the trio, Draco, Aberforth, and Rosmerta, we’re already looking at 6 full minifigures. That’s the same number as the 2020 and 2021 calendars, and the seventh figure of the 2019 calendar was an unprinted statue. We got lucky last year with 7 full minifigures plus a head, we might not get that lucky again. 

As for the invisibility cloak, it definitely belongs in the scene, but the question is if it could be fit in an advent calendar from a technical standpoint. The Star Wars advent calendars have included capes a few times, but the cloak is somewhat larger and thicker than the old standard capes, so we can’t say for certain it would fit the same way. Still, let’s keep our fingers crossed for the cloak and maybe even a fabric kilt for Aberforth. 

I was really hoping for a Christmas at Grimmauld Place AC this year, but at least it's Winter themed! Aberforth in the AC may give us hope for a Hog's Head next year :cry_happy:

Quidditch truck: do we know for sure if it is a brick built trunk to display or a playset (like last years trunk) with minifigures, builds, accessories, etc.?

4 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

I was really hoping for a Christmas at Grimmauld Place AC this year, but at least it's Winter themed! Aberforth in the AC may give us hope for a Hog's Head next year :cry_happy:

With lego seemingly getting the memo on what the fans like in an advent calendar, there’s a great chance that the coming years will get more winter/holiday scene based calendars like Christmas at Grimmauld Place, the Slug Club Christmas party, Christmas at the Burrow, etc. 

Whenever new sets are leaked or released I see a lot of discussion about the quality of the minifigs. Which got me wondering what part of a set are the most important to collectors of the Harry Potter line and other licensed themes. When looking at the value of a Harry Potter set. in which order of personal important would you rank the following:

• Minifig quality (uniqueness, printing, accuracy)
  • Design accuracy (the set reflects the design from the source material)
  • Modularity (can be combined with other sets in the line easily with lots of variation to make, say, a custom Hogwarts)
  • Parts uniqueness (Interesting elements and pieces that can be used for MOCs,  Harry Potter or otherwise)
  • Play Features (moving parts, hidden items)
  • Display potential (it works on it's own as a sculptural piece on a shelf)

Edited by Ferder

37 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Recolors- 1. Ron hair 2. Hermione hair and maybe Draco’s hat? (My knowledge of the current winter wear is a bit weak so someone feel free to weigh in there)

I believe Draco's hat is a recolour of the Ushanka Hat

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=36933pb01&idColor=2#T=C&C=2

I'm not sure we've seen Hermione's combo before, however. Can anyone ID it for me?

Aberforth has magnificent eyebrows, I'm enjoying those. 

@Slytherin Alumni Wasn't there still an unknown set that could be Hogsmeade / the Hog's Head?

Edit: Why yes, yes there is: 76422 ???? $89.99 | 834 pieces It's very much in the same range as both the Hogsmeade and Shrieking Shack sets, our two other Hogsmeade sets. That would be very excellent, were that the case. 

Edited by krimimimi

44 minutes ago, Ferder said:

Whenever new sets are leaked or released I see a lot of discussion about the quality of the minifigs. Which got me wondering what part of a set are the most important to collectors of the Harry Potter line and other licensed themes. When looking at the value of a Harry Potter set. in which order of personal important would you rank the following:

• Modularity (can be combined with other sets in the line easily with lots of variation to make, say, a custom Hogwarts)
  • Parts uniqueness (Interesting elements and pieces that can be used for MOCs,  Harry Potter or otherwise)

For me personally it goes 

1) Displayable: Simply put does the set look good on a shelf and to the eye in general 

2)  Minifig Quality: Minifigs are weighted about equal to the set imo. A meh set can become a buy with good minifigs, a pretty set with not great minifigs can put a damper on it. 

3) Accuracy: I’m not a huge stickler on accuracy. The Lego medium will never 100% capture reality and that’s fine and there’s a charm to that. As long as it looks decently close and looks good, I’m not gonna complain. For example the Lupin in the Collector Hogwarts Express is not at all screen accurate BUT it looks amazing and it’s a nice variant so I’ll take it. 

4) Modularity: This one is slowly rising up on my list. With less space in my house I’m now focusing on sets that can be paired together on the same shelf and have a cohesive theme. 

5) Play features: At the end of the day Lego is a toy and it should be great for play as well. Do I personally play with my sets? Not really but it’s a nice bonus that can add some points. For example the moon in the Shrieking Shack is ultra cool imo. Cool bonus if it’s well integrated in a set but not essential at all. 

6) Interesting parts: Not a Moc builder, I’m really a Lego purist at heart. I do kinda get hyped when I see an older piece that’s like 20 years old get used in a new and creative way. Part usage is neat but again not essential. 

54 minutes ago, Ferder said:

Interesting question. :classic: From most important to least:

1) Minifig quality

2) Display potential

3) Design Accuracy

4) Modularity

5) Play features

6) Parts uniqueness

My list is driven by the fact that I'm primarily a minifigure collector who also displays some HP builds that feel like central locations or scenes etc e.g. DA, The Burrow, Shrieking Shack. In reality, numbers 5 and 6 play no part in my decisions hence their location at the bottom of my list. 

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

They're recolours of existing pieces, so I suppose there's a chance, fingers crossed.

I'm glad I made screenshots of the leaks before they got taken down xD.

So they are, thanks. I don't follow so the figures in Harry Potter so much, so hadn't noticed them before.

One issue that @Ferder's question has made me think of is the Modularity aspect of sets. Last year the modularity of the castle sets would have driven me to purchase them to add to my Hogwarts. But now that the theme is getting more and more sets and looks like it will be continuing for quite a while, plus add to that I'm not confident that they won't switch to a different Hogwarts format in the near future, and I have stopped collecting the castle modules. Any I have bought I have kept the minifigures from and sold the buildings to fund other new sets which is what I will probably do with any future castle modules unless they display well on their own. The Room of Hidden things for instance I might display on it's own. Space for connecting all these castle modules has also become an issue. It's a great format for telling stories and encouraging creativity, but it it expensive overall and demands considerable room.

I would be interested to hear what approach others are taking with the castle sets. :classic:

6 hours ago, Ferder said:

1. Minifig quality

2. Design accuracy

3. Display potential

4. Modularity

5. Parts uniqueness

6. Play features

They’ve been disappointing with minifig quality for a while (Of course, cmf series  are an exception) As long as they keep releasing so many UCS sets, this will keep being the norm I guess?

Edited by Otherworld