Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Is the office with the locked up Firebolt in the Hogwarts Courtyard: Sirius' Rescue supposed to be a reference to Flitwick's office from the book where Sirius was locked up?

Also in the Fluffy Encounter set, is the top tower turret's interior supposed to represent the Divination classroom or the Ancient Runes classroom?

was lets play quidditch with the cedric minifigure in quidditch uniform? i don't think thats in any set

Edited by jwhitney

1 hour ago, jwhitney said:

was lets play quidditch with the cedric minifigure in quidditch uniform? i don't think thats in any set

Right you are. Sorry, forgot about the Ameet figs. Afaik, there are only three exclusive figs in the Ameet books, but unlike the DK minifigs they are re-combinations of existing figs. In addition to that Cedric, there are exclusive versions of Hermione and Ron. (hp394 and hp395 from this year's yearbook. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?B=b22hp04nl#T=S&O={"iconly":0})

I’ve looked for the Quidditch polybag at Target and WM so far with no luck. If I remember correctly, I didn’t find any until late summer last year. It’s on Targets website but says Sold Out. Hopefully it will be available sooner this year. I wish LEGO would sell the polybags on their website! Has anyone had any luck so far?

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Right you are. Sorry, forgot about the Ameet figs. Afaik, there are only three exclusive figs in the Ameet books, but unlike the DK minifigs they are re-combinations of existing figs. In addition to that Cedric, there are exclusive versions of Hermione and Ron. (hp394 and hp395 from this year's yearbook. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?B=b22hp04nl#T=S&O={"iconly":0})

There’s also Rita Skeeter coming in the new edition of the Character Encyclopedia this summer 

18 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Is the office with the locked up Firebolt in the Hogwarts Courtyard: Sirius' Rescue supposed to be a reference to Flitwick's office from the book where Sirius was locked up?

Well, it could be... never thought about it, I admit :laugh:, but this is a set I didn't bought cause in my opinion it's too expensive (considering that I already have both Buckbeak and Sirius).

18 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Also in the Fluffy Encounter set, is the top tower turret's interior supposed to represent the Divination classroom or the Ancient Runes classroom?

For what I remember, one of the designer said this was something more generic and not a specific reference.

Well, I got around to building all of the March sets and I really love them. As others have said, the second task is a real standout - it just looks and feels like a great set.  :) 

any idea when we will see the summer sets? it seems stuff is getting official pictures much earlier than usual. very interested to see that dobby 

6 hours ago, Surge said:

any idea when we will see the summer sets? it seems stuff is getting official pictures much earlier than usual. very interested to see that dobby 

Hard to say for sure, since the Harry Potter sets don't have a concrete June 1st release like the recently revealed Jurassic Park sets, but we got images in early April last year and proper descriptions before that, so there’s a high chance of seeing something within the next month

12 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Well, it could be... never thought about it, I admit :laugh:, but this is a set I didn't bought cause in my opinion it's too expensive (considering that I already have both Buckbeak and Sirius).

For what I remember, one of the designer said this was something more generic and not a specific reference.

I remember hearing someone say that the courtyard set had an easter egg referencing the book so I'm assuming that's a reference to the office with the Firebolt being Flitwick's. The set is too empty to have anything else that could be an easter egg.

Thanks for confirming. I know the early sets had more random stuff that didn't necessarily connect to anything specific so that makes sense.

4 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I remember hearing someone say that the courtyard set had an easter egg referencing the book so I'm assuming that's a reference to the office with the Firebolt being Flitwick's. The set is too empty to have anything else that could be an easter egg.

I mean, the movie only stuck the Firebolt at the very end right before the credits, so you could consider its presence in the castle at all an Easter egg reference to the fact the Harry gets it for Christmas in the books. 

On 3/7/2023 at 6:33 PM, JeanGreyForever said:

I think the contents of that room are meant to enable you to reenact the end of the PoA movie where Harry receives the Firebolt as a present.

Rather than write a letter Sirius leaves one of Buckbeak’s feathers in the parcel to tell Harry who it is from. See also the back of the box; the left hand insert picture. This is also the reason for Harry’s new expression in the set 😁

"Additionally, the same sources detail a narrative-based Mandalorian DLC in development for Lego Skywalker Saga (the character is already available in the game as part of prior DLC) that is also said to be in jeopardy, along with another new title based on DC's Batman that has apparently been put to one side. It is suggested that development on both of these games has stalled thanks to another large project sucking up the studio's resources: a long-rumoured Skywalker Saga-style treatment for the Lego Harry Potter series."

From https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/03/report-lego-disney-and-guardians-of-the-galaxy-projects-among-multiple-cancellations-at-tt-games

I really appreciated the old LEGO Harry Potter games, but the first one had some really annoying bugs. Does someone know what Skywalker Saga-style treatment would mean?

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

I really appreciated the old LEGO Harry Potter games, but the first one had some really annoying bugs. Does someone know what Skywalker Saga-style treatment would mean?

They did a remastered 2-game collection a few years ago, giving you all 8 movies on one disc, it seems to have fixed all the bugs.

The Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga game gave you the traditional levels based on movie scenes, but also a vast open world to explore. Every planet mentioned in the Star Wars movies is a location you can visit and explore - and the maps are huge. Each planet feels like it could have been a game in its own right, with dozens of mini games, puzzles and hilarious easter eggs. If Harry Potter gets the same treatment, then you can expect a vast and seamless open world covering every location from the books.

2 hours ago, NathanR said:

They did a remastered 2-game collection a few years ago, giving you all 8 movies on one disc, it seems to have fixed all the bugs.

Yeah, but in the end I was able to solve those bug in a way or another and truly appreciated the games.

2 hours ago, NathanR said:

If Harry Potter gets the same treatment, then you can expect a vast and seamless open world covering every location from the books.

Thanks! That's would be really interesting.

So... is it too early to speculate about what exclusive HP minifigure will come with pre-orders of the game?! :wink:

Man, this game is gonna be a disaster! The two HP games were arguably the best LEGO games ever made, along with LEGO Dimensions and it breaks my heart to hear that they're planning to make a bad remake of them. Yes, they had some flaws but I'm not stupid, I know they won't do it better. They will do it with voice lines, the Hogwarts will be just a one big area with the same boring corridors all over the place. The objects will have to be just violently destroyed, rather than feature funny and various forms of interactions. It will also have terrible level design, like Skywalker Saga, with little to no puzzles and just either simple smashing of enemies or just walking from one point to another. And the worst of all, it will desperately hinge on the movies and ignore any content from the books. I even have a problem with how the existing games follow the movies in the storyline but there are at least references to the books and also some playable characters. Like, no, thanks. I hope this game will end up being scrapped, like basically any other game they try to make nowadays.

The only way they could actually make this game worth it would be if they would go by the books and ignore the movies at all (maybe, except for the soundtrack).

Talking about the 30651_Quidditch Practice polybag, while I'm satisfied LEGO give us a less expensive way for creating a Ravenclaw team, I wished they put inside the cape too, just to keep the coherence with the other three houses outfit and cause I like capes, that reminds me of old Harry Potter sets :laugh:. Anyway, considering I have no place near my home where to buy polybags I simply bought 7 of them from a german BrickLink seller and I'm waiting for them arrival.

13 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Talking about the 30651_Quidditch Practice polybag, while I'm satisfied LEGO give us a less expensive way for creating a Ravenclaw team, I wished they put inside the cape too, just to keep the coherence with the other three houses outfit and cause I like capes, that reminds me of old Harry Potter sets :laugh:. Anyway, considering I have no place near my home where to buy polybags I simply bought 7 of them from a german BrickLink seller and I'm waiting for them arrival.

Yeah, the lack of cape is a bit annoying, luckily bricklink will provide 

New video game sounds fun, there is lots to cover with a reboot if it uses all the new moulds and designs form the theme reboot.

I hope the open world Castle grounds hub is like the LotR map in that it’s fully layed out all in correct proportion in one seamless space, and tries more to reflect the more developed layout from the later movies. I like the idea of walking from Hogsmeade to the winged hog gate, to the bell towers & greenhouses, round the training grounds & pitch, owlry, past the stone circle to Hagrid’s hut and even walk up to the WW without any scene transitions/cuts and no fixed camera angle. 

Edited by Bugbot20082

45 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

New video game sounds fun, there is lots to cover with a reboot if it uses all the new moulds and designs form the theme reboot.

I hope the open world Castle grounds hub is like the LotR map in that it’s fully layed out all in correct proportion in one seamless space, and tries more to reflect the more developed layout from the later movies. I like the idea of walking from Hogsmeade to the winged hog gate, to the bell towers & greenhouses, round the training grounds & pitch, owlry, past the stone circle to Hagrid’s hut and even walk up to the WW without any scene transitions/cuts and no fixed camera angle. 

Well, that's exactly what I don't want. I HATE seamless open worlds. One of the reasons why I love the existing LEGO HP games, is that it has Hogwarts, perfectly divided into rooms. It feels like I'm exploring the rooms. Man, this game is gonna be a really bad remake that will undo anything magical from the original.

We would never get this, but: I would love an open world where TLG uses the actual Hogwarts sets from 2018-2020 for game play. Even if it would be barebones and open in the back, I would still adore being able to walk through it all. There are some days where I wish I could shrink for a little and explore my LEGO sets.