Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Microscale…well, that sucks! I’m not a fan of microscale builds; I would rather have the Knight Bus or Burrow. I don’t see Microscale anything selling well in the HP theme. The AC was marked down from $45 to $25 before Xmas and they still couldn’t sell them. At least it won’t be an added expense :) 

Why are they releasing another microscale Hogwarts, but smaller? Weird honestly.

But Promobricks have said it's perfect, so I'll give it a chance.

How on earth does a Microscale Hogwarts and a Knight Bus even get mixed up. :grin: Guessing we'll get the Bus in 2024 then assuming it's not one of the unknown numbers.

I presume that this means it’ll be the whole castle. I’m not a massive fan of the 2018 one, the proportions are way off, parted out mine for my own Hogwarts MOC. This sounds more interesting though

32 minuti fa, THELEGOBATMAN ha detto:

Perché stanno rilasciando un altro Hogwarts su microscala, ma più piccolo? Strano onestamente.

Ma Promobricks ha detto che è perfetto, quindi gli darò una possibilità.

It will certainly be done well.  the problem is the f****ing microscale :-D

How trustworthy is this news if I may ask? The source (as far as I'm aware) is a newish account I've personally never heard of until this day. It kinda just sounds like they took whatever we were talking about here and added some details.

2 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

How trustworthy is this news if I may ask? The source (as far as I'm aware) is a newish account I've personally never heard of until this day. It kinda just sounds like they took whatever we were talking about here and added some details.

That’s exactly what I was thinking? Are they sourcing BrickBrat’s prediction and then adding microscale to it? Or did a reliable leaker actually say it was a microscale castle and grounds?

I mean exabrickslegogo reposted it too so I think there’s some validity to it. But yeah this is just another set I can save money on which is fine by me. 

46 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I believe this came from legen.dleaks. This is an odd case--the guy only has like 3 or 4 things to his name, but all of them have been right or independently verified by established leakers. I think right now, we like the guy, but we apply a tad bit of salt to everything he says.

So, this wouldn't possibly be an add-on to 71043 would it? The only reason I ask is 71043 is still on shelves, and "Hogwarts Castle and Grounds" being microscale would complete the entire thing. It doesn't seem to make too much sense as a set on its own, though.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders

23 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I think right now, we like the guy, but we apply a tad bit of salt to everything he says.

Like French Fries.

Either way, if it's true my guess is that it's the entire castle this time around, no interior, no nanofigs. But what version I wonder. Imagine if it's based on Hogwarts Legacy.

14 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

It doesn't seem to make too much sense as a set on its own, though.

As you said, if it was a complement to 71043 the set wouldn't work on its own. It would be bought only by people already has 71043, or want to buy it, and want to complete the first half.

If the leak is true, maybe something more like this (not mine) MOC

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry | Flickr

I guess this would be for those who want a full hogwarts versus the more expensive one, or the regular scale sets? I guess there is a market, if it looks good!

This is such a shame. Was really hoping we were getting a castle and grounds play set sized set for the last few days. I’m sure it will be cool, but yeah, probably a skip for me.

As someone who never bought the previous micro-scale castle, I have to say I like the idea of an affordable ‘complete’ Hogwarts castle and grounds. The previous iteration had some great things going for it, but for my money I always felt they tried to pack too many Easter eggs in it and that it ultimately affected the quality of the overall build (more so the interior than the exterior). If this version just focussed on the overall look, then I think o could be sold. The fact it would be relatively affordable is also a bonus.

The deal clincher would be an exclusive minifigure to go with it… a guy can hope right?!

I think this is the year for me to cut back on the completionism now that I have reached 100% a month before the 2023 sets. It will be easy to focus on minifig scale location sets considering they seem to be phasing them out. 

I do love the existing castle and a smaller microscale doesn't really tempt me...... but now I dread what desirable exclusive figure/s it may contain. A new molded Fang that never appears elsewhere... would make perfect sense. Surely something from years 1-3. Sand red or satin Lockhart robes :pir-cry_sad: would get me to break my resolution instantly. 

What I don't understand is, if this is a new microscale castle, why extend the retirement date for 71043? Why have that clash on the shelves? They will arguably appeal to the same market.

Hmm, well this is certainly interesting. I do like the idea of seeing a more “complete” Hogwarts than either the D2C microscale or various modular minifigure-scale sets can convey. At the same time, I wonder if it’ll be too similar to previous sets and too expensive to be very popular. I for one can’t exactly justify a third scale of Hogwarts and will likely pass on it. This highlights what I think might be an issue for HP as a theme moving forward: there simply isn’t enough content to churn out sets that feel new every year. For now, there’s a great mix of sets for newer fans who may have missed stuff in the past and still exciting new content for older fans. But in a few years, I doubt I’ll be the only one who simply doesn’t want a 4th Hogwarts Express or a 6th Great Hall. The question then is whether or not LEGO can continue to draw in new fans every year. I expect they probably will, and the rest of us will have to adjust our spending accordingly. 

16 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

But in a few years, I doubt I’ll be the only one who simply doesn’t want a 4th Hogwarts Express or a 6th Great Hall.

Well, that's unavoidable with an evergreen theme. Untill LEGO will stop producing Harry Potter sets we'll see increasingly remakes (for example it's not impossible in future seeing a new Hagrid's Hut or the third Great Hall).

New kids will grow up and luckily for LEGO will appreciate bricks and Harry Potter.

Considering the average duration life of a person and imagining an evergreen Harry Potter theme, how many Great Hall could we expect? :laugh:

And luckily for us there will be other themes out there waiting for us :snicker:

Edited by BrickMatit

As someone who owns all 4 minifig scale Great Halls I’d gladly buy a UCS one as part of a UCS castle series. The 2021 version hasn’t got much for an interior, the exterior takes a lot of liberties, and its attached to the worst staircase tower Lego has ever produced. Meanwhile the 2018 version is just the wrong shape and way too short (not to mention the staircase tower there is missing some key details), The 2010 version is alright for what it is but the interior is facing the wrong way, and the 2001 version is a LEGO model from 2001. I’d love to see LEGO make a Hogwarts UCS series that’s actually planned in advance with things like all four common rooms. Even better if it’s all on top of a few BURPs like the micro scale castle. LEGO have never made a Hogwarts that feels complete to me and I’d love to finally get one so I never feel the need to buy another system. 

I think the issue would be selling things as standalone sets. The Great Hall/courtyard would sell well as would a staircase tower but aside from the viaduct enterance the rest of the buildings from the iconic view used for the microscale set aren’t super recognizable on their own.

Well, the Burrow is definitely not coming out this year then :hmpf_bad:

As explained before, I can‘t imagine the new set being an add-on to the 2018 Hogwarts, especially since this one seems to focus on the surrounding landscape. My guess is it’s like an Architecture set à la the Great Pyramids with the entire castle, the hills, the lake, and parts of the Forbidden Forrest. Sounds pretty cool actually!

Not a huge fan of having so many non-playsets again, but Gringotts, the BoH set, and the March wave make up for that in my mind :purrr:

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not a huge fan of having so many non-playsets again, but Gringotts, the BoH set, and the March wave make up for that in my mind :purrr:

The only definite buy of the Summer wave for me is Gringotts so it seems like a pretty light year ... Then you remember the price. :laugh_hard: I'm kind of glad there's going to be a variety of sets this year outside of standard playsets so I can skip a lot.

I'm interested to see the Hogwarts and Grounds set as I expect LEGO will have done a really nice design for it.  However, there's so much great stuff released that it's nice to pass on some.  Hopefully there's no minifigures in this or other non-minifigure scale HP sets this summer.