Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I hope we at least get a couple of spare "casting wands" to give some of the other figures the ability to cast too.

I don't know if someone already adressed this, but I've been wondering why we haven't gotten any post GoF masked Deatheaters. They're the perfect figures for army builders and it would be fun to fill out the Battle of Hogwarts a bit. If they ever do release any I hope we can get a few different mask designs, but at least one masked Deatheater from OotP and on would be great.

Edited by Mordarch
typo correction

1 hour ago, Mordarch said:

I hope we at least get a couple of spare "casting wands" to give some of the other figures the ability to cast too.

I don't know if someone already adressed this, but I've been wondering why we haven't gotten any post GoF masked Deatheaters. They're the perfect figures for army builders and it would be fun to fill out the Battle of Hogwarts a bit. If they ever do release any I hope we can get a few different mask designs, but at least one masked Deatheater from OotP and on would be great.

The main masked Death Ester scenes are the Ministry battle in OotP, the attack on Diagon Alley at the beginning of HBP, and the attack on Hogwarts at the end of HBP. All those locations have been made since the reboot - albeit with different scenes for each of them. 

The Death Eaters shed the need for anonymity in DH, so if they’re not going to cheat and throw some into the battle of Hogwarts sets (which we’ve got two of so far) then they really need to give us a battle pack of masked Death Eaters. 

2 hours ago, Mordarch said:

I don't know if someone already adressed this, but I've been wondering why we haven't gotten any post GoF masked Deatheaters.

It’s indeed weird, as these are the main mooks. Imagine having no stormtroopers, orcs, goombas, MC zombies, or supervillain henchmen :laugh:

The prior two iterations of the theme also had a weird way to handle Death Eaters. In 2007, we got one that also doubled as the dummy in the RoR, and in 2010/11, all we had was Lucius’ alternate faceprint :shrug_oh_well:

I still hope we get at least one in the current run at some point. Too bad those accessory packs apparently aren’t a thing anymore, as that would have been a good way to amass them :sceptic:

Wasn’t the death eater in The Battle of Hogwarts set also the DaD professor for years 7 ? So at least we now have all 7 of them.

But now I doubt we’ll get all four house ghosts. 

Edited by steam235

3 minutes ago, steam235 said:

Wasn’t the death eater in The Battle of Hogwarts set also the DaD professor for years 7 ? So at least we now have all 7 of them.

No. The death eater included in the set is Scabior, the snatcher who has more scenes in the woods camping sequences.

The Year 7 DaD professor is Carrow.

Now that the sets are up on shop@home some of the details are a little more visible, and I spy a 1x1 round tile with a Galleon print in the Express set. Just a tiny hint at what’s coming this fall. I expect we’ll see several more of them in the Gringotts D2C :)

The battle of Hogwarts set description on the US S@H has a typo saying it’s one of a “series ofmodular sets”. For noticing that forgotten space, they’ll send me a free copy of the set now right?

Good to see that these are out June 1st even in the US. I want to get the Battle of Hogwarts at least ASAP but I’m not sure where I’ll buy these since there’s no GWP. I’ve got a relative who gets 20% off at Macy’s of all places and ideally I’d go through them but they only stock around half the sets each wave (the winter wave was just the Griffindor and Slytherin banners) so it’s a bit of a gamble if they’ll actually have it. Otherwise I guess I’ll just have to be patient, since none of the recent sets feel like they’re worth full price for.

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I spy a 1x1 round tile with a Galleon print in the Express set. Just a tiny hint at what’s coming this fall. I expect we’ll see several more of them in the Gringotts D2C :)

Well spotted! I was hoping for actual coins to return, but that ship has probably sailed. 1x1 tiles it is, then :shrug_oh_well: Those are a good replacement at least, even though they’re pearl gold :tongue:

Also, they can be used to represent stacks of Galleons! Just place one of them on top of a stack of 1x1 pearl gold studs et voilà. I can see them doing that for either Gringotts and/or the vault GWP.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

12 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I still hope we get at least one in the current run at some point. Too bad those accessory packs apparently aren’t a thing anymore, as that would have been a good way to amass them 

How about four Death Eater figures in a Death Eater Chest? Comes with many different styles of hood :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Seaber said:

How about four Death Eater figures in a Death Eater Chest? Comes with many different styles of hood :laugh:

Haha, good one :laugh_hard: Or how about a set called “Stupor!” with a buildable Death Eater dummy with a minifig on a stand :snicker: Or a Death Eater head akin to the Marvel and Star Wars “helmets” :tongue:

Seriously though, it shouldn’t be that hard to insert one somewhere. They could even feature one in the Gringotts set and nobody would bat an eye

Careful there, @Seaber. Now that they've given us The Sock, perhaps it would be judicious to explicitly state that as sarcasm or a joke. (If we get a Death Eater trunk, I'm blaming you. :tongue:)

Hey, Lego, affordable army building packs, please. If that's unclear, $70 is not affordable to net only four minifigs. We need Quidditch uniforms, Death Eaters (masked and unmasked), and more school uniforms are always welcome.

I like the Galleon. The little chocolate frog 1x1 round tile is also very cute. 

Does anyone know what the T shaped light grey piece on the side of the Express is called? Or the angle shaped black piece on the side of the front end of the engine?

14 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Death Eaters (masked and unmasked)

Not sure what the point of unmasked ones is :tongue: They could easily have dual-sided heads like 2010 Lucius, which would make them a lot more versatile :sweet:

I’m wondering if there is a reason why we still haven’t seen any, but I can’t think of anything. I mean, they gave us the KKK-style version from GoF for crying out loud, so there’s no excuse to keep ignoring the OotP ones!

On 5/15/2023 at 9:24 PM, Mordarch said:

Every set in 2024 should come with at least one casting wand! They seem so useful and versatile 

Am I right in thinking they only come in two colours this wave? From what I’ve seen there’s a dark brown wand in two sets and a white wand for Voldemort. It would be good to get it in reddish brown and tan next year 

Theory time: the new (I believe) dome piece used for the buildable minifigure cap (set 40649) seems about the right size for Gringotts, can we expect a sand green recolour? 

3 hours ago, Yope said:

Theory time: the new (I believe) dome piece used for the buildable minifigure cap (set 40649) seems about the right size for Gringotts, can we expect a sand green recolour? 

Possible but unlikely. Gringotts has decoration on the top of its dome, and the piece from the Buildable Minifigure doesn’t have any studs or attachment points on top. Gringotts done is also ribbed instead of completely smooth. 

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. Is the owl post worker in the new WWW set someone we see briefly in the movies or has Lego invented the character for the set?

1 hour ago, chrisincanada said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. Is the owl post worker in the new WWW set someone we see briefly in the movies or has Lego invented the character for the set?

I think it's the actual uniform of the actual Owl Post Office in the Orlando theme park? So not from the movies, but not invented by LEGO either?

EDIT: Here's a picture. https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/owl-post/

Edited by brickbride

3 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

They've invented the character. 

I think I've decided the weird little niche in the BoH is for storing the special wands and maybe the smaller "magic" pieces. I can't come up with anything story or build relevant that dictated it otherwise, can any of you? (Alternatively, has anyone picked it up on one of the advanced sales? Have pictures leaked from the instructions?) I wonder if they'll have us stashing the bigger "magic" pieces in the rock behind the fireplace, because I think they used larger flame pieces than they have been lately for fireplaces. There's usually a reason for things like that, and it's obviously not a Floo.

Edited by krimimimi

Has anyone use the Pixar Up house as a template for a Hogsmeade house? I I think with some recolours and minor changes to detail it could be easy way to make a neat little Hog’s Head or some other shops 

I'd expect us to get the Hog's Head next year or so anyway. I very much doubt that they'd make an Aberforth minifig just for use in the advent calendar, and with the Hogsmeade village visit and the Shrieking Shack and now Hogsmeade Station plus an advent calendar, another Hogsmeade Expansion seems likely.

Seeing some of these reviews has definitely improved my opinions of the sets. I think I might actually get the Hogwarts Express set at some point, it just looks so sleek and compact, I think the new design for that scale actually looks pretty good outside of the renders. All the new prints are nice too, I especially like Hermione's new face, the Galleon, chocolate frog box and photo album prints.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes looks better in these reviews too, the compactness of the build is kind of nice, though I don't see myself buying it still.

I think the battle of Hogwarts looks a bit less impressive in the reviews. Seeing the backside of the set in entirety really shows how empty and bland the interior is.

I think I'll still probably wait for a sale for most of these though.