Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Sis, that Taylor Swift surprise face was cute at first but the jig is up - we know you know and this just comes off a bit like boasting. Either spill what you know or just play the waiting game like the rest of us. :)

I'm guessing a Hogwarts set and a Hogwarts grounds set, given your previous posts.

Ok 

I’m predicting that 76419 is a Hogwarts Castle and Grounds set. 

15 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Sorry but I haven’t seen any of the upcoming sets 

Yes, because you‘ve seen only their names :tongue: I‘m still convinced you know more than you let on :poke:

What would a Hogwarts Grounds set even include? Some grass?

34 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Ok 

I wonder if this means we’ll actually see a new Hogwarts system this summer? A set of this size and potentially named something like Hogwarts Castle and Grounds could imply a new “starter” set similar to the Chamber of Secrets. Unless you just mean it’ll be a set based on some part of Hogwarts/grounds with a more specific subject tba. 

I’m excited to see what this is (and what part of the castle grounds are so important to include in a set) and I’m also now 99% sure we’ll see the Durmstrang ship too!

14 hours ago, krimimimi said:

My six sets in rotation, any two or three of which are always on the shelves:
- Hogwarts Castle |or| Great Hall 
- Knight Bus |or| Hogwart's Express (and I don't even like trains all that much)
- Hagrid's Hut |or| Potions / DADA Classroom 

Have any of the modular sets so far even featured the Potions classroom? 

13 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Have any of the modular sets so far even featured the Potions classroom? 

Whomping Willow and Astronomy Tower 

6 hours ago, RODDY said:

Whomping Willow and Astronomy Tower 

Neither of those were in the modular (2021+) system, though. 

@JeanGreyForever, no, not Potions. iirc, the only classroom (excepting the Moments sets) since the 2021 switch to modulars is Lockhart's DADA in CoS. There were two further lesson related things, Sinistra's telescope and star chart (also CoS), and the First Flying Lesson set, but they definitely don't seem to like spending time on the traditional school bench. In fact, with the exception of the Polyjuice set, we haven't even seen any individual boxes to just slot into the modular castle, which is weird, especially as they used to do things like Lupin's classroom and Snape's class as stand-alones. It doesn't always need to be part of a bigger set (CoS, WW), classes lend themselves well to this format, and there's such a variety of DADA rooms / scenes to choose from, too. *shrug*

@Rolyat24 keep in mind 2011's BoH set, comprised only of two towers and a bridge, was simply called "Hogwarts", so I'm not sure how much to read into a name. They could give us the Bell Towers we keep demanding, a bridge for Seamus to blow up (the wooden bridge hasn't been done yet...), McGonagall in black robes and a Statue for her to animate, then incorporate the Forbidden Forest scene from 2011 as well with Hagrid, Narcissa, Harry and Voldemort. Maybe add another tree or two for spiders to pour out of, a Dementor and a Death Eater. And if we're really lucky, maybe an ogre we can then stick in an extra PPM set to also recreate the scene from first year. That's nine minifigs and a creature so far. So maybe Ron, as he wasn't in the RoR, and perhaps revisit Death Eater Lucius. I don't know if we'd see Neville again so soon after the 2022 AC, but they could include Nagini. We haven't seen her since 2018.

Or alternatively, they could avoid BoH altogether and go with Snape's escape from the school in HBP. Bellatrix cackling! Harry raging! The ruins of Hagrid's Hut in flames in the background... @bRICKbRAT I think I had forgotten to mention that one when you asked. 

Edited by krimimimi

11 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Ok 

Some ideas, mixing up lots of movies together, I can see them lumping several of these things together with some ambiguous year 3/4 students in robes and a couple of new teacher variants:

The Bell towers, a Movie accurate long Greenhouse, the stone circle overlooking Hagrid’s hut, pumpkin patch & scarcrow. A tree with Draco sitting in it which turns around to transform him into a ferret. The Boat House, the Owlry on its hill 

Edited by Bugbot20082

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Rolyat24 keep in mind 2011's BoH set, comprised only of two towers and a bridge, was simply called "Hogwarts", so I'm not sure how much to read into a name. 

Well 4867 was originally intended to be called Battle for Hogwarts, an actually fitting name, before it was changed to the bland and ill-fitting final name. But that's beside your point, which stands. You can't always read a particular scene of set of circumstances into the name. See plenty of recent examples: Clock Tower, Astronomy Tower, Ministry of Magic... none of those names say the actual scenes the sets depict.

12 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Ok 

I told you guys, there's been people online saying we're getting a new section of the Great Hall this year. Obviously could be just speculation, but it's appeared way too frequently. Hope to get some confirmation on it soon.

1 hour ago, Alas_Earwax said:

I told you guys, there's been people online saying we're getting a new section of the Great Hall this year. Obviously could be just speculation, but it's appeared way too frequently. Hope to get some confirmation on it soon.

We already knew about 76415 The battle of Hogwarts, which was obviously gonna be part, well Hogwarts. But there's absolutely nothing trustworthy that points at the Great Hall at this point

@Huigberts Builds, cheers. The IG stories don't appear for me. I'm guessing you need to be a registered user. 😕 Which, fair enough.

@Bugbot20082 focusing on other films makes more sense anyway as we already have a "Battle of Hogwarts" set this summer and the DH2 RoR this march. (Add also any and all things Hogwarts Quidditch, although I'd far rather see a recolour of the otter piece for the scene with Malfoy the younger.)  

@Clone OPatra, thanks. Yeah, the names are often misleading, like I don't necessarily expect Slughorn's Party or greenhouses in an AT set, or the Yule Ball in the CT, or this March's RoR is actually the RoHT version, etc. Oh, I've updated the list for the first page to include the Dots sets, polybag and removed the Knight Bus rumour, if you'd care to change it?

LEGO Harry Potter Summer 2023 wave: 

76414 Expecto Patronum $64.99 | 754 рieces (14+)

76415 The Battle of Hogwarts $84.99 | 730 pieces (9+)

76416 Quidditch Trunk $64.99 | 599 рieces (9+)

76417 D2C Gringotts $429.99 | ???? pieces - presumably autumn release (18+)

76418 Advent Calendar $44.99 | 227 pieces - presumably autumn release

76419 D2C UNKNOWN $ ??? | 2260 pieces (NEW! 04 Feb: Promobricks has debunked their rumour as to a possible Knight Bus set.)

76421 Dobby the (buildable) House Elf with sock and cake $39.99 | 403 pieces (8+)

A Gringotts vault is expected as a GWP, no mention of when though

Three Brickheadz sets:

40616 Harry & Cho $19.99 | ??? pieces

40617 Draco & Cedric $19.99 | ??? pieces

40618 Kinglsley Shacklebolt $9.99 | ??? pieces

The Polybag is expected to contain Ron and be Quidditch related.  

Three Dots sets related to the Harry Potter theme due out presumably in March: 

41808 Hogwarts Accessories Pack $14.99 / 15 EUR | 234 pieces (8+)

41809 Hedwig Pencil Holder 20 EUR / £ 17.99 | 518 pieces (6+)

41811 Hogwarts Desktop Kit 45 EUR | 856 pieces (8+) 

As yet unknown: 

76419 D2C UNKNOWN $ ??? | 2260 pieces

76422 ???? $89.99 | 834 pieces

76423 ???? $129.99 | 1074 pieces

I still think there's a new Knight Bus set out there somewhere in the pipeline; that rumour has cropped up a couple of times from our more reliable sources so I'm guessing they saw a prelim pic, or a set name or heard a description. Which makes me think that even a prelim pic of a Knight Bus set could hardly be confused with another set, or if only names were seen then Knight Bus would be pretty recognisable in any language and not likely to get lost in translation, and who would confuse a Knight Bus description with another set? So even if it's not this year I'm guessing we might get it next year unless the sales of the Hogwarts Express has put them off releasing it either this year or next. It was heavily discounted for Black Friday, but that might not mean it was selling poorly it might just have been Lego's marketing plan for the set all along to price higher and discount heavy to make people think they are getting a good deal.

At 2k+ pieces, could this be an expansion to the UCS Hogwarts, but focus on the grounds surrounding Hagrid's/Clock tower etc?

No. Of course it cannot be ruled out entirely, but why would they release an add-on to a 5 year old set? And one that probably isn’t able to stand on its own to boot? Or maybe it is, but I don’t think many people would buy such a set unless they already own its 2018 precursor, which heavily limits sales :shrug_oh_well:

At 2k+ pieces, could this be an expansion to the UCS Hogwarts, but focus on the grounds surrounding Hagrid's/Clock tower etc?

It's an interesting thoughts, but I doubt it, purely because the 'UCS' Hogwarts was meant to retire at the end of 2022. Granted they have extended the expected retirement date to the end of 2024, but an expansion would have taken months, probably years to create. If they knew it was going to be released sometime around now, why would they have slated the 'starter' kit D2C castle for retirement before the add-on was released?

Personally feel like a Hogwarts Grounds set would focus on more Forbidden Forest type stuff and there’s only two memorable scenes left. Imo it’s either going to be a Hagrid’s Hut remake this type focusing on Philosophers Stone and the first year detention. OR it could be focused on the Deathly Hallows and basically be a remake of the 2011 set, maybe with a Boathouse or Bridge. 

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

As yet unknown: 

76419 D2C UNKNOWN $ ??? | 2260 pieces

76422 ???? $89.99 | 834 pieces

76423 ???? $129.99 | 1074 pieces

The leaked potential D2C Burrow set is said to have 2388 pieces. With just a 28 piece difference, pieces could have been added or subtracted depending on which came first. 76419 could easily be the Burrow and I really hope it is :)

I also hope 76422 or 76423 is a full Quidditch set. We haven't had one on market for some time and with the trunk and polybag coming, it would make sense.

Hopefully we will get the rest of the summer set titles and some descriptions soon.

All you guys got me hyped up for 76419 now!

The stonehenge: YAS

A new Hogwarts system? Yes please!

Bell Towers? YES!!!

Bell Towers using the 2021 Hogwarts modular? Nooo :(