Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Meh. I’d rather the BoH include 7-8 minifigs than these two snorefests, but maybe there’s still something interesting here. Maybe :tongue:

7 minifigures for WWW should not be so difficult to guess, I suppose :laugh:: Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Lavanda, Cormac (unless they put Ginny instead of Cormac or Lavanda).

More complicated with the Hogwarts Express remake, cause it depends on what Hogsmeade Station they depicted (PS or OotP/HPB). I guess Hagrid could be there in any case.

2 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I guess Hagrid could be there in any case.

He kinda has to be, after being absent for so long. The last one was the golden anniversary version in 2021, and DA before that :classic:

Not expecting much out of these two besides Hagrid, the trio, Fred and George, Ginny, and a couple of students.

18 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

He kinda has to be, after being absent for so long. The last one was the golden anniversary version in 2021, and DA before that

Yes, that's so true.

It will be interesting see what Hogsmeade Station they produced. I'm not sure, cause I don't know german, but from Promobricks video I've understood we'll have to wait untill the beginning of May for the first images.

Edited by BrickMatit

43 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I've understood we'll have to wait untill the beginning of May for the first images.

I certainly hope not. Last year, they were already revealed on April 8th and even the years prior it happened towards the end of April. And we‘ve already seen pictures of the Jurassic Park sets, also scheduled for June, a couple of weeks ago :tongue:

Then again, I‘m not really in a hurry to see the nightmare fuel that is gonna be Dobby :laugh_hard: Actually, just give me a list of minifigs 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Dobby

This forum evocated him for a long time :laugh:

I hope too, at least, to have list of minifigures in a short time.

28 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

This forum evocated him for a long time :laugh:

No, we just wanted his sock. 😛

32 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

No, we just wanted his sock. 😛

#TeamUCSDobby'sSock :P

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Which we‘ll get! Just with Dobby attached to it :tongue:

that's what happpens when corporations hear, but do not listen... 😆

I say we blame @Salix. 😉

Edited by krimimimi

I didn't expect a new Hogwarts express this fast after the last version and that UCS behemoth. I still want one for my collection and nowadays it will probably be easier to get my wife on board (hehe) since I finally got her into reading the books.

I know it was discussed a lot with the UCS set but how much would the Hogwarts Express coming in dark red make the new set more appealing for people?

I'd definitely see more value in the set if that was the case as I've been considering modding the 2018 set with dark red pieces.

17 minutes ago, Yope said:

I know it was discussed a lot with the UCS set but how much would the Hogwarts Express coming in dark red make the new set more appealing for people?

I'd definitely see more value in the set if that was the case as I've been considering modding the 2018 set with dark red pieces.

If they did dark red it will become "The train of a thousand shades"... dark red color consistency is still very poor. 

So disappointed with no Durmstrang ship this year, I thought with the lake task set it would follow suit 

I might get the HE but only if it’s got better/new figures compared to the 2018 version. A new Hagrid coat colour wood be awesome, HBP Draco and Luna from the D2C, a Slughorn in teacher robes, Hogsmeade variants of some students to compliment the AC this year perhaps 

2 hours ago, Yope said:

Still wouldn‘t be happy about the remake, but this would make it at least a bit more palatable. Not very likely tho :tongue:

19 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

A new Hagrid coat colour wood be awesome […]

Not exactly high on my wishlist, but I‘d take it :shrug_oh_well: I guess with these two sets, every new minifig needs to be viewed as a win…

@Yope I agree with @Murdoch17 that dark red probably wouldn't turn out well, but even more importantly than that, in this case I value compatibility more than improvement.

I understand the need to re-release the Express, and I welcome it as part of the strategy that will keep the theme appealing to new collectors, but that also means I won't be picking up every re-visited set. If the 2023 HE is in the same colours as the 2018 HE, there's a chance I could repurpose some of it to add to my existing build. Instead of just being a question of the quality of the Hogsmeade Station and the minifigs, both of which are unlikely to be sufficient to persuade me on their own, how much of the train I can reuse helps move the needle on the decision to purchase (or not) a set that's already adequately covered in my HP set up. 

7 minifigures in WWW means the twins, the trio, Lavender, and either Ginny or McLaggen - although there’s a very slim chance of black suit Draco making an appearance since he’s supposed to pass by in that scene. 

8 minifigures in the Hogwarts Express is definitely interesting - especially since the scene they’re going for is still up in the air. Between scenes that aren’t compatible with the Hogsmeade Station info and scenes that are covered in the Collector’s Edition (which I’d like to think they’d be decent enough to avoid), there’s a very limited number of options to go with. The final scene of SS only really features the Trio and Hagrid. CoS, PoA, and DH1 don’t actually feature Hogsmeade Station. I’m pretty sure GoF cut out the train entirely. The HBP Harry v. Draco fight and Luna finding him was covered in the Collectors Edition, while the Christmas journey only featured the trio and Lavender if I remember correctly. The two options I see are a beefed up version of the HBP scene featured in the Collectors Edition with Harry, Luna, and Draco with Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Dean, and someone else added - or the final shot of OotP where the DA are all in casual clothes getting on the train, featuring the ministry six, one of the train workers, and another character. I can see either one of those sneaking Hagrid in just to give SS vibes and because he hasn’t been featured in a set in a while. 

Last summer's wave was revealed on the first Friday of April.  So presumably there's a small chance we get a reveal tomorrow?...

Although I think we knew figures etc. by that point last year so maybe that's a tad optimistic.

2 hours ago, Yope said:

Last summer's wave was revealed on the first Friday of April.  So presumably there's a small chance we get a reveal tomorrow?...

Promobricks assume it’s towards the beginning of May, but I have no idea whether they‘ve heard something to suggest that or if they think that based on other reveals.

Personally, I think it could theoretically be any day between tomorrow and early May :classic: Last year was exceptionally early tho (due to the reveal being tied to the release of SoD), so I think around the 20th is more realistic

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Promobricks assume it’s towards the beginning of May, but I have no idea whether they‘ve heard something to suggest that or if they think that based on other reveals.

In the story, the Battle of Hogwarts takes place on 02 May 1998, so this year would be the 25th anniversary. Given we're finally seeing an actual Battle of Hogwarts set, the first since the reboot, it would make sense for it to tie in with that somehow, at least for them to do some kind of promotional event. 

On 4/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

3 heroes and 3 villains, huh?

My guess is Harry, Ron, Molly, Voldy, Bellatrix, and Scabior :shrug_oh_well:

That’s a pretty great guess but I don’t think we are ready for a DH Ron. 

Have we ever gotten an AC minifig reused into a set? 

2 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

That’s a pretty great guess but I don’t think we are ready for a DH Ron. 

Have we ever gotten an AC minifig reused into a set? 

Wait, so I got everything right, except for Neville? :excited: That would make sense, so each hero has their main opponent to fight!