Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

49 minutes ago, JS038 said:

Shucks. The naming convention of Diagon Alley: “shop name”, definitely gives the impression they’re “soft re-launching” DA like they did Hogwarts. That’s really annoying because I just invested in DA, and it’s a really beautiful set. Definitely makes me think Gringotts scale is going to be fitted for the new relaunch.

On the bright side, this perhaps opens up the door for new DA builds we don’t have yet down the road. 

It does doesn't it. Granted if each shop was more detailed it would have it's benefits, but at the same time, DA is beautiful and could be expanded rather than replaced. The little archway to Knockturn Alley for instance feels like the perfect way to add on a Borgin and Burkes.

3 minutes ago, DannyPowers said:

Same. Hopefully it's at least easily adaptable to the old scale, but with all of the quick remakes, they're starting to lose me on the Potter front.

It will really take the magic out of it if DA is being somewhat replaced, piece by piece. I theorised on where redoing all current buildings would lead when the D2C Burrow picture emerged, and speculated on how it could turn into a quick redoing of DA, but I didn't actually think it would happen this quick. Buying D2Cs no longer feels like a reward now, the big set you had to save up for, valued because that content rarely gets covered in Lego form. It's too easy come, easy go.

I've lost track of the hinted-at/leaked sets. 

So we know for sure:

• Gringotts D2C
  • Miscroscale Hogwarts 2.0 D2C
  • Quidditch Trunk
  • The Battle of Hogwarts
  • Expecto Patronum(!)
  • Dobby

So in the hinted-at sets, are we getting:

• Forbidden Forest(?)
  • Diagon Alley Shop
  • Hogwarts Express (The Third)

bRICKbRAT seemed to hint at a Forbidden Forest, or is that part of one of the sets we know about or an additional set?

Edited by NostalgicBricks

24 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

bRICKbRAT seemed to hint at a Forbidden Forest, or is that part of one of the sets we know about or an additional set?

I'm not sure he ever talked about a Forbidden Forest set.

He predicted that 76419 will be a Hogwarts Castle and Grounds set, describing it as the "Microscale  Hogwarts Castle for people who can’t afford the $400 set".

On 2/8/2023 at 5:56 PM, bRICKbRAT said:

Because this is the Microscale  Hogwarts Castle for people who can’t afford the $400 set. 

I can see them wanting to do standalone WWW and other shops for those who don't want to pay large sums for the D2C DA. If they're they same shops in the D2C DA, I'll probably pass, but I won't completely rule them out.

The only redeeming factor I can think of for the theory that DA might not be getting outright replaced is that the piece count for 76422 is supposedly 834 pieces, whereas DA is 5544. So each building of DA is roughly 1350 ish pieces. So going on those piece comparisons, then this new set can't possibly be a more fully formed Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes building or even be as detailed as the DA version. There's a roughly 500 piece difference, so the most I think it could be is more of an interior playset with a little bit of a façade, but not even really a full outer shell. After all, there's not much you can do to make the DA WWW simpler external wise, not enough to save 500 pieces.

If this is correct and it can then slot on the back of the current WWW to make it more fully formed that would be most appreciated.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

The only redeeming factor I can think of for the theory that DA might not be getting outright replaced is that the piece count for 76422 is supposedly 834 pieces, whereas DA is 5544. So each building of DA is roughly 1350 ish pieces. So going on those piece comparisons, then this new set can't possibly be a more fully formed Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes building or even be as detailed as the DA version. There's a roughly 500 piece difference, so the most I think it could be is more of an interior playset with a little bit of a façade, but not even really a full outer shell. After all, there's not much you can do to make the DA WWW simpler external wise, not enough to save 500 pieces.

If this is correct and it can then slot on the back of the current WWW to make it more fully formed that would be most appreciated.

WWW has approximately 1621 pieces in DA... So this is roughly 0.5 times the part count.

Just now, NoOneOfImportance said:

WWW has approximately 1621 pieces in DA... So this is roughly 0.5 times the part count.

If that's the case then again even more so it can't be a very substantial build.

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

How do you know this @NoOneOfImportance?

Don't know his source, but the WWW model I built on Stud.io using official instruction has 1624 parts (1548 without the Knockturn Alley entrance section).

Edited by BrickMatit

25 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Don't know his source, but the WWW model I built on Stud.io using official instruction has 1624 parts (1548 without the Knockturn Alley entrance section).

Okay thank you. I don't use any building software so didn't know if someone had done something like you have and built WWW in the program for reference. :classic:

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Unless of course you are drawing your info from a crystal ball and it is all essentially hocus pocus, then any info is appreciated. :classic: From your hints I'm guessing it's Diagon Alley: Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

I’m confident on the set names but not the contents within like figs and such. 

4 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

. And If I've understood your hints about the shop (Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes), characthers will surely be Fred and George plus probably HPB Harry, Ron and Hermione and, maybe Lavender and Cormac; frankly not sure about Ginny.

Would hope we get a proper Lavender fig this time. 

3 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I've lost track of the hinted-at/leaked sets. 

So we know for sure:

• Gringotts D2C
  • Miscroscale Hogwarts 2.0 D2C
  • Quidditch Trunk
  • The Battle of Hogwarts
  • Expecto Patronum(!)
  • Dobby

So in the hinted-at sets, are we getting:

• Forbidden Forest(?)
  • Diagon Alley Shop
  • Hogwarts Express (The Third)

I was hinting at the Grounds aspect for the Hogwarts and Grounds Microscale set. 

Everything else is right unless you want to get technical and add the BH and GWP. 

5 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

I humbly admit that your hints, at least for me, were clear enough :wink:.

I really appreciate it.

I know it’s hard to put trust on someone who has no history or track record on here. 

But I’m a huge HP LEGO fan and all I want is to share as much as I can about the new sets.

56 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

How do you know the WWW piece count by the way @NoOneOfImportance? Is there a tool or site that has that info? :classic:

I counted them going through the instructions. Painful, but it works. Sounds like I may have been a couple of parts off. 

😑 I’m actually kinda disappointed with the news of a DA set. Usually I’m pretty open minded when we get news with no pic yet. After holding off for ages with the D2C DA set I finally bought it instead by of the lion knights Castle D2C which I probably wanted more. Only because of the news we were getting a Gringotts. Plus I was worried it would retire soon. Kinda feels like a slap in the face after I’ve paid that money to be getting a cheaper version this soon and while it’s still available. Anyone feeling the same? 

2 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I counted them going through the instructions. Painful, but it works. Sounds like I may have been a couple of parts off. 

Oh goodness you have some patience! I think you did pretty well overall. :head_back:

4 minutes ago, AusMinifig said:

😑 I’m actually kinda disappointed with the news of a DA set. Usually I’m pretty open minded when we get news with no pic yet. After holding off for ages with the D2C DA set I finally bought it instead by of the lion knights Castle D2C which I probably wanted more. Only because of the news we were getting a Gringotts. Plus I was worried it would retire soon. Kinda feels like a slap in the face after I’ve paid that money to be getting a cheaper version this soon and while it’s still available. Anyone feeling the same? 

But you still get three buildings that are exclusive to D2C. 

Plus the D2C shops will always be superior because they are made with bigger budget and pieces. 

13 minutes ago, AusMinifig said:

I just bought DA this year for the same reason, although I haven’t built it yet. I was going to crack it open soon but now I’m thinking maybe I ought to wait until we see the new sets. 

I would be surprised if the Gringotts D2C wasn’t at least in scale with the old DA. Even if it isn’t fully compatible (e.g. not on baseplates, different style of street out front) I think it would be a huge miss if the two sets didn’t at least look good displayed together. I also have a hard time picturing a $500 Gringotts set looking more compatible with a $90 WWW set than the current D2C version unless it features more buildings. Otherwise Gringotts would just be massive compared to the other shops. 

1 hour ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I’m confident on the set names but not the contents within like figs and such. 

Would hope we get a proper Lavender fig this time. 

I was hinting at the Grounds aspect for the Hogwarts and Grounds Microscale set. 

Everything else is right unless you want to get technical and add the BH and GWP. 

I don’t want to be demanding or anything but with how much you’ve said you might as well say which shop it is mate - don’t even use the name just post a pic of the shop in the films so we won’t have to needlessly speculate aha 

12 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I don’t want to be demanding or anything but with how much you’ve said you might as well say which shop it is mate - don’t even use the name just post a pic of the shop in the films so we won’t have to needlessly speculate aha 

It's Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It's Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

Thank you! Yeah I’m not interested in that but it is nice that there will be a diagon alley set which is going to be available at an easier price point for people 

I can definitely see this being a Hogsmede deal where borgin and burkes is next year 

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Thank you! Yeah I’m not interested in that but it is nice that there will be a diagon alley set which is going to be available at an easier price point for people 

I can definitely see this being a Hogsmede deal where borgin and burkes is next year 

No problem. :classic: Like I said above, I don't see how the set can be even half the building like in DA as the piece count is literally half of what WWW is in DA. I can't see how it would be more than an interior playset, so I hope it will be good for those who have DA to use as an expansion and for those who don't to get some aspect of the shop.

My guess is the WWW in this set would be more like the Hogsmeade buildings. So the lower piece count would probably be accounted for by using wall panels with stickers, only 6-8 studs deep, etc.

1 minute ago, nicknack116 said:

My guess is the WWW in this set would be more like the Hogsmeade buildings.

My guess too.

By the way, Hogsmeade Village Visit set has 823 pieces, near to the 834 predicted pieces for this WWW remake, and basically the same price as for the predicted set: 90$. So it could serve well as a benchmark.

2 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

So it could serve well as a benchmark.

Exactly. I think their plan is to have the D2C Diagon Alley and Gringotts on shelves together for a bit while they remake DA shops as smaller-scale playsets. 

Then retire the D2C DA, and Gringotts will still be around for the rebooted DA line (which could easily include WWW, the Leaky Caludron, Olivanders, Borgin and Burkes by the time they’re done).

Then when they retire the D2C Gringotts they’ll make a playset version of Gringotts.

Then start the cycle over again!