Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

With the exception of Werewolf Lupin (who had to double as Lupin Lupin 😉), which minifigs had capes that shouldn't have? To the best of my knowledge there were no Muggles, goblins, house elves, statues, suits of amour, chess pieces, half giants or trolls with capes - Muggles probably being the most critical of the lot. Capes were were simply plentiful. 😊

I wish they'd give them a revival. 😕

Oh no, I'm sorry, that was an exaggeration, I was mostly kidding. But I meant characters like Hermione and Ron were wearing them over their regular clothes instead of over their school attire for example.

48 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Thank you, are you referring to this? I liked it, I hope they do it in that color too.

Hmmm, yeah I think that's an improvement. It looks especially good on the left.

3 hours ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Thank you, are you referring to this? I liked it, I hope they do it in that color too.

hyfgf.png

Hello, what do we have here? I’m swooning man. 

6 hours ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

hyfgf.png

Thanks!  This is excellent, we can only hope!  I'm less opposed to customising figs with parts that are released after the figs and this would be a definite edit for me.

That new hairpiece looks great on Riddle and Lockhart -- I really think it has some uses in the Superheroes theme too, hope LEGO makes it a mainstay.

11 hours ago, JVM said:

That new hairpiece looks great on Riddle and Lockhart -- I really think it has some uses in the Superheroes theme too, hope LEGO makes it a mainstay.

Given that it’s supposed to be rare or even impossible for Ideas sets to introduce new molds (which obviously doesn’t happen in practice all the time) and they theoretically could have made do with the current Riddle/Lockhart hair mold for those minifigs, I can only imagine lego introduced it specifically because they fully intend to use it in other places. 

6 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Given that it’s supposed to be rare or even impossible for Ideas sets to introduce new molds (which obviously doesn’t happen in practice all the time) and they theoretically could have made do with the current Riddle/Lockhart hair mold for those minifigs, I can only imagine lego introduced it specifically because they fully intend to use it in other places. 

That rule has been thrown overboard a while ago. Just look at the Winnie the Pooh, Sesame Street, and Seinfeld Ideas sets, just to name a few. Ideas sets are pretty much about as likely to feature new parts as any regular set, regardless of whether those pieces get repurposed later :classic: That hairpiece will likely show up again, but I doubt it was designed just for that reason

I put together the new Room of Requirement and I have a few thoughts:

The bottom section, when filled with all the side builds, really captures the cluttered look of the room really well. The side builds are more satisfying than I thought they would be, I actually really love the parchment build on the top floor. The doorway into the room is also really well done and I hope to see the double doors used more often in these Hogwarts builds going forward (it's just too bad they're stickered rather than printed).

I don't care for the upper floors of the set. It's so empty, and that sink is just ridiculous, it looks really bad in person. To make matters worse, they didn't put arches around the inside of that window above the sink like they did for the outside, so it makes the window look unfinished. The bit of tower that's built onto the side of this room is also only held on with one technic pin and then some hooks, so it hangs loosely and leans out, which ruins what's otherwise a good tower build. The tower hanging off the side makes it hard to put this next to any other tall Hogwarts modules. I feel like they either should have gone without a roof and lowered the price, or raised the price and actually put in a real room.

Edited by strangely

On 2/17/2023 at 11:05 AM, ZeLuiz08 said:

hyfgf.png

I believe tan would work for Lockhart better but in my opinion, bright yellow would work the best.

@strangely Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the set. It's been a common problem for some of these modular sets that the side turrets mean they don't work well next to other towers. Do you have any idea what the sink is supposed to represent anyway? A random bathroom? I'm not sure what the scroll of parchment is supposed to represent either besides a random object in the Room of Requirement?

42 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

@strangely Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the set. It's been a common problem for some of these modular sets that the side turrets mean they don't work well next to other towers. Do you have any idea what the sink is supposed to represent anyway? A random bathroom? I'm not sure what the scroll of parchment is supposed to represent either besides a random object in the Room of Requirement?

I rewatched the Gray Lady scenes in Deathly Hallows pt2 and there doesn't seem to be anything like that in the corridor where Harry talks to her (I believe the upper floor of the set is supposed to represent this corridor in Ravenclaw Tower). I suspect that they didn't want to leave it empty so they decided to throw something random in. So my best guess is that it's perhaps a drinking fountain (that's the only thing that I can think of that might make sense in a corridor).

As for the scroll, my theory is that it might be a reference to the Grey Lady's cameo in one of the earlier films where she's sitting in a classroom writing at a desk.

46 minutes ago, strangely said:

I rewatched the Gray Lady scenes in Deathly Hallows pt2 and there doesn't seem to be anything like that in the corridor where Harry talks to her (I believe the upper floor of the set is supposed to represent this corridor in Ravenclaw Tower). I suspect that they didn't want to leave it empty so they decided to throw something random in. So my best guess is that it's perhaps a drinking fountain (that's the only thing that I can think of that might make sense in a corridor).

As for the scroll, my theory is that it might be a reference to the Grey Lady's cameo in one of the earlier films where she's sitting in a classroom writing at a desk.

I rewatched her scene as well and it was just an empty corridor so I guess they did just throw in a sink or drinking fountain of sorts to not make it completely empty. Weird choice, especially since you said they didn't even do a good job of constructing the sink or whatever it's supposed to be.

I just Googled for that scene and that's a good catch. That also makes me hope that if we ever get the House Ghosts as minifigures, they'll give us another Grey Lady based on her appearances in the first two movies. Although I liked Kelly Macdonald's casting in Deathly Hallows, I was never a fan of how simplified and bare her dress became. 

There are so many great sets coming this year! I was going to get the RoR, but I may just get the Grey Lady and Fiendfyre on BL. I’m sure the Harry and Hermione minifigs will reappear in the BoH and Draco and Zabini are included in the banner. I’m not a huge fan of the banners as a whole but I will be getting my house and hanging it up. The Slytherin Banner conveniently happens to be my favorite out of the 4. The basilisk eye, Tom Riddle was here and the black lake in the lenticular background are all nice touches. 

We should hear more information on the HP summer sets soon as other themes have started to get summer descriptions lately. And we should finally get an image of the polybag that releases Wednesday next. 

Tonks is a welcome addition, although it's a bit odd they didn't include her in a pack with Lupin.

Not that I don't like Kingsley by himself, but I thought it was a weird choice for a standalone when they paired Ron with Dumbles, and most others with someone or another. Hermione is the only one who pops to mind as being sold on her own. Were there others I've forgotten?

5 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Tonks is a welcome addition, although it's a bit odd they didn't include her in a pack with Lupin.

Tonks might be romantically paired with Lupin, but it’s worth noting that her and Kingsley both being aurors and Order members introduced at the exact same time makes them an ideal pair up for merchandising like this. 

24 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Tonks might be romantically paired with Lupin, but it’s worth noting that her and Kingsley both being aurors and Order members introduced at the exact same time makes them an ideal pair up for merchandising like this. 

They tend to be grouped together in Order of the Phoenix marketing and merchandise for exactly those reasons you listed. And if we're going with OOTP Tonks with the pink/purple hair, then she had little to no interactions with Lupin in that specific movie anyway.

Kinglsey and Tonks also work well together with a purple colour scheme. They sound like a fun Brickheadz set, but I'm still staying away from that line. It's cool to think not how many characters we have in Brickheadz form now though for those who like them.

8 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Nice to hear about Tonks - such an underrated character. 

I wonder if HP DOTs are still coming out or not. Only one week to wait and find out! 

I thought they were already available at some places. I know jedijacpenguin already managed to get all 3 of them.

30 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I thought they were already available at some places. I know jedijacpenguin already managed to get all 3 of them.

Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out. I just thought that because they had disappeared from Lego Shop there was a chance they might not see the light of day. I'm glad to know they're still coming!

I've just finished building the Ministry of Magic and feel like this is a vastly underrated set.  I've seen it criticised for price, overall size and floor space in each section.  But the price per piece isn't bad (and was excellent on the deal I got), it was actually much bigger than I expected and whilst I wish there was more space to add minifigures to each room, I'm happy to compromise there for better value elsewhere.

I also love that it's still an affordable set for kids on a good deal as it's a very desirable location.  And this is not to mention that it's packed with details from various scenes, achieves the difficult job of capturing an underground atrium with offices, has one of the best HP minifig selections in any set and makes for a great display piece.  For several reasons it's the first time I'm tempted to buy a second copy of a set.

Alongside Grimmauld Place from 2022 I think it's one of the best sets since the reboot.

1 hour ago, Yope said:

I've just finished building the Ministry of Magic... ...one of the best HP minifig selections in any set and makes for a great display piece.  For several reasons it's the first time I'm tempted to buy a second copy of a set.

Alongside Grimmauld Place from 2022 I think it's one of the best sets since the reboot.

Yes the Ministry felt extra special to me not just because it's a location we've desired for so long, or that it was DH1 based, but because it's one of the few sets where buying another to expand it feels worth it. Around maybe 90% of a second copy is usable; the figs are either good/useful duplicates or have alternate heads; the accessories are good to amass; lots of builds benefit from 2x, especially the prophecies and lower pipe segments to me; the overall size and impression of the doubled columns ends up actually feeling like a set worthy of the price. I'm happily working on both versions of the fountain and the second archway has good pieces to add extra frills to the rest. The second phone booth found the perfect home nestled with my town hall modular so even that didn't go to waste. I got it for the stairway GWP but I find I didn't even need to sweeten the deal in the end. After the single 2007 set anything substantial from my two favorites in the series, OotP and HBP, are like decade-and-a-half dreams come true. 

I'd say the bathroom module comes close too but am gutting most of it for a custom troll bathroom and I wouldn't have done so if it didn't hit $12 on amazon.

The 2nd task soon joins the Ministry of Magic miracle set as another that's almost entirely worth doubling/tripling up. 

Edited by empiresperish

On 2/20/2023 at 1:50 AM, JeanGreyForever said:

I think the sink is probably there to connect the Room of Requirement set to the sixth film. Harry first enters the room of hidden things for the first time right after almost killing Draco in a bathroom after all. The sink doesn't really look anything like the bathroom in that scene though... the colours do look more like something you'd find outside or inside cloisters like the ones where Harry meets the Gray Lady in 7 pt.2. Haven't rewatched the scene to look for anything like it though and it would be a surprisingly specific piece of accuracy for Lego to include in an otherwise very loose interpretation of a scene... 

11 minutes ago, Kit Bricksto said:

I think the sink is probably there to connect the Room of Requirement set to the sixth film. Harry first enters the room of hidden things for the first time right after almost killing Draco in a bathroom after all. The sink doesn't really look anything like the bathroom in that scene though... the colours do look more like something you'd find outside or inside cloisters like the ones where Harry meets the Gray Lady in 7 pt.2. Haven't rewatched the scene to look for anything like it though and it would be a surprisingly specific piece of accuracy for Lego to include in an otherwise very loose interpretation of a scene... 

Maybe it's a reference to this quote from the books: “only this morning, for instance, i took a wrong turn on the way to the bathroom and found myself in a beautiful proportioned room i have never seen before, containing a really rather magnificent collection of chamber-pots. when i went back to investigate more closely, i discovered that the room had vanished. but i must keep an eye out for it. possibly it is only accessible at five thirty in the morning. or it may only appear at the quarter moon - or when the seeker has an exceptionally full bladder.”