Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

After further analysis, they used the Happy Hogan/Druig/Kaz head for batman in the batmobile and batwing sets. But i cant tell if the one in the 4+ set is exclusive or not

Edited by LemonFlavouredBleach

31 minutes ago, scottypavarotti said:

These are pretty neat sets. However, we now have collectors and minifig scale sets of the Keaton Batmobile and Batwing (and the cave for what it’s worth). I kind of doubt we’ll get the Batski or the Batmissile. So…we might be done with the Keaton sets…?

What’s next? We recently got a Collectors and minifig Tumbler so probably not another one of those. Could they finally target BTAS? Is it popular enough to get the same treatment?

I guess we’re still missing a collectors ‘66 mobile…

I mean, they did release two large scale Tumbler sets. I wouldn’t put it past Lego to just keep rehashing Keaton sets. Maybe next year we’ll get another large scale Batmobile, maybe even one big enough for a buildable figure.

40 minutes ago, scottypavarotti said:

These are pretty neat sets. However, we now have collectors and minifig scale sets of the Keaton Batmobile and Batwing (and the cave for what it’s worth). I kind of doubt we’ll get the Batski or the Batmissile. So…we might be done with the Keaton sets…?

What’s next? We recently got a Collectors and minifig Tumbler so probably not another one of those. Could they finally target BTAS? Is it popular enough to get the same treatment?

I guess we’re still missing a collectors ‘66 mobile…

BTAS is the logical choice, although they'll probably do '66. BTAS looks very similar to the Burton one so maybe they'll want something visually different to juice sales. I don't think '66 would sell well at that scale but who knows.

Edited by NovaBricks

4 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I mean, they did release two large scale Tumbler sets. I wouldn’t put it past Lego to just keep rehashing Keaton sets. Maybe next year we’ll get another large scale Batmobile, maybe even one big enough for a buildable figure.

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS! :laugh:

I would not complain at all about getting some affordable Heath Ledger Jokers

8 minutes ago, hvader said:

I would not complain at all about getting some affordable Heath Ledger Jokers

You will when we get ten of them and they only share a vague resemble to the character. 😛

I just wrote an entire thesis for Marvel so I'll be short and to the point for DC. 

76224 - Tired of the Batmobiles but ecstatic to finally have a dark green version of this hair piece. Makes me want an Arkham Joker and I do love the face print. 

76265 - The Batwing is alright but could we have gotten like Vicky Vale? or the floating parade scene with civilians instead of this? Just something to have spiced up either the choice for the build, the figures included, or both. We've gotten Batwings before and every set this wave has Batman and the Joker so what makes me as a consumer want to buy this set? It's got nothing going for it imo.

76264 - It's a 4 plus set and if any set had to just have Batman and the Joker in it, this one would be it. The other 2 sets are larger and have less excuse for their figure selection or repetitive choice of build. But how could you complain that some toddlers or young kids could have an affordable way to get Batman and his arch nemesis? This is not the set to be mad at.

But yeah, saving money, we are. Also just want to randomly comment I wish the Scarecrow Tumblr was still on shelves.

Edited by cosmic

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…three sets that all come with Batman and The Joker. Huh. At least the models look good!

I think it's hilarious that the three jokers are all SLIGHTLY different. If you're a completionist for figs, you have to get the juniors set for the slightly lighter suit color, and you have to get both the batwing and batmobile for the hat/hair.

I'm torn on the 4+ batmobile set. On the one hand, it's the quintessential 4+ set. Batmobile, batman, joker, and they even gave an exclusive joker. On the other hand, since there are multiple sets around the same price with that same batman and a joker, why not just make a different villain? They had the budget for new prints...

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

DC: Do you want Batman and The Joker, Batman and The Joker, or perhaps Batman and The Joker?

This is actually a super deep parallel to the "three jokers" storyline. But without a crowbar, we can't tell which one is the clown.

27 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is actually a super deep parallel to the "three jokers" storyline. But without a crowbar, we can't tell which one is the clown.

4+ is The Clown because his suit is a lighter color.

Batwing is the The Comedian because he’s wearing a hat like in The Killing Joke.

Batmobile is The Criminal because that’s who is left.

Edited by psqidexslizer

2 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

4+ is The Clown because his suit is a lighter color.

Batwing is the The Comedian because he’s wearing a hat like in The Killing Joke.

Batmobile is The Criminal because that’s who is left.

I just came here to say this! You beat me to the punchline though. :tongue:

1 hour ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

After further analysis, they used the Happy Hogan/Druig/Kaz head for batman in the batmobile and batwing sets. But i cant tell if the one in the 4+ set is exclusive or not

It’s looks like Joey Tribianni’s face from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. to me. Not sure why they’re not using the new Keaton face for any of these sets. 

55 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

It’s looks like Joey Tribianni’s face from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. to me. Not sure why they’re not using the new Keaton face for any of these sets. 

The head literally comes out in a $4.99 polybag so I dont get the point whatsoever in reusing the Kaz head. Joey’s head is a extremely random use

2 ore fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Penso che sia esilarante che i tre jolly siano tutti LEGGERMENTE diversi. Se sei un completista per i fichi, devi prendere i juniors set per il colore della tuta leggermente più chiaro, e devi prendere sia il batwing che la batmobile per il cappello/capelli

This for those who keep saying that lego makes toys for children :-p

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We. We are the clowns.

1 hour ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

The head literally comes out in a $4.99 polybag

Can't wait to get some head then! 😳

55 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

This for those who keep saying that lego makes toys for children :-p

They do, but they know how to get adult fans to buy 3 batman vs joker sets.

37 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

We. We are the clowns.

We're only the clowns if we buy a $48 batmobile or a $27 juniors batmobile. (The batwing is reasonably priced IMO)

6 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

That's probably getting used in the BTAS skyline.

No way. He slightly resembles BTAS' Joker, but mostly because he has a tie instead of a bowtie.

18 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

No way. He slightly resembles BTAS' Joker, but mostly because he has a tie instead of a bowtie.

That’s technically a Victorian bow tie, not a tie.

Big difference between this figure and BtAS design are:

Lego has a vest, BtAS does not.

Lego has a green bow tie, BtAS is more teal.

Lego has lines on the suit and darker lapels, BtAS does not.

Lego has a yellow boutonnière, BtAS is red.

The suit coat slopes down towards the front on Lego, but slopes up towards the front on BtAS.

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

That’s technically a Victorian bow tie, not a tie.

Big difference between this figure and BtAS design are:

Lego has a vest, BtAS does not.

Lego has a green bow tie, BtAS is more teal.

Lego has lines on the suit and darker lapels, BtAS does not.

Lego has a yellow boutonnière, BtAS is red.

The suit coat slopes down towards the front on Lego, but slopes up towards the front on BtAS.

Precisely, this one barely looks anything like the one from BTAS other than them having a similar tie (?).

Like no way someone can look at this minifigure and think "Yeah, obviously represents Joker from the cartoon, uncanny resemblance"

It’s so weird, at the start of this year I was so hyped for “ DC “ sets. The flash set and then the return of the theme via falcon fan. But dang, we just got Keaton. I’m 100% coping the Batmobile though to complete the line-up.

If we follow the same pattern next year of doing sets based off legacy dc films I really really hope we get more Dark Knight trilogy stuff. Specifically, I want the Bat because it’s my favorite Batman vehicle. Also would be nice to get Ra’s and an updated bane.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Precisely, this one barely looks anything like the one from BTAS other than them having a similar tie (?).

Like no way someone can look at this minifigure and think "Yeah, obviously represents Joker from the cartoon, uncanny resemblance"

It's the color of the suit for me, I think this is the first mainline joker to not be wearing that dark purple shade for his suit (Aside from the one TDKR fig), and it does look pretty close in color to the TAS one. But the detailing is clearly significantly different, as you say. It's definately not meant to be a TAS suit, but I think the color is why people are saying it is.

1 hour ago, Nylock said:

It’s so weird, at the start of this year I was so hyped for “ DC “ sets. The flash set and then the return of the theme via falcon fan. But dang, we just got Keaton. I’m 100% coping the Batmobile though to complete the line-up.

What really weirds me out is the reliance on Keaton specifically. Generally speaking, the TDK trilogy was more well-received, and it's not like the Burton films are any more kid-friendly. Is it just that the flash has him in it? 

The +4 set being $27 is just a scam

Also, I kind of get the 3 Jokers thing, but why do they all needed to be the 89 one ?

There's a certain Morbius feel to this whole Keaton thing. I get that he's a popular Batman and people are glad to see him back, but we now have knowledge of five Keaton Batman sets in one wave. It's like someone at TLG went "alright, Keaton's pretty hot property right now, so let's not mess this up like when we've missed popular characters". 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also, I kind of get the 3 Jokers thing, but why do they all needed to be the 89 one ?

The tie-in is pretty loose, none of those Jokers resemble Nicholson.

I thought the Batmobile set looked cool and then saw the pricetag. Yeeowch. I'll bricklink the new figs and call it a day.

I really didn't think we needed another 1989 Batwing since I thought the one from the 2019 Riddler set looked pretty much perfect. After seeing this new one though, boy was I wrong. The new version blows the 2019 one out of the water, especially in terms of the shaping with the curves. It literally looks like a shrunken version of the UCS set, it even has the same feature where you can hang it on a wall. I think the designers did a better job with this one than the Batmobile, but those stud launchers are definitely getting replaced with more accurate looking rockets. I'm curious to see if someone is going to end up modifying this into the new Batwing design from The Flash since that one shares a lot of its DNA with the original '89 design, just with longer wings in the front. That would make me want to buy two copies of this set for sure.

The '89 Batman is the same as the one from the Batmobile, so no new thoughts there (though Lego is definitely using the new cowl to their advantage by using the Kaz/Shang-Chi head underneath it, which was also used for the 2019 Bruce Wayne figure from the Batcave so I guess there's one bit of accidental continuity). The Joker figure got the purple fedora in this set as we all expected, even though this would've been the perfect chance to use the new Indiana Jones hair/hat combo in a new color. But I really want to know how Lego managed to ignore the most iconic part of this scene and NOT give Joker his giant pistol. The one time that Lego could've given Joker a comically oversized gun that was actually from the movie...and they leave it out. It's super easy to make a custom one, but it still doesn't change the fact that the setup was right there and they didn't go for it.