Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I'm not a big fan of several aspects of the final film, but that scene with McGonagall is enchanting. :wub:

The Piertotum Locomotor scene is among my faves in the entire franchise :thumbup: The statues coming to life always reminded me of the climax of Bedknobs and Broomsticks, one of my favourite films as a kid. The preparation scenes before the battle are amazing in general, all the interactions and character moments plus the visual of the shield getting hammered down on in the background.

While a lot of that cannot be translated into a set, McGonagall and a couple of knight minifigs would be enough to scratch that particular itch for me :sweet:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Piertotum Locomotor scene is among my faves in the entire franchise :thumbup: The statues coming to life always reminded me of the climax of Bedknobs and Broomsticks, one of my favourite films as a kid. The preparation scenes before the battle are amazing in general, all the interactions and character moments plus the visual of the shield getting hammered down on in the background.

While a lot of that cannot be translated into a set, McGonagall and a couple of knight minifigs would be enough to scratch that particular itch for me :sweet:

Yes, it reminds me of that movie, too. :pir-love: In order to not take up too many minfig slots in the set, imagine if they gave you a sticker for each house for the Knight's shield and the instructions showed you you could pick which sticker you wanted to use. Then we could order three more Knights on bricklink and make one for each house. :thumbup:

As a child, I always used to mod my 2004 Hogwarts to include a Lego bridge from the Adventurers line. This new castle system would easily allow for a bridge - they could do some more stone work for the base of the courtyard and then do a little stone section for the other side of the bridge (I'm thinking just two of those bases from the giant Hogwarts). I really hope we see that.

7 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

In order to not take up too many minfig slots in the set, imagine if they gave you a sticker for each house for the Knight's shield and the instructions showed you you could pick which sticker you wanted to use. Then we could order three more Knights on bricklink and make one for each house. :thumbup:

True! Actually, now that I think about it, that scene could totally work as its own set with Mrs Weasley, Flitwick, and Slughorn as additional minifigs. They could even name it ‘Piertotum Locomotor’! Wouldn’t be the first time a set is named after a spell :snicker:

Very excited with the list for the summer sets. Here are my thoughts:

Expecto Patronum: For that price I'm sort of expecting it's going to have some sort of mechanism to cast the spell, some sort of crank system that causes the stag to cross the lake and knock over the Dementors.

The Battle of Hogwarts: I'm hoping that this is the entrance section of the great hall (designed so it could connect to a new version of the great hall and tower sometime in the future) with part of the courtyard. I would love to get a couple of knights, updated Malfoys (Narcissa especially), battle damaged Harry & Voldemort, Hermione and Ron.

Quidditch Trunk: I'm really hoping this is going to be like last years trunk. I'm hoping it opens up to form a Quidditch pitch, interchangeable team banners, uniforms for all 4 teams, the new broom bristle piece in a variety of colors (maybe a new piece to represent the pointier looking brooms too) and Lee Jordon and Madame Hooch.

D2C Gringotts: I'm so excited for this, I'm really looking forward to all the goblins and the cart system (I'm assuming they'll just use the existing roller coaster parts). Hopefully they take this chance to give us skirt printing for Bellatrix.

@strangely, I'm not so sure about the printing, although a better Bellatrix would be very nice. DA had only a single minifig with leg printing, and that was Lucius Malfoy using a piece that had already been released in another property the year before. 

I was just thinking, many of us ofc thought the 2021 style sets would stay for 3 years like the 2018 style did. But it just occurred to me that 2020 ofcourse also did have the room of requirement, which wasn't really meant to fit in with the 2018 style sets, nor did it fit in with the 2021 style that came after. It was more of an in between style. What if the Battle of Hogwarts will be similar? Just its own thing.

52 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

What if the Battle of Hogwarts will be similar? Just its own thing.

That‘d be the best-case scenario in my eyes. I think people are expecting a repeat of 2011, where everyone was anticipating a stand-alone set based on the preliminary name („Battle for Hogwarts“ instead of Battle of Hogwarts), only for it be renamed to „Hogwarts“ and featuring random stuff like the Mirror of Erised and a divination classroom, and best of all, Harry in school uniform :laugh_hard: If it weren‘t for the exploding bridge, Lucius, Neville, and Lupin, it might as well have been a generic Hogwarts expansion.

That also reminds me again how much better this iteration has been handled than the 2010-11 run. Harry still looking the exact same in the DH sets was just terrible :grin: I do have fond memories of these sets, but they cannot compete with what‘s getting released nowadays

What on earth are we going to talk about in the 2024 thread if indeed both Gringotts and Donny’s Sock release this summer? Add in the Knight Bus, and I’m hard-pressed to think of another worthy D2C for the theme. 

I'm wondering if Gringott's will be similar to 9516 Jabba's Palace and the compatible 75005 Rancor Pit. Not two different sets, just the same concept, where the lower level of vaults/tracks is its own removable portion of the bank. 

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

@strangely, I'm not so sure about the printing, although a better Bellatrix would be very nice. DA had only a single minifig with leg printing, and that was Lucius Malfoy using a piece that had already been released in another property the year before. 

That's true, but we did see more leg/skirt printing last year than previous, so I think the odds are better this time around. And it's possible Bellatrix could show up in the Battle of Hogwarts too, so I think that helps improve the odds of a decent printing update.

12 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I'm wondering if Gringott's will be similar to 9516 Jabba's Palace and the compatible 75005 Rancor Pit. Not two different sets, just the same concept, where the lower level of vaults/tracks is its own removable portion of the bank. 

So you could either display them next to one another or on top of each other? That‘d be excellent :thumbup: However, that wouldn‘t work with baseplates, making it incompatible with DA. Doesn‘t bother me personally, but some people wouldn‘t appreciate it

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I mentioned the Lovegood house as my prediction for the $120 set but I didn’t actually think so many people wanted that as a Lego set,  quite surprising that it’s so popular. 

We usually get at least two Hogwarts expansion sets per Summer wave. I’m thinking we could expect to see another Hogwarts set in this wave. 

24 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

We usually get at least two Hogwarts expansion sets per Summer wave. I’m thinking we could expect to see another Hogwarts set in this wave. 

You‘re still sussy, mister! No way you were THAT lucky. You must know something we don‘t :laugh_hard:

On 1/13/2023 at 2:31 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

TLDR: The numbers indicate how complex the sets are to build, not the properties they are based on.

The Everyone is Awesome set is by far one of the least complex sets I’ve ever bought (just stacking bricks and placing tiles) and that was 18+. Subject material doesn’t completely determine the recommended age but neither does complexity. Subject matter and complex generally increase the age range but it’s a not a rule that can be used definitely. Both can factor into the decision but at the end of the day it’s based on what market LEGO wants to target. 

Seeing that it’s not 18+ is a good indicator that it isn’t an adult diorama focused on a quote.  I’m not really sure what a 14+ set would entail though. I think the kinetic sculpture idea is a good one (and it’s something missing from this wave) but I’m not sure what exactly would raise it from 10+ all the way to14+ aside from it being slightly larger than the previous ones. 

No way it happens, but it would be wicked cool if the Gringotts underground was long enough to stack the entire DA on top of it too

1 hour ago, bRICKbRAT said:

That's very true. Any idea of what format it might take spring to mind? :wink:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You‘re still sussy, mister! No way you were THAT lucky. You must know something we don‘t :laugh_hard:

I guess I’m just a lucky guy

27 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

That's very true. Any idea of what format it might take spring to mind? :wink:

Maybe 76419 isn’t the Knight Bus…

but that’s just another one of my predictions. 

Edited by bRICKbRAT

I really want the Carrows. I'm pretty sure that this isn't the only BOH set we'll get, so I won't be devastated if they don't appear. I can see us getting the Ravenclaw common-room as a room inside a building, which would help make them more likely. 

3 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I hope your 'predictions' are right. I would appreciate another Hogwarts set in the wave. Maybe a boat house and bridge set to accompany a courtyard and tower. 

38 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

I can see us getting the Ravenclaw common-room as a room inside a building, which would help make them more likely.

Unfortunately, that only happened in the book and not the film. The March set we're getting includes the Room of Requirement and the courtyard where Harry talks to the Grey Lady in the film.

4 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

OK, well, until we hear to the contrary I'm going to take this user's comments as what to expect. 

They originally said an "Expectro Patronum remake set" so I'm going to assume that's what it is, and not a DH set. If it includes a more substantial version of the Forbidden Forest then I'll be somewhat happy with that, and extra Dementors are always welcome.

I'd be very happy with a $160 Hogwarts addition, if that really is taking the Knight Bus' slot, no matter what its content is based on.

So one of the unknown sets will likely be the Durmstrang ship - nice (and I'll be glad we can finally move on from that idea that comes around every year). I always wondered if that could include an Owlery build.

So does that mean the other unknown set is actually The Knight Bus, or is The Knight Bus shelved for another year? Perhaps I won't be getting my Lovegood house this year.

I'm still surprised there isn't a $20 set this - I've come to really love those.

Oh, and if Gringotts does really include Bill Weasley that will be awesome. I did go on the Universal ride once, but I spent the majority of it with my eyes closed and teeth gritted.

Edited by NostalgicBricks

3 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Maybe 76419 isn’t the Knight Bus…

but that’s just another one of my predictions. 

:oh: So if that's the case it means we have a surprise D2C. Now I'm hoping for more Diagon Alley Buildings.

About another Hogwarts expension, the Astronomy Tower is still missing in the new style, pretty much the only location from the previous style that's missing, so I feel like that one has a pretty good chance. Boathouse would definitely be cool as well.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

2 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

OMG I forgot Dots, too.

And the upcoming Quidditch themed Polybag $4.99 for us in the US.  I don't know what the UK price is on those.  We don't have any price points for the Dots sets yet but hopefully they won't be as pricey as the Mickey Mouse ones are.  I hope they don't do any of those Patch ones.  Not sure how well those are selling anywhere.

Edited by karrit

Voldemort is bound to come in the battle of hogwarts set. Gold figure aside we haven’t seen him since 2019 have we? There are probably a lot of kids who got into collecting in the last few years that are without Voldemorts. Really LEGO should’ve saved the courtyard for this set since a lot happens there and they could’ve included some exploding features to make it slightly more interesting than the one we got. DH2 Ron is obviously going to be there with a repeat of DH2 Harry and probably DH2 Hermionie (they seemingly gave up on the Ron/Hermionie balance last year). Neville is also pretty important to that scene and I wouldn’t be surprised if they included last year’s advent calendar figure. 

So thats 5 figures already, which doesn’t leave more than another 4-5 if we’re being generous. I wouldn’t really get hopes up for the Carrows but who knows.