Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I hope we eventually get more accessory packs for this theme. It’s been a few years since the last one and we still never got the much-desired Quidditch pack. Even if the upcoming trunk comes with two students from each house (which is rather unlikely) it would still be prohibitively expensive to form full teams of 7.

Does anyone know if other themes have had accessory packs in recent years? I don’t keep up with Star Wars or Marvel which I think sometimes get them? Ninjago hasn’t had one in awhile. 

1 minute ago, Rolyat24 said:

Does anyone know if other themes have had accessory packs in recent years? I don’t keep up with Star Wars or Marvel which I think sometimes get them? Ninjago hasn’t had one in awhile. 

Honestly, they may be dead :sceptic: Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the Endgame pack we got last spring was the last one and there aren’t any rumours for any theme

35 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

I hope we eventually get more accessory packs for this theme. It’s been a few years since the last one and we still never got the much-desired Quidditch pack. Even if the upcoming trunk comes with two students from each house (which is rather unlikely) it would still be prohibitively expensive to form full teams of 7.

I'd love to see both Quidditch and Death Eater accessory packs. Those are automatic purchases in multiples. I can't believe we won't see them eventually, but increasingly it feels like they're going to make us wait. 😕

Star Wars does "battle packs" instead of accessory packs, for what is presently 5 EUR more (20 instead of 15 EUR) that include some small relevant builds. https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Battle-Pack/theme-Star-Wars

https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Battle-Pack/page-1

Sorting by year released, there's already one for 2023.

Edited by krimimimi

New sets sound amazing. I've been reading over on Youtube/Instagram/Reddit that apparently one of the new sets is a remake of the Great Hall. Not sure how much truth there is in it, but it's allegedly a more detailed version of the Chamber of Secrets GH with battle damage elements as play features. I reached out to one of these 'leakers' and they basically said it was a little bit smaller than the 2018 version, but superior to the CoS version. Anyone else heard this?

19 minutes ago, Alas_Earwax said:

I've been reading over on Youtube/Instagram/Reddit that apparently one of the new sets is a remake of the Great Hall.

Reading where? Links?

19 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Reading where? Links?

Somone said it in a comment on one of Holly's videos. That was the first time I saw it mentioned. It's gone back and forth in different instagram posts that have shared the leaks. I saw it mentioned on LegoHarryPotterWorld's post revealing the new sets, then there was one on Falcon's post as well. If you head over to the legoharrypotter subreddit, there's a huge post for the leaks over there with someone claiming it's going to be a Great Hall remake.

I'm not sure if there is any truth in it, I haven't heard anything from anyone credible. I've reached out to Promobricks and asked if she's heard anything, so I'll keep you guys posted on it.

Edited by Alas_Earwax

@Alas_Earwax sounds like a load of unsubstantiated bollocks at this point, but we'll see.

And you do know Nicole isn't actually the person behind Promobricks. She's just the English speaking face that they added recently to break out of the German sphere more broadly (obviously non-German-speaking fans were already following them before, but the general LEGO Instagram sphere might not have been). Just wondered given that you specifically used the pronoun "she".

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

@Alas_Earwax sounds like a load of unsubstantiated bollocks at this point, but we'll see.

And you do know Nicole isn't actually the person behind Promobricks. She's just the English speaking face that they added recently to break out of the German sphere more broadly (obviously non-German-speaking fans were already following them before, but the general LEGO Instagram sphere might not have been).

I genuinely hopes your right. I would be quite annoyed with another Great Hall, especially seen as we've had two in the past few years and I think there's more areas of Hogwarts they haven't explored yet.

I had no idea actually haha! Thank you for letting me know.

With regard to the March sets, do we know if they may hit stores early at all? Pretty eager to get hold of them all.

5 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

Somone said it in a comment on one of Holly's videos.

Ah yes, the most trustworthy source of them all: the Youtube comments section :laugh_hard:

Yeah, this sounds like utter hogwash. Another Great Hall after only two years? Get outa here :laugh:

5 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

With regard to the March sets, do we know if they may hit stores early at all? Pretty eager to get hold of them all.

If you‘re lucky, you may find them towards the end of February. Some shops do break street dates :classic:

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If you‘re lucky, you may find them towards the end of February. Some shops do break street dates :classic:

Apparently some people already got them through Mercari in the US. Source: Instagram.

7 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

I've been reading over on Youtube/Instagram/Reddit that apparently one of the new sets is a remake of the Great Hall

LEGO could prove me wrong, of course, but Great Hall is a so iconic that LEGO producing it indicated in the past the beginning of something new (an era ago :laugh: in 2001 when Harry Potter theme come for the first time and in 2010 when the theme returned after a 3 year stop; recently in 2018, with the new appearance of the theme, and in 2021 with the change of style and first soft reboot of the theme). Of course, this is not a rigid scheme, LEGO could do anyrything else, but the arriving of a new Great Hall on the shelves would probably indicate a new reboot.

More concretely I won't expect a remake of the Great Hall while the actual Great Hall, in the Chamber of Secrets set, is still in production (and I've read that the end of life for this set is 2024).

Edited by BrickMatit

2 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Has anything significant ever happened on the Hogwarts Grounds? 

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named died, Harry didn't (ta, Narcissa), Aragog did (and was buried), as did Colin and +/- fifty more, not sure how many of those were castle (Fred, Crabbe/Goyle) or grounds though. There was unicorn blood slurped (a chance for a Fang and named centaurs), or the scene with the spiders and a battered version of the Ford Anglia we've never had in a set (want). The Expecto Thing with Black. Harry learning to fly on Beaky, the core six... borrowing some Thestrals and bunking off to the Ministry. Oh! Snape's grey pants, and possibly more, were exposed to the world, if we did a time jump. We have not had that particular Snape variant.

And perhaps some way to work in the Giant Squid...

Edited by krimimimi

Thanks for clearing this up. It's easy to get lost with leaks & rumours with regards to lego sets that It's hard to tell what's right any more. I'm glad it's likely a false rumour.

With regards to the Great Halls, I've learned to actually appreciate the Chamber of Secrets version so much. The build overall is just so fun and looks great alongside the over modular elements. Has anyone switched the larger 2018 Great Hall roof to green? I'm super curious how that would look.

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Apparently some people already got them through Mercari in the US. Source: Instagram.

Isn't Mercari just another kind of eBay?

EDIT: Yes, yes, it is.

Edited by Salix
yup

8 hours ago, krimimimi said:

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named died, Harry didn't (ta, Narcissa), Aragog did (and was buried), as did Colin and +/- fifty more, not sure how many of those were castle (Fred, Crabbe/Goyle) or grounds though. There was unicorn blood slurped (a chance for a Fang and named centaurs), or the scene with the spiders and a battered version of the Ford Anglia we've never had in a set (want). The Expecto Thing with Black. Harry learning to fly on Beaky, the core six... borrowing some Thestrals and bunking off to the Ministry. Oh! Snape's grey pants, and possibly more, were exposed to the world, if we did a time jump. We have not had that particular Snape variant.

And perhaps some way to work in the Giant Squid...

I wonder if any of those scenes would translate to a Hogwarts Ground set. 

If it is another Great Hall set, maybe it will be a DHII version where part of it is destroyed.

HollyOnFilm has uploaded their review of the Gryffindor House Banner set (46409). Not so much new going on, but a small detail they noticed is the the Gryffindor cardigan isn't exactly the same as in the 2020 Hogwarts Room of Requirement (75966) as shows the comparison below: (left is new, right is old)

harry.png

For the folks of the Netherlands out here: Het Deenste Steentje has pre-orders up for all new March Harry Potter sets with reduced prices. All 4 banners go for € 27,95 apiece for instance. 

Still surprised we haven't seen the DOTs yet. I wonder if they're waiting for Hogwarts Legacy release week to ride the WW hype (remember the 2022 summer sets were unveiled on FB:SoD release date).

On 1/27/2023 at 8:45 AM, bRICKbRAT said:

Has anything significant ever happened on the Hogwarts Grounds? 

Will this be my chance to finally get a Fang? Please...

4 hours ago, mark1991t said:

HollyOnFilm has uploaded their review of the Gryffindor House Banner set (46409). Not so much new going on, but a small detail they noticed is the the Gryffindor cardigan isn't exactly the same as in the 2020 Hogwarts Room of Requirement (75966) as shows the comparison below: (left is new, right is old)

Oh I like that new one much better. The 2020 torso has always bothered me, something looks just a bit off. This new one, while maybe a bit more cartoony, definitely appears more consistent with LEGO’s usual graphic design. 

1 hour ago, Rolyat24 said:

Oh I like that new one much better.

While I agree, this is a pretty pointless change :laugh: Good thing this theme has a substantial budget, otherwise this would be rather wasteful

14 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Still surprised we haven't seen the DOTs yet. I wonder if they're waiting for Hogwarts Legacy release week to ride the WW hype (remember the 2022 summer sets were unveiled on FB:SoD release date).

Maybe if it were regular sets, but with the DOTS theme as a whole ending with the March sets I’m not sure how much lego will actually be planning to hype these sets. 

And while a PG-13 movie and standard playsets have a decent level of overlap in target audiences - a violent video game with an older teen rating and DOTS of all crossover themes? Not so much. 

Hopefully, with next week marking T minus 1 month and counting on their reported release we’ll see them unceremoniously added to shop@home, but I can’t say I’m not worried that the turmoil from DOTS being cancelled will delay things. 

I haven't been keeping up with the new HP sets that have been confirmed so has there been any talk about a new Burrow set? Or a brick-built Sorting Hat? I just got a look at both through a survey of upcoming Lego sets and although I can't post pics, I can talk about them.

The Burrow set is 2388 pieces and will be released in a price range of $200-325, probably $250. It measures 20 inches/50 cm high. It looks a lot more detailed and better than the previous two Burrow sets imo although the design still seems preliminary. There are 9 minifigures depicted but they all have generic white bodies and faceless heads and there's no description as to which minifigures they are. The only thing that distinguishes the figures is that they have specific hairpieces. I don't see a Harry but there is a Hermione because she's got her trademark brown hairpiece. Every other minifigure has red hair so I'm guessing Hermione is the only non-Weasley included. I can tell that one of them is definitely Molly, one is Ron, and two are Fred and George. That leaves four other red-headed characters who I can't tell but I'm guessing they would probably include Arthur, Ginny, and Percy. There's nothing about the set that seems themed to Half-Blood Prince so I'm assuming it's based more on the Chamber of Secrets. The image I saw was only of the exterior so I have no idea what the interior looks like except that the description of the set mentions dishes that wash themselves.

The brick-built Sorting Hat I saw was priced to be $100 and it stands on a base. There was no description for this so I don't know if it has any specific features like if the eyes or mouth can move. However, it's quite impressive looking and would make for a good display especially along with the previous Hogwarts Icons set. I know that set wasn't very popular on here so I'm assuming people will feel likewise about this.