Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

13 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Neither of those were in the modular (2021+) system, though. 

@JeanGreyForever, no, not Potions. iirc, the only classroom (excepting the Moments sets) since the 2021 switch to modulars is Lockhart's DADA in CoS. There were two further lesson related things, Sinistra's telescope and star chart (also CoS), and the First Flying Lesson set, but they definitely don't seem to like spending time on the traditional school bench. In fact, with the exception of the Polyjuice set, we haven't even seen any individual boxes to just slot into the modular castle, which is weird, especially as they used to do things like Lupin's classroom and Snape's class as stand-alones. It doesn't always need to be part of a bigger set (CoS, WW), classes lend themselves well to this format, and there's such a variety of DADA rooms / scenes to choose from, too. *shrug*

I didn't even realize that after Lockhart's class and the Astronomy tower, there technically haven't been any classrooms included in the modular sets, not just the potions classroom. And I doubt the Battle of Hogwarts set would feature any classrooms. Maybe Lego felt the Hogwarts Moments sets were enough to satisfy fans who want the classrooms in Lego form, but I would prefer to have sets that can actually be implemented in the modular castle. Like you said, individual sets featuring stand-alone classrooms or even a new tower that features multiple classrooms and professors' offices would be nice. The individual sets in particular seem like an easy way to whip out some of these rooms that haven't been included yet

11 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

I told you guys, there's been people online saying we're getting a new section of the Great Hall this year. Obviously could be just speculation, but it's appeared way too frequently. Hope to get some confirmation on it soon.

By new section of the Great Hall, do you mean a Great Hall remake or a set that would expand and attach onto the Great Hall from the Chamber of Secrets set?

19 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Neither of those were in the modular (2021+) system, though. 

@JeanGreyForever, no, not Potions. iirc, the only classroom (excepting the Moments sets) since the 2021 switch to modulars is Lockhart's DADA in CoS. There were two further lesson related things, Sinistra's telescope and star chart (also CoS), and the First Flying Lesson set, but they definitely don't seem to like spending time on the traditional school bench. In fact, with the exception of the Polyjuice set, we haven't even seen any individual boxes to just slot into the modular castle, which is weird, especially as they used to do things like Lupin's classroom and Snape's class as stand-alones. It doesn't always need to be part of a bigger set (CoS, WW), classes lend themselves well to this format, and there's such a variety of DADA rooms / scenes to choose from, too. *shrug*

@Rolyat24 keep in mind 2011's BoH set, comprised only of two towers and a bridge, was simply called "Hogwarts", so I'm not sure how much to read into a name. They could give us the Bell Towers we keep demanding, a bridge for Seamus to blow up (the wooden bridge hasn't been done yet...), McGonagall in black robes and a Statue for her to animate, then incorporate the Forbidden Forest scene from 2011 as well with Hagrid, Narcissa, Harry and Voldemort. Maybe add another tree or two for spiders to pour out of, a Dementor and a Death Eater. And if we're really lucky, maybe an ogre we can then stick in an extra PPM set to also recreate the scene from first year. That's nine minifigs and a creature so far. So maybe Ron, as he wasn't in the RoR, and perhaps revisit Death Eater Lucius. I don't know if we'd see Neville again so soon after the 2022 AC, but they could include Nagini. We haven't seen her since 2018.

Or alternatively, they could avoid BoH altogether and go with Snape's escape from the school in HBP. Bellatrix cackling! Harry raging! The ruins of Hagrid's Hut in flames in the background... @bRICKbRAT I think I had forgotten to mention that one when you asked. 

I was thinking, as I watched PoA, that the new Expecto Patronum could be from when Lupin was teaching Harry the spell. 

First post on here after lurking for a while. If it’s not being done already I do think Lego should start making UCS sections of Hogwarts. It’s obviously the most iconic location in Harry Potter and I feel like the sets we have just don’t do it justice, especially the 2021 modular style sets. It’s great we’re getting a UCS Burrow down the line (which looks amazing) and Gringotts, but man I’d much rather have UCS Hogwarts buildings over anything else. Start with the Great Hall, with a more detailed exterior and interior. I know Hogwarts has been done to death at this point but they could be amazing sets. 

2 hours ago, Alex6 said:

First post on here after lurking for a while. If it’s not being done already I do think Lego should start making UCS sections of Hogwarts. It’s obviously the most iconic location in Harry Potter and I feel like the sets we have just don’t do it justice, especially the 2021 modular style sets. It’s great we’re getting a UCS Burrow down the line (which looks amazing) and Gringotts, but man I’d much rather have UCS Hogwarts buildings over anything else. Start with the Great Hall, with a more detailed exterior and interior. I know Hogwarts has been done to death at this point but they could be amazing sets. 

I'd like a minifigure scale version too, particularly a Great Hall that actually has four wide tables placed parallel to each other that can seat all the houses and room for a variety of professors at the front, not just the usual 3 who can barely be crammed in. They could include the courtyard with the Great Hall and the Staircase Tower as well as the first set to start off with.

Do we know for sure that set 76419 is a D2C set? Or are we just assuming that because of the piece count? 

Thanks for your answer @Yope

On 2/3/2023 at 2:44 PM, Yope said:

On a related note, does anyone else feel like their loyalty to LEGO is being exploited lately?  It definitely feels like there are too many sets each year and too many repeats which devalue already owned sets.

I understand your feeling, trying to follow the theme - I'm not even a completist - considering lego Harry Potter isn't my only passion - and there are other interesting LEGO set and, of course, limited spending power - , is becoming overwhelming.

Emphasis mine, and I propose a change. I suspect fatigue sets in from having something permanently available, and that you need breaks in between. So it should be more like five or six sets in rotation, any two or three of which are always on the shelves. I also think giving them a little breathing room from their predecessor would be beneficial to how a set is received. 

@Yope I both agree and disagree. (Mileage, it apparently varies. lol)

@krimimimi interesting considerations.

LEGO just teased Rivendell on Instagram. That confirms at least one of the survey leaks even though it was rumoured before that.

I also agree that it's getting too expensive with sooooo many big sets. It makes it hard to be completionist. Even if HP (2018-current) is the only theme I do that for (not counting various subthemes like Modulars and The Mandalorian).

Edited by Salix

I know it's slightly off topic, but wow Hogwarts Legacy is being received so well! So excited to play tomorrow, and I'm excited to see how this causes another resurge in Harry Potter as a franchise :)

It's also really cool to see a take on the world that isn't held down to the aesthetics of the movies only.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:31 AM, Alex6 said:

I’d much rather have UCS Hogwarts buildings over anything else. Start with the Great Hall,

I’d much rather them make new stuff than our fourth Great Hall iteration.

Then again, I wouldn’t buy it, so it would save me money

@Yope a bit, perhaps, yes. Maybe not exploited because they are not forcing us to buy sets! Especially rereleases - if the old version was good enough then, then it’s good enough now. Hence why I’ve bought the new Hungarian Horntail but won’t bother with the new Hogwarts Express. However I do get that that’s frustrating - I bought the Chamber of Secrets despite already having the Great Hall because of the chamber, but if they then come out with a better CoS it will be a bit frustrating.

However, I’m getting a bit fatigued with this theme. The sets are getting more expensive and the quality is becoming a bit more hit and miss. For example, the Sirius’ Rescue I’m not sure I’ll buy because tbh it’s not a very interesting set. I sense this year will be the last year I commit to it, because I’m struggling to think of many more scenes that are essential they create! Troll’s bathroom and Chamber of the Winged Keys are the essentials for me.

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

I....Troll’s bathroom and Chamber of the Winged Keys are the essentials for me. 

That's the point where it's best to stop buying the releasing and MOC those last two rooms. Hermoine's Polyjuice Mistake can be found for $15 two of those plus a troll  you're good to go on the Troll in the Bathroom.

Edited by steam235

Really interesting to hear everyone's comments on LEGO testing their loyalty.  I totally agree that we don't have to buy everything that gets released, but I think LEGO does prey on the fact that people value complete sets of figures etc.  A CMF series 3 would be much more consumer friendly than releasing exclusive figures in kids books etc.

@krimimimi I've updated list of missing characters below.  This time including a list of "popular" characters based on here: https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/harry-potter-characters

It's had 500,000 votes so a nice big sample size.  I've included the figures that have been released since my first list for comparison with the other columns but added a few below for the sake of interest.

Other note: no leaked but as yet unreleased figures marked off (e.g. Rita, Bill, Charlie).

Screentime Mins   Book Mentions   Popular
Narcissa Malfoy 6.75   Percy Weasley 486   Narcissa Malfoy
Barty Crouch Sr 5.25   Kreacher 312   Aberforth Dumbledore
Percy Weasley 5   Bill Weasley 302   Bill Weasley
Xenophilius Lovegood 5   Barty Crouch Sr 295   Poppy Pomfrey
Fang 3.5   Ludo Bagman 246   Lee Jordan
Rita Skeeter 3.5   Rita Skeeter 188   Charlie Weasley
Scabior 3.5   Igor Karkaroff 165   Helena Ravenclaw
Aberforth Dumbledore 3.5   Peeves 164   Regulus Black
Igor Karkaroff 3.25   Winky 162   Kreacher
Nigel 3   Poppy Pomfrey 156   Katie Bell
Kreacher 3   Rufus Scrimgeor 153   Ariana Dumbledore
Mundungus Fletcher 3   Mundungus Fletcher 147   Andromeda Tonks
Bogrod 3   Angelina Johnson 135   Angelina Johnson
Katie Bell 2.75   Xenophilius Lovegood 124   Winky
Marge Dursely 2.75   Katie Bell 116   Ted Tonks
Rufus Scrimgeor 2.5   Charlie Weasley 110   Albus Potter
Cormac McLaggen 2.5   Lee Jordan 109   Alice Longbottom
Blaise Zabini 2.5   Fang 105   Firenze
Poppy Pomfrey 2.25   Ernie Macmillan 92   Arabella Figg
Helena Ravenclaw 2.25   Narcissa Malfoy 89   Rose Weasley
            Scorpius Malfoy
            Peeves
            Xenophilius Lovegood
            James S Potter
            Gellert Grindelwald
            Frank Longbottom

4 hours ago, Salix said:

LEGO just teased Rivendell on Instagram. That confirms at least one of the survey leaks even though it was rumoured before that.

It was not in the same leak and anyway people are debating if the set is exactly the same as in the leak or if it was just a prelim. I guess we will know tomorrow, anyway it do not mean we will get a set like the sorting hat since most of the other sets definitely was prelims in different stages. The sorting hat seems very unlikely as a set to me, but the burrows might happen I guess :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, Modal said:

I know it's slightly off topic, but wow Hogwarts Legacy is being received so well! So excited to play tomorrow, and I'm excited to see how this causes another resurge in Harry Potter as a franchise :)

It's also really cool to see a take on the world that isn't held down to the aesthetics of the movies only.

Me too. I'm driving myself nuts counting down until midnight. It's wonderful to see the creators love and respect the world JK created 25 years ago, being fans of the books. It's an amazing time to be a HP fan. :pir-love:

On 2/5/2023 at 10:37 AM, JeanGreyForever said:

I'd like a minifigure scale version too, particularly a Great Hall that actually has four wide tables placed parallel to each other that can seat all the houses and room for a variety of professors at the front, not just the usual 3 who can barely be crammed in. They could include the courtyard with the Great Hall and the Staircase Tower as well as the first set to start off with.

Please keep this energy, you two. I am desperate for a D2C minifig scale Hogwarts. :pir-blush:

27 minutes ago, Yope said:

Really interesting to hear everyone's comments on LEGO testing their loyalty.  

Thank you for this amazing work. :pir-yoda: But where is my beloved Fang on the popular list? 

Edited by NostalgicBricks

I’m 100% fine with Lego releasing more big sets. Personally I’ve never been the collecting type (HP from 2018-2020 being the exception), I just buy the sets that I personally want and can afford. So if they want to get their toes wet and start resurrecting more defunct themes like Indiana Jones and LOTR, power to them and to those who can afford it. Just because I can’t afford everything doesn’t mean I should be holding anyone back who can. I’ll just buy what I can, I really don’t need everything. The only real problem for me is going to be this year with the overlap of Indiana Jones and HP. But I’m not too worried because I have $300 in store credit (thank you Hogwarts Express 5x VIP Points) so I’ll basically be getting the Indiana Jones wave for free so just my usual year, buy every system scale HP set except Hogwarts and the Fall Star Wars D2C. And after this year with Gringott’s, Second Task, and Durmstrang Ship, I feel like my HP collection would be complete and I’ll just focus on Indiana Jones.

Edited by RODDY

Random question, but has anyone modified their 2021 chess set to make it more playable? 2x2 jumper plates surrounded by 2x2 corner tiles wouldn‘t work because of the gaps underneath :shrug_oh_well: Asking for my GF, I myself don‘t modify sets, my purist heart couldn‘t bear it :innocent:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Random question, but has anyone modified their 2021 chess set to make it more playable? 

To be fair, a normal non-LEGO chess set doesn't have anything with which to stick down the pieces on each square. While with LEGO the opportunity is there, the set is technically as playable as a regular chess set exactly as it is!

Hi! I’ve been following this forum for a long time but I wanted to create an account because I saw a couple local Walmart stores have price stickers/barcodes in the Lego isle for the March wave. They had spots for the banners and the Second Task but not for the Room of Requirement. Has anyone else noticed this? I hadn’t heard the Room of Requirement was a retailer exclusive but now I’m wondering. 

If the theme goes on long enough, I imagine they will do a D2C version of many sets. They did the HE, Gringotts is coming, possible Burrow and Knight Bus in the future. A full Quidditch pitch and minifigure scale Great Hall at some point would also make sense. If you could have a larger version of 1 set what would you choose?

I only buy sets I really like. The only con is missing out on some minifigures occasionally, but a variation usually comes out in a later set.

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

To be fair, a normal non-LEGO chess set doesn't have anything with which to stick down the pieces on each square. While with LEGO the opportunity is there, the set is technically as playable as a regular chess set exactly as it is!

Sure, but „real“ chess pieces don‘t get knocked over THAT easily :tongue: They usually have some felt-like material underneath them to increase friction. Some LEGO models achieve that effect with tires or those orange rubbery pins, neither of which would work here :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

14 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Thank you for this amazing work. :pir-yoda: But where is my beloved Fang on the popular list? 

Fang is not on the list for some reason, I imagine he would have featured quite highly had he been on it.  Personally, I think Fang would be my number one slot for a new moulded piece in the HP line.

9 hours ago, NotSlytherinsheir said:

Hi! I’ve been following this forum for a long time but I wanted to create an account because I saw a couple local Walmart stores have price stickers/barcodes in the Lego isle for the March wave. They had spots for the banners and the Second Task but not for the Room of Requirement. Has anyone else noticed this? I hadn’t heard the Room of Requirement was a retailer exclusive but now I’m wondering. 

Welcome to Eurobricks @NotSlytherinsheir! I personally have never seen them put labels out this far out from date of release... it's kind of odd, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Welcome to Eurobricks @NotSlytherinsheir! I personally have never seen them put labels out this far out from date of release... it's kind of odd, in my opinion.

Thank you! Yeah, I thought it was weird too. A manager was able to tell me they were coming in on the 17th, although I’m guessing they won’t be able to sell them before March 1. I wouldn’t have thought much about it but I’m excited about the Room of Requirement and it seemed weird they had labels for the others and not that one.

Edited by NotSlytherinsheir

So, according to our usual source of information, the rumoured “Knight Bus” is actually a Microscale Hogwarts & Grounds. Glad I don’t even have the 2018 one. 

EDIT: Got tripped over “Microscale”. Thought it was a continuation for the previous one for a moment.

Edited by Otherworld

Microscale :-/

Quidditch trunk, dobby, expecto patronus may not be a playset, now Hogwarts microscale.  For my taste this is disappointing.  I hope there are more playsets yet to be announced :-/

Edited by Legocentrico

6 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

So, according to our usual source of information, the rumoured “Knight Bus” is actually a Microscale Hogwarts & Grounds. Glad I don’t even have the 2018 one. 

EDIT: Got tripped over “Microscale”. Thought it was a continuation for the previous one for a moment.

I truly hope this isn't the case. I have the microscale castle, it looks great and doesn't need anything else. But even more than that, I won't have room to put it anywhere. It's already obscenely difficult to fit with the unusual footprint as-is. Mine is currently displayed on the top of an extra deep bookshelf, and the boathouse still hangs off the end a little bit. Smh.