Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Gryffindor said:

1. The Expecto Patronum set will be like the Hedwig, Fawkes, and Hungarian Horntail sets. Basically a big patronus stag that maybe gallops when you turn a crank or something? 

That actually sounds much more likely than a 700+ pieces lake. I could totally see it happening.

7 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

I'm really with you here. I always felt that Harry Potter was a theme that had reasonably priced sets and didn't create unnecessary big and expensive sets. This wave has really changed my mind. The only set I'm very happy with is the BOH. I really liked what they did design-wise with the March wave and I can see them doing a great job with the build and minifigures.

Yeah, exactly. The prices are off in this wave. Five sets priced between 65€ and 130€ is crazy – I mean, not even a single small set? Dobby doesn't count, nor does the Advent Calendar, and they aren't even small-small.

Crazy that the smallest non-gimmick set we got this year is 45€, and we have plenty of sets.

On the other hand, it's okay, because I'll just buy the Battle of Hogwarts. 

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I mean the other scenes would be too dark to include him in, and Grimmauld Place is already been done (and I don't see them updating it any time soon).

There's always a chance of a Grimmauld Place AC, and a free Dobby could fit there, although that still wouldn't take advantage of the built in Christmas theme possibilities the location and story offers. Then again, the 2021 and 2022 ACs didn't either. 

Thanks for putting all the info in one place @NostalgicBricks. So glad I've managed to get my head around not being a completionist with this theme now when you lay out the costs like that. :grin: They really aren't going small with the theme this year!

I was having a think about the likely hood of the 'Expecto Patronum' set being a diorama. The age range we were told for 76414 is 14+. The diorama sets are meant to be aimed at an older audience. So all of the Star Wars and the Jurassic Park dioramas are all 18+. Assuming they don't change the purpose of the dioramas for the Harry Potter theme, 76414 is most likely a play set and not a diorama as it doesn't fit the trend of age ranges. Further, I would argue because of the older age range in the first place (14+), it is far more likely to be a DH set than a POA. This is just pure speculation, and the other two deathly hallows sets have been 8-9+. So maybe this is at least a darker set or something challenging like the mechanic patronus being described before. 

56 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

I was having a think about the likely hood of the 'Expecto Patronum' set being a diorama. The age range we were told for 76414 is 14+. The diorama sets are meant to be aimed at an older audience. So all of the Star Wars and the Jurassic Park dioramas are all 18+. Assuming they don't change the purpose of the dioramas for the Harry Potter theme, 76414 is most likely a play set and not a diorama as it doesn't fit the trend of age ranges. Further, I would argue because of the older age range in the first place (14+), it is far more likely to be a DH set than a POA. This is just pure speculation, and the other two deathly hallows sets have been 8-9+. So maybe this is at least a darker set or something challenging like the mechanic patronus being described before. 

Good point about the dioramas, it indeed would have most likely been 18+ if that was the case. But the age rating doesn't really have anything to do with how dark the sets are but more with how hard it is to build/how complex they are, I mean the graveyard duel was 7+, doesn't get much darker than that. So it could still very much be PoA based.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

76414 Expecto Patronum - Really not sure what to make of this. I missed the promobricks video, did they say it was a diorama like set, or only that it might be based on price? I know it's been raised before that is doesn't have 'Hogwarts' in the set name, so may not be a modular castle build, but if it was the set could take place in the Astronomy Classroom (where Harry trains) and Gryffindor Tower with the torn Fat Lady Portrait. With DADA, Divination and Hospital Wing sets are currently on shelves, those two rooms would pretty much complete the Hogwarts rooms from PoA and could be set up similar to last year's Dumbledore's Office, which combined the office and library. 

76415 The Battle of Hogwarts - I imagine we'll see plenty of sets based on the BoH in future as there is plenty of action with multiple characters and locations (wooden bridge, viaduct, forbidden forest, boathouse, courtyard, etc) so hopefully people don't get upset if their favourite bit doesn't get included. To be honest there is enough material for a whole wave of BoH sets! My personal preference would include the wooden bridge or boat house. 

76416 Quidditch Trunk - I'm looking forward to this. I hope it comes with the 2018-22 style of Quidditch robes which do not require the Cape, although fully expect them to have the new style. If we get 6 minifigs, one for each house, I hope Lee Jordan comes in some form as well as either Hooch or McGonnagall in her cold weather hat. 

76417 Gringotts Bank - ahh, the big one for some on here. As long as it is compatible with Da, all is well. I'm sure the below ground features will be detachable so the bank can be displayed either with the street or with the vaults. I would hope some more shops would be included, but would rather keep Knockturn Alley and Leaky Cauldron for another day, and bundle in a few other shops with them so we can complete the street. 

76419 The Knight Bus - I'm sure the set will look great, but as for figures I'm not sure the ones from 2019 can be improved too much. It could include Tom or Fudge I suppose. 

76421 Dobby the House Elf - not too bothered, apart from I may well be interested in the figure it comes with and any stickers. 

56 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

There's always a chance of a Grimmauld Place AC, and a free Dobby could fit there, although that still wouldn't take advantage of the built in Christmas theme possibilities the location and story offers. Then again, the 2021 and 2022 ACs didn't either. 

True, didn't think about that, but I feel like the duel molded legs he would need for the shoes (which are like the most important difference) might be a bit too much for an advent calendar. Could be wrong though. And like you said, if they would really focus an AC on Grimmault Place he wouldn't really fit into the Christmas theme, which sure didn't matter for 2021 and 2022, but those years weren't really focused on a specific scene or moment anyway, they were much more broad

47 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

The age ranges for sets having nothing to do with things they are based on.

They indicate who they are aimed for: below 4 are Duplo, 4+ are for smaller children, 18+ are for adult collectors, and everything in between is for children in general. Of course it's just a suggestion – an adult can have fun with 4+ sets, and some children wouldn't say no to an 18+ set.

TLDR: The numbers indicate how complex the sets are to build, not the properties they are based on.

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

76414 Expecto Patronum - Really not sure what to make of this. I missed the promobricks video, did they say it was a diorama like set, or only that it might be based on price? I know it's been raised before that is doesn't have 'Hogwarts' in the set name, so may not be a modular castle build, but if it was the set could take place in the Astronomy Classroom (where Harry trains) and Gryffindor Tower with the torn Fat Lady Portrait.   

promobricks didn't mention "diorama" as a possibility at all, but then also didn't know anything further about it definitively other than piece count, the price and those two words "Expecto Patronum", so that doesn't rule it out either. We have to work with what they have, so it's still open what kind of set it will be (or at least as far as the piece count permits) and what movie it would be from, although they speculated it might be Aberforth in DH to tie in with the known BoH set. (Was that necessarily a Patronus though? Or non-corporeal if so?) Regardless, it was also a very quick scene, so my guess would be any of the other suggestions people have made here before that one. (Then again, how long is the Durmstrang ship visible? 🤔 Maybe screen time just isn't the factor I think it is.) 

If you look at the lists @sebastian666 and @NostalgicBricks put together for us, you'll see that none of the new names include the "Hogwarts:" etc. prefixes, so either there are no more castle sets this year amongst the known quantities, which seems unlikely, or we shouldn't read too much into that.  

I hope the person on here who wants a UCS Dobby Sock is somewhat happy with these rumours :laugh:

I've been away for a while now, moving home etc has kind of taken up my spare time. I've largely diverged into just collecting minifigs now due to having less space, plus the castle sets aren't really doing it for me. So I've had to be strict on myself and say no to every set. Although I have bought and have on display the Shrieking Shack and Grimmauld Place from last year. Also got the Ministry but a little bit disappointed with the scope of it. If I had the space and money I'd buy another Ministry and pad it out.

Gringotts has me intrigued. I hope hope hope it's in scale with Diagon Alley, and can at least be retrofitted easily to fit the style. The rest I'm tentatively waiting to see what they look like. Lots of potential for new minifigs!

17 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

LEGO Harry Potter 2023

(76414) Expecto Patronum $64.99 (754 рс.)

(76415) The Battle of Hogwarts $84.99 (730 рс.)

(76416) Quidditch Trunk $64.99 (599 рс.)

(76417) Gringotts $429.99

(76418) Advent Calendar $44.99 (227 pc.)

(76419) Knight Bus ? (2260 pc.)

(76420) Dobby the House Elf $39.99 (403 pc.)

(76422) ???? $89.99 (834 pc.)

(76423) ???? $129.99 (1074 pc.)

Thanks for compiling this with the other information we have. I hope one of those two big sets is a ship 👍 might be the last one as if it has big hull parts that will push the part count down 

30 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

I hope the person on here who wants a UCS Dobby Sock is somewhat happy with these rumours :laugh:

What do you mean „person“, as in singular? We collectively morbed this thing into existence, it‘s a certified middle-of-January miracle! :head_back:

Speaking of miracle: I wonder why we already know about Gringotts and even the GWP so early. Those are usually the very last things to leak. I guess someone in the know was so excited they just had to spill the beans :grin: Hope nobody gets in trouble for this

30 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

promobricks didn't mention "diorama" as a possibility at all, but then also didn't know anything further about it definitively other than piece count, the price and those two words "Expecto Patronum", so that doesn't rule it out either. We have to work with what they have, so it's still open what kind of set it will be (or at least as far as the piece count permits) and what movie it would be from, although they speculated it might be Aberforth in DH to tie in with the known BoH set. (Was that necessarily a Patronus though? Or non-corporeal if so?) Regardless, it was also a very quick scene, so my guess would be any of the other suggestions people have made here before that one. (Then again, how long is the Durmstrang ship visible? 🤔 Maybe screen time just isn't the factor I think it is.) 

If you look at the lists @sebastian666 and @NostalgicBricks put together for us, you'll see that none of the new names include the "Hogwarts:" etc. prefixes, so either there are no more castle sets this year amongst the known quantities, which seems unlikely, or we shouldn't read too much into that.  

Thanks for the confirmation 🙂

It would have been a bit funny if it was called Hogwarts:Battle of Hogwarts I guess 😁

5 minutes ago, Seaber said:

It would have been a bit funny if it was called Hogwarts:Battle of Hogwarts I guess 😁

You joke, but I'm not ruling out 76415 Hogwarts Bridges: Battle of Hogwarts at Hogwarts until it's official. 😆

Most of the sets sound pretty good, it’s about time we get some rendition of the Battle of Hogwarts. Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint. No idea what to think of Expecto Patronum, could be some gimmicky set I guess. Gringotts is finally happening!! Weird that it’s more expensive than the other DA set. Hopefully it includes the Ironbelly

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hopefully it includes the Ironbelly

For that price, it‘d better include it :tongue: Imagine buying a $400 DA plus a $430 expansion, and then you‘d still have to fork out $50-70 for a dragon to complete the whole thing :laugh_hard: Released in 2026, of course.

Hopefully, the set will include the following elements:

• Interior of the bank with some desks
  • At least 4-5 goblins (including Griphook and BBQgrod)
  • Two vaults out of the three prominent ones (Lestrange, Potter, the one with the Philosopher‘s Stone). One of them’s gonna be a GWP anyway
  • A more accurate Philosopher‘s Stone (trans-red gold nugget piece please :wub:)
  • Dragomir Despard & Hermiotrix
  • The Ukrainian Ironbelly
  • Thief’s Downfall play feature (sounds like it may be included already!)
  • 2-3 guards
  • Lots of gold, GOLD!!
Edited by BrickBob Studpants

49 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

For that price, it‘d better include it :tongue: Imagine buying a $400 DA plus a $430 expansion, and then you‘d still have to fork out $50-70 for a dragon to complete the whole thing :laugh_hard: Released in 2026, of course.

Hopefully, the set will include the following elements:

• Interior of the bank with some desks
  • At least 4-5 goblins (including Griphook and BBQgrod)
  • Two vaults out of the three prominent ones (Lestrange, Potter, the one with the Philosopher‘s Stone). One of them’s gonna be a GWP anyway
  • A more accurate Philosopher‘s Stone (trans-red gold nugget piece please :wub:)
  • Dragomir Despard & Hermiotrix
  • The Ukrainian Ironbelly
  • Thief’s Downfall play feature (sounds like it may be included already!)
  • 2-3 guards
  • Lots of gold, GOLD!!

If the GWP is the Lestrange vault, it won’t be included in the set I would imagine

15 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If the GWP is the Lestrange vault, it won’t be included in the set I would imagine

Exactly, which is why I’d like the set to feature two vaults, so the third can be released as the GWP :classic:

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Bearded Ron, new Lestrange and cloaked adult Harry - YESSSS

Guys, I’ve tried trawling through all the pages but between the snippets of information and everyone’s wish lists, I’m still none the wiser as to the exact details that we actually know. Is this compiled anywhere? Thanks!

I know it’s not accurate to the films but I would love to get a Bill Weasley fig in Gringotts. Would be cool to include some references from the Universal ride. 

26 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Guys, I’ve tried trawling through all the pages but between the snippets of information and everyone’s wish lists, I’m still none the wiser as to the exact details that we actually know. Is this compiled anywhere? Thanks!

LEGO Harry Potter Summer 2023 wave: 

76414 Expecto Patronum $64.99 | 754 рieces (14+)

76415 The Battle of Hogwarts $84.99 | 730 pieces (9+)

76416 Quidditch Trunk $64.99 | 599 рieces (9+)

76417 D2C Gringotts $429.99 | ???? pieces - presumably autumn release (18+)

76418 Advent Calendar $44.99 | 227 pieces - presumably autumn release

76419 RUMOUR ONLY: D2C Knight Bus $ ??? | 2260 pieces

76421 Dobby the (buildable) House Elf with sock and cake $39.99 | 403 pieces (8+)

A Gringotts vault is expected as a GWP, no mention of when though

Three Brickheadz sets:

40616 Harry & Cho $19.99 | ??? pieces

40617 Draco & Cedric $19.99 | ??? pieces

40618 Kinglsley Shacklebolt $9.99 | ??? pieces

And there are also some Dots sets in the Harry Potter theme due out this year  

As yet unknown: 

76422 ???? $89.99 | 834 pieces

76423 ???? $129.99 | 1074 pieces

@Clone OPatra, could we update the post on the first page with the new info?

Also, I added the suitable ages as I'd noted from @Falconfan1414's post. If I've made transcription errors, please let me know. Cheers. 😊

Edited by krimimimi

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

Bearded Ron, new Lestrange and cloaked adult Harry - YESSSS

There’s no way a GWP will have those figures. Honestly I think the best thing to do would be to make the Lestrange vault part of the set, and then make the GWP Vault 713 with a reused Harry minifig or something 

12 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Thanks for putting all the info in one place @NostalgicBricks. So glad I've managed to get my head around not being a completionist with this theme now when you lay out the costs like that. :grin: They really aren't going small with the theme this year!

I wish I could do the same! From the 2018 reboot onwards, I was only missing the art set and the Harry and Hermione bigfigs but I got them for Christmas because they were reduced. With this ridiculously-priced wave, I'm going to have to wait for offers and sales because it's unattainable to carry on like this. So many of the 2022 sets had great offers over Christmas so I'm going to try and hang on. I can imagine the Brickheadz will be reduced sooner or later because I can't see them being best-sellers with that character line up. There is no way I'm buying a £150 Knight Bus and if Expecto Patronum really is a vignette I can skip another £60 there, too (i will probably not be able to resist getting them in the future at a lower price, though). I have £120 in VIP Points so I'm going to use them towards Gringotts, and wait for the GWP if it doesn't run alongside its launch. I'm desperate for all of the Banners (except Slytherin) but I can imagine they'll be reduced soon like the Moments books, too. For the past two summers, Very has offered me a 20% discount because I have an account with them, which I have used for the June sets. Fingers crossed it happens again!

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

(trans-red gold nugget piece please :wub:)

Woah, how did I not know this piece exists? It would be perfect for PS! But remember the stone is wrapped up in Gringotts - I kind of want them to recreate that old Lego package print on a 2x1 tile like they used to have! And then they could add the stone to a proper forbidden corridor final challenge set. Interesting side-note: I still have the 2001 Gringotts and Forbidden Corridor sets somewhere. I really want to rebuild them!

48 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There’s no way a GWP will have those figures. Honestly I think the best thing to do would be to make the Lestrange vault part of the set, and then make the GWP Vault 713 with a reused Harry minifig or something 

That’s what my bet is honestly. The price tag in Gringott’s screams DH2, and is more than large enough not to leave out anything from that sequence. 

It makes much more sense for a gwp vault to be something from Harry’s first visit in PS/SS, and the appropriate torso already exists and has been used more than once, so it would hardly be surprising to see it again.