Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

they should have done a wedding tent as it’s own set about £45 with a few exclusive printed figures, then a tie-in Advent Calendar to get a few extra characters for the scene 

They may yet do so. The one doesn't preclude the other, on the contrary, a D2C might drive more interest in the tent set, but that's if they're even released. 

The Burrow could be modular with stairs inside and all 4 walls. Then I would be satisfied. The Hat on the other hand looks completely trash. Sorry. 

Finally found them. The Burrow looks nice for sure, but not different enough to warrant it anytime soon in my opinion. Let the last one breathe easy in it's retirment for a little bit I'd say before it gets replaced. And the Sorting Hat? Well call me a Slytherin, but that's one boring set.

I would LOVE a D2C Burrow! I really hope this set happens in 2024! It appears the entire Weasley family is included as well. They could very well do the wedding as it’s own set next year to go alongside the Burrow. If so, next year will be amazing imo.

Can't believe we're going to have a beautiful $100 Burrow and a beautiful $250+ Burrow at 1.5x the size. Hope the figs are good. Really should include Arthur's workshop and at least a plate or 2 of yard and fence imo. Agree with the others a colorful wedding tent seems exactly within their wheelhouse and demographic aims. 

This is going to seriously make me reconsider staying completionist, this and next year. My very last set needed was the Sirius rescue and I grumbled so much about spending the sale price of $40 for 2 faces and a recolored Beaky. 

The sorting hat is fine even if the brim is a bit low rez. Still waiting for a maxifig Ron with upscaled pets and accessories. That's more pressing to me than DH stuff simply because I know it will never happen. 

This Burrow is an easy pass for me. The most recent one was pretty much perfect and affordable. The leaks look great, but the price point is an instant turn off for me.

So, we have a potential D2C image for next year, but not an image for the polybag coming next month:iamded_lol:

I wonder if TLG will make a public statement concerning the leak. It may well be the biggest leak in LEGO history.

11 minutes ago, Alas_Earwax said:

This Burrow is an easy pass for me. The most recent one was pretty much perfect and affordable. The leaks look great, but the price point is an instant turn off for me.

Same here! The 2020 one is still my favorite set ever since i left my dark ages. It's perfect. The leaked one looks fantastic though.

Bit of a deviation from the current topic of conversation, but Hogwarts Legacy is doing Wizarding Wednesdays to promote the release of the game, and this week’s prize (at least in the US) is a bundle of all four house banner sets. There are a series of different prizes to win so it’s worth checking out for anyone who hasn’t already entered. 

Pfff, it's gonna be more and more difficult to be a completionist. If the Burrow it somehow includes Charlie I might actually be interested. It looks great, but I don't really need it. Then again I said the same about the Hogwarts Express and here we are. The sorting hat is definitely a skip though.

Oh nice. Didn't expect to get the Burrow. The 2020 version was fine but I suppose this one could include Charlie and Bill (maybe even Aunt Muriel too). 

Damn have we ever had this many leaks of sets over a year out?

Also, not trying to be off topic, but where on this forum are we supposed to talk about the new LOTR sets? I want to express my disappoint on the Rivendell being a small minifigure set for $500 instead of a nice display piece like Hogwarts was

26 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Pfff, it's gonna be more and more difficult to be a completionist. If the Burrow it somehow includes Charlie I might actually be interested. It looks great, but I don't really need it. Then again I said the same about the Hogwarts Express and here we are. The sorting hat is definitely a skip though.

this is why I stopped being a completionist like 2 years ago lol

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

Also, not trying to be off topic, but where on this forum are we supposed to talk about the new LOTR sets? I want to express my disappoint on the Rivendell being a small minifigure set for $500 instead of a nice display piece like Hogwarts was

its under the historical themes

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

Here you go:

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Given that I count 9 red headed minifigures, there might actually be a chance of getting Charlie. What I’m trying to figure out with what scene they’re going for, the minifig with the Hermione hair and one of the redheads have teen legs, and the Ginny on the upper balcony seems pretty short too. That would seem to rule out both CoS and DH1. Is it possible they’re doing a GoF set with a little book canon bonus? - Bill, Charlie, and Percy were at home for the summer and joined the group for the quidditch cup, although they got cut from the movies. 

11 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Is it possible they’re doing a GoF set with a little book canon bonus? - Bill, Charlie, and Percy were at home for the summer and joined the group for the quidditch cup, although they got cut from the movies. 

I imagine them basing the figures simply on different moments from all the movies. Charlie has got the be based on the egypt trip picture if he was to be included. The others idk, still hoping for some Fred and George in F and G Christmas sweaters, but not sure if this is the place for that.

These look nice, but I'm surprised these leaked and Gringotts didn't, unless that's no longer happening/rumored? 

5 minutes ago, Dhivael said:

These look nice, but I'm surprised these leaked and Gringotts didn't, unless that's no longer happening/rumored? 

According to the leaker, these were presented as part of a survey asking people (presumably focus group members) what they would pay for various hypothetical sets. These sets will not be available this year, they would be available sometime in 2024 or later or might not even make it to shelves at all depending on what lego decides. 

Gringotts is reportedly the big D2C coming this year, and therefore the survey would not have had any images of it to leak. 

Edited by Accio Lego

30 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

According to the leaker, these were presented as part of a survey asking people (presumably focus group members) what they would pay for various hypothetical sets. These sets will not be available this year, they would be available sometime in 2024 or later or might not even make it to shelves at all depending on what lego decides. 

Gringotts is reportedly the big D2C coming this year, and therefore the survey would not have had any images of it to leak. 

I should also clarify that the survey was mostly composed of already existing sets. The new sets were not the majority of the sets featured in the survey. And some of the sets in the survey were pretty old like Hogwarts Castle (71043) which has been out for years now, as well as the Hogwarts Icons set. Even for these questions, I was asked what price I would buy them for and told what price range they would be available in as well as a most likely price. The most likely price was always what they're currently selling for. So I don't know if they included old sets as a sort of control to compare to the new sets, or if they just continue adding onto the survey and never remove old additions. The Lion Knights Castle was probably the newest set featured in the survey that is currently available.

12 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I should also clarify that the survey was mostly composed of already existing sets. The new sets were not the majority of the sets featured in the survey. And some of the sets in the survey were pretty old like Hogwarts Castle (71043) which has been out for years now, as well as the Hogwarts Icons set. Even for these questions, I was asked what price I would buy them for and told what price range they would be available in as well as a most likely price. The most likely price was always what they're currently selling for. So I don't know if they included old sets as a sort of control to compare to the new sets, or if they just continue adding onto the survey and never remove old additions. The Lion Knights Castle was probably the newest set featured in the survey that is currently available.

Very interesting, hard to say if the old sets are a control, trying to figure out pricings again after the recent hike, or something else. There’s still not much use including sets scheduled for immediate release but not yet announced in such a survey though. 

Sometimes I think Lego sets might just get exponentially bigger and pricier, so that one day they'll be releasing a to scale with reality recreation of the Burrow.

Yeah, the last Burrow obviously wanted a little more interior space, but did we really need a larger remake?

Same goes for the rumoured Knight Bus remake, it's not really necessary.

As for the Sorting Hat, completely uninterested. These giant models like with the 'Hogwarts Icons' just don't appeal to me. If I wanted something that size to emulate film props, I'd buy a film prop recreation.

Lego seem to be insistent that anything can and should be made into Lego nowadays: Paintings, Helmet Busts, a typewriter, a table football set, film props.

I hate to be a moaning myrtle but it just feels like a brand overreaching to excessive proportions.

8 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Was there a option to say not interested or did you have to name a price for every set? Most of the sets I am not interested in buying so my answer would be 0 even for a 500$ set :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Was there a option to say not interested or did you have to name a price for every set? Most of the sets I am not interested in buying so my answer would be 0 even for a 500$ set :shrug_oh_well:

There were about 50 or 51 sets in the beginning and I first had to click on all the ones I was interested in. The ones I didn't bother to click on, I wasn't asked anything about. Like the Hogwarts Icons set I didn't bother to click on whereas I did with the Sorting Hat, not because I was interested in it, but because I knew it was a new set. So for the sets I was interested in, I had to name prices but I could say $0 as well, which is what I did for example with the Sorting Hat. Then I was asked to pick from a series of reasons as to why I wasn't buying it. There were many sets that I personally wasn't interested in buying, like the Zelda one, but I knew it has a huge fanbase and people have been always asking for it so I did bid high on that to indicate a level of interest. Especially since out of all the sets, that one was the one whose inclusion surprised me the most since I was under the impression that Lego did not have the rights to make it, so I figured they're definitely gauging interest for Zelda to see if there's a market for it or not.