Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Yope said:

I've just finished building the Ministry of Magic and feel like this is a vastly underrated set.  I've seen it criticised for price, overall size and floor space in each section.  But the price per piece isn't bad (and was excellent on the deal I got), it was actually much bigger than I expected and whilst I wish there was more space to add minifigures to each room, I'm happy to compromise there for better value elsewhere.

I also love that it's still an affordable set for kids on a good deal as it's a very desirable location.  And this is not to mention that it's packed with details from various scenes, achieves the difficult job of capturing an underground atrium with offices, has one of the best HP minifig selections in any set and makes for a great display piece.  For several reasons it's the first time I'm tempted to buy a second copy of a set.

Alongside Grimmauld Place from 2022 I think it's one of the best sets since the reboot.

I’m glad you said this and others agree. I was turned away from this set because the reviews were tarnishing it. Maybe people expected more? I picked mine up at Costco on sale so the price didn’t put me off. 

Truly an underrated set. I enjoyed the diversity in building something other than one of the castles, the colouring of this set is unique, it captures many of the rooms from the movies (although admittedly tiny), has great mini figures, finally gives up a DH prt. 1 set. Although some say it’s small, it’s a good medium to large sized set. It was enough to capture what was necessary. I have mine displayed out on my desk and change the configurations from tall to short from time to time. 

When I see people complain- I get it, it’s good to be critical and not overhype lego when they cut corners, but some of the sets in these new waves have become quite creative in giving us new scenes. I’m overall happy they attempted it. It was a fun build at the end of the day too. 

Are we still waiting on confirmation for one of the larger HP sets or two of them? I can’t quite remember what we are still waiting on. 

39 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Are we still waiting on confirmation for one of the larger HP sets or two of them? I can’t quite remember what we are still waiting on. 

Yes.

76422 ???? $89.99 | 834 pieces

76423 ???? $129.99 | 1074 pieces

Pasted this from the beginning of this thread. No indication of what they might be. Both decently sized though. 

The Drumstrang ship would definitely make sense if we take last year’s winter and summer waves into consideration. 

Last year’s winter wave consisted of 3 ‘gimmick’ sets and the Hospital Wing from the end of PoA. Then the summer wave included the Shrieking Shack and Sirius’ Rescue, two more sets centered around the end of PoA. 

This year’s winter wave has the four banner sets, the Room of Hidden Things from DH2, and the Lake Task set. We already know there’s going to be another larger Battle of Hogwarts set, but so far there’s no word on any other GoF sets to tie into the Lake set. Given the pattern from last year and even this year of normal winter wave sets being expanded upon in the summer wave, another nautically themed GoF set would fit. 

9 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

I think the sink is probably there to connect the Room of Requirement set to the sixth film. Harry first enters the room of hidden things for the first time right after almost killing Draco in a bathroom after all. The sink doesn't really look anything like the bathroom in that scene though... the colours do look more like something you'd find outside or inside cloisters like the ones where Harry meets the Gray Lady in 7 pt.2. Haven't rewatched the scene to look for anything like it though and it would be a surprisingly specific piece of accuracy for Lego to include in an otherwise very loose interpretation of a scene... 

That's an interesting thought although the bathroom in HBP is pretty massive compared to the single sink in the set. They may have used that scene as inspiration especially since this is Harry and Draco's next big scene together in Hogwarts.

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Maybe it's a reference to this quote from the books: “only this morning, for instance, i took a wrong turn on the way to the bathroom and found myself in a beautiful proportioned room i have never seen before, containing a really rather magnificent collection of chamber-pots. when i went back to investigate more closely, i discovered that the room had vanished. but i must keep an eye out for it. possibly it is only accessible at five thirty in the morning. or it may only appear at the quarter moon - or when the seeker has an exceptionally full bladder.”

I feel like this might be more likely since these sets do have some easter eggs from the books and Dumbledore's reference of finding a bathroom is the first ever mention of the Room of Requirement in the books. I think Harry explicitly remembers this dialogue in Order of the Phoenix when Dobby first informs him about the Room of Requirement, so it's even brought up more than once.

5 hours ago, JS038 said:

Yes.

76422 ???? $89.99 | 834 pieces

76423 ???? $129.99 | 1074 pieces

Pasted this from the beginning of this thread. No indication of what they might be. Both decently sized though. 

Okay thank you.  I didn’t think to check the first page apologies. I take it then that the expected D2C Knight Bus is in fact a microscale Hogwarts then? 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Okay thank you.  I didn’t think to check the first page apologies. I take it then that the expected D2C Knight Bus is in fact a microscale Hogwarts then? 

Yes, the leakers who confirmed it on Instagram have enough credibility that it seems quite likely. 

dots

Found this today. Some of the prints are really nice. Gave most of the parts to the girls next door though as I have no use for the key rings. Tiles are random so I'll check bricklink for the missing prints eventually. You do get a wrist band but I forgot to add it to photo. 

Edited by Micmac

I have nearly a month of delay...

but I hope that minifigures depicted in leaked images (Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco from the "snowball battle" in PoA + Aberforth), probably coming in the 2023 Advent Calendar, will arrive in a better set than the 2022 one. I mean, I appreciated some of the minifigures (Tonks and Neville) and some of the microbuilds are really well done (I particularly like Womping Willow and Gringotts), but this is not a type of Advent Calendar I would buy again. Untill now this is my least favourite, while the 2020 one (Yule Ball themed) the best.

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

I have nearly a month of delay...

but I hope that minifigures depicted in leaked images (Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco from the "snowball battle" in PoA + Aberforth), probably coming in the 2023 Advent Calendar, will arrive in a better set than the 2022 one. I mean, I appreciated some of the minifigures (Tonks and Neville) and some of the microbuilds are really well done (I particularly like Womping Willow and Gringotts), but this is not a type of Advent Calendar I would buy again. Untill now this is my least favourite, while the 2020 one (Yule Ball themed) the best.

Agreed, the minifigs last year were decent, but I think the majority consensus among fans is a preference for minifigure scale builds that can be used to create or expand a scene. 

Luckily, with four of the leaked characters from the same scene and the other two being the Hogsmeade pubs’ landlords, this year’s calendar is looking a lot more like the Yule Ball calendar than any of the others. 

Definitely prefer the minifig scale builds over the microbuilds.  I like getting small builds that help fill out some of the scenes in the regular builds.   They always end up getting me with the special figs in the SW calendar but I don't enjoy all the micro space craft builds & ugly battle droids, they mostly end up in the spare parts bins.  Last year's HP calendar was the only one I didn't like much out of the ones released so far except for the minifigs.  

Falconfan just posted pics of the polybag on Instagram! 

Cho Chang, I never thought I’d be so happy to see you in a set ever again!

I’d say the polybag is a huge W! Finally a realistic way to build a Ravenclaw team :)

Maybe the micro build hints to one of the unnamed sets? A full Quidditch pitch would be amazing!

My guesses for the final two sets:

76422: Full Quidditch Pitch

76432: Durmstrang Ship

I really like the look of the new poly bag. Quite a few pieces, I like the bright colours.

Cho's an alright pick, made a lot of sense as she's a seeker.

Defo want to put a Harry & Demontor fig on the build.

Still hoping we get Katie Bell or Cormac Claggen in the Quidditch trunk. Or even Ginny or Ron.

58 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

So glad we're getting an easily obtainable Ravenclaw Quidditch torso. Although strange that the legs aren't white and that there's no cape.

The 2018 style Quidditch torsos ha e the robes printed on, I was never sure why lego paired them with cloth capes. Little fabric pieces to go on the minifigure legs would have been good though. The newer jumpers would look good with capes on, though. 

Great poly! Now just to find her a nice soft navy cape. Bricklink here I come. 🤣

Also, a poly not using a cape piece doesn't necessarily mean that they are doing away with them for Quidditch players as it could just be a cost thing, but maybe they are going to go this way with all the houses now. I thought the Quidditch Trunk set would include the jumpers from the new banners, but maybe there will be a mix. Who knows. But little Harry with his red cape did look so cute though. 😃

On 2/22/2023 at 9:30 AM, Yope said:

I've just finished building the Ministry of Magic and feel like this is a vastly underrated set. 

It's not a great set, the build is terrible and Lego made a HUGE flaw with it. The 6 sections are all pretty much the same build. 4 of them are literally 90% the same build. They should have had 6 instruction books and had the set be one of those 'build together' models. I got it for $55 so I'm happy with it but at $100 it's a hard pass.

The polybag having a side character is a welcome surprise. they are $5USD and I have never felt like they are worth that price. But for a different person they might be.

Edited by Maple

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Also, a poly not using a cape piece doesn't necessarily mean that they are doing away with them for Quidditch players as it could just be a cost thing, but maybe they are going to go this way with all the houses now. I thought the Quidditch Trunk set would include the jumpers from the new banners, but maybe there will be a mix. Who knows. But little Harry with his red cape did look so cute though. 😃

Also a question of wrinkling the cloaks, I'd think. I can just hear the complaints if they put them in a polybag without a cardboard wrapper. (Or have there been loads in SW and I've just missed them? Speaking of, do they use those cardboard things in the SW ACs or just rely on the comparatively more robust packaging?)

I'd love more of the new Banner Quidditch jumpers to diversify how the team looks. The uniforms are a bit too... uniform otherwise. 😉 Not so sure re the trunk right now though.

Along those lines... Is Cho's torso really the same as hp257? I'm not sure the colours match, and the print just seems different. Dark grey instead of light grey and silver, and both the laces and the jumper's blue seem a bit lighter? Either it's a strange trick of the lighting in the render (shades both lighter and darker??), or they did something unintended with the digital file (remember the multicolour wands from the Transfig Moment artwork?), or lego have changed things up again. 

So instead of the anticipated build your own sigfig parts with the new jumpers from the Banner sets in this summer's Quidditch Trunk, now I'm wondering if the trunk will include new robes instead (or as BtB suggested, a mix), and this is a preview of what's coming?

Edited by krimimimi