Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

45 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Your list sounds dreamy and honestly I would be beyond satisfied. Cedric and Fleur in a Durmstrang ship set seem unlikely though, at least to me.

Perhaps it could be marketed with the name “The Durmstrang Ship” and include a very small underwater build that complements the other set, perhaps even with Gabrielle Delacour, but it would seem very random and thrown-together.

My list is definitely a little too optimistic. Then again, if you had given me a speculated list this time last year that included Grimmauld Place, the Shrieking Shack, and the Ministry, I probably would have also thought that was too dreamy. I’m probably missing something from PS or CoS to be a bit more realistic. 

The only thing giving me any hope of the remaining second task champions is the fact that they really can’t show up in any other regular set and the ship would probably be a large set to only contain 3-4 minifigures. 

How do we know this is new information and she isn’t just going over the current leaks we know and making predictions? 

7 minutes ago, JS038 said:

How do we know this is new information and she isn’t just going over the current leaks we know and making predictions? 

Because it says "Summer leaks" and it's Promobricks - they don't fool around with clickbait.

19 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

My list is definitely a little too optimistic. Then again, if you had given me a speculated list this time last year that included Grimmauld Place, the Shrieking Shack, and the Ministry, I probably would have also thought that was too dreamy. I’m probably missing something from PS or CoS to be a bit more realistic. 

Good point! I’m rooting for a lineup as similar as possible to yours 😂 And they should let CoS and PS rest this year to be honest.

I forgot to comment on the leaked Rita by the way, and while I’m happy they finally made her, I really wish LEGO cared more about leg printing and cloth pieces nowadays. I don’t know if it’s a budget thing or a strategy to milk the characters as much as possible in order get the chance to perfect them over the years, and profit from all those versions or what. 

Final predictions:

Hogwarts: Troll in the Dungeon

Hagrid’s Hut: Forbidden Forest

Ukranian Ironbelly Escape

Quidditch World Cup

Durmstrang Ship

Malfoy Manor

D2C Gringott’s Bank

Oh boy, can't wait. Just ten hours to go.

I feel that if they play their cards right, it might actually turn out to be the best year for LEGO Harry Potter yet.

Huh, that‘s a month earlier than usual! *huh*
Not complaining though :grin:

My final predictions:

• PS Hagrid’s Hut
  • Battle of Hogwarts
  • random smaller Hogwarts extension
  • D2C Knight Bus
  • Skirmish at Malfoy Manor
  • Third Task
  • Troll on the loose

Exciting! My predictions from smallest to largest:

Troll on the loose - The trio + Quirrel

Hagrid’s Hut (PS) - Hagrid, Fang, Harry, Draco, and Firenze

14+ Buildable Niffler - or Dobby, or Ironbelly (I wish)

Quidditch tryouts (HBP) - Ginny, Harry, Ron, Cormac, Alicia, and Hermione

The battle of Hogwarts (DH2) - Harry, Seamus, Luna, McGonaggal, Molly, Voldemort, Death Eater, Scabior, Narcissa

Durmstrang Ship - Krum, Karkaroff, Durmstrang student, Dumbledore, Cedric, Maxime, Fleur, Barty Crouch Sr.

D2C Knight Bus (or something)

+ a secret D2C Gringotts *knocks on wood*

Now that I look at my list, I don’t really like it :D I hope we don’t get a quidditch set. It would also be a pleasant surprise to get a building like the Lovegood house, Shell cottage, or Malfoy manor.

Not going to make a full list but I just wish for a Durmstrang Ship hopefully around the £100 mark to be fully detailed and proportioned 

Bonus if it comes with missing lake task figures, extra GoF adult cast, another grindylow etc 

A whole list in mid-January would be great, but I still worry it's too soon.  Maybe it's a hint/confirmation about the d2c (last year Promo talked about Hulkbuster in December)

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Final predictions:

Hogwarts: Troll in the Dungeon

Hagrid’s Hut: Forbidden Forest

Ukranian Ironbelly Escape

Quidditch World Cup

Durmstrang Ship

Malfoy Manor

D2C Gringott’s Bank

I can't see Lego doing a Troll in the dungeon set as it would be based in the girls bathroom, and given the current Hogwarts set up with no immediate plans to reset it then they aren't going to want 2 bathroom sets Imo.  I do think it would be a good idea to get more TPS sets to put across the bottom section of Hogwarts to make things a bit more realistic in the set up if that makes sense?  if we see a Hagrid's hut I would like it be to be POA onwards as that is when the second smaller hut appears, the only thing different Lego need to do from the one that released in 2018 is make it a fully enclosed building. 

For me I think giving us common rooms and dorms is a must but Lego seem to be reluctant to do this. 

The only prediction I will make though is for a Lovegood house.  We could get a very detailed set for a fairly reasonable price. 

58 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Nobody predicting Dobbys sock? :laugh_hard:

Eh, too obvious :head_back: Or are you hinting at something?! :snicker:

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

The only prediction I will make though is for a Lovegood house.  We could get a very detailed set for a fairly reasonable price. 

While it’s unique-looking, serves as the place where an important scene happens, and offers good minifig potential, I still can’t see it as a set. Feels a bit too niche to me :shrug_oh_well: Prove me wrong, TLG!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

$64.99 | 754 pieces Fred and George's Escape from Hogwarts (Harry, Ron Fred George, Umbridge, Grubbly Plank, in a breakable uilding with exam desks and the big timer) 
$79.99 | 730 pieces Borgin and Burke's (Malfoy, Narcissa, Mr Borgin, Trio) 
$64.99 | 599 pieces Chamber of the Winged Keys (Trio, winged keys and small chess area) 
$xx.xx | 403 pieces The Trio's Tent (Trio, Doe) 
$89.99 Dumstrang Ship (compact but tall, Krum, Karkaroff, Hermione, Dumbledore) 
$129.99 Battle of Hogwarts  

AC based on Grimmauld Place in OotP. 

We won't get the D2C reveled will we? 

9 minutes ago, Seaber said:

We won't get the D2C reveled will we? 

In all likelihood, no. Diagon Alley, the Icon collection, and the Hogwarts Express were all first rumoured a while after we had seen the regular set lists in the respective years. This year shouldn’t be different :laugh:

46 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While it’s unique-looking, serves as the place where an important scene happens, and offers good minifig potential, I still can’t see it as a set. Feels a bit too niche to me :shrug_oh_well: Prove me wrong, TLG!

I could see the Lovegood house working as a set one of two ways - either as an “Ambush at the Lovegood House” set with a death eater or two similar to the “Attack on the Burrow” set OR as a set focused on the “The Tale of the Three Brothers” with a nice build for the Lovegood house, a brick built Death figure, and three all black minifigs each with one of the Deathly Hallows. 

21 minutes ago, Seaber said:

$79.99 | 730 pieces Borgin and Burke's (Malfoy, Narcissa, Mr Borgin, Trio) 

I’ve been dreaming of this set for ages… It would need to be in the same style / scale as the rest of Diagon Alley for me to be happy with it though. And I wouldn’t be mad if it was part of a more expensive 18+ “Knockturn Alley” set that also included Dystyl Phalanges - the shop that sells skeletons and bones.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I would have said the same about the Beauxbatons carriage, and it doesn't even serve as a place where anything happens nor would I have said it has good minifig potential!

The Lovegood House could be done one of several different ways, even as a smaller side Dursley house size set just capturing the shape and having a very simplified interior. I would love to see it in conjunction with a Tale of the Three Brothers scene, or just the latter (though I really can't see that by itself).

I love this Lovegood house MOC by Brick Surgeon. I imagine LEGO would want to add a bit more color and references to Luna in the interior though. 

image-asset.jpeg?format=1500w

image-asset.jpeg?format=1500w

Here’s my final prediction:

Hogwarts Final Battle Set (trio in iconic final outfits)

Forbidden Forest Deathly Hallows remake
Iron Belly Dragon model

Dumstrang Ship
Knight Bus remake (larger scale)

Gringotts

OMG I'm so excited. I literally can't concentrate on anything else for 90 minutes. :moar: Reading everyone's ideas makes me even more excited.

I'm not going to make any guesses, but on the video thumbnail, behind the Deathly Hallows sign, that sure looks like a violent purple, triple-decker bus to me. Everyone talking about the Lovegood house is making me so hyped for it; Lego does the dolls-house style HP sets so well. I desperately want Fang this year, and I'd love some Deathly Hallow sets (especially the tent or the wedding) and something from the first two movies (Hagrid's Hut, the Final Challenge, Troll in the Dunegon etc.). Let's go! :grin_wub:

Edited by NostalgicBricks

Looking at their history, things likely to put in an appearance: one Forbidden Forest set, most likely some means of transportation (speaking of which, Hogwarts Express and Knight Bus are both very high rotation and will be due out again in the not too distant future), Hagrid's Hut, Quidditch / Flying, a Castle extension, and some creature or another... It also looks like Hogsmeade additions / secondary Wizarding locations are a new regular thing right now, which is awesome.

76414 $64.99 | 754 pieces - a Buildable dragon everyone will complain about with the trio and something to vaguely represent the escape from Gringotts. Maybe one of the independent vaults we've hypothesised about, as the inevitable Gringotts should be on the same level as DA. DH2 Harry, Hermione, Ron. 25 years later... Creature, check.

76415 $79.99 | 730 pieces Durmstrang ship. GoF Karkaroff, Krum, Merperson... Ties into the Second Task set. Transport, check.

76418 $???? | 227 pieces - I'm betting this is a $20 set, as that really seems to be missing in the line up this year. Forest of Dean w/ Harry, Ron, doe Patronus, tree, rock, frozen water, Gryffindor's sword OR remake of the Narcissa in the Forbidden Forest scene from DH2 Narcissa, Hagrid, Harry, Voldemort. Forest sets, check. 

76421 $???? | 403 pieces - I think it's too soon for another bathroom set, so Troll in Bathroom has to wait. A Quidditch set probably needs more pieces the way they're doing things now, unless it's Quidditch tryouts (Lee and Cormac would be sensible additions). Otherwise med-small Hogwarts extension Umbridge's Reign of Terror and the twin's escape with fireworks, w/ Filch and his ladder and rules plaques OotP Umbridge, Filch, Fred and George, and possibly detention Harry (or they'll need to give us a 3rd CMF eventually). This can also make use of the Fiendfyre serpent in March's RoR to add to the fireworks display. 

Or Snape's DADA class (actually Lupin's), "turn to page 394" PoA has to appear eventually. Either way, Castle, check.

76422 $89.99 | ??? pieces - Hogsmeade Hog's Head and either another store, possibly either Puddifoot's as part of their efforts to pinkify things or the bridge with Katie Bell and the cursed necklace. OotP / HBP Ties into the Room of Requirement set and could give us a sleeping Cho alt face in one of the few sets she still sensibly belongs. Hogsmeade, check. 

76423 $129.99 | ??? pieces - BoH, maybe the Bell Towers (finally) and bridge. I can't picture them skipping the Bell Towers while they're still doing the modular format, as it really lends itself to that footprint, and the modulars can't continue forever, so no better time than the present. We also really need to see some of the faculty somewhere in the summer wave. DH2 Castle, check. They could make this a set from previous years, but then they need to give us a Death Eater Accessory Pack this summer, too, or the BoH is going to be terribly one sided.   

While we can put McGonagall in the BoH set, Snape is less likely and Dumbledore not at all, and I can't picture a year without them, so while ordinarily I'd say 76416 $64.99 | 599 pieces should be the Hagrid's Hut (PS version), they might need a better way to work in some of the other instructors or members of the OotP. Shell Cottage would get us Bill, finally, and Fleur. We've got Griphook and could use a tie in from the Gringotts escape. Unfortunately it's more likely they'd do a set from PS / CoS. *shrug* 

Edited by krimimimi