Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Speaking of the Dreamzzz teasers, I noticed some very interesting potential parts. The poster shows both a male character with what appears to be dreadlocks and an actual hourglass piece. Admittedly this is poster art and there’s no guarantee yet that there are real life parts to correspond with it, but given that we’re talking about one of the main Dreamzzz characters and and object that seems to be central to the storyline, the odds are in favor of us seeing those parts when the actual sets are revealed. Hopefully that means we’ll see recolors in the Harry Potter theme to give us Lee Jordan and Slughorn’s hourglass. 

Nice observation of the hourglass! Perhaps we will get a slug club set or AC next year with young Tom Riddle. It could also be used in a Slughorn’s office set such as Horcruxes…or the Bezoar.

There already is an actual hourglass piece, unless you mean a new one that a Minifigure can hold as shown in the Dreamzzz poster art.

Someone posted a picture of WWW set on Reddit. Don’t see any other leaks atm.

This would have been a great opportunity for the owl with spread wings to be recolored. Gunmetal, gray, or even black would all have been appreciated on the post office.

I do like the puking pastille display and most of the figs. Seems like a big downgrade on the building just to use the curved windows they could have included in the original DA. Not sure the pieces from this would make for a good 3rd floor addition to that one but I imagine some of us will try. 

I'm definately prepared for blank gray plates instead of the cobbled baseplate for Gringotts, if there's even sidewalk area. 

Adding: omg I missed Arnold. I wonder if he'll be in the express, but that makes this an instabuy

Edited by empiresperish

Is that Hermione or Lavender with the love potion? And I wonder if the girl on the far left is Romilda Vane.

I'm only interested in the pygmy puff and puking pastilles girl.

51 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Is that Hermione or Lavender with the love potion? And I wonder if the girl on the far left is Romilda Vane.

I'm only interested in the pygmy puff and puking pastilles girl.

With that torso print it should be Lavender. So the sidebuild is the Owl post right?

7 minutes ago, Xcube said:

So the sidebuild is the Owl post right?

There’s a red postbox on the outside and the sign, while fuzzy due to picture quality, does match up with the established Owl Post logo. 

Wow, A set without Harry lol.

The fanged frisbee :pir-love: Is that a new mold? The puking pastilles girl is cool; maybe bubble boy is inside? The love potion, Arnold, so many cool details and more inside I’m sure. 

This is an absolute must for anyone who didn’t splurge for DA. 

I feel like a B&B/KA could be in the works for next year if they continue with the DA buildings. 

I'm interested because of the Owl Post Shop & all the new minifigs.  Probably can use some of the WWW parts to make changes/improvements to the original build in Diagon Alley.

The minifig selection is nowhere near as exciting as it could‘ve been, but the build looks nice and there are some really cool accessories. Arnold, the puking pastille girl, and the rabbit atop the wizard statue are my personal favourites :sweet:

1 hour ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Wow, A set without Harry lol.

Quite unusual! By far the largest HP set they‘ve ever released that doesn‘t feature Harry :laugh_hard: Unless I‘m forgetting something

So minifigs are Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Lavender, Post Office Worker and another woman - could it be Verity the WWW employee seen in the background? 

Although I think it looks great, it's a shame the post office is included as it isn't a part of the films, just the theme park in America. Luckily the sign could be repurposed for the Hogsmeade Owl Post shop. 

It would have been nice to get Eyelops Owl Emporium instead and keep the owls, but hope for this in the future. 

3 hours ago, empiresperish said:

This would have been a great opportunity for the owl with spread wings to be recolored. Gunmetal, gray, or even black would all have been appreciated on the post office.

This better have more than one owl :devil:

Interesting that we get the owl post office in the set:sweet:
Was this in the movie or is it the first set from the park?

23 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Not sure which Reddit this means. If anyone has them please send me them or a link to the Reddit in question. 

It‘s r/legoharrypotter :classic:

I think the set partially being based on the park is a good thing! Since it sets a precedent, it increases the chances of the Ukrainian Ironbelly being included in the Gringotts D2C set. Also, isn‘t Bill part of the ride somehow? If so, this also makes an appearance of his more likely :sweet:

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think the set partially being based on the park is a good thing! Since it sets a precedent, it increases the chances of the Ukrainian Ironbelly being included in the Gringotts D2C set. 

I don't understand this logic tbh. The theme park is based on what happens in the movie anyway, so what different would it make what Gringotts looks like in the park? 

I don't think it's a good precedent either. Still not sure who the female fig on the left is but the post office employee looks to be based on the theme park staff. I'm not in favour of non-canon stuff being put into the sets based on the theme park at the expense of canon material. I am okay with Owl Post as many of the parts (Owlery part, shop sign, likely the interior) can be reused for the Hogsmeade branch which actually appears in the films, but if in future they added in a random theme park shop to a Diagon Alley set rather than one that appears in the films I think that would be a huge let down. 

56 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Not sure which Reddit this means. If anyone has them please send me them or a link to the Reddit in question. 

R/legoharrypotter

In the picture you can also see the pins to connect, it was probably obvious, but it will probably not be the only building of this size :)

26 minutes ago, Xcube said:

In the picture you can also see the pins to connect, it was probably obvious, but it will probably not be the only building of this size :)

Except it seems like both buildings only have two walls, so if you connect them there won’t be much separation between the interiors. 

43 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I don't understand this logic tbh. The theme park is based on what happens in the movie anyway, so what different would it make what Gringotts looks like in the park? 

Sure. My point is that the dragon is perched on top of Gringotts at the park, making it more likely to be included. If the set was purely based on the movies, they could theoretically base it solely on PS and thus get away with omitting it, which would be a huge shame.

Quite like the look of this.  Easy enough skip for me (but will pick up some of the figures).

It's great for those who can't afford Diagon Alley and I like the new Ron, Ginny, Lavender and possibly Romilda (cool that we no longer need a Harry in every set).  I'm pretty sure Romilda has a medium tan head and dark brown hair which seems perfect.  Twins look the same as from Diagon Alley which is appropriate, no upgrade needed - however the face prints look like wider smiles than before?  The fanged frisbee and puking pastilles are nice inclusions - as is the pygmy puff assuming it's not just a pink stud lol.

I personally don't like the inclusion of something that wasn't in the films or books (owl post) however it might be a nice addition for Hogsmeade instead.  I assume the remaining figure is a generic owl post worker, partly as I don't recognise the character and partly because LEGO has a trend of using generic figures to add diversity (just an observation, nothing critical of course). One owl seems a bit stingy if that's all we get for this building.

The plates this is built on is concerning enough for me. Gringotts is very unlikely to be compatible with both old and new Diagon Alley sets out of the box. Gonna cry if its made to go with this rubbish and no the old one. Couldn't they have left this set off til next year so we wouldn't all be questioning what Gringotts was going to be compatible with?

Looks like official pictures at least for that set should be on a website somewhere 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Is this our first standard playscale set (no Hogwarts Moments, banners, trunks, polybags etc) without Harry since the BB Carriage? Fred and George seem to be repeats of the DA figures, there are now only a couple figures from that set left as exclusives. Ginny and Ron are fine however it’s a shame to get this variant of Ron but no DH 2 figure. Lavender seems to be using a different hair piece this time so probably no bow. The other two figures I don’t recognize. The post office worker is useful for obvious reasons and gets this line a figure that isn’t light nougat which is always appreciated. I really don’t know what to make of that other character though and what the purpose of her is. Assuming they are a character then as much as I’m all for obscure characters I think it would’ve been better to include someone more recognizable that many kids likely wouldn’t have, like Greyback. The Pygmy puff is… fine? With how hyped up it was I would’ve expected a specialized part or something. 

WWW is definitely a downgrade from the original. Seems like it’s literally just a facade and the floor itself isn’t even that deep, not to mention it not including even a suggestion of a roof. I guess we have to wait and see what little interior it might contain. The post office is a good idea on paper, even if it’s not something from the movies. It really needed more than one owl though, especially when there are four slots for them. Brown and white owls exist and could easily be added. I’d like a sand blue one since I still have bent gotten a set with one but I get that they’d want to go for sitting owls. I’m not expecting any more on the interior, I think they would display them on the front if they were included. 

I was at least meh on this set but after seeing this I’m slightly less interested. I think I’ll definitely wait to see what happens with this DA facade format before buying any.