Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

I have a few bits of info on the regular sets so I'll try post them at some point in the next week :thumbup:

Very good to read :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Should be correct which is interesting they are releasing both at once given the Hogwarts Grounds is a regular set rather than a D2C. I mentioned about them both being September in a video a few weeks back so the account continues to steal info :laugh_hard:

I have a few bits of info on the regular sets so I'll try post them at some point in the next week :thumbup:

Ah can't wait! Thank you. :excited:

but it's only tuesday, missing a lot until next week!  Can't we have it all like tonight?  :-D

Edited by Legocentrico

8 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Should be correct which is interesting they are releasing both at once given the Hogwarts Grounds is a regular set rather than a D2C. I mentioned about them both being September in a video a few weeks back so the account continues to steal info :laugh_hard:

Great news. Hope we hear more details about those sets.

20 hours ago, Roebuck said:

New book with 3 figs*huh*

DK or Ameet?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've found a news post about it and it's neither.

Edited by Salix

In the lead up to the D2C Hogwarts Express reveal there was a lot of discussion about the possible inclusion of Hogsmeade Station in addition to Platform 9 3/4. After the description and photos confirmed that Hogsmeade wasn't included, I started working on a few versions and wanted to share them here!

Gringotts: Could less parts and a higher price mean...coaster track, or other large parts?

4 hours ago, Jdrewg said:

Gringotts: Could less parts and a higher price mean...coaster track, or other large parts?

That does seem to be the obvious answer yes. Between the coaster track and the Ukrainian Ironbelly there are plenty of places where a Deathly Hallows Gringott’s could use large molded pieces. Add in a big dome piece on the roof and it’s unsurprising that it has a lower parts ratio than Diagon Alley. 

Apparently there’s a new Ameet book coming in June with Ron and Hermionie figures. The Hermionie figure is the Forbidden Forest one with the standard hair, but I’m not sure where the torso on the Ron figure comes from. I don’t think it has appeared in a set as far as I can remember. Is this reused from another theme or something new that we could expect to see in the summer sets? 

45 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Is this reused from another theme or something new that we could expect to see in the summer sets? 

Ron torso appeared in 76392_Hogwarts Wizard’s Chess.

13 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Is it too soon for another Hogwarts Express set? 

In my opinion: yes. But from TLG‘s perspective, 5 years is enough of a gap for a remake. Sadly.

I do hope the two unknown sets are more interesting than that. The only 2HY sets I’m currently looking forward to are Gringotts and the BoH, so these two better not be remakes of anything we‘ve already seen in the reboot :tongue:

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

In my opinion: yes. But from TLG‘s perspective, 5 years is enough of a gap for a remake. Sadly.

It’s been 5 years since the last system scale Hogwarts Express, but the Collectors Edition just came out last year. I recognize there’s slightly different markets, but I still really doubt they’d do that. 

anyone else think the new Luke Skywalker hair might come in dark orange for Battle of Hogwarts Ron in the summer set?

although I did think they’d use the new Friends Autumn hair braid in brown for Hermione in the Room of Requirement fiendfyre set and that didn’t happen so…

It's been 5 years since the last release of a playset Hogwarts express, but it only retired at the end of last year so I hope they give it at least a year's break without one on the shelf. Not that I think a Collectors' Edition and a playset can't be on shelves at the same time as the market for each product is undoubtedly largely different, but surely the fact that some people will have already purchased the collectors' set would put them off purchasing yet another express so soon and there is also a small overlap of consumers who will go for the Collectors' Edition over a playset. But give it a year or two and they might be ready to purchase another playset express, maybe just for the minifigures, to 'downgrade' from the larger one to free up space, because they have saved some funds to do so etc. Of course Lego often does stuff that seems to make no sense so that's just my thinking.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I do hope the two unknown sets are more interesting than that. The only 2HY sets I’m currently looking forward to are Gringotts and the BoH, so these two better not be remakes of anything we‘ve already seen in the reboot :tongue:

Same here. Although the Expecto Patronum set remains in the back of my mind, but it has been relegated to a doubtful purchase as I'm not sure it's going to be a playset. I really hoping the Durmstrang Ship is one of them, because whilst I know it has negligible screen time, it has more book mentions and it would really help to complete the Goblet Of Fire sets. Plus I really want a Karkaroff! It's been over a week since new information was teased so I hope they follow through soon. :classic:

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Would you be disappointed if both sets were remakes of sets that are currently in store shelves? 

1 minute ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Would you be disappointed if both sets were remakes of sets that are currently in store shelves? 

…This reads like you know something :tongue: You‘re the one who correctly „guessed” all of the other sets, right? :laugh_hard:

Well, I certainly wouldn’t be thrilled. But to me, it ultimately depends on the minifig selection. I’m okay with remakes as long as they offer us desirable new characters and/or variants.

6 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Going on what is currently on shelves, I can only imagine that it would a Great Hall and Astronomy Tower remake from that. Or maybe another Privet Drive as that is retiring. Your crystal ball seems to have been spot on so far, so we'll see I suppose. Neither would really interest me, apart from minifigure potential, but I must admit the thought of only needing to purchase Gringotts straight off this year is a bit of a wallet reprieve.

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Going on what is currently on shelves, I can only imagine that it would a Great Hall and Astronomy Tower remake from that. Or maybe another Privet Drive as that is retiring. Your crystal ball seems to have been spot on so far, so we'll see I suppose. Neither would really interest me, apart from minifigure potential, but I must admit the thought of only needing to purchase Gringotts straight off this year is a bit of a wallet reprieve.

If you want to expand DA then you might want to buy the $90 set. 

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…This reads like you know something :tongue: You‘re the one who correctly „guessed” all of the other sets, right? :laugh_hard:

Well, I certainly wouldn’t be thrilled. But to me, it ultimately depends on the minifig selection. I’m okay with remakes as long as they offer us desirable new characters and/or variants.

Let’s just say the ship has sailed! 

But there is always next year :( 

If the two unknown sets are remakes of existing sets, I would guess LEGO is making the D2C have more affordable options?

The $90 lines up with past Hogsmeade sets, so I could see 1-2 Diagonal Alley shops remade in the style of Honeydukes/Three Broomsticks.

Maybe a smaller Olivander’s and a Leaky Caludron with the brick wall?

And then isn’t the $130 set rumored to be a new micro scale Hogwarts and grounds, which would also be a remake.

19 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Let’s just say the ship has sailed! 

But there is always next year :( 

Bummer :sceptic: True, next year is gonna be good, with that Burrow D2C and all!

8 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

If the two unknown sets are remakes of existing sets, I would guess LEGO is making the D2C have more affordable options?

The $90 lines up with past Hogsmeade sets, so I could see 1-2 Diagonal Alley shops remade in the style of Honeydukes/Three Broomsticks.

Maybe a smaller Olivander’s and a Leaky Caludron with the brick wall?

And then isn’t the $130 set rumored to be a new micro scale Hogwarts and grounds, which would also be a remake.

The Micro Scale Hogwarts is 76419 $169.99. 

33 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

If you want to expand DA then you might want to buy the $90 set. 

Ooo now I do like the sound of that. :classic: