Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Lion King, Cho Chang in the Ravenclaw Quidditch uniform, in a forced perspective build with miniature pitch. 30651

Thanks!

On 5/22/2023 at 5:00 AM, Alas_Earwax said:

I mean based on the modular system alone, they've covered a massive amount of Hogwarts already, in comparison to the previous line. 

I was curious how the number of interiors in the two systems compared to each other so I compiled a list.

Connectable-Castle Series (2018-2020)

Great Hall

Mirror of Erised

Potions Room (generic)

Treasure Room (generic)

Grand Staircase

Owlery

Gryffindor Dormitory

Potions Classroom (Snape's)

Snape’s Office

Clock Tower Entrance Hall

Infirmary

Defense Against the Dark Arts (Moody’s)

Dumbledore’s Office

Prefect’s bathroom

Greenhouse

Potions Classroom (Slughorn's)

Slughorn’s Office

Ravenclaw Dormitory

Astronomy Room

Room of Requirement

Modular Series (2021-2023)

Great Hall

Chamber of Secrets

Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom (Lockhart’s)

Lockhart’s office

Astronomy Classroom

Girls Bathroom

Fluffy’s Corridor

Devil’s Snare Chamber

Quidditch Supply Room

Trophy Room

Gryffindor Dormitory

Infirmary

Library

Dumbledore’s office

Study room (generic)

Room of Requirement

Grey Lady's Room

Grand Staircase

Moments/Banners Series (2021-2023)

Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom (Moody’s)

Transfiguration Classroom

Potions Classroom

Herbology Classroom

Charms Classroom

Divination Classroom

Gryffindor Homeroom

Slytherin Homeroom

Ravenclaw Homeroom

Hufflepuff Homeroom

Edited by Ferder

@FerderLockhart taught DADA, not Potions. Also the Chamber of Secrets modular set features what I have to assume is an Astronomy Classroom (in the top of the tower), probably in order to justify Professor Sinistra's inclusion.

Hello,

On 4/21/2023 at 3:42 PM, RODDY said:

I said it at the beginning of the theme’s initial rebirth but I just don’t think the theme is evergreen in terms of material . People will always eat up anything Harry Potter of course but the universe isn’t expansive enough and seeing we pretty much got everything essential in five years time just shows it’s lack of longevity. If it was up to me, admittedly I don’t have any of the expertise or foresight of the Lego group, I just would have done a five year plan. 2021 would have been Deathly Hallows with the Hogwarts expansion being the bridge and boathouse to add on to the 2018 line. Hog’s Head, Lovegood House, Ministry of Magic, 2011 Forbidden Forest remake, Lake of Dean. The Forbidden Forest sets are some of my favorites in this line so seeing them go was sad. D2C would be Gringotts still don’t get why they did the owl. So that would cover pretty much all of DH. Then 2022 would be catchup sets. So Durmstrang Ship, Second Task, Shrieking Shack, Inferi Cave, 12 Grimmauld Place, First Year Detention to introduce a new Unicorn and Fang molds. Hot take D2C would still be the Hogwarts Express to conclude our multi film/book journey. And that would be the end of the theme for me. A limited run to cover all the basis. 

They are starting to run it dry aren't they ( though with remakes they could go on 4ever) maybe 🤔 (depending on how well the D+ show does ) they could replace the theme with a Percy Jackson 🔱🖊️🗡️ theme for a year or 2 and then swap back after 3 years or so and then repeat that pattern or something? I must admit I've sorts fallen out of love with the Harry potter franchise (and some of JK's attitudes haven't helped)but I love Percy Jackson, though the show might be 🗑️, but I have hope for it and I'll always have the books( and the Magnus chase and heroes of Olympus ones and the Apollo ones, still haven't really gotten into the carter kane ones yet). Maybe even Wednesday could fill a similar niche ( though that show schews older then HP or PJ so might not be as good a children's toy line).

-J.T.i.m.G

23 hours ago, brickbride said:

YMMV is all I'm saying.

What's YMMV?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Your mileage may vary :classic:

Thanks, I don't hear that phrase that often and I had never seen it abbreviated until seeing it here. I guess one may say, my mileage may vary with this phrase. :P

3 hours ago, Jason Todd is my God said:

they could replace the theme with a Percy Jackson 🔱🖊️🗡️theme for a year or 2 and then swap back after 3 years or so and then repeat that pattern or something? 

Whilst ( probably heresy to say it in this thread) I also prefer Percy Jackson, I don't think it has anything near the reach that Harry potter does, and wouldn't sell anywhere near as well enough to be considered a replacement.

The four sets I had preordered were all very enjoyable to put together :classic: Surprisingly, Expecto Patronum provided the most fun building experience :thumbup: 

Also, it‘s interesting to note that the magic effect pieces from the BoH set are „normal“ translucent plastic, rather than the softer, more opaque type of plastic used for the superhero blast pieces. They look awesome in person :wub:

15 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Whilst ( probably heresy to say it in this thread) I also prefer Percy Jackson, I don't think it has anything near the reach that Harry potter does, and wouldn't sell anywhere near as well enough to be considered a replacement.

Probably best not to be so certain of that until the Disney+ series comes out. Who knows how that will affect the series widespread popularity and marketability. But I do agree that as fun as the series is and as cool as it would be to gets sets, it’s still a league behind having Harry Potter selling power at the moment. 

Does anyone have a upc for the battle for hogwarts set? 

does brick set list UPCs?

18 hours ago, steam235 said:

Does anyone have a upc for the battle for hogwarts set? 

does brick set list UPCs?

UPC?

28 minutes ago, Lion King said:

UPC?

Universal project code.

The barcode on the package for North America.

i could use it to check my companies inventory for my store, and see if it’s  arriving next week. 

Ooh finally caught up - been a bit off the ball this past year having moved and everything. Due to the length of this theme I've had to dial back on buying every set and instead just making sure I at least get the minifigures and any standout sets - last year for me it was Shrieking Shack and Grimmauld Place only.

I have to say that none of the sets this year pass the new bar for me, I do like the interesting ways the theme is going in i.e. Expecto Patronum. Dobby looks a bit awkward but I appreciate the attempt. Battle of Hogwarts - finally! Sadly it doesn't live up to my hopes for that set and I got sick of the hogwarts sets around the turn of the new design. Too much tan :P

Lots of great new minifigs however so that's a plus.

Can anyone confirm if the new Quidditch minifigs are a) using the same design as the pre-existing minifigs - they look the same but some small things may have changed? and b) whether the cloth capes are the same or if these are updated shape etc. I'm really happy that I can affordably finish my Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw teams now.

16 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

b) whether the cloth capes are the same or if these are updated shape etc.

The capes are now single-hole capes so that they can fit under the hood pieces properly.

On 5/24/2023 at 11:58 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

The four sets I had preordered were all very enjoyable to put together :classic: Surprisingly, Expecto Patronum provided the most fun building experience :thumbup: 

Also, it‘s interesting to note that the magic effect pieces from the BoH set are „normal“ translucent plastic, rather than the softer, more opaque type of plastic used for the superhero blast pieces. They look awesome in person :wub:

Glad to hear it. I was deliberating on buying the BoH, might just go for it! 

So it's June 1st tomorrow and I can't believe I'm not hyped to buy anything. I've got Dobby on preorder from Lego, but know they will take an age to deliver. 

After that I'm just not loving any of the sets enough to stay up until midnight to order and pay full RRP. :sad:

First picture of Hogwarts Castle and Grounds is on Instagram

Edit: First picture of the front of the Advent Calender is on Instagram too.

Edit2: It's from the Japanese LEGO catalogue, which you can find here. (AC on page 72)

Edited by mark1991t
added source, as this came from LEGO's own servers.

It’s a very good-looking model! The scale allows for plenty of detail while still being affordable. One of my favourite aspects is the use of dark green crystal pieces to represent trees :thumbup:

Also, this marks the first time we’re getting a complete model of Hogwarts!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

The new microscale Hogwarts is an impressive set, and very well executed in my opinion, but I’m relieved there’s no sign of any exclusive minifigures because I’m almost certainly going skip it. I’ve already got the 2018 microscale and this just doesn’t add that much display wise. 

This will appeal to a lot of adult collectors who didn’t have the budget or space for the 2018 set, but lego must realize there’s a chunk of us who will skip it. 

The one thing I’m interested in is what’s going on with the wings on those Beauxbatons horses and if it can be adapted for minifig scale winged keys. 

24 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The one thing I’m interested in is what’s going on with the wings on those Beauxbatons horses and if it can be adapted for minifig scale winged keys. 

Could it the the leaf part in white?

It looks really great imo, definitely the best HP set of the year so far. I hope someone adds an expansion to the back that includes the Quidditich pitch, Hagrids hut, etc. Should be pretty easy to do.

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Is Neville the 4th fig in the AC?

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Draco are in the graphics on the front. Aberforth is seen on top in the 1:1 scale box. Leaks suggest that madam Rosmerta from 2021's 'Hogsmeade Village Visit' is also in the set.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also, this marks the first time we’re getting a complete model of Hogwarts!

Doesn't look complete to me. The training grounds are clearly missing, and I don't think there's enough space for the Clocktower and its courtyard either.

Edited by Graupensuppe